10 Days Of Glorious Disney Dining! Lots Of Pics!~Complete!

Oh my gosh. SO much good food. Maybe next time we'll go for the dining plan instead of going cheap.

And after hearing everyone rave about Kona breakfast, I'm going to have to make it over there next trip.

After a great day at MGM and some relaxation time back at AKL, we head out for dinner. We hop a bus to MK and then we take a monorail to Contemporary and we are at our destination... The Wave!

P1030758.jpg

I loved the entrance and the lounge here. Very chic! DH and I were super excited to eat here for the first time. After seeing reviews on here and looking over the menu I booked this restaurant in hopes it would become a new favorite. I am sorry to say it is mostly definitly not a new favorite. It was our most disappointing meal of the trip.

We were seated right away and our waitress came over and took our drink orders. She always explained the restaurant to us. She was telling us about how the goal here is healthy eating and told us that nothing on the menu was fried. We made some little joke about "Oh no! No fried food?" :laughing: But this only got us a dirty look from our waitress. Geez. We were just kidding. To start she brought us out the bread and butter.

P1030753.jpg

I believe this is some kind of multi-grain bread. It wasn't bad by any means, but it was the epitome of plain.

DH ordered the Organic Beer Flight to drink.

P1030756.jpg

He said it was the most boring beer he ever drank. He said the one was exactly like drinking a Miller Lite. And he did not mean that as a compliment :rotfl:

Every entree on the menu sounded great! We both had a tough time choosing. DH got the Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Cave Man Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette, Local Tomato and Green Bean Salad, and Fingerling Potatoes.

P1030754.jpg

A few problems with this dish. It looks big in the picture, but it was so tiny. It wasn't very filling for him. Also, our waitress asked him if he was ok with bleu cheese because there was a lot on this dish and he told her that he loved bleu cheese and the more the better. There was barely any bleu cheese on it! Why make a point to ask when there really isn't a lot on it? The final problem was that he asked about getting a side of the stewed mushrooms listed on the menu. Our waitress was baffled by this request for some reason. He had to repeat the question multiple times and point to it on the menu before she knew what he was talking about. He said he would pay for the side and that would be fine. She then said that she could only substitute it for something else on the plate. :confused3 He kept saying we could pay for it, but she kept insisting that he substitute it for the tomato and green bean salad, so he finally gave up and just did it that way. Again, this wasn't bad, but he just said it was too small and tasteless.

I had the Espresso-Barbecue Beef Short Rib with Mustard Seed Slaw and Applewood-smoked Bacon Potato Salad.

P1030755.jpg

I was really looking forward to trying this. DH's mother makes a bacon potato salad that is TO DIE FOR! It's famous in their family. On our Memorial Day picnic this year I ate two plates of it and nothing else. Not even a hot dog. It's that good. So, I knew this potato salad wouldn't be as good, but I thought it would still be pretty darn tasty. :crazy2: It was kind of yucky. And the Mustard Seed Slaw had no flavor whatsoever. I was just raw shredded veggies in a pile on my plate. The short ribs were tender and I really liked them, but the sauce on top was so overpowering with the meat. Less sauce and it would have been good, but there was waaaay too much on there.

Also, our food was out to us eerily fast. I would say it was only about 5 minutes from ordering it until it hit our table. I'm not complaining, but it was really weird. When we commented to our waitress how quickly this came out it only elicited another blank stare.

We thought that the food coming out fast was a good sign and that we would have quick service throughout the meal. Nope. After our food came out and we finished eating we sat with empty plates in frony of us for over 30 minutes. DH also tried to flag our waitress down as she was walking by to order a glass of wine which got a response of, "HOLD ON!" This was said in a NASTY tone. We looked at each other like, "What did we do?" We really are not a pain out at restaurants. We are just about the most easy going customers you can get, and I work with the public all day every day, so I always try to be understanding about service, but this was ridiculous. Our waitress was so rude to us and then I saw her laughing and being friendly with other tables. Where's the love for us lady? When she finally came back to ask DH what he wanted he just said to forget about it. We just wanted to eat our dessert and leave. She still didn't clear our plates.

We then waited and waited for a dessert menu. When she brought it out we decided pretty quickly. We then waited and waited some more for her to take our order even though she kept walking past the two of us sitting there with our dessert menus closed. I was determined to enjoy this dessert. I was hoping it would save the meal right here. We both ordered the Creamy Indulgence which was New York Cheesecake with House-made Seasonal Fruit Compote, Coffee Crème Brûlée with Chocolate Biscotti and Olive Oil-infused Chocolate Truffle Mousse.

P1030757.jpg

The Creme Brulee and the Biscotti were really good! It did have a very strong coffee flavor, so I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like coffee. The biscotti complimented it perfectly. The Mousse was a little bit different consistancy than most mousse I have tried, but it was really good and there was a little bit of caramel with it on the plate which was yummy. The cheesecake was creamy and good, but that fruit on it was YUCK! It was very bitter. I don't even know for sure what kind of fruit it was. I hate fruit on my cheesecake, but DH loves it. Not this time. He had way less fruit on his piece than I did and even he was grossed out by it. We both picked it off the top like a couple of fussy kids :rotfl:

Once again we sat there with our empty plates in front of us for a long time and then sat there again for a long time before she brought the bill over. DH told me to get my card out so that we could give it to her as soon as she gave us the bill. Well now here comes the friendliness we've been waiting for. "Oh I hope you're meal was wonderful!" "Did you like the dessert, it's my favorite?" "Are you having a magical trip?" Please. You have been rude to us all night, but now that it's time to tip, you turn on the charm. That really annoyed me. I tried to give her the card, but she said I had to fill it out first. :confused3 There's nothing to fill out! The only place to write in something was the tip, but I always leave cash, so I wrote "CASH" in the tip line and gave it to her. I wanted to pay cash for the beer too rather than charge it back to the room, but she brushed past the table so fast and just grabbed it off the table that I couldn't even tell her that. I tried to yell after her, but she just kept walking.

She came back with the bill and said, "I charged the beer back to your room. Was that okay?" I politely told her that I wanted to pay cash for it, but that she walked away from me too fast to tell her. It wasn't a big deal, but still. No apology. No offer to fix it. Just one last blank stare.

We left and got back on the monorail to head to MK. DH's two sisters have a reservation for The Wave during their trip to WDW in November, so DH called his one sister to tell her how much we didn't like The Wave and persuade her to cancel her ressie. He was talking to her while we were on the monorail and he said to her, "They managed to ruin beer and cheesecake!" Which prompted a big laugh from a fellow passenger :lmao:

We are still talking about how disappointing this restaurant was. I had high hopes for it too. The dessert was pretty good, other than the weird fruit on my cheesecake, but other than that everything was boring or just plain gross. You can make food healthy, but still give it flavor. We might have enjoyed it a little more with better service, but the terrible service we got just made the whole expereince that much worse. I hate to be so harsh on this place, but I really wouldn't recommend it based on our experience.

Ok, crazy rant over! :laughing: Sorry for such a bummer of a review

Up next, a great food day at MK!

Any chance your server's name was Kim? We had the rudest, rudest service at the Wave in February from a gal with that name. What is sad is that we could see the darling server who had taken care of us the year before JUST over in the other room. So close, yet, so far! It was awful to be treated in such a way after having stellar service ten months earlier. I am so sorry for your experience. I am convinced that rude service makes everything, including the food, just seem bad. :sad2:

I know I missed the Tonga Toast, but that Samoan :cloud9: that looks amazing. It will be a tough choice next time.

Great reviews.

You have just made me so excited about eating breakfast at Kona for the first time :banana:

I love the reviews and your pictures are almost edible! :love:

Yorkshire pudding is one of my absolute favourites! However, I noticed in the picture that there were roasted potatoes in it ... I'm sincerely hoping that was a mistake by the server and not how they normally serve them since, as StawberryTink pointed out, proper yorkshire pudding is essentially the "bread" filled with gravy ... no potatoes. Whenever we had yorkshire pudding, it was instead of potatoes.

That being said, there is a local deli that makes mini-yorkshire puddings filled with roast beef. They're just a bit bigger then bitesize and pure bliss :cloud9:

Once again, love the reviews. There's so many places I want to try now that I always just skipped past! :woohoo:

From other pics I have seen in other dining reviews I think they serve it with the potatoes inside of it all the time. I don't know the proper way to serve yorkshire pudding, but it's intersting if that's not really how it's normally served. The one you describe from your local deli sounds delicious though! So glad you're enjoying my reviews. Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Oh my gosh. SO much good food. Maybe next time we'll go for the dining plan instead of going cheap.

And after hearing everyone rave about Kona breakfast, I'm going to have to make it over there next trip.

If you can ever get the free dining plan, that is the way to go. We did free ding twice and then we stayed DVC our last three trip and had to pay for the dining plan. I think we got the least bang for our buck this trip. I do like the dining plan and it's a great way to have a chance to try a lot of new food, but I think we might go without it next trip.

Kona Cafe breakfast was great! I'm glad we finally took the time to eat breakfast there!

Any chance your server's name was Kim? We had the rudest, rudest service at the Wave in February from a gal with that name. What is sad is that we could see the darling server who had taken care of us the year before JUST over in the other room. So close, yet, so far! It was awful to be treated in such a way after having stellar service ten months earlier. I am so sorry for your experience. I am convinced that rude service makes everything, including the food, just seem bad. :sad2:

I really can't remember her name, but I hope they don't have more than one horribly rude waitress in there. :rotfl: And your absolutly right, bad service totally changes your perspective on the meal.

I know I missed the Tonga Toast, but that Samoan :cloud9: that looks amazing. It will be a tough choice next time.

Great reviews.

Thanks for joining in :goodvibes I am torn on what to get next time too! That Tonga Toast is too amazing to pass up, but so many other things look amazing too. I'll just have to go every morning so that I can try everything.:thumbsup2

You have just made me so excited about eating breakfast at Kona for the first time :banana:

Yay! I hope you love it there! We had breakfast reservations here for the last three trips, but we just finally got there this trip. I never wanted to take time out of going to the parks in the morning, but this breakfast was definitely worth it.

After breakfast at Kona Cafe we headed to DTD to see a movie. We saw the very boring Apollo 18, but we didn't care because we love that theater. I just enjoy sitting in there in the air conditioning.

When the movie was over we headed to the Marketplace with a mid-day treat in mind. Ghirardelli!

We never seem to be hungry enough for a sundae when we're at DTD, but today this was going to be our lunch.

I am a sucker for ANYTHING chocolate and peanut butter, so my decision was easy. I got the Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae. Two scoops of vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Perfectly topped with whipped cream, roasted peanut halves, a cherry, and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate.

P1030873.jpg

DH went a different direction and got the Very Berry Sundae. One scoop of premium strawberry cheesecake ice cream with sliced strawberry topping under a layer of blueberry cheesecake ice cream, blueberry topping, whipped cream and our chocolate berry blues and a hand made chocolate dipped waffle roll.

P1030872.jpg

I think the pictures pretty much speak for themselves. They were delicious! A little pricey, but delicious. Our total after tax for the two sundaes was almost $20. Yikes! But, hey, it's vacation. This is our splurge time of the year.

Up next... Our first trip to Garden Grill!

The ice cream looks awesome.... your reviews really make me hungry!

I really have to make it to Ghiradelli's in December!! That peanut butter hot fudge sundae has me drooling!!

I really have to make it to Ghiradelli's in December!! That peanut butter hot fudge sundae has me drooling!!

It's funny that you're looking forward to a sundae in the Winter. But, guess what............ So am I.:rotfl: We're going in January and I will be getting that peanut butter one also. :banana:

:lmao: We just couldn't watch Stacy show us the must-dos any more!!!! :lmao:

Hilarious!!!! Is Stacy the host of the WDW vacation channel? >>Honestly, that's ALL I watch when I'm on vacation anywhere!!!:lmao: Whatever the vacation channel is!!!:rotfl2: Or the LOCAL NEWS!!!! IDK why. I just like to feel 100% out of the ordinary.:goodvibes

After our afternoon at DTD we made our way to Epcot. We did a few rides and then headed to The Land for our dinner reservation at Garden Grill.

P1030899.jpg

I was really hoping for a seat on the outer part of the lower level, but most of those tables seemed like they were for larger parties, so I didn't get my hopes up. Well, you can imagine how thrilled I was when they took us to our table.

P1030878.jpg

Cool! We were at a smaller table that was right next to a bigger table for a large party, but no one was seated there until most of the way through our meal, so we got a lot of privacy in the beginning.

The character interaction here was fabulous! Each character came around twice while we were there and they were really great with DH & I, even though it was just us two big kids and no little kids. Here are a few pictures with the characters from our meal.

P1030886.jpg

P1030884.jpg

P1030883.jpg

P1030882.jpg

P1030879.jpg

So much fun! Okay, now for the food.

We waited a looooong time for our waiter to come take our drink order. It was a loooooong time in between everything. Our waiter was very nice and very apologetic about it though, so it was fine. No big deal. We were distracted by the characters and the scenery most of the time.

We started out with nice warm rolls and maple butter.

P1030881.jpg

Very tasty! I liked the sweetness of the maple with the butter. Yummy!

We also had the Harvest-Inspired Farmer's Salad.

P1030880.jpg

Oh my gosh this was good! I love hard boiled egg in my salad and the tomatoes were perfect! The dressing was great too! It had a little bit of a kick to it. Our waiter said that they put paprika in the dressing and that's what gives it the kick. We ate all of this!

Then they brought out our plate of entrees. Filet of beef with red wine butter, turkey breast with gravy and mashed potatoes and cranberry-orange relish, and fish with tomato and fennel chutney served over rice.

P1030888.jpg

P1030891.jpg

P1030890.jpg

P1030889.jpg

:lovestruc We loved everything! DH even ate a lot of the fish :scared1: He NEVER eats fish, so I was very proud of him for trying something new and liking it. The turkey was a lot more quality than I thought it would be and the gravy and cranberry-orange relish both went great with it. The fish was very tender and moist and I loved it with the rice. I wasn't crazy about the red wine butter of the filet, but DH loved it so he got the top pieces that were covered in it and I got the bottom pieces that didn't really have any on it. That worked out perfectly :goodvibes

We still had some room so we got another plate of turkey and filet.

P1030895.jpg

We ate all of this too! Phew, can we eat!

Our waiter then brought out our dessert. Freshly Baked Harvest Fruit Crisp with hand-whipped Vanilla Bean Cream. Not sure what the fruit was. Peach maybe :confused3

P1030893.jpg

P1030897.jpg

I think what DH said sums this up perfectly. He said, "I would never have ordered this if given a choice, but I'm so glad we had it because it was delicious." Exactly! This had so much flavor and the fruit was sweet and not bitter and the vanilla bean cream was even better than ice cream because it didn't turn into a melted mess after sitting onto of the hot crisp. It stayed pretty solid while we took our time eating it.

Our waiter also brought out a special thank you for being so patient with him. (Yes he really was that slow, because we didn't even say anything about it, but he was very aware)

P1030896.jpg

Cookies and cream mousse! This was awesome! I liked this better than the fruit crisp! :rotfl: I gave DH a bite and ate the rest myself.

We will definitely be returning to Garden Grill! The food was terrific, the characters were great and even though service was slow our waiter was super friendly and thoughtful.

Epcot had EMH evening hours this day, but we were so full that we didn't even feel like riding Spaceship Earth on our way out. We headed right back to the hotel and fell asleep with full and happy bellies :goodvibes

Up next... Our last full day of Disney food :sad1:

We tried GG for the first time this trip and LOVED it! We were so pleasantly surprised. Hard to say if it will become a must do because of all the great EPCOT restaurants but you never know!

The ice cream looks awesome.... your reviews really make me hungry!

I'm making myself hungry! :lmao: That ice cream was awesome! I could go for some right now!

You can't go wrong with peanut butter :thumbsup2

It's funny that you're looking forward to a sundae in the Winter. But, guess what............ So am I.:rotfl: We're going in January and I will be getting that peanut butter one also. :banana:

:laughing: It's never too cold for a sundae! They have a peanut butter sundae at Beaches & Cream too. I must try it next trip!

Hilarious!!!! Is Stacy the host of the WDW vacation channel? >>Honestly, that's ALL I watch when I'm on vacation anywhere!!!:lmao: Whatever the vacation channel is!!!:rotfl2: Or the LOCAL NEWS!!!! IDK why. I just like to feel 100% out of the ordinary.:goodvibes

That's usually what ends up on our tv during vacation as well. I'm so excited to see Stacy when we first get there and turn on the tv. It's like, "Yay! Stacy!" But, by the end of the trip it more like, "Ugh. Stacy." We're just bitter that we have to leave WDW, but stupid Stacy always gets to stay. :lmao:

We tried GG for the first time this trip and LOVED it! We were so pleasantly surprised. Hard to say if it will become a must do because of all the great EPCOT restaurants but you never know!

I know! There really are so many great places to eat there! We usually do Coral Reef, but skipped it this year in favor of something new and I'm so glad we did, but now it's gonna be tough to decide between all these different places on our next trip. They need to move at least 3 Epcot restaurants to other parks, so I can actually visit some other parks. :laughing:

Garden Grill looked amazing!!! I've never considered it before!

It really was amazing! You should definitely keep it in mind for your next trip :thumbsup2

Was that Ghiradelli chocolate sundae as huge as it looked? o_O

The Garden Grill meal looked delicious!

Loved the GG pictures! We're going there this trip & it is a first for me. Everything looks SOOOO good. You did get my stomach talking with that cookies & cream picture. Yummy!

Thanks for the Garden Grill review! I have never really thought about making a reservation there but now its on my list!

That's usually what ends up on our tv during vacation as well. I'm so excited to see Stacy when we first get there and turn on the tv. It's like, "Yay! Stacy!" But, by the end of the trip it more like, "Ugh. Stacy." We're just bitter that we have to leave WDW, but stupid Stacy always gets to stay. :lmao:

:lmao: LOL!!!! So in between getting ready for work I checked back here & saw the GG review!!! Now... I'm gonna be late!!! :rolleyes1 I am sooo happy you guys went & loved it! We are going too, for the 1st time! This was hard for us since we are going during f&w fest & just cause it's Epcot. We have a baby[who LOVES Mickey] we knew we'd be trying GG this trip. It's just awesome to see an adult couple enjoy the food so much! Thanks! >So excited!!!:woohoo:

Those sundaes look amazing. I've never had a sundae with peanut butter in it. Does it taste totally like peanuts or do you still get the flavors of the ice cream and fudge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter