Delete Thread

XSmod97l.jpg
This is a huge plate of food! It looks really good. I've stayed at this hotel a couple times, but never ate here. I might need to stop by on my next trip.

This looks really good. It's nice they gave you two cherries.

This is a huge plate of food! It looks really good. I've stayed at this hotel a couple times, but never ate here. I might need to stop by on my next trip.

It was! We also passed it by a couple times and we don’t usually bother with the pool bars but this was really good!

Holy nachos, those things were huge!

Yes they were much bigger than I thought they’d be!

Wow those nachos were huge that’s a great price too

It was a great price for so many! Like I said a family of 4 could easily share these for a meal.

This is so pretty! What a fun mimosa!

On the way back to the table we witnessed a large group (of adults) throw those popping/smoking noisemakers on the ground while cheering and yelling.

Why would grown adults do this in a restaurant anyway? So bizarre

This looks amazing! I might have to go with the two entree thing as well!

I'm sorry your brunch was disappointing. You'd expect the waiter to be super attentive at such an expensive meal. I hope that isn't the norm now. I also can't believe they just told Josh they don't accommodate allergies. What??! It's $80, at Disney, on what planet would they not accommodate allergies?!

So sorry to hear brunch was a bust for you. I wonder if the time made a difference for the experience. We've only done it once, but had an early ADR (1030 I think) and it never felt crowded. Hopefully they just aren't putting more people in the restaurant as that will definitely skew the experience.

I always love your reviews! That's too bad about your brunch. I have gone back and forth about booking the brunch but when I look at the menu items there are so many of the same over at Grand Floridian Café for a fraction of the price. I know the view is not the same at GFC but I can't justify the price for the food options.

What a bummer about the brunch! I appreciate your honesty on your reviews and it helps to get a realistic expectations about restaurants and food. I wanted to do it on my November trip but it overlaps with the free dining dates (which I don’t qualify for because we are staying at CR) which means it’s all booked up. Sounds like I’m better off skipping it this time and saving it for the next trip where hopefully they will get their act together. We haven’t had the brunch there yet but I would be so disappointed if my first time was like your recent experience. It seems like that’s how it will be if it’s so booked already.

Oh Rarven, that sucks! So disappointing! We have ressies to do the brunch again in October..
However, we just had dinner there again a few days ago and I felt the service wasn’t as good. I also disliked the fact that our waiter only pointed out the high end offerings as being good...

How disappointing! You are right, it is a signature restaurant and with that price tag the service and the quality should be better.

Sorry that your brunch was disappointing. We were there on 5/20 and loved it. Our waiter was phenomenal and that was a big reason we enjoyed it so much. We had 6 adults, and I wonder if being a party of only 2 can cause service to slip with the check being so much less.

Crepes Suzette were a big thing in the 1960s. The sauce is made with sugar, butter, orange juice & rind and Grand Marnier. If you don’t orange flavor, it’s not going to be something you’ll like. After our brunch, I looked up Julia Child on YouTube and watched her make the dish. She makes it look so easy, but I’m pretty sure I’d burn down my house if I tried to flambé.

Anyway, we loved our brunch and the crepes Suzette, and I wish you had too. For what you pay, you should be absolutely thrilled with your meal there.

Josh ran into some issues ordering as it seems they're less willing than they were to accommodate allergies (or at least his specific allergy), maybe because it was busier than before? But for the price of this brunch, I feel like they could offer the option to modify a couple of the dishes. But when he asked the waitress said: "you can have steak or an omelet". So he got the:

This is so disappointing!! I wonder if it's a restaurant-wide issue now, or if it was just that server? I'd like to think that if the chef had actually seem him they'd be more accommodating, but maybe that's just how it is now? I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot as an allergy diner or anything, but I expect that if there aren't a lot of options for me on the menu that they'll be willing to work with me a little bit.

The only reason we'd book something so expensive is because we think it's worth it, and we didn't feel that way at all when we finished. We felt like when the popularity increased they decided to put more emphasis on booking as many people as possible, and turning over tables as quickly as possible which turned this from a dining experience that seemed well worth the money into just an average meal that costs $80 per person.

I'm so sorry to hear this! And also concerned. We have it booked for August. Not sure now whether I'll keep it. I probably will, but I'm really disappointed by the service they gave you guys!!

But when he asked the waitress said: "you can have steak or an omelet"

After we finished eating we still hadn't seen the waitress. In fact no one had even come over to refill our empty water glasses or ask us how anything was the whole time we were eating. At this point I felt like it was pointless to mention the steak since I didn't want a new piece, or to order anything else.

"we don’t have anything separate for allergies because all our desserts come from a bakery so maybe we could bring you some fruit"

UUUUMMMMMM, no. That sort of disregard for a guest with allergies, combined with the "service" you received, or rather didn't, might be ok at Red Lobster, but you have more than every right to be SUPER upset. I know you said you tweeted guest services, but you should really consider emailing them. And try and give them that young lady's name. Having had such a great experience last year and to have returned for this is unacceptable. Not to mention what your server said is BS, and the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Josh had a great meal last year, you guys deserved the same, if not better this year.

OMG, I'm so enraged for you! I was a server/bartender/manager for close to 10 years, it can be stressful, but it's not brain surgery. I have zero patience for that sort of attitude from servers.

I remember your review and Vlog and how wonderful not only the food but the whole experience was
It really seemed like this trip the service was lacking especially for the price

Jeez, that sounds like such a disappointing brunch, especially for the money you paid. Any time I've ordered a steak in a restaurant, thy come back quickly to see if I like how it's cooked, there's no excuse for her not coming to check on you guys. And poor Josh's dessert :sad2:

I missed our ADR there last October and I have one again for this October but I'm not sure we'll make it because we check out that day and I don't want to be drinking Mimosas and then driving to Port Canaveral. I was going to see if I could make a change to make it work somehow, but maybe not, after reading this.

Sorry to hear the brunch was not like the first time. Disney and consistency with restaurants do not go well! It is hard to get at times there! It is unfortunate especially with the high price of some places, like the brunch,

It sounds like they were not real receptive about Josh’s allergy either, that is a bummer. We have never been to CG. I have read really mixed reviews on the place but the brunch had been pretty positive.

Just joining in and loving the report! We've not been to Universal but the Elvis french toast might change that! Yum! Can't wait for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter