1/6 *Today's the Day and Dreamin tomorrow!* Buy 1 get 2 free isn't bad! Jan 2013 PTR

What the heck year did that guy pay $1000 a day?? When my kids were young (early 80's) I took 2 adults and 3 kids for 6 nights: total cost including food and passes, stayed at CR or Poly: $1200!! It was one of the least expensive vacation options until about 1990. We paid $79 inc tx a night for the Polynesian our first few years... $79 at CR for Garden Wing and $99 for a tower room (did not have to pay extra for the so-called MK view...which we've always considered a glorified parking lot view because truth be told, the MK is beyond the huge CR parking lot).

When CBR opened in '88, Poly was $175 or $195 a night, so it was time for a change. CBR was brand new, $79 a ngt and we absolutely LOVED! It was the next best thing to the Poly...when we walked through the doors to Old Port Royale we could have been on a Caribbean Island. Sand in your toes... Bob Marley music playing throughout the resort...it was magical. A bit of a pain not to have the Lobby handy, but how often does a guest actually need to go to the lobby after check-in? We stayed 5 times in a row... Did you book a std room? Any location requests?:)

CBR still has one of the prettiest entrances of any Disney resort. ::yes:: It is very close to EPCOT and MGM...and it still feels like a vacation within a vacation. I will never understand why Disney thought Aussie Nemo would be a good theme for the 2006 refurb...they took out all the beautiful Caribbean flowers for sort of kinda Nemo. Strange. :confused3

Oh and do be cautious! CBR has one of the highest rates of confirmed bedbug reports. :eek: It also has snakes in the bushes so be careful!

Sorry to digress....

Plans look great!

Garden Grill - ask at check in for a lower level seat. You get a better sense of the theme in those big booths...the lighting is softer and you get a better feeling of the rotation. We've three good experiences there.

Dessert Party is fun and watching Wishes without having to hold a spot for an hour is fabulous!

We're also waiting to make an ADR at Be Our Guest - and don't forget that in the daytime it will be CS, so might be worth trying that too!

Love SciFi, especially with kids!

CRT - Have not done this since the change, but Rosie wants to do it for our Grannie trip (we'll be celebrating our 65th's a yr late!).

'Ohana breakfast is one of my all time favorites! Honestly did not expect to like it much, but it's now on my to do list every visit!

Minnie&Nana said:
What the heck year did that guy pay $1000 a day?? When my kids were young (early 80's) I took 2 adults and 3 kids for 6 nights: total cost including food and passes, stayed at CR or Poly: $1200!! It was one of the least expensive vacation options until about 1990. We paid $79 inc tx a night for the Polynesian our first few years... $79 at CR for Garden Wing and $99 for a tower room (did not have to pay extra for the so-called MK view...which we've always considered a glorified parking lot view because truth be told, the MK is beyond the huge CR parking lot).
I'm sure he was exaggerating a bit but if he was figuring in rooms, tickets, meals, rental car, souvenirs and depending on the size of family I'm sure you could spend a lot if you weren't on a budget.

Minnie&Nana said:
When CBR opened in '88, Poly was $175 or $195 a night, so it was time for a change. CBR was brand new, $79 a ngt and we absolutely LOVED! It was the next best thing to the Poly...when we walked through the doors to Old Port Royale we could have been on a Caribbean Island. Sand in your toes... Bob Marley music playing throughout the resort...it was magical. A bit of a pain not to have the Lobby handy, but how often does a guest actually need to go to the lobby after check-in? We stayed 5 times in a row... Did you book a std room? Any location requests?:)

CBR still has one of the prettiest entrances of any Disney resort. ::yes:: It is very close to EPCOT and MGM...and it still feels like a vacation within a vacation. I will never understand why Disney thought Aussie Nemo would be a good theme for the 2006 refurb...they took out all the beautiful Caribbean flowers for sort of kinda Nemo. Strange. :confused3

Oh and do be cautious! CBR has one of the highest rates of confirmed bedbug reports. :eek: It also has snakes in the bushes so be careful!

Sorry to digress....
I didn't book preferred rooms but I think I'm gonna upgrade because I've read some rooms can be quite far away and I know a request is never guaranteed.

