1/26/2013-Fantasy-Eastern including Puerto Rico

Ok, we DON'T need Passports for this cruise right? It's not required?

(we are getting them anyway but don't have them yet)

Got it!

I literally just paid the deposit about 30 minutes ago through Dreams Unlimited. My TA was nice enough to call DCL and have our hold extended until the 23rd while we waited for money to shift but it all worked out today!

Our original plan was to go to Hawaii for Christmas with DH for work BUT we figured this was on everyone's bucket list, we wanted to do it while the kids (especially our 3 year old) was OBSESSED with anything Mickey, and you get WAY more bang for your buck with Disney then a hotel room in Hawaii for 10 days. DH will miss Christmas with us b/c he still has to go but this makes up for it and I TOTALLY plan on making a dummy reservation while on board :)
See, you are already listening to us....you're going to do an onboard rebooking. :thumbsup2
My 17yo is still totally obsessed with Disney.....ok, confession.....we are all obsessed with Disney. Just hope your kids don't out grow their love for Disney, but I think some kids do that because of their parents.
You know you are obsessed with Disney when you buy a vacation house based on its location and if you can see the fireworks AND hear the train whistle while standing at the front door. Yup, that's why we picked the house we did down there.

Ok, we DON'T need Passports for this cruise right? It's not required?

(we are getting them anyway but don't have them yet)
As of now they are not a requirement, but that's not to say the rules won't change between now and then.
If you plan on getting them just space them out so you aren't putting out all the money at once. Or if you do get them all at once, you can wait until late Sept. or Oct. to order them. You could even wait until Nov. if you wanted.
You and DH's will be good for 10 years and the kids will be good for 5 years.

See, you are already listening to us....you're going to do an onboard rebooking. :thumbsup2
My 17yo is still totally obsessed with Disney.....ok, confession.....we are all obsessed with Disney. Just hope your kids don't out grow their love for Disney, but I think some kids do that because of their parents.
You know you are obsessed with Disney when you buy a vacation house based on its location and if you can see the fireworks AND hear the train whistle while standing at the front door. Yup, that's why we picked the house we did down there.

As of now they are not a requirement, but that's not to say the rules won't change between now and then.
If you plan on getting them just space them out so you aren't putting out all the money at once. Or if you do get them all at once, you can wait until late Sept. or Oct. to order them. You could even wait until Nov. if you wanted.
You and DH's will be good for 10 years and the kids will be good for 5 years.
I was going to apply for them as soon as we got our tax refund... to get the expense out of the way so we can start putting money aside for the fun stuff!

I have been talking to my DU TA about applying at DU. I think I might give it a shot. I wouldn't be in it for the money (which I know isn't much and takes a while to get) but to give this mommy brain something to do!!!

I was going to apply for them as soon as we got our tax refund... to get the expense out of the way so we can start putting money aside for the fun stuff!

I have been talking to my DU TA about applying at DU. I think I might give it a shot. I wouldn't be in it for the money (which I know isn't much and takes a while to get) but to give this mommy brain something to do!!!

In order to maximize the time the passport is valid you are better off waiting a few months to apply for them. They are valid as soon as they are processed, so they expire 5/10 years from that date. So if they are just going to sit around for 6 or 7 months, you might as well keep the money in the bank and get a few pennies intererst so they expire at a later date.

We made the mistake of not booking while on-board the 2nd time. Our first DCL cruise was so fantastic that we booked our 2nd while on-board. There was a huge problem with one of our 2 staterooms on our 2nd cruise and we were so furious that we didn't book while on-board for any future cruise. Now, as we have only done 2 DCL cruises and didn't book on-board, we get no discounts or incentives...back to square one. Moral of the story...book while on-board! There's no penalty to cancel. :)

We made the mistake of not booking while on-board the 2nd time. Our first DCL cruise was so fantastic that we booked our 2nd while on-board. There was a huge problem with one of our 2 staterooms on our 2nd cruise and we were so furious that we didn't book while on-board for any future cruise. Now, as we have only done 2 DCL cruises and didn't book on-board, we get no discounts or incentives...back to square one. Moral of the story...book while on-board! There's no penalty to cancel. :)

You learned an expensive lesson. The OBC is so worth rebooking onbard.

I knew that was where you were going with that.... good thinkin' ;)

I was doing our online check in for one cruise and in the process found out DH's passport was expired. DCL keeps your info on file and when you do the online check in the saved info is already filled in. We still had plenty of time to get his renewal application sent in, processed and received back.

The 3 of us all have different expiration years.

How long does it take to get all your cruise paperwork in the mail? (I know we have a way to go though)

How long does it take to get all your cruise paperwork in the mail? (I know we have a way to go though)

It usually arrives about 15-35 days before sailing. It usually depends if DCL mails it directly to you or if they mail it to your TA and then your TA mails it out to you. Port check in and your mailed documents are much smoother and less paperwork when you fill in your online info at least 45 days prior to sailing.

Holly - I updated you on the cruiser list. :)

To those who have not added themselves to our cruiser list, please consider doing that, as it makes it easy to see who is with us and where. The sign-up form does not ask for last names or email addresses.

Our cruise site is located HERE. Please consider joining us. Thanks!

Shari

Holly - I updated you on the cruiser list. :)
Shari

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::

BTW, if anyone is interested, this means I let go of cabin #8188 which is one of the AFT extended balconies. If anyone on here was looking for one - it might still be available as I let it go late, late last night.

Holly - I think someone may have grabbed that room already. For some reason, there seems to be a sudden peaked interest in this sailing. :confused3

Holly - I think someone may have grabbed that room already. For some reason, there seems to be a sudden peaked interest in this sailing. :confused3

I figured that one might go fast.

I'm thinking sticker shock on some of the new cruises along with others not being thrilled with some of the itineraries made this cruise more popular.
It is odd that cabins went so quickly where they had been available for quite awhile.

Aren't there only three rooms between you and Holly now? :eek:

At least I'm on the other side of the ship! I'm independent! :rotfl2: :dance3: :banana:

Aren't there only three rooms between you and Holly now? :eek:

At least I'm on the other side of the ship! I'm independent! :rotfl2: :dance3: :banana:

:scared1: She is following me. There might be 5, but now I can't remember which cabin we are in. :confused3

jilljill - I think you said 12510. If so, that puts only THREE between you! :lmao: :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter