09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom and I are talking about trying to get on SSMC09. We just got home from the October 5-9 cruise that DH won! That was a lot of fun but not as much as the past SSMCs we have been on in the past. The only problem is that we are also planning a huge family cruise in 2010 with a vow renewal ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary! I guess we have less than 2 weeks to make up our minds. ;)

How did so many people already get on the member cruise when call isn't until November. Did I miss something?

Annmarie

Annmarie - that would be so cool!

Those who are already booked added on during SSMC08. That was one of the incentives. If you added on so many points you got a Cat 6 for 2 adults on next years cruise. They did the same thing in 2007.

The rest of us need to call in as always. Hope you and Tom decide to come. It would be great seeing you both again!

PDFG and all our friends who need it.

Annmarie - that would be so cool!

Those who are already booked added on during SSMC08. That was one of the incentives. If you added on so many points you got a Cat 6 for 2 adults on next years cruise. They did the same thing in 2007.

The rest of us need to call in as always. Hope you and Tom decide to come. It would be great seeing you both again!

PDFG and all our friends who need it.

Thanks Mary! It would be a lot of fun especially since this past cruise I was bound to a wheelchair after back surgery! It will be great to actually be able to enjoy 2 days at CC.

Thanks Mary! It would be a lot of fun especially since this past cruise I was bound to a wheelchair after back surgery! It will be great to actually be able to enjoy 2 days at CC.

Ouch - sorry to hear that Annmarie. Definitely sounds like you need a cruise where you can enjoy CC.

Ouch - sorry to hear that Annmarie. Definitely sounds like you need a cruise where you can enjoy CC.

I couldn't agree more! It would be a lot of fun to enjoy both days at CC. I wasn't able to do a lot of the things I wanted to do so that means I need to start saving my pennies now. :rotfl2:

I know what Tom and I will be doing on November 2! Anyone else joining in?

Annmarie

I will be dialing away on Nov 2nd with everyone else. My friend and I are using this as a 4 day escape from the hubbies and kids. Love them but we are going to really enjoy this Momcation!!!

I will be dialing away on Nov 2nd with everyone else. My friend and I are using this as a 4 day escape from the hubbies and kids. Love them but we are going to really enjoy this Momcation!!!

:wave2:
"Momcation" that sounds great. I wish you luck on call in day and some pixie dust :tink:
Take care:flower3:

Sounds like fun - good luck on call in day!

Another Rainy day her in Maine. I wish we were on CC this morning. Nancy and I hate the though of Winter. Maybe some day we will become Snowbirds.
Well I see you have the 2009 thread going. Nancy and I will miss you guys this year. We got a taste of a 4 day cruise for three years now we would like to try a seven day. Yes I admit with the help of Joanne:rotfl::rotfl:.
If you don't mind Mary Nancy and I will be hanging on the 09 thread so we can keep in touch .
I know there's a group of us from the 08 Cruise going on the 7 day BOB. Our thoughts will always think back at the great friend and people we have meet on the Members. We will sure miss you guys next year Mary. You and Mark mean a lot to us. We will see what happens in 2010.
danandnan

Hi Dan & Nan!

Totally understand about wanting to try a 7 day. They are great and we've done them. Wish we could do both and join you all on the 7 day but we really want to do the Member Cruise and see what guests they have in store for us. That's what makes it special for us.

You know you can always e-mail or pm me to stay in touch. That way we won't bore everyone here. :)

Hi,

A longtime lurker here. I was not happy to find out that tips were included in the 2008 member cruise. I and my tablemates frankly found the service of the waiter and the assistant server to be lacking. I was very happy with our steward and even added some extra money to his tip. When we found out tips were included it all seemed to make sense. They did not go out of their way and by the last night still couldn't remember our drink choices. But if I were doing the tipping, our servers would not have received the recommended amount.

Regards,

Bill

Hi,

A longtime lurker here. I was not happy to find out that tips were included in the 2008 member cruise. I and my tablemates frankly found the service of the waiter and the assistant server to be lacking. I was very happy with our steward and even added some extra money to his tip. When we found out tips were included it all seemed to make sense. They did not go out of their way and by the last night still couldn't remember our drink choices. But if I were doing the tipping, our servers would not have received the recommended amount.

Regards,

Bill

Interesting comments. Some of us at our table felt the same way. Our waiters were pleasant enough but the service was very slow. Maybe we had the same ones! We knew the tips were included & at least my DH & I didn't add extra to the tip.
Incidently when we checked into BCV they mentioned another Kenney party had just checked in. Well we are Nancy & Dan Kenney from Maine. We were at BCV before & after the cruise as well as on the cruise. Nice to meet you!

:wave2:
"Momcation" that sounds great. I wish you luck on call in day and some pixie dust :tink:
Take care:flower3:

Sounds like fun - good luck on call in day!

Thank You for the good luck and pixie dust. I know my friend is very excited. I will be going with her on her first Disney Cruise, my 3rd (both taking the whole family) Nov 8th and she is going to fall in love and then she will see why I am always talking about when the next one is and why I always seem to have one booked onboard before the cruise is ever over. She will become addicted just like me. Part of my evil plan to find more people to cruise with. :cool1:

Hi,

Regards,

Bill

Interesting comments. Some of us at our table felt the same way. Our waiters were pleasant enough but the service was very slow. Maybe we had the same ones! We knew the tips were included & at least my DH & I didn't add extra to the tip.
Incidently when we checked into BCV they mentioned another Kenney party had just checked in. Well we are Nancy & Dan Kenney from Maine. We were at BCV before & after the cruise as well as on the cruise. Nice to meet you!

Definitely depends on the serving crew. I thought our Server and Asst. Server did a great job. Our Head Server was also great especially playing along with the group.

I can see where the pre-paid tips may make some not give exceptional service but you would think they realize that if they go above and beyond the tips will as well. We definitely added more to each of our tip envelopes.

I will be dialing in....do they ever release the names of the guests/entertainers prior to booking? Not that it would matter...just curious.
Never been on a member cruise...heck, I was thrilled at getting my little gifts on my regular cruises just for being a DVC member! I thought it was awesome. I went to the very last get together for members and those interested and won the $300 ship credit...WOW...never won anything before.

Wish me luck!

I will be dialing in....do they ever release the names of the guests/entertainers prior to booking? Not that it would matter...just curious.
Never been on a member cruise...heck, I was thrilled at getting my little gifts on my regular cruises just for being a DVC member! I thought it was awesome. I went to the very last get together for members and those interested and won the $300 ship credit...WOW...never won anything before.

Wish me luck!

Good luck dialing in. We all wish they would annouce the guests but we often don't know until we get on the ship. They usually let a few known but very very close to cruise time. Of course part of that is because some of these people might need to back out at the last minute due to other commitments.

I just know DVC has always supplied us with wonderful guests.

After reading through trip reports of the previous members cruises (09 will be my first) all the guests sound wonderful. It is kind of exciting that they will be surprises. That way it keeps us guessing and gives us something to look forward to in addition to the excitement of being on DCL.

After reading through trip reports of the previous members cruises (09 will be my first) all the guests sound wonderful. It is kind of exciting that they will be surprises. That way it keeps us guessing and gives us something to look forward to in addition to the excitement of being on DCL.

That is definitely the goal from DVC. What gets frustrating is that it doesn't allow us to bring something that could be autographed. For example on the '07 cruise the theme was Disney Legends and the guest line-up was amazing (IMHO the best of all the ones we've been on). One of the guests was Richard Sherman of the Sherman Brothers who wrote so many Disney songs including the score of Mary Poppins. I have a Mary Poppins album which was the very first album I ever owned and it would have been wonderful to have him sign that. As it was they gave us a Jungle Book CD as one of our gifts so we had him sign that.

Still we've always been thrilled with the line up of guests. Now not all the guests hold an interest to us and I'm sure that is true for everyone. However every cruise we've come away amazed as some of the acts we've seen and some of the Disney history we've learned.

Joining the thread! i Will be dialing in and on the computer looking at the floor charts with a cup of coffee in my hand. I two wish it was a 7 day!:) Maybe ith the new ships.:worship:

flo
:surfweb:

I was woundering does any one know what the weather is like in September? I know the past ones have been in October correct?

flo
:surfweb:

The 06 and 07 cruises were in October. 05 was in early September (over Labor Day) and 08 was late September.

It is hurricane season so you always have the threat of storms. This year we had beautiful weather. Only a slight sprinkle on our second morning at CC. In 05 we also had great weather on the cruise but it was rainy at WDW before and after the cruise and we got diverted from Port Canaveral to Ft. Lauderdale due to Hurricane Ophelia. Disney took good care of us and had buses waiting to take us back to Port Canaveral (or WDW or the airport).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!