I thought about that Nemo is Australian is technically dosent fit the theme.

I will check the bedbug reports before we go! Ewwwww!!! And I HATE snakes!!!

Minnie&Nana said:
Plans look great!

Garden Grill - ask at check in for a lower level seat. You get a better sense of the theme in those big booths...the lighting is softer and you get a better feeling of the rotation. We've three good experiences there.

Dessert Party is fun and watching Wishes without having to hold a spot for an hour is fabulous!

We're also waiting to make an ADR at Be Our Guest - and don't forget that in the daytime it will be CS, so might be worth trying that too!

Love SciFi, especially with kids!

CRT - Have not done this since the change, but Rosie wants to do it for our Grannie trip (we'll be celebrating our 65th's a yr late!).

'Ohana breakfast is one of my all time favorites! Honestly did not expect to like it much, but it's now on my to do list every visit!

Do you know if the lower level of garden grill has tables for 6?

I didn't book preferred rooms but I think I'm gonna upgrade because I've read some rooms can be quite far away and I know a request is never guaranteed.

If you do, request a corner room in Martinique! If you decide not to upgrade, I can recommend a bldg number in Martinque that would be fine for non-preferred.:thumbsup2

I thought about that Nemo is Australian is technically dosent fit the theme.

I will check the bedbug reports before we go! Ewwwww!!! And I HATE snakes!!!

Forget checking the reports - just check the room VERY carefully!! Since not everyone knows about the bedbug registry, most incidents go unreported. ::yes::

Did you read the DIS report of the child who was bitten when picking up a toy he dropped? VERY serious - he was in the hospital in Orlando for several days. It is quite a report - she does not blame Disney, just letting other DISers know to be careful. I've never seen a snake in the 30 years of maybe 50 Disney Resort stays of all levels, but have read many sightings by DISers. I always request an upper floor, just to be safe. Also, we've seen rats strolling around at night at the Poly, CBR and POP - I am sure they can be found at any resort...no first floor for us!!:sad2:

She posted again 2010 by request: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2465052&highlight=snake+bite

Orginal Post: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2277822

Do you know if the lower level of garden grill has tables for 6?

Pretty sure those booths do hold 6 - they are large booths. Smaller groups are often put upstairs - we were 3 last time, so no booth for us. We always got a booth when there was 5 of us though.:thumbsup2

Dan Christine is the Bed Bug Guru!!! She will prolly have me wrapped in Saran wrap on our Granny Trip:rotfl2: I have experienced a Bed Bug infestation at work and believe me I check !!More and more hotels seem to have the enclosed mattress covers that Exterminators recommended . Pack somr off and spray suitcases and yourselves before entering the rooms and check mattresses and headboards and you should be fine . As for snakes :sad::sad::sad::scared::scared::scared::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Dan Christine is the Bed Bug Guru!!! She will prolly have me wrapped in Saran wrap on our Granny Trip:rotfl2: I have experienced a Bed Bug infestation at work and believe me I check !!More and more hotels seem to have the enclosed mattress covers that Exterminators recommended . Pack somr off and spray suitcases and yourselves before entering the rooms and check mattresses and headboards and you should be fine . As for snakes :sad::sad::sad::scared::scared::scared::sad2::sad2::sad2:

I can't stand the smell of OFF (& the chemicals used are scary!). It doesn't kill the darn things, but it is supposed to keep them "Off" . Rosie is the expert on the use of OFF!. We now pack clothing in ziploc bags (bedbugs cannot crawl or adhere to plastic...or so I've read from the experts). We also buy the XXX lg plastic ziploc bags to keep our luggage in the room, on a rack (never the floor or bed!! :eek:). ::yes::

While the mattress covers offer some protection, the things can live in the headboards, any kind of wood etc. I am just so paranoid of bringing them home. It can be a huge pain to rid a home and very costly.:sad2:

I cannot figure out why Disney hasn't started using the box spring and mattress covers yet! The Residence Inn we stayed at had both and it did make me feel somewhat better. Last WL stay, I swear I couldn't sleep for the first 3 ngts (only there for 4 ngts! lol).... My friend Janet slept like a baby - no worries at all!:confused3

Joining in Dan. Looks like another good place to pick on Sam........uh Rosie............uh Ms. Pole Dancing Lap Dancer Extraordinaire!!!! :thumbsup2

You have such cute kids! I know you will enjoy a trip to Disney with them and sharing their excitement!!! :cheer2:

Would you say I am every but as cute in person too? :D

I don't know about how cute your but is, but I can vouch you are every BIT as cute, especially when you are standing in DHS being threatened by a spoon and wondering what the heck is going on........... :lmao:

Joining in Dan. Looks like another good place to pick on Sam........uh Rosie............uh Ms. Pole Dancing Lap Dancer Extraordinaire!!!! :thumbsup2

You have such cute kids! I know you will enjoy a trip to Disney with them and sharing their excitement!!! :cheer2:

I don't know about how cute your but is, but I can vouch you are every BIT as cute, especially when you are standing in DHS being threatened by a spoon and wondering what the heck is going on........... :lmao:

Now I have both of you over here too:rotfl2:I do not know either how cute Dan/s BUTT is !!!:lmao::lmao:

englishrose47 said:
Now I have both of you over here too:rotfl2:I do not know either how cute Dan/s BUTT is !!!:lmao::lmao:

Oh that is a BIT of a typo! The U and I letters on my iPhone are close together lol well stay away from my bit with your spoon! You saw what Marv and I got packing in our arsenal so watch out!

Made it over here Dan.

Even though it is not free, this trip will be special since the kids will be with you. :goodvibes

Plans look good. :thumbsup2

Well for those who don't know (but all my followers at this point I think you do) I will be leaving tomorrow morning on another People and Places trip with EnglishRose47 to Cape Cod! I will post some pics next week of our whale watch and other adventures which probably involve someone dancing on poles and wodden spoons... well just dancing on the poles probably but who knows! :wave2:

Hello all! I'm off to Erie for the night with Cathleen :) when I'm back I'll try to post some pics and some for Cape Cod too.

On a Disney note, I made our ADR for Be Our Guest restaurant for saturday of our trip! So excited for this one! If anyone didn't know they are booking now for their opening on Nov 20 I believe.

Hello all! I'm off to Erie for the night with Cathleen :) when I'm back I'll try to post some pics and some for Cape Cod too.

On a Disney note, I made our ADR for Be Our Guest restaurant for saturday of our trip! So excited for this one! If anyone didn't know they are booking now for their opening on Nov 20 I believe.

Have fun in Erie!:goodvibes

We booked BOG for January 10th - although, now that I've looked at the menu it doesn't appear there is a single thing I would eat! Think I'll go over to CHH while my friends enjoy BOG.:thumbsup2

Minnie&Nana said:
Have fun in Erie!:goodvibes

We booked BOG for January 10th - although, now that I've looked at the menu it doesn't appear there is a single thing I would eat! Think I'll go over to CHH while my friends enjoy BOG.:thumbsup2

We're booked for the 12th! On the 10th we will be at Epcot

We're booked for the 12th! On the 10th we will be at Epcot

It didn't even hit me that you'll be there then! We ( a few DISers from the Resort Changers thread) will be there the 9th to the 13th...although I am considering adding on the ngt of the 13th at POP because the flights are better coming home on Monday.

Of course, that means paying for an extra resort night...changing resorts and not even having a tkt for the extra day and probably being alone that one ngt...but I'd rather spend the money on Disney for a ngt than give it to the airline! ::yes::

I have a feeling you will be eating at Shak n'Steak !!!!:yay: I have to check out a menu for BOG!!!:dance3:

It didn't even hit me that you'll be there then! We ( a few DISers from the Resort Changers thread) will be there the 9th to the 13th...although I am considering adding on the ngt of the 13th at POP because the flights are better coming home on Monday.

Of course, that means paying for an extra resort night...changing resorts and not even having a tkt for the extra day and probably being alone that one ngt...but I'd rather spend the money on Disney for a ngt than give it to the airline! ::yes::

I smell a MEET!!! Cathleen needs to meet the Crazy Dissers !! Oh That's right she already knows Dan and me !!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter