10 Days of Dining......With DDP & Without..... (Just finished Day 7)

Tink10

Always Lurking
We're back from a total of 2 weeks in Florida, having spent 10 days at WDW......I hope I can remember everything.....

Day 1.

Germany Cart - 2 Pretzles (YUM!! These are so good, but our first 2 weren't fresh at all)

Mexico Margarita Cart - 1 Fiesta Margarita & 1 Strawberry Mango Margarita (A great way to start off a trip....Ole!)

Tambu Lounge - 2 Back Scratchers (What More do I Need To Say?)

Dinner Grand Floridian Cafe - The restaurant was beautiful & I had preordered Cinderella's Slipper for my DD.

Me - French Onion Soup (Very Good!)
Prime Rib (Med Rare) (WONDERFUL!!)
Mini Key Lime Pie (Good) - Mini Lemon Cheesecake (Excellent) - Mini Chocolate Hazlenut Moose Cake (Bland) - We split the Fondue (Very Yummy)

DH - Crab Cakes (WONDERFUL!!)
Pan Roasted Salmon (Good)
Fondue (Very Yummy)

DD (14) - Caesar Salad (Fine)
Chicken Strips (Good)
Cinderella's Slipper (Amazingly Cool!)

All of the food was good, but the Prime Rib & Crab Cakes were the best of the meal. The Cinderella's slipper was a wonderful end to a first dinner & my DD was embarrassed, but loved it.

Day 2

Breakfast Boardwalk Bakery - We eat just about every breakfast during every trip here. It's quick & easy.

Me - Cherry Danish (Fine)

DH - Cheese Danish (Also Fine)

DD - Glazed Doughnut (Very Small)

IMHO, the breakfast pastries have gone way down hill here. They no longer have the Bowtie Twists that we used to love gobbling down before a day in the parks.

Lunch - 50's Prime Time Cafe

Me - Fried Herb Cheese (This is the one thing that keeps me coming back to 50's PT)
Char-Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Very Good)

DH - Shared Herb Cheese
Old-Fashioned Pot Roast (Pretty Good)
Shared Smores with DD (Good)

DD - Fried Herb Cheese
Caesar Salad with Chicken (Fine)
Smores (Much smaller than we remembered - Good)

Snack - Boulangerie Patisserie (France)

Me - Creme Brulee (YUM!)

DD - Not Hungry

DH - Creme Brulee (YUM! again)

Snack - Italy Kiosk

Me & DH - 2 Bellini's (We Love Bellini)

Dinner - Electric Umbrella - Epcot counter service restaurants are a bit of a tradition for us.....We Like em!

Me - Cheeseburger & Fries (always pretty good)

DH - Whole Wheat Turkey Wrap (Not Good)

DD - Chicken Strips (Always good)

Day 3

We had another breakfast the the BW Bakery. It was pretty much the same as before.

Snack - Sunshine Seasons - This was our first time to try bits & pieces of the menu here since it changed a couple of years ago.

Me - Rotisserie Beef Flatbread (Bad....I wouldn't eat this again even if it were free)
Soarin Creme Brulee (I was surprised at just how good orange creme brulee was!)

Snack - Backlot Express

Me - Cheeseburger & Fries (Good....we went in here just to get a drink, but I ended up having a burger just in case our dinner at Hollywood & Vine was as bad as it had been on prior visits)

Dinner - Hollywood & Vine (We loved this place on our first visit, but both the service & food have gotten progressively worse over the years)

Me - Meatballs, mashed potatoes, flank steak, salad, some sort of chicken, some sort of pasta salad, misc. desserts.

DH - My DH really doesn't remember anything he ate except for salad.

DD - Nothing memorable except for Ice cream & desserts (she was VERY upset because they got rid of all the ice cream toppings)

Well, I hoped for the best for this dinner, but again, we were totally let down. The food was bad. The flank steak was inedible, but the meatballs on the "kid's buffet" were decent. The service was even worse than the food & we were appalled that we were charged an 18% service charge on a pitcher of beer. They used to have a great Ice Cream Bar, but they took away all of the fun toppings & the only things that are left to top the ice cream are chocolate sauce & strawberry sauce...NO HOT FUDGE! We definately will not be returning)

Snack - Boardwalk Bakery Key Lime Tart (It was fine)

I'll be back soon with more........Feel free to ask any questions :sunny:

Thanks for the reviews. Do you know if the margheritas at the Mexico stand are made with fresh fruit or a mix? I LOVE a fresh fruit margharita. :)

Looking forward to more reviews.

Beth :wave2:

Enjoying reading your reviews ~ Looking forward to more.

My husband and I are very disappointed at the selection lately at the Boardwalk bakery. It's really gone down hill. I also miss the bow tie doughnut. We also miss the Cinnamon Yummy.

Thanks for the review! Just a question...what made you book Hollywood and Vine if you expected it to be bad...or where you just hoping it got better! :goodvibes

I didn't think there was very much of a selection for breakfast at the Boardwalk bakery in December either. I wish the Boardwalk would do something like the Beachclub Marketplace.

When we went to H&V in November, we saw a guy pour two full bowls of M&Ms into one of his shopping bags. Guess that's why they stopped serving all those ice cream toppings!

tinkerbeth said:
Thanks for the reviews. Do you know if the margheritas at the Mexico stand are made with fresh fruit or a mix? I LOVE a fresh fruit margharita. :)

Looking forward to more reviews.

Beth :wave2:

If there is real fruit in them, it's not much....There are definately little strawberry seeds in the strawberry margarita though :drinking1

NMW said:
Thanks for the review! Just a question...what made you book Hollywood and Vine if you expected it to be bad...or where you just hoping it got better!

I would have actually preferred to not go, but my DD has a special place in her heart for it. We really do keep hoping that it'll get better, but after this time....We're done....Nada....No More......Lesson Learned.

The rest of our days will be added soon! :sunny:

Great reviews so far, sorry to hear Hollywood & Vine has slipped so much. We enjoyed our previous visits, but haven't been since probably about 2003. Looking forward to reading more! :mickeybar

Day 4

I realized that in my first batch of reviews that I left out a good number of beverages, so if any of you would like info on what we drank, feel free to ask......

Yet again, we started off with another BW Bakery Breakfast......Nothing different there.

Snack - Somerfest in Germany

Me - Pretzel & Franziskanner Weisse (Both wonderful!)

DH - Same

DD - Pretzel

Lunch - Le Chefs De France - This was our first meal here.

We all had the "French Menu", which consisted of French Onion Soup, a Toasted Ham & Cheese Sandwich & Creme Brulee.

The French Onion Soup was very good, very hot & so full of gooey Gruyere cheese. Not quite the perfect food to eat when it's 95 degrees out, but it was very good.

The Ham & Cheese sandwich was tasty, but we all found the bread to be a bit too hard & the cheese a bit too runny.

The Creme Brulee was wonderful!! It was a classic creme brulee & on the bottom was a light berry jelly like substance that really did hit the spot......YUM!

Dinner - ESPN - We always visit ESPN & we have always found it to be good.

Me - Nachos (they were fine.....Not enough cheese IMHO)
Upper Deck Hot Roast Beef and Cheese (This was surprisingly good, but it really could have used some au jus on the side)

DH - Shared Nachos
Tailgate Pulled Pork Sandwich (Hubby LOVED this!! It was very big & even though I didn't try it, it left me with a hankering for BBQ)

DD - Home Run Hot Dog (Wow! This was one big hot dog! My DD didn't even come vlose to finishing it, but said it was good)

I'll be back with Day 5 soon! :sunny:

Our 5th day was the first day that our DD wasn't with us. DH & I were on the DVC DDP and really did find it nice & east to use......Until our last day.

We arrived back at the BWV at about 11:00am after taking our DD to my DM's house.

Lunch - Biergarten - I've eaten here once before, but this was my DH's first time. The atmosphere is wonderful!!

Me - Chicken Schnitzel, TONS of Pretzel Bread, Roasted Pork, Salad, Spaetzle, Tomato Salad, Apple Strudel w/Vanilla Sauce, Bavarian Cheesecake

DH - He literally ate a little of everything!

The food & service here were wonderful! I'm a little picky about German food but everything I tried was good & satisfying. My Hubby loved it too! We both fell in love with the Bavarian Cheesecake because it was so light & refreshing after such a heavy meal. We'll definately be going back!

We ended up skipping Dinner because we were so full from Biergarten & the myriad of "adult" beverages that we consumed throughout Epcot.

Late Snack - BWV In Room Dining - At the end of the night (after leaving Jellyrolls), we attempted to get a pizza at the BW Pizza Window & were told that there would be at least an hour wait for a pizza. We decided to order room service instead.

Me & DH - Cheese Pizza, Kids Hot Dog, Brownies (in the condition that we were in, anything would have tasted good) ;)

Day 6

Breakfast - Both DH & I were definately feeling the effectes of our "Drink Around The World" & trip to Jellyrolls from Day 5, so what little breakfast we consumed was cold pizza from the night before and some Kettle Corn that we received in a gift basket that we had ordered for the room.... popcorn::

Lunch - Electric Umbrella (again)

Me - Cheeseburger & Fries, Chicken Strips & Strawberry Cheesecake (Yum, Yum & Yum!)

DH - Bacon Double Cheeseburger & Fries & Tollhouse Cookie (my DH said that the meat to bun ratio was too high, it also needed more cheese.....He preferred the single cheeseburger)

Dinner - Yachtsman's Steakhouse - We went here for my Birthday Dinner and all I can say is "WOW"......What a great place! Excellent food, almost incredible service and desserts to die for. We had a beautiful table for 3 that overlooked Stormalong Bay. I did ask about adding lobster & was told that they have completely removed lobster from the menu alltogether. :guilty:

Me - Caesar Salad, Chateaubriand for Two, Dessert Sampler Platter for Two & a Birthday Cake that my DH ordered.

DH - Tomato Salad, Chateaubriand for Two, Dessert Sampler Platter for Two & Cake

My salad was wonderful! I love Caesar salads that are made with whole romaine hearts. The dressing was good & the croutons were very crisp. My hubby's tomato salad was out of this world! He shared with me, but I could have easily devoured the whole thing. The Chateaubriand was amazing as well. They did offer to cook it at 2 temperatures, but we both prefer medium rare (I converted my DH from a "well done" person) It really did melt in our mouths & it was great to see the look of sheer heaven on my DH's face as he ate. It was served with a boat load of sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatoes that were very good.

After dinner, our waiter came out with a chocolate birthday cake (candles lit), a long stemmed red rose & a birthday card signed by Mickey & Friends. It was very sweet & a bit embarassing.

We both opted to have desserts from the menu & not the cake....The dessert sampler included creme brulee, key lime pie & Jack Daniels chocolate mousse cake. All three were wonderful!! I also had a glass of Ice Wine with dessert & it too was fabulous!

Day 7

Lunch - Pecos Bill's - Like most other counter service locations, the wait was long & people were restless waiting for their food......Listening to the complaints of guests is a favorite activity for our family. I always feel terrible for the CM's working & think that people really do need to be more patient & understanding.....We were so happy to see that Pecos Bill's is still offering the hot cheese sause on the Topping Bar.

Me - Chicken Wrap & Fries, Applesauce for dessert

DH - Cheeseburger & Fries, Applesauce for dessert

The Chicken Wrap was so good. It was fresh & cold with nice sized chunks of chicken. Hubby's burger was good too. We really didn't want the Peanut Butter Brownie Mousse as our DDP dessert (yuck), but the cashier insisted that we get a dessert, so she offered applesauce.

Dinner - Restaurant Marrakesh - Marrakesh is another place that I've always wanted to try, but have been a bit hesitant to because of bad reviews. Once we were seated, I did notice just how beautiful the architecture was, but I almost felt like I was in a large cafeteria.

Me - Combination Appetizer for Two, Chicken Kebabs, Marrakesh Delight.

DH - Combination Appetizer for Two, Shish Kebab, Crepes Atlas.

We both LOVED the appetizers!! The Jasmina Salad was light & refreshing, but had a bit too much vinager. The Beef Brewat Rolls & Chicken Bastilla were both out of this world & we wish we had both ordered a few of the appetizer combos & not dinner.

We ended up splitting the Kebabs so we each had one beef & 1 chicken. They were fine, but really nothing to write home about. Both were served with a lightly flavored rice that was o.k.

Dessert was a disaster......I had the Marrakesh Delight, which was a small pile of cut fruit topped with mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was bad....I do like mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it was not what I expected. When I ordered, I envisioned a more upscale mint ice cream, similar to the ginger ice cream in China.....Once again, it was bad.

My DH had the Crepes Atlas which was a runny apple pie filling in a crepe with vanilla ice cream & sliced almonds on top. It was also very unoriginal & bad. Both of us thought the desserts were on par with what a Kindergarden class would make on "Morocco Day".

Day 8 will be here soon! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter