10 weeks pregnant

Congrats! I’m local so I visited all the time when pregnant. At 10 weeks my only issue was being tired often and having an aversion to certain foods (I could not eat anything fried while pregnant, even the smell made me want to barf). I avoided everything that says pregnant riders should not ride, as well as Pirates and Frozen due to the drops.
Funny you would say this, I told her when I was pregnant I had a hugh aversion to certain smells and foods...she said " Mom, let's be honest, you know I'm going for the food"...I thought, hmmm, we'll see..🤪

Congrats! I’m local so I visited all the time when pregnant. At 10 weeks my only issue was being tired often and having an aversion to certain foods (I could not eat anything fried while pregnant, even the smell made me want to barf). I avoided everything that says pregnant riders should not ride, as well as Pirates and Frozen due to the drops.

So, I went at 16 weeks and did do the 2 rides you mentioned. I’ve never really considered those “drops”...they feel more like “slides” to me. And I didn’t have any kind of belly until at least 20 weeks, so my stomach wasn’t going to be running into anything.

I think it’s probably an individual comfort level thing and I totally understand that everyone has different views. Just offering my perspective.

I did avoid anything with a pregnancy warning. If memory serves, the only headliner I could do was Soarin (which I love, so I was happy about that). I can’t remember if the Safari has a pregnancy warning, but I avoided that one due to lack of nearby restroom facilities should the ride have to stop for an animal in the road. I was one of those pregnant women who always needed to be near a bathroom.

Just found out our DD is pregnant! 🥰 we had a special mother daughter only 4 day trip planned the 3rd week in April. Other than no crazy coasters or jarring rides, any other tips for this trip? This is a first in all the trips, 25 or so, that anyone in our family is expecting...I'm super excited but also a bit concerned..
I went to Disney at 10 weeks. My dr advised to stick to rides that handheld infants are permitted on. I was 36 at the time, though, so I was also super mindful of miscarriage. I was cautious with snacks because of listeria fears, but everyone does what works for them. I also totally pushed myself too hard. I came with my 4 year old, so had to match her energy. I really should have slowed down. Agreed on all the water drinking.

I went at 8 weeks pregnant with my first and my main issue was when I got hungry, I got hangry and needed to eat right away. But then I'd get heartburn by the time the meal was over, so then I wouldn't fully enjoy the meals as much as on other trips. We announced the pregnancy to my parents, sister, and brother-in-law after we checked into AoA because I knew my sister would think something was up when I skipped out on the coasters. I also went at 21 wks with my 2nd, and my main issue was just getting tired easily. But it was summer, and I was chasing around a 2.5 year old by then. Honestly, a lot of the rides that I had to skip when pregnant are rides I still miss out on because the kids aren't big enough to ride yet. I was lucky to not have bad morning sickness, so that could make a difference.

So, I went at 16 weeks and did do the 2 rides you mentioned. I’ve never really considered those “drops”...they feel more like “slides” to me. And I didn’t have any kind of belly until at least 20 weeks, so my stomach wasn’t going to be running into anything.

I think it’s probably an individual comfort level thing and I totally understand that everyone has different views. Just offering my perspective.

I did avoid anything with a pregnancy warning. If memory serves, the only headliner I could do was Soarin (which I love, so I was happy about that). I can’t remember if the Safari has a pregnancy warning, but I avoided that one due to lack of nearby restroom facilities should the ride have to stop for an animal in the road. I was one of those pregnant women who always needed to be near a bathroom.
Thanks for the reply. She is totally ok with, and looking forward to Pirates and says its pretty much a slide. Safari is something she wants to do as well, as long as she, like you, won't be needing a a bathroom break too often. Other than that she will be avoiding any E ticket rides with pregnancy warnings

I went to Disney at 10 weeks. My dr advised to stick to rides that handheld infants are permitted on. I was 36 at the time, though, so I was also super mindful of miscarriage. I was cautious with snacks because of listeria fears, but everyone does what works for them. I also totally pushed myself too hard. I came with my 4 year old, so had to match her energy. I really should have slowed down. Agreed on all the water drinking.
Wow, you are a super mom able to even go with a 4 year old AND pregnant....She is pretty much looking forward to dark ride, Hall of Presidents, American Adventure and the like.

I went at 8 weeks pregnant with my first and my main issue was when I got hungry, I got hangry and needed to eat right away. But then I'd get heartburn by the time the meal was over, so then I wouldn't fully enjoy the meals as much as on other trips. We announced the pregnancy to my parents, sister, and brother-in-law after we checked into AoA because I knew my sister would think something was up when I skipped out on the coasters. I also went at 21 wks with my 2nd, and my main issue was just getting tired easily. But it was summer, and I was chasing around a 2.5 year old by then. Honestly, a lot of the rides that I had to skip when pregnant are rides I still miss out on because the kids aren't big enough to ride yet. I was lucky to not have bad morning sickness, so that could make a difference.
Thanks for reply...was there something you were able to take for the heartburn? She is already developing unusual eating habits, by that I mean often and having "hangry" issues as well, and I'm concerned over the heartburn issue.

Thanks for reply...was there something you were able to take for the heartburn? She is already developing unusual eating habits, by that I mean often and having "hangry" issues as well, and I'm concerned over the heartburn issue.
I just used Tums and drank peppermint tea (can bring tea bags from home and get hot water from resort food court). Also, I would prop myself up with pillows when sleeping.

I have been in first trimester (I believe I was 11 weeks?) and third trimester (at around 29 weeks). The problem with going in the first trimester for me was food aversions/nausea. I wasn't able to enjoy my favorite Disney snacks and that was sad. Other than that it was fine. Third trimester had its own challenges due to needing to take breaks more often etc, and I definitely overdid it.

If she can get a prescription for anti-nausea meds that might make a huge difference.

I have been in first trimester (I believe I was 11 weeks?) and third trimester (at around 29 weeks). The problem with going in the first trimester for me was food aversions/nausea. I wasn't able to enjoy my favorite Disney snacks and that was sad. Other than that it was fine. Third trimester had its own challenges due to needing to take breaks more often etc, and I definitely overdid it.

If she can get a prescription for anti-nausea meds that might make a huge difference.
Right now she's using natural remedies that seem to work, slightly. So I'm going to get her the acupressure band that someone had suggested.

I agree with all of the above..
Get her a super cute shirt to wear..

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=disney shirt baby on the way
I'll bring an extra duffel bag for extra treasures, for sure. She is not by any means high risk, just didn't think she could get pregnant as she has slight endometriosis and has never used birth control. (She will be asking Dr. if there is any risk for her going).. So we are all over the moon and ready to spend $$$ on her and the babe.

At 10 weeks I was fine pregnant, even with my twins I had no morning sickness and went to Hershey park. The embryo is like an inch big, a m/c in the first trim is usually meant to be, just not a viable pregnancy. Unless she has moderate/severe m/s, I see no reason why she can’t live life normally.

This is what I was going to say. At 10 weeks, the baby is so small that it is not affected by movement yet. The worst thing that I had to deal with was having to pee ALL THE TIME. LOL

Following along! Recently found out I'm pregnant and I have a trip coming up at the end of April. I have heard that almond milk helps with heartburn as well. Not necessarily something to carry around easily, but you might be able to keep some stocked in your room!

Following along! Recently found out I'm pregnant and I have a trip coming up at the end of April. I have heard that almond milk helps with heartburn as well. Not necessarily something to carry around easily, but you might be able to keep some stocked in your room!
Congratulations! I wonder if the sit-down restaurants sell almond milk for the lactose intolerant guests?!?!🤔

Safari is something she wants to do as well, as long as she, like you, won't be needing a a bathroom break too often.

FYI Kilimanjaro Safaris does have a warning that pregnant women should not ride. I know many women will say they did anyways but I personally held off. It's bumpy and I figured just not worth the risk. Have a great trip!

Congratulations! I wonder if the sit-down restaurants sell almond milk for the lactose intolerant guests?!?!🤔
Thank you! I would imagine that they would! Are you staying at a Disney resort? They may have them at the food courts in the grab and go area. One would think so, anyway! My mom says that regular milk will do the trick as well, but I've yet to try it!

FYI Kilimanjaro Safaris does have a warning that pregnant women should not ride. I know many women will say they did anyways but I personally held off. It's bumpy and I figured just not worth the risk. Have a great trip!
Yes, I was surprised pregnant women couldn’t ride because there’s no height restriction. Then when we finally took my son on I was like, oh, right, this ride is bumpy AF!

For me it was decaf tea and evaporated milk, and plain shreddies -- no milk, no nothing. We weren't going to WDW when I was pregnant, but we camped in the backcountry a few times and this was portable. I also had to avoid having an empty stomach, so I snacked wherever I could -- even in a canoe in the middle of a lake.

Congratulations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter