01/02/2014 Disney Magic 3 Night - Miami

Yes, I am rolling the dice (but willing to pay)... Don't need four, need two and three... So far there was a little increase about a week ago, but holding steady since then... Lets see what the next few days bring!

Just checking in with everyone! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty busy, but nice. I went up to an outlet mall in Wisconsin (I live in Iowa) and knocked out 98% of my Christmas shopping. Just a few gift cards left to pick up, then I am done besides wrapping. :cool1: The scenery up there was GORGEOUS, a lovely fall day for a drive.

So has anyone booked any excursions, spa activities or other activities yet for the cruise? What does everyone like doing on board? Are you a "relax on the deck" type of person/family, or do you like to be "on the move" and always doing something? I am more of a relaxing type of person; nothing I like more that sitting on those deck chairs, reading a book! :beach:

Have a great week, all!

We are planning on riding waterslides, eating, relaxing and maybe checking out a movie in the theatre. We are not planning on getting off the ship this time. Just spending the very brief 3 days relaxing as much as possible.
We haven't booked any spa, palo or shore excursions. I may do a spa thing when we get on the ship. We love to eat dinner with the kiddos each night so a Palo dinner is out, I really wish they had brunch... ;) (am I whining again?)
I bought 2 pirate costumes today and when I got them home and had the kiddos try them on that DS9 didn't fit in his costume... but I did!! :rotfl2: so I have just scored myself a manly pirate costume. It was so funny having the kiddos try them on because they don't know we are going on the cruise yet and they didn't even think twice about the pirate costume thing... thank goodness for Halloween next week. I hope we can keep this cruise under wraps until Christmas morning. SOoooooooooooooooo hard.:rolleyes1

Our cruises are Christmas surprises too! My teens know about it, but my youngest doesn't, and will be most excited!
We were planning on just a little exploring in Key West, but my childhood best friend, not knowing I was going to be away, invited me to join her and another friend in KW for a few days... so, while I had to turn down the invite, we are now going to hang for a few hours on the private yacht they are staying on! Woohoo!

Our cruises are Christmas surprises too! My teens know about it, but my youngest doesn't, and will be most excited!
We were planning on just a little exploring in Key West, but my childhood best friend, not knowing I was going to be away, invited me to join her and another friend in KW for a few days... so, while I had to turn down the invite, we are now going to hang for a few hours on the private yacht they are staying on! Woohoo!

Private Yacht... tough life:rotfl2: That sounds awesome!! How are you surprising your youngest? We have had several plans over the past few months but our most recent plan (and this could change again...) is to put some tshirts, personalized journals, etc... in a box with some Disney helium balloons. When they open it one balloon will say, we are going on the Magic!! I would also just love to hang a DCL ornament on the tree and let them find it. So many options.... We originally wanted to just take them to the boat and watch their reaction but I also want to let them be excited about it for a few days before we board... Such a 1st world problem... :rotfl2:

Hi, my parents and I (I'm 16) are going on this cruise!!!! We really want to do FE. My parents don't drink so they wouldn't want to do the mixology class. We would want to do a group meet. (forgot what they are called.) My last cruise, there was a google doc set up for FE. I would be willing to set it up.
We haven't booked excursions yet. I think we're going to do the sail,snorkle, kayak out of key west. This is my sixth Cruise!!! First one as gold!!!!

Hi, my parents and I (I'm 16) are going on this cruise!!!! We really want to do FE. My parents don't drink so they wouldn't want to do the mixology class. We would want to do a group meet. (forgot what they are called.) My last cruise, there was a google doc set up for FE. I would be willing to set it up.
We haven't booked excursions yet. I think we're going to do the sail,snorkle, kayak out of key west. This is my sixth Cruise!!! First one as gold!!!!

:welcome::welcome: to the fun!!!

:welcome: trj010014!

Congrats pixiedust: on making Gold. That was a big deal for my boys! They loved the Gold Lanyards and the crew commenting on them.

I will gratefully take you up on your offer to set up a google doc for FE! :worship::worship::worship: I don't use google docs at all and I asked my sons to help me with it but they are too busy, apparently.

When we get closer to everyone hitting the road or air, can I call upon you to set up a Facebook Page for us as it's much easier to add to that on the fly that post on the dis. When is everyone else's leaving date? We hit the road December 25th. We can open the page on the date the first group of us leaves for Florida, so we can travel with them virtually!

I will add you guys to roll call and FE when I get to work. Right now I"m rushing out the door.

Regarding the mixology class, we need 25 people to get a private one. We have to provide our room numbers, it's 25 dollars and you'll be charged whether you show up or not. I'm still game, but can we get to 25?

Roll Call (updated 10/28/13)

krazy4crusing-me, dh ds9 dd4 (ontario)
pershing-myself single mom of 3 ds's, will be 19, 17 and 15 (massachusetts)
gigi1313-mom, dad, daughter turning 19 on cruise, son 16 and little son 5! (new york)
DCLinauguralxmas- there are 7 of us (indiana)
barbeaujo-myself, dh, dd (12), et ds (9) (quebec)
mickeysgirlz- myself, dd14 and dd9 (10 on jan 29) (south florida)
dubois family-dw, dh, dd (12), dd(14)
dwgal210-db, da, du, 4 dc's, & da's parents (iowa)
trj010014-dm, dd
mygr8kdz-DSpouse?,DD19, DD16, DS13 and DS11
dizny4eva-DD18

FE List Updated (10/28/13)
gigi1313
barbeaujo
pershing
mickeysgirlz
krazy4crusing
dclinauguralxmas
trj010014
dizny4eva

Private Mixology Class(need at least 25 people)
1-pershing

I fixed some of the Capitalization on these quotes. As you can see from my username, I am really lazy about capitalizing.

Hi Everyone,

Booked this a while ago and debated about moving it a few times, but we are paid in full, so I guess it is a go! We are surprising the kids (DD19, DD16, DS13 and DS11). I hope I can keep it a surprise. I was thinking of making up some kind of rebus puzzle and having it made into a jigsaw for them to figure out. Not sure yet.

I had the privilege of sailing on the 2-nighter last weekend. If any of you are following blogs online, you may have seen mention of some glitches. The new areas are beautiful and we were fortunate to not have any issues, but several folks had plumbing and electrical problems. Our Palo server candidly said that most of the crew was of the impression they should have cancelled that sailing as well. It was a lot of work in a short time! The kids clubs are amazing and any little Marvel fan is going to be in pure heaven. They did a great job on After Hours. I think the AquaLab is a great improvement and as for the AquaDunk - I'll take everyone's word for it :) I took the photos and bought my roommate a recovery beverage ;) There were a lot of little unfinished touches around but I am sure all will be perfect for us!

Oooh, I was just about to post a question re: the "new" Magic... is the "secret deck" on Deck 7 aft still there, and available to the public??

:welcome:party: I am glad to hear you had fun on the 2 day cruise. I have been concerned about the bad reviews but then again our trip is still a long way out. I wonder about which shows they will have on the 3 day and what the big deal is about Animator's Palate and the new show... I live under a rock apparently.:lmao:
Hi Everyone,

Booked this a while ago and debated about moving it a few times, but we are paid in full, so I guess it is a go! We are surprising the kids (DD19, DD16, DS13 and DS11). I hope I can keep it a surprise. I was thinking of making up some kind of rebus puzzle and having it made into a jigsaw for them to figure out. Not sure yet.

I had the privilege of sailing on the 2-nighter last weekend. If any of you are following blogs online, you may have seen mention of some glitches. The new areas are beautiful and we were fortunate to not have any issues, but several folks had plumbing and electrical problems. Our Palo server candidly said that most of the crew was of the impression they should have cancelled that sailing as well. It was a lot of work in a short time! The kids clubs are amazing and any little Marvel fan is going to be in pure heaven. They did a great job on After Hours. I think the AquaLab is a great improvement and as for the AquaDunk - I'll take everyone's word for it :) I took the photos and bought my roommate a recovery beverage ;) There were a lot of little unfinished touches around but I am sure all will be perfect for us!

Hi - my daughter (18) and I will be on this cruise. It will be our 5th but I just found out about FE's. Can someone explain how it works and who do we sign up with. Sounds like a lot of fun!

:welcome:party: I am glad to hear you had fun on the 2 day cruise. I have been concerned about the bad reviews but then again our trip is still a long way out. I wonder about which shows they will have on the 3 day and what the big deal is about Animator's Palate and the new show... I live under a rock apparently.:lmao:

I'm thinking time will be on our side and everything should be worked out by January. I don't want to spoil any surprises regarding Animator's.... ;)

ETA - As for shows, we had Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams

So I started the google doc and this is what i have so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...h5UUZTWTFDZU1XZENDTEoxZkE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
If I forgot something, feel free to add it...
I'm going to go do the facebook page right now.

Ok, I don't know how to add my info to the google docs. My kids are laughing at me and won't help!:furious: Do I need a gmail address? Ok, now my son is helping. he wants to know if you 'gave' permission in the link? I've tried to add but can't. :worried:

Hi Everyone,

:welcome: Are you a TA? I thought that was a TA cruise.

Hi - my daughter (18) and I will be on this cruise. It will be our 5th but I just found out about FE's. Can someone explain how it works and who do we sign up with. Sounds like a lot of fun!

:welcome: dizny4eva!! Yeah, another single mom for once! Usually I'm the only one!

I didn't try and sneak a peek , but was told it was off limits :(

Darn! I love that area!

Roll Call (updated 11/1/13)

krazy4crusing-me, dh ds9 dd4 (ontario)
pershing-myself single mom of 3 ds's, will be 19, 17 and 15 (massachusetts)
gigi1313-mom, dad, daughter turning 19 on cruise, son 16 and little son 5! (new york)
DCLInauguralXmas- there are 7 of us (indiana)
barbeaujo-myself, dh, dd (12), et ds (9) (quebec)
mickeysgirlz- myself, dd14 and dd9 (10 on jan 29) (south florida)
dubois family-dw, dh, dd (12), dd(14)
dwgal210-db, da, du, 4 dc's, & da's parents (iowa)
trj010014 (16)-dmom, ddad
mygr8kdz-DSpouse?,DD19, DD16, DS13 and DS11
dizny4eva-DD18 (Florida)

FE List Updated (11/1/13)
gigi1313
barbeaujo
pershing
mickeysgirlz
krazy4crusing
DCLInauguralXmas
trj010014
dizny4eva

Private Mixology Class(need at least 25 people)
1-pershing

Facebook Group Page that trj010014 put together. :) January 2nd, 2014 Cruising on the Magic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter