09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you the fee for a change is 95.00.

flo
:surfweb:

Thanks! That is doable. I figure that I will call on Sunday for myself and then see if I can get one of my sisters to join me. So I will start out with a solo reservation and then hopefully add a person.

Karen and I will most likely go for the cave again - cat 11 sideways - since we have 7 day after this one it won't be so bad. Hope she can get thru - I'll be busy checking in that day at OKW.

Just wanted to put this back on the first page.

Have a good day everyone.

flo

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is? I was on the member website but couldn't find it.

Also, on the DVC member website, they mention that there may be a fee for any changes to the reservation. Does anyone know how much the fee is and when it is invoked?

Good morning everyone!

I believe if you cancel using points they become reservation points which means you cannot use them at the DVC resorts. Cancellation for cash I believe follows the regular guidelines for cash refunds which I think is a full refund up to 90 days before and then goes down from there.

The $95 booking fee that DVC normally charges for trades and cruises is waived on the initial booking day but will be charged for any changes made after the inital booking.

Another one here that will be trying to call on Sunday. DH and I had decided that we would not cruise next year due to the fact that two of our DS's are getting married but isn't that what I have points for??? I am thinking that we will add some time before or after at Vero Beach. We have not been and I think that I would like to check that out.

Good luck calling Gail! I think the cruise will be a nice treat for you and your DH especially with being parents of the groom!

We did Vero before our December 2004 cruise and enjoyed it. A nice easy ride to the port that morning. I can see where it would also be a nice relaxing stay after the cruise to continue the cruise feeling. Vero is nice and laid back.

PDFG and all our friends who need it.

Good morning everyone!

I believe if you cancel using points they become reservation points which means you cannot use them at the DVC resorts. Cancellation for cash I believe follows the regular guidelines for cash refunds which I think is a full refund up to 90 days before and then goes down from there.

The $95 booking fee that DVC normally charges for trades and cruises is waived on the initial booking day but will be charged for any changes made after the inital booking.

Excellent thanks! Most likely, I will be using cash for the cruise ans saving my points for another trip.

Morning All!:)

It is cold here today!

Have a good One!

Call in Day is gettting closer!:goodvibes

flo

You are right about the cold! Brrrrrrrrr :)

I just have to keep dreaming about 2 days at castaway cay!

You are right about the cold! Brrrrrrrrr :)

I just have to keep dreaming about 2 days at castaway cay!

Right now we are wishing for the cold, the temp here has been in the high nineties for the past month and I'm tired of it.

I hope we here on the west coast will be able to get through on Sunday morning.

Ok! I have a question.

I want to do the cruise I am all excited:cool1: but this afternoon my boss called me in his office and told me today was my last day.

If I make my reservations on Sunday but I to have to borrow some. Will I lose them if I have to cancel? That is my only fear. But yet I don’t want to cancel.

Thanks
Flo

Ok! I have a question.

I want to do the cruise I am all excited:cool1: but this afternoon my boss called me in his office and told me today was my last day.

If I make my reservations on Sunday but I to have to borrow some. Will I lose them if I have to cancel? That is my only fear. But yet I don’t want to cancel.

Thanks
Flo

the way I understand it, once the reservation is made and then cancelled, you would need to pay 95 dollars for a reservation change and the points can still be used for anything in the current use year except DVC resorts.
I hope this is right, but you should still check with a DVC CM.

My wife was just laid off last week, but we are going to try to reserve with the hope that a new job will come along before then.

good luck.

Ok! I have a question.

Thanks
Flo

:hug: So sorry to hear that. I've been through layoffs twice.

I'm not sure if you will be charged the $95 fee for the cancellation or not. I do know that the points will become cancellation points which mean they can't be used for DVC.

As suggested I would call Member Services before Sunday to find out all the details for sure.

Good luck in finding a new job.

Ok! I have a question.

My wife was just laid off last week, but we are going to try to reserve with the hope that a new job will come along before then.

good luck.

Very Sorry to hear about people getting laid off, it is a very tough economy, our thoughts are with you.

Only 4 days to Dial In!!! Good Luck everyone!

ok Just called member services.

Everyone is right. We would not loose the points they woud not be able to stay at a DVC resort with them. Witch is not to bad. We could stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge just not the DVC part.

flo

the way I understand it, once the reservation is made and then cancelled, you would need to pay 95 dollars for a reservation change and the points can still be used for anything in the current use year except DVC resorts.
I hope this is right, but you should still check with a DVC CM.

good luck.

rbcheek: That is what I am going to do to.;) Think positive.:thumbsup2 Things happen for a reason.

flo

Karen and I will most likely go for the cave again - cat 11 sideways - since we have 7 day after this one it won't be so bad. Hope she can get thru - I'll be busy checking in that day at OKW.

I'm going to try for the same stateroom as this past cruise. I hope I get through right away as I'm supposed to work 10-2 Sun.

ok Just called member services.

Everyone is right. We would not loose the points they woud not be able to stay at a DVC resort with them. Witch is not to bad. We could stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge just not the DVC part.

flo
Did MS say you can book AKL as part of the Disney Collection? I thought it was removed when the villas opened in July 2007. AKL is not on the 2008 or 2009 Disney Collection point charts.

Did MS say you can book AKL as part of the Disney Collection? I thought it was removed when the villas opened in July 2007. AKL is not on the 2008 or 2009 Disney Collection point charts.

No, but they said that the DVC resorts only (total of 6) are the ones that can not be booked. I asked about hotels on property and they said that is fine. When I call in on Sunday I will make sure. Thanks

No, but they said that the DVC resorts only (total of 6) are the ones that can not be booked. I asked about hotels on property and they said that is fine. When I call in on Sunday I will make sure. Thanks

You can't book using points any of the WDW Resorts that have a DVC component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter