•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I hope this is true!!!!! We love staying CL and was my main reason for not wanting to do DVC! If the cost is reasonable, it would definitely be something we’d add on to our stay!

I'll be curious to see the cost. When booking non-DVC rooms, we rarely book club level because the cost doesn't work out for us, given how often we'd figure we'd actually use it. But it sure is nice on the occasions that we have booked club rooms, so not having the option was also one of the cons for me of buying into DVC. So I'm guessing that we'll rarely choose to use the club service, but I'm curious about the cost and love that the option will be available. Options are good! ::yes::

I love your new picture, by the way. Is that you sipping a mimosa at the Grand? Living the good life!

I'll be curious to see the cost. When booking non-DVC rooms, we rarely book club level because the cost doesn't work out for us, given how often we'd figure we'd actually use it. But it sure is nice on the occasions that we have booked club rooms, so not having the option was also one of the cons for me of buying into DVC. So I'm guessing that we'll rarely choose to use the club service, but I'm curious about the cost and love that the option will be available. Options are good! ::yes::

I love your new picture, by the way. Is that you sipping a mimosa at the Grand? Living the good life!

Yes I totally agree! If the price is right, we’d definitely consider the add on! What a nice perk for DVC members!!! And yes, you’re correct about the picture!!!!!!!! It was beautiful! (And thank you!)

I was curious if any of the regulars on this group have tried the CC pull out sofa beds yet? If so, are they comfortable for a week stay for adults, or children only? The couch from the videos I've watched look decent.

the description of the Reunion Station is kinda vague. There is something similar to this at AK, right? Can anyone tell us about that?

the description of the Reunion Station is kinda vague. There is something similar to this at AK, right? Can anyone tell us about that?

AKL has actual DVC rooms on their CL floor (Main building). They must use points to get CL. There are only like 5 rooms total!!

Reunion Station is a totally separate building and will permit both CCV and BRV DVC members to get CL Service at an additional fee. There will also be activities just for DVC members (at a fee too!)

Last edited:

Just want to say we are here at CC for our first stay as owners (our September trip got cancelled due to Irma), and we are in love! Our dedicated studio on the 6th floor is perfect (with a great pool/lake view) and every cast member has been amazing! We only have a small contract here but have already decided we will be adding on. It’s wonderful!

Just want to say we are here at CC for our first stay as owners (our September trip got cancelled due to Irma), and we are in love! Our dedicated studio on the 6th floor is perfect (with a great pool/lake view) and every cast member has been amazing! We only have a small contract here but have already decided we will be adding on. It’s wonderful!

Happy you’re having a great time!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Great to hear that! I can't wait until our first stay in February (4 nights). I've decided that we'll hang out at the resort allot.

I am currently staying at VWL and I must say that it's great to be at WDW at this time of year, and especially anywhere on the Wilderness Lodge campus. The lobby is its usual glorious self with the tree and decorations, and the Christmas music has replaced the usual western themed music of the Lodge. Just beautiful! :santa:

It is also great to see the area much busier than the past few years. The addition of CCV will make this entire resort run much closer to capacity. While this may be a little painful with longer waits at restaurants or finding pool chairs, it is great to see Wildnerness Lodge hustling and bustling again. I think Disney is definitely seeing the payback for their big makeover at this resort! :thumbsup2

We're here at WDW, staying at VWL (which some insist on calling BRV) and having a great trip.

I took a stroll down to the last cabin on the south side, and wanted to share what @sleepydog25 has alluded to with the distance of the farthest cabins.

So I walked to the end of the cabin path on the southern side and found this sign. I guess they have to re-name the buffet restaurant at Fort Wilderness and move it to this location.

End of trail.jpg

It is quite a hike from the last cabin (2026), and here's a picture from in front of it looking back at VWL. I circled the roof line of the END of VWL (farthest from Wilderness Lodge lobby) to let people see what kind of distance we are talking about.

VWL from last cabin.jpg

Even when I walked up 6 cabins to 2020, I had not quite reached the end of VWL.

VWL from 2020.jpg

So when Sleepy tells people it is a bit of a hike...he ain't exaggerating! :)

They did do a nice job adding holiday festivities to the walkway, so it was a pretty walk.

Decorated Post by cabins.jpg

This is in no way intended to disparage the cabin locations. I just wanted to reinforce @sleepydog25 's point when he talks about the distance from the lobby and boat dock for the most remote cabins. Since some people are concerned about long hallways and such, I wanted to share this for no other reason than clarification.

The cabins are beautiful, and maybe one day we will stay in one if we are lucky.

Not trying to be Donny Downer. Love the WL at Christmas. We wandered through on Friday evening, sat a little while at the fireplace in the DVC building, wandered the path along the cabins, shopped a bit and then wandered into the main lobby. Wow it was a noisy madhouse just after 7. I guess a lot of folks waiting for dinner but we were still surprised as we had last been there previously during a much more tranquil time - I think mid day on a weekday. Beautiful spot though and looking forward to a CCV or BRV stay.

Not trying to be Donny Downer. Love the WL at Christmas. We wandered through on Friday evening, sat a little while at the fireplace in the DVC building, wandered the path along the cabins, shopped a bit and then wandered into the main lobby. Wow it was a noisy madhouse just after 7. I guess a lot of folks waiting for dinner but we were still surprised as we had last been there previously during a much more tranquil time - I think mid day on a weekday. Beautiful spot though and looking forward to a CCV or BRV stay.

We have noticed a significant increase in WL crowds during this stay, especially compared to the last couple of years when it was under construction and half of WL was empty. It is nice to see the lobby so lively again, and I'm sure the CM's in the lounge and restaurants are happy too! But yes, I agree that it was a bustling place the last few evenings. Personally we like a busy lobby and then we can retreat to the quiet of our rooms...especially quite down at VWL.

We have noticed a significant increase in WL crowds during this stay, especially compared to the last couple of years when it was under construction and half of WL was empty. It is nice to see the lobby so lively again, and I'm sure the CM's in the lounge and restaurants are happy too! But yes, I agree that it was a bustling place the last few evenings. Personally we like a busy lobby and then we can retreat to the quiet of our rooms...especially quite down at VWL.
Yes our thoughts too. Just didn’t expect it. But you make a good point - we were there last Christmas and a significant portion of the inventory was off the market - I hadn’t connected those dots. So we too will likely choose BRV to stay if we can and enjoy the best of both

Oh and a quick question as you will know- we were observing the BRV rooms from the lake side and noticed the “double balconies” on the top floor. Are those all dedicated 2BR’s?

Is the "trail" from the Lodge to Fort Wilderness still open ?
We have a stay in a CC Studio (with walk in shower) in January and would love to take a walk over to FW for the Trails End buffet .
I know we can take the boat if needed, but we enjoy walking .....
OH, any ideas on a room request for the CC rooms ? Was thinking about requesting high (or highest) floor and center courtyard view .
Thanks !

Oh and a quick question as you will know- we were observing the BRV rooms from the lake side and noticed the “double balconies” on the top floor. Are those all dedicated 2BR’s?

Yes, pretty much all of them are dedicated 2BR on the top floor. They also have slanted ceilings in the living room and bedrooms since they are tucked under the roof line.

maps-a-photos-98121

Is the "trail" from the Lodge to Fort Wilderness still open ?
We have a stay in a CC Studio (with walk in shower) in January and would love to take a walk over to FW for the Trails End buffet .
I know we can take the boat if needed, but we enjoy walking .....
OH, any ideas on a room request for the CC rooms ? Was thinking about requesting high (or highest) floor and center courtyard view .
Thanks !
Well-l-l-l-l, that's a bit of a trick question. Yes, the paved bike path--that starts at the junction of all the walkways outside the south door of the main Lodge--still exists. In fact, now it's "sponsored" by New Balance since NB has a map of the route right at the start. However, and those who know me from the Groupies thread would expect me to say this, the actual nature trail that used to start by Teton Boat & Bike Rental is GONE. . .they paved paradise and put up a parking lot. Where that trail used to be is roughly now where the walkway to the south side cabins travels, and if you look at Granny's excellent pictures in post #612 above, you'll see that the first shot shows how they've now completely closed off that trail. Back in July, our last time to visit and just a couple of days before CCVC opened, that fence wasn't up so you could still walk down what was left of that sandy path. I'm glad we did now that they've gone and ruined that trail for me. I have run many miles along that path and loved that it was quiet and full of solitude, plus it didn't give you the pounding that pavement does. So, yes, you can still walk to FW from VWL. . .but you can't run or walk along the nature trail. . .so. . .they. . .think. . .

@Granny: Thanks for the gorgeous pictures. It does look as though the did a nice decorating job along that pathway. And, as you found out, it is a haul back to the Lodge. I love the way you circled the farthest out VWL rooms section and how that alone looks distant. Once you get there, you still have a good walk ahead of you. As you say, if you're concerned with long hallways and such, keep this distance in mind. @Granny, did you see if there was an entrance at that end of the VWL building? There's one on the north side that allows you to at least go into the north wing of the main Lodge and work your way to the lobby in case it's raining or scorchingly hot.

I wanted to follow up on something I'd posted earlier in this thread. I previously advised a new CCV member with a guaranteed week that they'd lose the extra point charge if they let the system book the guaranteed week, and then they cancel it later. @KAT4DISNEY thought I was wrong about that, and happily, Kathy was correct. I did decide to cancel my 2018 fixed week at the Poly. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do so online, so had to call Member Services. It was a bit of a pain, because the first person I spoke with had to follow up with her lead, and the whole call took about half an hour. They said the cancellation was "complicated" due to getting the extra points properly credited back. But at the end of the call, I have 15 extra points that I thought I'd never see again. :thumbsup2

Anyway, just wanted to correct my bad advice.
Congrats! pixiedust: That holiday guaranteed week studio may well be gold! No better place for the holidays than Wilderness Lodge.

Here's a guaranteed week tip from someone who recently learned the hard way: If you don't want to use your guaranteed week for the coming year, make sure to call and cancel the auto reservation before the 1 year prior point, when the auto-reservation happens. I got lazy this year for our guaranteed week (week 43 at the Poly), thinking I'd just cancel it online without having to call (because I hate to call), but found that they take the extra points in a separate transaction. So if I cancel/reschedule that 2018 reservation now, I'm still out the points upcharge. I should have known that, and maybe you already know it, but I thought I'd share my mistake in case it helps someone else. I'll spend a few minutes to make the phone call from now on! :laughing:

I'll admit that it is very nice to get a "welcome home" email and guaranteed booking 1 year out, especially during the busiest DVC season.

Thanks Kat, good to know! Good advice, as always. I actually haven't decided when I want to go next fall/winter, and might keep that week as it includes the Wine and Dine marathon in 2018. I'm loving the reports I've seen of this year's race. I'll figure it out soon (decide when I want to go, check booking trends if I decide to go that week), and will report back what happens if I do cancel.

Well-l-l-l-l, that's a bit of a trick question. Yes, the paved bike path--that starts at the junction of all the walkways outside the south door of the main Lodge--still exists. In fact, now it's "sponsored" by New Balance since NB has a map of the route right at the start. However, and those who know me from the Groupies thread would expect me to say this, the actual nature trail that used to start by Teton Boat & Bike Rental is GONE. . .they paved paradise and put up a parking lot. Where that trail used to be is roughly now where the walkway to the south side cabins travels, and if you look at Granny's excellent pictures in post #612 above, you'll see that the first shot shows how they've now completely closed off that trail. Back in July, our last time to visit and just a couple of days before CCVC opened, that fence wasn't up so you could still walk down what was left of that sandy path. I'm glad we did now that they've gone and ruined that trail for me. I have run many miles along that path and loved that it was quiet and full of solitude, plus it didn't give you the pounding that pavement does. So, yes, you can still walk to FW from VWL. . .but you can't run or walk along the nature trail. . .so. . .they. . .think. . .

Thats what I thought ......... :sad: . Too bad , was a great "nature" walk , that was quiet and away from the crowd . Seeing Granny's picture was what tempted me to ask . I was afraid after seeing that gate in place, it would now be closed.

Ahhhh.........I remember , back in the day . we rented one of those Surrey bikes and headed off onto that sandy path . Suffice to say, it was not a pleasant ride trying to pedal one of those Surrey bikes through the sand ........ especially when we looked down to see why it was SO hard to pedal, only to see the kids feet sticking out in the air and NOT pedaling !!! :headache::rolleyes::eek:
Promptly returned it, and traded it in for a Pontoon boat rental , lol ! :rotfl2:

Still joke about it to this day ........although we have never rented a Surrey bike again !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter