01/02/2014 Disney Magic 3 Night - Miami

We were undecided as to what to do on our Nassau day also... opted for Sheraton Cable Beach, only to just find out they no longer can be booked on points (we have a lot of points!) and were exploring other options when I looked to see how many people/ships would be in port with us...

Found this on cruisett.com

03-Jan-14 18980 Carnival Sensation, Celebrity Constellation, Disney Magic, Disney Dream, Norwegian Epic, Carnival Breeze

That 18,980 is the number of people! (On all ships combined)
Ergo, we will stay on board!

There's gonna be some horn wars going on! Unless they are not allowed to do that in port at Nassau. :) I hope they haven't changed the Magic's Horn! I prefer the old ships sounds to the new ships horn. More deep and authentic.

Updated 11/17/13

Roll Call

krazy4crusing-me, dh ds9 dd4 (ontario)
pershing-myself single mom of 3 ds's, will be 19, 17 and 15 (massachusetts)
gigi1313-mom, dad, daughter turning 19 on cruise, son 16 and little son 5! (new york)
DCLInauguralXmas- there are 7 of us (indiana)
barbeaujo-myself, dh, dd (12), et ds (9) (quebec)
mickeysgirlz- myself, dd14 and dd9 (10 on jan 29) (south florida)
dubois family-dw, dh, dd (12), dd(14)
dwgal210-db, da, du, 4 dc's, & da's parents (iowa)
trj010014 (16)-dmom, ddad
mygr8kdz-DSpouse?,DD19, DD16, DS13 and DS11
dizny4eva-DD18 (Florida)
JoTheBookish-me & the hubs, and my 2 dds 9 (and a half!) and 6.

FE List
gigi1313
barbeaujo
pershing
mickeysgirlz
krazy4crusing
DCLInauguralXmas
trj010014
dizny4eva
JoTheBookish

FE Google Doc Spreadsheet (Set up by trj010014 :flower2:) Please add your info if you are participating in Fish Extender

Private Mixology Class(need at least 25 people)
1-pershing
2-gigi1313
3-DH of gigi1313
4 thru 7 DCLInauguralXMAS
Facebook Group Page that trj010014 put together. :) January 2nd, 2014 Cruising on the Magic

So I am so sorry for the delay, but the google doc is working!!!! I checked it on my mom's computer.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...h5UUZTWTFDZU1XZENDTEoxZkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
My life was crazy because of my high school play, but it's over now. I was snoopy in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown.

Thanks so much! I'm glad your play went so well. Snoopy huh? Sounds like a future job reference for being a character in the parks!~:rotfl2:

Hello everyone,

havent been on the board for a longer then usual period of time, i feel like i am doing a marathon and the finish line never comes.. Oh well, only 1 month before we leave for Florida :banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo:

As you can see, i am definitely not a cold weather person ... We already had snow over the week end :scared1:

Does anyone know when we will close the FE list ? I have started and would like to be able to have everything done before we leave for Florida. Will we also get a list with ages and gender per stateroom ? Sorry if this has been answered before, i forgot and didnt take the time to go over all of our pages. The joy of getting older ... lol

Let me know,

Tks
Josee, from cold Canada !

Yeah, we got some snow a week ago ourselves and usually snow passes us by. I'm not a fan either!

I just hope it doesn't snow around Christmas or Christmas Day. Sorry to all those hoping for a White Christmas. I don't want anything hindering our first driving Road Trip to Florida. :drive: I'm even gonna open a Facebook Page for Our Road Trip 'cause my mother and friends are freaked that I'm doing this! We did many driving vacations growing up but my Mom thinks having Dad along made all the difference.

I would have drove down in previous trips but she talked me out of it every time. This time I'm standing firm!......and I don't have the money to fly. :upsidedow

I'm not by any means a Facebook expert, but are you friended with your daughter? Is that the issue?

It would be nice to have an app that is linked to this board on our smartphone and beeps when someone writes something .. I am sure this day will come .

j.barbeau@d2technologie.com

Well, the DIS app doesn't beep but if you subscribe to this thread, it will display a '1' when someone adds to the thread. It's just hard to write paragraphs on my iphone. I don't think you can use smilies either.

I use the DIS app to read threads when I'm at the doctor's office and other places mostly. Then I write or add to threads when I get home. I don't have that thumb action my kids do. It's amazing how fast they can type with their thumbs!:thumbsup2

Do you think DCL would offer Palo Brunch if enough people went and asked? :rolleyes1 Just asking!!! LOL

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You just don't give up!

I BOOKED! I BOOKED!!!!! and now my mom might want to join us after all... sighhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I would need to move a kid to her room to save some $$, but not sure I can since it's after PIF date... not quite sure what i'm going to do or how i'm going to do it! OY VEY!

LOL!)

Oh boy! Did you add her or not? OY VEY is right! What are you gonna do, she's your mom. princess:

Hey, I added to the google doc and when I went to check my room number on Disneycruise dot come I noticed we received a slight upgrade. We went from 11C to 10A which is actually cheaper than the cat. 11's right now. Not sure why?:scratchin They put us on the 7th floor. So that's nice. :)

Did you guys see this? I totally missed it:

Disney Cruise Line releases onboard schedule via app
by Leah Zanolla
Sep 7, 2013

Disney Cruise Line is testing a new app that will give cruisers access to the daily Navigators on their smartphones. Currently, the paper Navigators are delivered to staterooms each night and serve as a guide to activities happening around the ship. Available for both iOS and Android devices, the Disney Fantasy - Navigator app works via the ship's internal Intranet and will provide more content than the paper copy. The app works while your phone is on Airplane Mode and doesn't use the pay-per-minute satellite internet connection.

Cruisers can use a "favorites" function to virtually highlight the activities they want to do while on the cruise. A calendar will be available for the whole sailing, so you can make plans in advance. Click on each item and more detailed information about the event will pop up. Each day, check the app for the daily schedule, information on the port of call, weather forecast, sunrise and sunset times, character meeting times and the dress code for dinner. You can even check the menus for the main dining rooms, the Drink of the Day selection and a ship-wide map.

The app's functionality is currently only available for the September 7th and 14th sailings on the Disney Fantasy, but it will be expanding to the other three ships soon.

So we just cancelled Blue Lagoon. The 7:45 start time was not sitting well with me. It is a vacation afterall and getting up, fed etc.. for a 7:45 start time was not happining!! Back to the original plan of sleeping in and riding the waterslides all day!!! Giddyap!! Thanks for talking sense into me my fellow Dissers!!! :rotfl2: Besides, I might miss Palo Brunch if we got off!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks so much! I'm glad your play went so well. Snoopy huh? Sounds like a future job reference for being a character in the parks!~:rotfl2:
I would love to be a princess in the parks. I love to do improv. But I want to be an electrical engineer, so that's not happening. I tell people that acting is my backup plan though.
I was wondering what everyone is doing before the cruise. I'm going to go to Disney on the twenty ninth til the second.
One of my friends that I met on my last cruise lives in Miami so i think I will be able to see her!!!!!!!
I realized I didn't say what I'm doing in the port of calls. So in key west I'm doing the kayak snorkel sail. I really like to kayak!
In Nassau I think I'm going to a Hilton to use their beach pass- my mom is planning that.

Well, the DIS app doesn't beep but if you subscribe to this thread, it will display a '1' when someone adds to the thread. It's just hard to write paragraphs on my iphone. I don't think you can use smilies either.

I use the DIS app to read threads when I'm at the doctor's office and other places mostly. Then I write or add to threads when I get home. I don't have that thumb action my kids do. It's amazing how fast they can type with their thumbs!:thumbsup2

I am in the process of doing it. I downloaded the app, now i have to find this thread in order to register ... By writing something now, it might goes on top of the 964 threads i am goimd through trying to find us ... Why are the kids sleeping when i need them , :rotfl:

Thank you pershing !

i never knew you could subsribe to a thread. Now i should all be settle to fallow easier . I could do it on the app ( could not find where ) but i did on my laptop. Future will tell :-)

So excited about our FE ... Already got almost everything . Cant wait to tell the kids and start on those packaging .

Your welcome!

Hey, quick question. Is the price of a 12 pack of Pepsi or Coke products still outrageous in Florida?

It was like late 5's, 6's, and 7's last time I was there and I can get soda on sale here for 3 for 11 or 4 for 10 this past 2 weeks.

Just asking cause my kids are soda drinkers :drinking1 (bad habit) and since I'm driving.....:rolleyes1 ...and have tons of Styrofoam coolers.

Your welcome!

Hey, quick question. Is the price of a 12 pack of Pepsi or Coke products still outrageous in Florida?

It was like late 5's, 6's, and 7's last time I was there and I can get soda on sale here for 3 for 11 or 4 for 10 this past 2 weeks.

Just asking cause my kids are soda drinkers :drinking1 (bad habit) and since I'm driving.....:rolleyes1 ...and have tons of Styrofoam coolers.

** I am here right now and Publix has them at 4 for $12 ( 12 pack ) **

Josee.

Woo Hoo! Page 11. So awesome. Can you believe we have only a few weeks to go!:cool1:

It snowed at our place all weekend and it was -13 C last night. MAN!!!! Get me out of here1!! :rotfl2:

Can't wait till the cruise. :thumbsup2

Your welcome!

Soda is free on board... why bring? Save that cooler space for adult bevs ;)
(btw, no judgment here, as I am planning to bring bottled water)

Absolutely not bringing any soda on board. You're right it's free!

This question is about before and after the cruise. We are in the parks, doing Gaylord Ice and Universal. So, just wondering if Publix and Winn Dixie still have soda priced high? Or is there a state tax on it or something. It really was outrageous last time. I didn't wanna buy any!

We just made a quick itinerary change tonight and I am so excited!

I changed our flight to Florida to land in Orlando instead of Fort Myers and now we are going to MVMCP on Friday December 20th. The change meant a $350 refund on our flights a $200 reduction in car rental fees and a $50 difference in the cost for taxis to the port in MIA. So in total about a $600 savings and an unexpected trip to Magic Kingdom before heading down to SW Florida for Christmas. The kids have no idea, now we have to decide about whether to tell them or keep this a secret.... hmmm. I need to book a hotel or rent DVC points for 1 night as we want to stay nearby MK that night.

Off to plan some more! Yay!!! I know almost nothing about the MVMCP so I will have lots to do.

It's so funny how our Disney trips just come together like this all the time. Amazing! Pixie dust or what?! ::yes::

Just added a request to join the Facebook page :)

A friend of mine wanted to get on board - TONS of rooms available, but the price was nearly $500 more for the same class room? Makes no sense?

Did anyone read Deb from allears.net review on the ship? Seems there are still a few details to be worked out? Hmmmmmm....

Just added a request to join the Facebook page :)

A friend of mine wanted to get on board - TONS of rooms available, but the price was nearly $500 more for the same class room? Makes no sense?

Did anyone read Deb from allears.net review on the ship? Seems there are still a few details to be worked out? Hmmmmmm....

How can you tell there are tons of rooms available?

We just made a quick itinerary change tonight and I am so excited!

I changed our flight to Florida to land in Orlando instead of Fort Myers and now we are going to MVMCP on Friday December 20th. The change meant a $350 refund on our flights a $200 reduction in car rental fees and a $50 difference in the cost for taxis to the port in MIA. So in total about a $600 savings and an unexpected trip to Magic Kingdom before heading down to SW Florida for Christmas. The kids have no idea, now we have to decide about whether to tell them or keep this a secret.... hmmm. I need to book a hotel or rent DVC points for 1 night as we want to stay nearby MK that night.

Off to plan some more! Yay!!! I know almost nothing about the MVMCP so I will have lots to do.

It's so funny how our Disney trips just come together like this all the time. Amazing! Pixie dust or what?! ::yes::

YAY! THat's great!

But good luck trying to rent DVC :worried: I'm having no joy at all for the 27th to the 2nd. It's waiting list only.

I'm glad the ship is not so full yet. Although its puzzling why they didin't offer an IGT price.

I'm sure the ship will be in good shape by the time we sail. All the kinks will be worked out. :grouphug:

** I am here right now and Publix has them at 4 for $12 ( 12 pack ) **

Josee.

Ok, then. Maybe it was just that week in April then. We went the same week, 2 years in a row.

Sorry for assuming the worst.

btw I checked availability on this cruise by putting in different kinds of reservations. There are only cat 9';s and cat. 5's available for a family of 4 but a family of 3 still has alot open except Concierge. However, a family of 3 is now paying what I paid for 4. So yeah, price went up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter