1/6/2007 Early Roll Call...Anyone Else Going???

my dad fell and hit his head on monday and b/c he is on blood thinners there got to be a little too much blood in his brain. things were serious and starting to look up today. he's talking, lucid and the surgeon seems postive. just letting you know if i'm not around much for a while. hope you all are doing well. glad to have this thread!

akamaleficent,

So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he continues to improve. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hi everyone,

It's nice to be back. Since my friend, Yoly, passed away it felt a bit weird coming on here. Her daughter told me that she was so excited about the trip and how she was telling everyone that she was going on a Disney Cruise. :sad2:

So now her husband does not want to go without his wife. So my group of 7 is now down to 5. The rest of her family knows that she would have wanted them to go.

So this trip is bringing up our spirits and we will continue to plan for it.

Thanks for all your well-wishes. :goodvibes

Hey all,

Was wondering if any of you had suggestions about renting a car. There will be a total of 7 of us and we will be driving from Miami to the port. Are there car rental locations at the port where we can drop off a car? No way will I rent a car and have it sit at the port for a week while we are on the ship. What would you do? Also, we plan on then renting another car to drive from the port to Disney where we will stay for two days then drive back to Miami. Has anyone done this? Have you rented a car to get to the port and then rent another car to get back home? If you haven't... have you heard of anyone else doing it? Do you remember if there are any rental car locations at the port?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi!

On our last cruise, we went to the port with the DCL buses and rent a car on the way back. We went with Avis, if I remember well. At the port, most rental company have a sign where you can wait for their shuttle. I remember we had to go back to the port halfway to the Avis office because the driver forgot our stroller back on the boardwalk! :scared1: The poor guy felt so bad! Luckily, it was still there. So don't forget to make sure all of your luggage gets in the shuttle!

I don't know what we will do this time. We are thinking of arriving on the 2nd or the 3rd, so we will probably rent a car and might do the same after the cruise because the direct flight from MCO to Montreal is often in the morning. With the little ones, I don't want to make too many stops.

Let us know what you do and I will do the same when we decide what to do.

i have heard Budget is a good place to rent a car. they are within a mile of port so you can walk or take their shuttle. most people rent cars and find a way to check them in at port, i know i have seen some threads on the main DCL board that you may want to check out.

my dad passed away on June 20. it was a long, emotional 7 days in the hospital and then we took him to hospice to make him more comfortable in his final hours. i will still move on with our wedding and honeymoon plans but he will be greatly missed in the process.

in the meantime, we have our cruise to look forward to. my sister is cruising with her family in sept and made her reservations online last week. she said with her and her husband on the computer they had no problem getting what they wanted.

akamaleficent,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I've been thinking of you since you told us about his accident. I was hoping that he would get better. I know how hard it is to lose a father. My father passed away last year on Father's Day. He had ALS.

I am glad to hear that you are still going on with your plans for your wedding and honeymoon. Your father would have wanted you to go on with your life and marry the man you love.

It's a good thing that you have the wedding and honeymoon to plan for. It will keep you busy.

Well, this is what this board is for... planning. So plan away... :sunny:

soleilmagie said:
Hi!
On our last cruise, we went to the port with the DCL buses and rent a car on the way back. We went with Avis, if I remember well. At the port, most rental company have a sign where you can wait for their shuttle. I remember we had to go back to the port halfway to the Avis office because the driver forgot our stroller back on the boardwalk! :scared1: The poor guy felt so bad! Luckily, it was still there. So don't forget to make sure all of your luggage gets in the shuttle!

I don't know what we will do this time. We are thinking of arriving on the 2nd or the 3rd, so we will probably rent a car and might do the same after the cruise because the direct flight from MCO to Montreal is often in the morning. With the little ones, I don't want to make too many stops.

Let us know what you do and I will do the same when we decide what to do.
soleilmagie,

Thanks for the info. (and thanks to you too akamaleficent). I have have read a bit about car rentals on other threads and I think that Budget is the way to go. However, I want to do some more homework before I make a decision. I will let you know what I come up with.

Well, it's late. Going to bed. Thanks!

Akamaleficent,

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. :grouphug:

Hi!

Since we were discussing car rentals, I started checking out prices. We are thinking of coming into Orlando the 2nd or the 3rd. Since we are from Canada, I first checked Budget (canadian site) and Avis, since I have a rebate. The Avis quote was the best. Afterwards, I went on the Budget .com site to see I much it was for carseats, and I received a better quote on that site than on the canadian site! Can you understand that? :confused3

Hi!

In 6 months, we will be on our third sea day! :boat:

And semi-formal night! princess:

pirate: Myself, my DW and our three adult children plus guests are coming on Jan 6.
This is my DW's and my third January Disney Cruise and we just love it this time of year.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:

lilofan said:
pirate: Myself, my DW and our three adult children plus guests are coming on Jan 6.
This is my DW's and my third January Disney Cruise and we just love it this time of year.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:
So glad that you will be joining us! The more the merrier! party:

how old are your adult children? do they have children? just curious....

i've been looking at pics of the flying dutchman and hoping that it is still there when we go. my sister and i spent some time together last week looking at door signs and getting ideas. i sure hope that six months goes fast. i'm sure it will with classes, the holidays, etc.

Hello all! We just booked our Eastern cruise for 1/6/07. There will be four of us: dh and I, our ds who will have just turned 9, and our dd who will be 4 1/2. This is our very first cruise ever, and we are very excited! We hope to meet some of you in person on the cruise, and possibly find some friends for ds and dd to hang out with on board and at the kids clubs. I am new to register here, but have been lurking for quite a bit during the planning stages. I look forward to chatting and getting to know some folks before we embark :wave:

SurfnTurf said:
Hello all! We just booked our Eastern cruise for 1/6/07. There will be four of us: dh and I, our ds who will have just turned 9, and our dd who will be 4 1/2. This is our very first cruise ever, and we are very excited! We hope to meet some of you in person on the cruise, and possibly find some friends for ds and dd to hang out with on board and at the kids clubs. I am new to register here, but have been lurking for quite a bit during the planning stages. I look forward to chatting and getting to know some folks before we embark :wave:
:Pinkbounc Welcome SurfnTurf! :bounce:

Glad that you'll be joining us.

I will be traveling with an 11 year old and a 14 year old. I hope your kids can hang out with them on the cruise.

i too tend to be a lurker. (until i have a trip to plan) then in order to avoid non-stop talking about the cruise to my friends and family at home, i post here. what a blessing to have this site...

welcome to the group and how exciting to go on your first disney cruise.
you will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter