Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Jess I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your trip reviews. It's awesome to hear from someone who loves Disney as much as I do :)

it, you ask!? Well, after a lot of contemplation and discussion, we are arriving in Disneyland on DECEMBER 30TH, 2012 and staying until JANUARY 8TH, 2013! WOOOOOHOOOOO
-YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

-That's so exciting!!!!! I wish I could go on vacation! My parents just can't afford it right now :( We've really only been on two family vacations: one to DW and the other to New Mexico....
-I would totally read a trip report!
-Holy gorgeous sunset pictures!
-170 minutes......for test track...that.is.insane...
-I love Yak and Yeti!
-The potstickers look really good! I didn't get those!
-Me and my mom shared the shrimp lo mein! We thought it was delicious!
-I wanted those wontons SO FLIPPIN BAD! But....me and my mom were so stuffed that we couldn't take another bite...so we didn't end up getting it :(
-Ummm....I need that Ariel towel!
-ANIMAL KINGDOM CREWNECK?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! I need that!

Wow! Just got caught up after a week. First I was sad your Disneyland trip was canceled and then as I read on see that not only are you going again but also going to Hilton Head. Very nice!!!!
Just so you know - I am definitely interested in a TR from there.
Oh and you inspired me to get a new camera. I really love the pictures that your camera takes and my husband has been complaining about what horrible pictures my little point and shoot takes so I will be looking into getting a new camera very soon.

So glad you already have new plans for Disneyland! That works out good too because you'll be able to see the Christmas Decorations there. Hilton Head sounds fun..it will be a nice time to relax since Disney can be so tiring! I would love to see a TR for Hilton Head..I don't know anything about it!
Those pictures of the sunset are so incredibly gorgeous!! Seriously amazing!!
How many time did your dad and brother go to ESPN?? haha its seems like they are there every couple posts!

AGH!! I'm away from the DIS for a few days and I miss so much! :scared1: Time to play catch up!

First, I was so sad to hear about your Disneyland trip being postponed. But then I jumped for joy :yay: when I read it was rescheduled for the holidays! That is gonna be so much fun!

Second, should you write a TR for Hilton Head? :idea: DUH! YES!!! ;) I've always wanted to hear about it. Plus you have such a following here, everyone will want to know!

Third, your day at Epcot. WOW!!! :scared: DH and I have been in August and thought Disney was "kind of" crowded then. Holy cannoli! It's like there was no breathing room! But I am so glad you got to go to all the story tellers! :santa: I think we'll try and fit that in while we're there! And the sunset pictures were soooooooo beautiful!! :cloud9:

Finally, Yak and Yeti! Uh....YUM!!!! I had heard the food was good, but you and your mom's stuff looked awesome!! Might need to add that place one of these days!

Great update(s), Jess! Still learning so many wonderful tips from your TR that will help with our upcoming trip! Thank you so much!!

I've read all of your trip reports! I love them soo much! I think I've commented before..but I don't remember or know where it is if I did (I'm a newbie to this site) :P but I just wanted to say that you're awesome and have inspired me to write trip reports of my own! and I also think we live in the same area?? Anyway this site tells me I have to post 10 times before I can post pics on my own...but once I can you should totally check out my trip report (though it's totally lacking food pics) :( lesson learned!! Haha

Hey Jess!

I just had a question for you. How often do you update your trip journal during the day on a trip? I'm doing a TR for my upcoming trip and I'm not sure how often I should write stuff down.

Thanks for your help :goodvibes:

Great update! And wonderful news about all the new vacation plans!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

-YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

-That's so exciting!!!!! I wish I could go on vacation! My parents just can't afford it right now :( We've really only been on two family vacations: one to DW and the other to New Mexico....
-I would totally read a trip report!
-Holy gorgeous sunset pictures!
-170 minutes......for test track...that.is.insane...
-I love Yak and Yeti!
-The potstickers look really good! I didn't get those!
-Me and my mom shared the shrimp lo mein! We thought it was delicious!
-I wanted those wontons SO FLIPPIN BAD! But....me and my mom were so stuffed that we couldn't take another bite...so we didn't end up getting it :(
-Ummm....I need that Ariel towel!
-ANIMAL KINGDOM CREWNECK?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! I need that!

I'm so excited!
At least you've been to Disney!
Good to know!
Thank you!
Aww I'm sorry you didn't get the won tons! I always seem to have room for dessert in Disney... unless I'm hitting a food wall near the end of my trip.
Haha good finds, right!?

Wow! Just got caught up after a week. First I was sad your Disneyland trip was canceled and then as I read on see that not only are you going again but also going to Hilton Head. Very nice!!!!
Just so you know - I am definitely interested in a TR from there.
Oh and you inspired me to get a new camera. I really love the pictures that your camera takes and my husband has been complaining about what horrible pictures my little point and shoot takes so I will be looking into getting a new camera very soon.

Haha sorry I've been speeding ahead! The pace is slowing down now, though, since there won't be a new DLR trip report for a little while.
Haha that's exactly how I felt! Except my reaction about the cancellation of Disneyland was a little more traumatic. :laughing:
Good to know!
Oh yay! If you want to go all out and get a DSLR, I have a Nikon D3100. It is VERY nice and I would recommend it! However, it is pricey so it depends on what you're looking for!

So glad you already have new plans for Disneyland! That works out good too because you'll be able to see the Christmas Decorations there. Hilton Head sounds fun..it will be a nice time to relax since Disney can be so tiring! I would love to see a TR for Hilton Head..I don't know anything about it!
Those pictures of the sunset are so incredibly gorgeous!! Seriously amazing!!
How many time did your dad and brother go to ESPN?? haha its seems like they are there every couple posts!

Me too! I'm SO glad! This is working out wonderfully. I am really excited to go there because we haven't had a "relaxing" vacation in a while now! I don't know anything about it either so I would love to report back to you guys!
Thank you!
Hahaha let's just say they went to ESPN Zone as many times as I went on Toy Story Mania :rotfl: Hahaha they always end up going there. My Mom and I go on a vacation to Disney World and they go on a vacation to the ESPN Zone :lmao:

AGH!! I'm away from the DIS for a few days and I miss so much! :scared1: Time to play catch up!

Haha I'm sorry about that! I'm slowing down the pace now, though, so I hope it'll be a little easier to keep up with!

First, I was so sad to hear about your Disneyland trip being postponed. But then I jumped for joy :yay: when I read it was rescheduled for the holidays! That is gonna be so much fun!

Aww thanks! I know, I'm SOOOOO excited. I can't even believe it! :yay: I think this is working out even better!

Second, should you write a TR for Hilton Head? :idea: DUH! YES!!! ;) I've always wanted to hear about it. Plus you have such a following here, everyone will want to know!

Haha as long as I have time, I would absolutely love to!

Third, your day at Epcot. WOW!!! :scared: DH and I have been in August and thought Disney was "kind of" crowded then. Holy cannoli! It's like there was no breathing room! But I am so glad you got to go to all the story tellers! :santa: I think we'll try and fit that in while we're there! And the sunset pictures were soooooooo beautiful!! :cloud9:

Haha oh yeah, that is Disney crowds at their worst right there. I'm glad too - it was such a nice day! I would recommend seeing them for sure! And thank you!

Finally, Yak and Yeti! Uh....YUM!!!! I had heard the food was good, but you and your mom's stuff looked awesome!! Might need to add that place one of these days!

That Lo Mein is INCREDIBLE! We didn't go to Y&Y for the longest time, and then once we finally did we realized that we had really been missing out!!

Great update(s), Jess! Still learning so many wonderful tips from your TR that will help with our upcoming trip! Thank you so much!!

Thank you! Aww I'm so glad that the TR is helpful and that you're enjoying it! You are welcome - thank YOU for your compliments and for reading! I really appreciate it!

I've read all of your trip reports! I love them soo much! I think I've commented before..but I don't remember or know where it is if I did (I'm a newbie to this site) :P but I just wanted to say that you're awesome and have inspired me to write trip reports of my own! and I also think we live in the same area?? Anyway this site tells me I have to post 10 times before I can post pics on my own...but once I can you should totally check out my trip report (though it's totally lacking food pics) :( lesson learned!! Haha

Aww thank you! Writing trip reports is really fun! It's time consuming but I LOVE doing it, so it's worth it to me! Haha do we really? That would be awesome! I hope you get your TR up and running soon!

Hey Jess!

I just had a question for you. How often do you update your trip journal during the day on a trip? I'm doing a TR for my upcoming trip and I'm not sure how often I should write stuff down.

Thanks for your help :goodvibes:

Honestly, the key to keeping a trip journal is updating it periodically throughout the day. I always try to write in it on the bus, at restaurants, while I'm waiting in line, while I'm chilling at the pool, etc. If I wait until the end of the night, I never get stuff written down and end up getting behind. I don't know how many times exactly, but I would say as many times as possible! Pretty much whenever you have "down time."

Honestly, the key to keeping a trip journal is updating it periodically throughout the day. I always try to write in it on the bus, at restaurants, while I'm waiting in line, while I'm chilling at the pool, etc. If I wait until the end of the night, I never get stuff written down and end up getting behind. I don't know how many times exactly, but I would say as many times as possible! Pretty much whenever you have "down time."

Thank you! I know you have said at restaurants before, so I will do that and all the other times you suggested. :thumbsup2

I definitely think you should do a trip report for Hilton Head! My family and I have considered vacationing there before and I would love to hear your opinions of the place!!

I totally agree, you have to do a trip report......

Soo I have a question for you!
How do you get your pictures on here normal sized?
I'm starting to put pictures on..but they are huuuuge! I'd rather not everyone see my every flaw hahah :P
I uploaded my pics to photobucket..and even when I resize them there, they still come up ginormus on disboards!

Soo I have a question for you!
How do you get your pictures on here normal sized?
I'm starting to put pictures on..but they are huuuuge! I'd rather not everyone see my every flaw hahah :P
I uploaded my pics to photobucket..and even when I resize them there, they still come up ginormus on disboards!

I actually use imageshack.com and under where you upload the picture, you see "Image Resize." I just chose the option "640x480 (for message boards)" and that's it :)

Thank you! So are you saying do a separate trip report or put it within this one? haha

I actually just found a place where you can put a separate trip report, so separate one. You can check out the forum right HERE. I think if you tell everyone on this TR where it is, you'll get tons of readers over there. Though I think it would be nice if you kept it in this TR too

LOL thanks. I use a Nikon D3100 and I use iPhoto to make them look even better! I LOVE that camera!

I know... that's all they do! They aren't huge "Disney" people but they put up with it for me and my Mom! At least there's something for everybody!

Eh, riding rides wasn't my main concern. I knew that my Dad and brother wanted to go on it so I let them ride. Thank you!

Oh wow, you have the camera I've been looking for. Sorry find that sorta funny.

Aww, that's so sweet! I wish my family was like that, they just don't care because they know I'll be the one to most likely make a compromise.

Makes sense, well, I guess that's the way to go sometimes.

I have so many pluto things lol. He has been my favorite since I was 12! (if not before!) And yes, I am quite the pro souvenir shopper!

Yet another reason why we need to trade pins lol

Me too! I'm SO glad! This is working out wonderfully. I am really excited to go there because we haven't had a "relaxing" vacation in a while now! I don't know anything about it either so I would love to report back to you guys!
Thank you!
Hahaha let's just say they went to ESPN Zone as many times as I went on Toy Story Mania :rotfl: Hahaha they always end up going there. My Mom and I go on a vacation to Disney World and they go on a vacation to the ESPN Zone :lmao:

HAHA well as long as they're happy I guess! Although I'd much rather go to Toy Story Mania 100 times then ESPN. My brother inlaw really wants to go to ESPN in September so I did set time aside for that...I'm not into sports at all but I'll go wherever there is food :)

YAYYY Jess I'm so glad your Disneyland trip is rescheduled! :dance3: Now you will get to see Disneyland during the holidays too! That's perfect!

DOUBLE YAY for going to Hilton Head, too! I've always wanted to go there! That sounds like the perfect relaxing vacation that your dad is hoping for! :goodvibes

I'm so glad you're still going to see Preston and everything worked out for the best. You're such a great person, and you deserve as much Disney happiness as you can pack into your life, so this is such wonderful news! :hug:

Ohh I love Yak & Yeti! Those wontons...yeah. You pretty much described them perfectly!

AHH I got a Pluto pillow pet on my trip! I love it so much! I sleep on him now instead of a regular pillow. He's so soft!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter