09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figures they would put the call in date the one sunday I need to work. Does any one know what time we can call in?

I e-mail DVC and was told basically the same thing rbcheek was told 2 weeks ago. Booking day is 11/2 and the point chart should be up on the member site soon.

Looks like they really don't want to push this one too much. :confused3 I'm thinking call in might be a breeze because no one else will know about it. :rotfl:

PDFG and all our friends who need it.

Booking information is now up on the Member site!

Bookings starts at 9 am Eastern on 11/2.

Point chart isn't coming up right however. It is showing the '08 chart not the '09 chart. Hopefully that will be fixed quickly.

Ok they got the right point chart up now.

First number is points, second number is cash. This is per person based on double occupancy.

11 STANDARD INSIDE STATEROOM 116 $869
10 DELUXE INSIDE STATEROOM 124 $916
9 DELUXE OCEANVIEW STATEROOM 131 $944
8 DELUXE OCEANVIEW STATEROOM 144 $992
7 DELUXE STATEROOM W/ NAVIGATOR’S VERANDAH 162 $1,084
6 DELUXE STATEROOM W/ VERANDAH 173 $1,147
5 DELUXE STATEROOM W/ VERANDAH 181 $1,195
4** DELUXE FAMILY STATEROOM W/ VERANDAH 208 $1,384

Thanks for the posting. Vikki and do not know if we are going to go on this one? For not that much more points, you could go on a 7 day a week before? How does everyone else fell that the points are higher then then should be for only 4 nights?

Thanks for the posting. Vikki and do not know if we are going to go on this one? For not that much more points, you could go on a 7 day a week before? How does everyone else fell that the points are higher then then should be for only 4 nights?

If you are just comparing the cruise experience itself than yes you can get a 7 night for a cheaper per night price than the 4 night Member Cruise. To us the Member Cruise is different enough to make it worth while. Here's what I wrote over on the DVC forum a couple of weeks ago when asked what made the cruise different.

The Members Cruises are different than a regular 4 day cruise at the same time for the following reasons:
  • Usually a different itinerary than the regular cruise.
    • 2003 was Castaway Cay, Nassau, Castaway Cay
    • 2005 was Key West, Sea, Castaway Cay
    • 2006 was Castaway Cay, Sea, Castaway Cay
    • 2007 was Castaway Cay, Sea, Castaway Cay
    • 2008 was Castaway Cay, Sea, Castaway Cay
  • Special guests. Over the years we had talks and tours from different Disney Imagineers, Roy Disney, Art Linkletter, Disney Legends and some wonderful entertainment from some of Disney's Broadway stars.
  • Special gifts. Limited edition pins, artwork, and other fun gifts
  • Group picture on the beach
  • DVC themed DCL shows and games like bingo and who wants to be a mouseketeer.
Now all of this doesn't offer a value to some people and that is great. It isn't for everyone. However the guests are what make it special for us and while we'll be calling to get on our 6th Member Cruise.

BTW - one other thing not listed above. The price for the Member Cruise includes your tips. They aren't included in regular cruises.

Only you can decide what is right for you.

In looking at the point chart I believe it's the same as this year was. We had a deluxe inside for 124. The fact that tips are included is huge.

N

I guess it's about time to start working out my dailing finger.:lmao:

Hi everyone...Just wanted to drop a quick note to let all of you know that we won't be on this cruise! DVC has really given us a mess with the documents for our add-on, and no help in resolving them. We received the docs at the wrong address, but the docs inside the box had the correct address with our checking account and routing #, our social security #'s, and name. If these docs had fallen into the wrong hands we could be in trouble right now. But not only this, they have docs on our wrong master contract, wrong resort, and a buyer is missing. I have contacted DVC, my guide, Quality control, and now someone a little higher up numerous times with no luck. So we are giving up and not buying the add on. We decided that we'd rather not be hassled and bothered anymore with this. If they wanted our money and business bad enough they would have attempted to resolve this on the first call, not the 12th. So we have decided that the April 09 cruise and the April 10 EB repositioning cruise are enough for us right now. I hope everyone has a great time, and I will check in time to time on here!

Good Luck Dialing in!!!

Hi Tinkerbelle77
Sorry to hear you will not be on the cruise.
Hope you enjoy your April 09 and April 2010 cruises.
Take care.....Monika:flower3:

Tina - sorry to hear you won't be joining us, but totally understand. Sorry you had to put up with all this frustration!

Good morning everyone! Two weeks until call in day!

Hi everyone...Just wanted to drop a quick note to let all of you know that we won't be on this cruise! DVC has really given us a mess with the documents for our add-on, and no help in resolving them. We received the docs at the wrong address, but the docs inside the box had the correct address with our checking account and routing #, our social security #'s, and name. If these docs had fallen into the wrong hands we could be in trouble right now. But not only this, they have docs on our wrong master contract, wrong resort, and a buyer is missing. I have contacted DVC, my guide, Quality control, and now someone a little higher up numerous times with no luck. So we are giving up and not buying the add on. We decided that we'd rather not be hassled and bothered anymore with this. If they wanted our money and business bad enough they would have attempted to resolve this on the first call, not the 12th. So we have decided that the April 09 cruise and the April 10 EB repositioning cruise are enough for us right now. I hope everyone has a great time, and I will check in time to time on here!

Good Luck Dialing in!!!

That's too bad,especially if you really wanted the add-on. Keep us posted if there are more developments. I would think Disney wouldn't want to have bad publicity & would do whatever to fix it.

Tina,

So sorry to hear about the confusion, we will miss seeing you on next years cruise!

Good Luck with your other cruises though.

Dave & Tanya

Thank to all of you! We do want the add-on, but we are thinking maybe it just wasnt meant to be! It's not really that big of a deal to us, we have quite a bit of points now, but they don't seem to be enough for us. But with the 2 cruises we have booked(We are paying cash), we don't really need the extra points till 2011. So waiting is ok with us. We have a vacation planned for July 2009 on points, and then our next trip will be either august 2010 or summer 2011, and we will have points by then.

Good Luck to all of you dialing...I hope that you get what you want!!! I know come August of 2009, I will be wishing I was on the cruise with all of you!!

Tom and I are talking about trying to get on SSMC09. We just got home from the October 5-9 cruise that DH won! That was a lot of fun but not as much as the past SSMCs we have been on in the past. The only problem is that we are also planning a huge family cruise in 2010 with a vow renewal ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary! I guess we have less than 2 weeks to make up our minds. ;)

How did so many people already get on the member cruise when call isn't until November. Did I miss something?

Annmarie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter