1/6 *Today's the Day and Dreamin tomorrow!* Buy 1 get 2 free isn't bad! Jan 2013 PTR

thanksgiving-mickey.jpg

Okay, so happy turkey day to everyone, for anyone that is still interested I finally will be making so updates!

So I booked our airfare but instead of flying out of Buffalo we will be flying right out of Niagara Falls, we have a very small airport here and I never even knew they flew to Orlando until a friend told me. I didn't even know there was another airport in the Orlando area. Out of NF Allgiant Air flys into Orlando-Sanford for almost half the price of anyflights I could find. I'm suprised with all the time I've ever spent researching over the years I never realized this could be an option. The only downfall is if we were going right to WDW there would be no Magical Express but since we are doing the cruise first it's not an issue. We will be flying out at 5:30pm on Jan 5th and landing at 8:05pm, we are getting a rental car at the airport and staying the night at the SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs for only $76 for the night! We stayed at a Mariott Springhill in West Virginia on our last People and Places trip and they are really nice and the FREE buffet breakfast is good :thumbsup2 There is also an indoor pool so the kids may want to take a swim before bed, and there is a hot tub in the pool area too for the adults;) We will get a good nights rest and then head to the port in the morning.

tinkerbell2q3.gif

Happy Thanksgiving , even though I alreay wished you one this morning !! I knew you were checking out the flights from the Falls , glad they worked out !! The airport is like a 10 minute drive tops , which makes it awesome for us !!!

BIG update!!! When we go in January to Disney Cathleen and I will be able to wear ENGAGED buttons! :teeth: Yes I proposed on Thanksgiving day and she siad YES of course:cool2: Her and her mother are already in full force wedding planning mode, looks like a Halloween 2015 date is it, my god I cannot believe they are alreading looking at ceremony and reception venues online and planned the wedding party! And she was quick to say NO Disney world honeymoon!:headache: :rotfl2: But she said a Disney Alaskian cruise could be a possibility:earsboy: Okay TTFN!

BIG update!!! When we go in January to Disney Cathleen and I will be able to wear ENGAGED buttons! :teeth: Yes I proposed on Thanksgiving day and she siad YES of course:cool2: Her and her mother are already in full force wedding planning mode, looks like a Halloween 2015 date is it, my god I cannot believe they are alreading looking at ceremony and reception venues online and planned the wedding party! And she was quick to say NO Disney world honeymoon!:headache: :rotfl2: But she said a Disney Alaskian cruise could be a possibility:earsboy: Okay TTFN!

Congratulations Dan! I am so happy for the two of you! :woohoo:

And tell Cathleen I won't stalk the wedding..............

unless I don't get an invite!!! :rotfl:

CONGRATS DAN and CATHLEEN !!!!!:banana: :banana:

I've been foolowing Rosie's thread for awhile and had to see what all the hubbub was about over here.

Congratulations on your engagement!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Cathleen spilled the beans to me this morning !! I was waiting for Dan to announce it !! I am thinking no Disney Honeymoon:eek:and then I read an Alaskan Disney Cruise !!:dance3::dance3:
Dan I am pretty sure Cynthia did that cruise lastyear or was it this year , anywho I know it was Alaska and I think it was Disney !!!So you will have to ask her for info on it :thumbsup2

Disney posted the list of movies that will be playing on our cruise:
Muppets
Avengers
Brave (2d/3d)
Odd Life of Timothy Green
People Like us
Frankenweinie
Wreck It Ralph
Lincoln
Monsters Inc University

Excited about Monsters Inc U, we won't have to pay to see that one in the theater now! The kids LOVED Wreck It Ralph so they may want to check that one out again, I really LOVED it too! If you haven't see it go check it out
571985909x50.jpg

Disney posted the list of movies that will be playing on our cruise:
Muppets
Avengers
Brave (2d/3d)
Odd Life of Timothy Green
People Like us
Frankenweinie
Wreck It Ralph
Lincoln
Monsters Inc University

Excited about Monsters Inc U, we won't have to pay to see that one in the theater now! The kids LOVED Wreck It Ralph so they may want to check that one out again, I really LOVED it too! If you haven't see it go check it out
571985909x50.jpg

Of course I have seen none of them so I have amission for you Dan later on you can find out which movies CarolE and I will see in May !!!

January 6, 2013, finally will be the BIG day!!! We will wake up and after breakfast at the hotel we will hit the road to Cape Canaveral for about an hour drive:drive:, probably the longest hour of our lives anticipating getting to the ship. Our check in time is between 12:30-1:00p and the ship departs at 3:45 p.m. Now depending on what time we actually board will depend on whats next. They say staterooms are ready about 1:30, and we can go get settled into our deluxe oceanview stateroom with veranda:
img58.jpg

Either before or after we see our room we will be nice and hungry for lunch, well I'm always nice and hungry but we will be more than ready for our first meal aboard the Disney Dream::yes:: I would like to hit the buffet at Cabanas. I'm really looking for ward to the food on the ship, I was just talking to Cathleen last night and I mentioned something about being able to try more than one entree at dinner and she said "you can eat as much as you want and it's all free?!" Well definitely not free I shoveled out plenty of cash to pay for this cruise but yeah all you care to enjoy!:hyper: It's probably a good idea we are doing WDW after the cruise because I will really need to walk off some calories. Rosie has already requested lots of food pics and Cathleen just rolls her eyes at the thought of me taking pictures of all our food:rolleyes2 So maybe not every plate but I will be sure to get some good food shots.

At 4:00 there is a mandatory lifeboat drill and then when that is over there is the Sailing Away Party and the ship actually sets sail at 5:00pm. We have first seating for dinner so we will be eating at 5:45. I don't know if we will do the live shows everynight although we don't want to miss the show on the Dream called Villains Tonight! it's "a comedic revue-style live show starring the best of the worst Disney villains" sounds really fun. If we don't see a show the first night we may want to just relax and explore the ship, the kids might want to try out the kids clubs, the adults my want to grab a drink at one of the lounges... we shall see can't wait!!!

So Monday will be our day in Nassau, extended weather forecast is showing a high of 78 degrees! :beach: It's 30 here today, burrrrrrrr... We don't have any shore excursions planned, Cathleen says she wants to do a Dolphin meet but I know it's a bit pricy. I am most interested in checking out the straw market and do some bargaining on souvenirs. Not sure what else. While in port I know it's the best time to do stuff on the boat cause it's less crowded. Can't wait to try out the AquaDuck slide! Is it weird I don't really care too much about getting off the boat? I paid all this money to be on this cruise and I don't wanna pay more on shore excursions. I wanna lay by the pool or beach with a piña colada and enjoy the sun :beach: while thinking that it may be snowing back home and I'm not there. Oh, that's right and I failed to mention what I will NOT be doing! My one college class I took this Fall is a two part course, the second half is in the Spring semester. All the same students that were in the Fall semester with be in the Spring half and he told us we should have the first 5 chapters of the book for the class read over break:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I have two words for him (pardon my French) Effin Hilarious! I don't even have the book yet, I am ordering it on Amazon most likely and probably wont get it until after school starts. He even said in class unknowing that I'm going on a cruise, "Make sure you do the reading while on break, I know some of you may be going home for Christmas or on vacation but you will have to bring the book with you to the Beach in the Bahamas." LMAO :rotfl2: NOT HAPPENING, I read maybe one chapter of the book this past semester and go an A in the class::yes::
The kids are getting super excited too, we have been watching youtube videos of the kids clubs and cruise stuff.

dream-watercoaster.jpg

Great Updates Dan!!Tell Cathleen she needs to take LOTS of Food Pix for me too!!:rotfl2:Karin (dizneat) can fill you in on Nassau she has been a LOT of times . She knows where to get Good Rum Cake and Rum and has lots of tips!!

One week from today is our cruise! Yesterday I got new luggage and officially started packing.

Well back to the PTR, I will fast track a bit... Day 3 is our Castaway Cay day and Day 4 we will be at sea and day 5 on Thursday we will return to port and head off to WDW. The disembark the boat pretty early so if all goes as planned we will make it to the Caribbean Beach, get checked in and be ready to head off to Epcot by lunch time. I really want to try and not rush to and through the parks, I always want to do and see everything that sometimes I forget to enjoy myself so I am determined to make my self slow down... but try to stick to my schedule the best I can. I will be calling tomorrow to put in my room requests, we did not get preferred so I want to request either Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 22 which are the closest standard rooms.

If it is early enough and we are not too hungry we can grab a snack to go, head to Epcot and wait to eat there, I'm guessing we will eat a hardy breakfast on the boat. We will of course hit the good ol' ball Spaceship Earth. Next I plan to go over to the Seas and visit Nemo and his fishy friends and the to the Land to go Sorin' with Hannah. Cathleen has declined to see Sorin' each time we have went because from the description she knows it would make her nauseous with the sensation of flying watching the big screen. Her and Noah will take the boat ride and wait for us, if the wait is too long I will probably grab a fast pass and return later. Somewhere in between there or after we will go to Innoventions West for a character meet and greet for Disney Visa card holders, we get to meet with a few characters and get a free 4x6 photo. We will hit Figment at the Imagination Pavilion then cross over to Test Track and then into World Showcase starting at Mexico. I know the kids will enjoy the The Three Caballeros in Mexico, it's kinda cheesey but it's one of my favorites... not so much cathleen's but when in Mexico go on the only ride they have... and maybe grab a margarita to go afterward...

We have 7:00 ADRs for Via Napoli so we will be making our way there for some great Italian and enjoy Illuminations and one of my favorite things in Disney, the walk through World Showcase after the park closes, the people mostly cleared out, hearing the music in each of the countries as you pass by, stoping in a shop or two, and the lights on the buildings. Also once you get to Future World the shimmering glowing sidewalks are always neat and if Noah is still awake in his stroller I'm sure he will love that. Depending on our level of tiredness, energy and most importantly Cathleen's willingness I would love to take a spin on the monorail and catch the bus back from the magic kingdom... we will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter