Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Wow! Those morning pictures!! Very stunning! I love early morning photos!

Yay for riding TSM 7 times!!! :cool1: That's impressive!

Holy Goodness, that Mickey waffle looks so good.

I love that crewneck!!!! How creative!!!! :thumbsup2

I just love your trip report :)
Thank you so much keep up the great work:)

We were there the same time as you we had a lovely 21 nights over christmas so much so that i want to go again in 2014 at christmas

You always find the best crew necks! I love that one with all the different letters, talk about perfection!!

Those sunrise pictures were so perfect too!! So beautiful to see the beauty created by the hand of God painted over the beauty dreamt by Walt. INCREDIBLE.

OMG LOVE that Mickey Bar antenna topper you got for Nat. I LOVE DISNEY ANTENNA TOPPERS!! The Mickey Bar ones are rare I think. I saw one in my home state once in a parking lot and saw the driver getting out and was like "Man, I could sure go for a Mickey Bar right now!" and he was surprised I even knew what it was because most people don't. :confused3 Um...okay. Apparently the people in my state must be miserable since they don't know the wonder that is a Mickey Bar.

OMG are those chocolate chips on the Mickey waffle Yum factor!

I was fascinated with the crew neck shirt. I was wanting to see if I could recognize the letters from their origins and then (of course!) you included the list of the location of each letter. So fun! And then it is so easy to picture each letter in the park locations. I now love that shirt. :lovestruc
The sunrise pics are really amazing. I saw a sunset once that I will always remember that looked similar to that. I would love to see another one that pretty and especially if it was in disney where the pics would be more special.

Wow! Those morning pictures!! Very stunning! I love early morning photos!

Yay for riding TSM 7 times!!! :cool1: That's impressive!

Holy Goodness, that Mickey waffle looks so good.

I love that crew neck!!!! How creative!!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you!
I know that was crazy! I can't wait to see the final count!
It was DELICIOUS!
I know... it is my FAVORITE! That is the most brilliant shirt ever created.

I just love your trip report :)
Thank you so much keep up the great work:)

We were there the same time as you we had a lovely 21 nights over christmas so much so that i want to go again in 2014 at christmas

Thank you! You're welcome - thanks for reading it!
WOW 21 nights!? That's unbelievable! I hope you get to - it sounds wonderful!

You always find the best crew necks! I love that one with all the different letters, talk about perfection!!

Those sunrise pictures were so perfect too!! So beautiful to see the beauty created by the hand of God painted over the beauty dreamt by Walt. INCREDIBLE.

OMG LOVE that Mickey Bar antenna topper you got for Nat. I LOVE DISNEY ANTENNA TOPPERS!! The Mickey Bar ones are rare I think. I saw one in my home state once in a parking lot and saw the driver getting out and was like "Man, I could sure go for a Mickey Bar right now!" and he was surprised I even knew what it was because most people don't. :confused3 Um...okay. Apparently the people in my state must be miserable since they don't know the wonder that is a Mickey Bar.

Haha aww thank you! I always have my eye open!
Thank you! I know, it really is incredible! Things all come together. :goodvibes
Thank you! I love them too! Hahaha that's really funny. Only some people are Disney people, I suppose!

OMG are those chocolate chips on the Mickey waffle Yum factor!

Yes!

I was fascinated with the crew neck shirt. I was wanting to see if I could recognize the letters from their origins and then (of course!) you included the list of the location of each letter. So fun! And then it is so easy to picture each letter in the park locations. I now love that shirt. :lovestruc
The sunrise pics are really amazing. I saw a sunset once that I will always remember that looked similar to that. I would love to see another one that pretty and especially if it was in disney where the pics would be more special.

Isn't it so cool!? I stared at it for so long when I bought it!
Thank you! I know, I love those types of sunsets/sunrises! They sky can be pretty darn incredible!

AHHHH YAY!!! I'm so glad Disneyland was officially rescheduled! That might be even better!!!!

Omg the chocolate chip Mickey waffle looks like heaven.

Your CR/BLT pics are making me cry because I miss it so much already and my heart ughhhhh.

I looooove that sweatshirt. I want one.

Those sunrise pictures are seriously PERFECT. Between seeing all of your Contemporary pictures and reading Marissa's tweets this past week... I WANT TO STAY THERE SO BADLY! The fact that you can walk to the Magic Kingdom AND you have the monorail right there is pure heaven. :cloud9:

Woo hoo for getting to DHS so early and scoring awesome fastpasses... AND getting to ride it twice in one morning! :thumbsup2

That Disney World sweatshirt is adorable!

Two more things added to my "to eat/to buy" list haha! That cookie looks delicious. I love warm chocolate chip cookies. I never knew they had those there, just assumed it was all ice cream (which is delicious!). And, the crew neck is amazing! I love that. I have never seen it before. I'll have to keep my eye out next time I go! Thanks for adding pictures of what you bought! I love Disney merchandise/shopping so I'm always happy to see when pictures are posted!

Moving on...the sun rises are gorgeous. Wow. Really can't say much else. Beautiful. I love the picture with the mickey wreath and the fog over the water. Gives me chills. I want to be there now haha.

I am so impressed by your toy story mania ride count and enthusiasm!

I never knew they had outside bus companies come in during Christmas week. It makes sense though! I never thought about it. Even though your bus wasn't a true Disney bus it was still something different, ya know? That doesn't always happen riding a nonDisney bus in Disney! Something new. Haha.

I kept the tag so I could tell you which letter belonged to which sign:
W – World Drive Entry Sign
A – The Haunted Mansion
L – The Land Pavilion
T – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

D – Dumbo the Flying Elephant
I – Innoventions
S – Splash Mountain
N – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park Sign
E – Space Mountain
Y – Universe of Energy

W – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
O – Dinosaur
R – Pirates of the Caribbean
L – Tomorrowland
D – Disney’s Hollywood Studios

dsc0083mn.jpg

Yes, it seriously is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Plus it was fun trying to identify where all the letters came from. OMG I have to say it again, that shirt is seriously awesome.

AHHHH YAY!!! I'm so glad Disneyland was officially rescheduled! That might be even better!!!!

Omg the chocolate chip Mickey waffle looks like heaven.

Your CR/BLT pics are making me cry because I miss it so much already and my heart ughhhhh.

I looooove that sweatshirt. I want one.

Me too! I seriously can't even wait! :banana:
I wish I was awake to eat it! It looks AMAZINg!
Oh my God, that feeling will not go away. Every time I see a picture of it I yearn for this trip. I MISS IT SO MUCH! ps I can't wait for your trip report!!
Thank you! I wonder if they make them anymore! :confused3

Those sunrise pictures are seriously PERFECT. Between seeing all of your Contemporary pictures and reading Marissa's tweets this past week... I WANT TO STAY THERE SO BADLY! The fact that you can walk to the Magic Kingdom AND you have the monorail right there is pure heaven. :cloud9:

Woo hoo for getting to DHS so early and scoring awesome fastpasses... AND getting to ride it twice in one morning! :thumbsup2

That Disney World sweatshirt is adorable!

Thank you! Omg it's absolutely the best resort on this planet! It's my favorite. I hope you get to stay there someday! Just being there is like a dream come true!
YES that was very productive!
Thank you!

Two more things added to my "to eat/to buy" list haha! That cookie looks delicious. I love warm chocolate chip cookies. I never knew they had those there, just assumed it was all ice cream (which is delicious!). And, the crew neck is amazing! I love that. I have never seen it before. I'll have to keep my eye out next time I go! Thanks for adding pictures of what you bought! I love Disney merchandise/shopping so I'm always happy to see when pictures are posted!

Oh my goodness, that cookie is incredible! I would have never known if my Dad didn't order one before! Thank you! I don't know if they make it anymore but it was such a good find! It's my favorite! Haha I always try to post souvenir pictures because I love them too!

Moving on...the sun rises are gorgeous. Wow. Really can't say much else. Beautiful. I love the picture with the mickey wreath and the fog over the water. Gives me chills. I want to be there now haha.

Thank you so much! So do I. I miss that trip so much!!

I am so impressed by your toy story mania ride count and enthusiasm!

Thank you! It's my favorite ride!!

I never knew they had outside bus companies come in during Christmas week. It makes sense though! I never thought about it. Even though your bus wasn't a true Disney bus it was still something different, ya know? That doesn't always happen riding a nonDisney bus in Disney! Something new. Haha.

Yup they do! There are so many people that they need all the help they can get!

Yes, it seriously is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Plus it was fun trying to identify where all the letters came from. OMG I have to say it again, that shirt is seriously awesome.

Haha I'm so glad you enjoyed looking at the picture! It's my favorite shirt that I own!

I was just reading the chapter where you rent a car and take many pictures of the road signs. And of course, I had to sing a classic road song:

Infinite bottles of pop on the wall
infinite bottles of pop
You take one down, pass it around,
infinite bottles of pop on the wall!

*repeat ad nauseam* (since there are infinite bottles of pop on the wall, even if you take one down, there are still gonna be infinite bottles of pop.)

I'm so excited!
I am too!!!!!!!

At least you've been to Disney!
Very True!

Aww I'm sorry you didn't get the won tons! I always seem to have room for dessert in Disney... unless I'm hitting a food wall near the end of my trip.
It's okay :) I am going to Yak and Yeti JUST for those next time!

Haha good finds, right!?
AMAZING finds! Have you checked out my youtube channel? It's youtube.com/pink1234star I do hauls and different stuff all the time and I'm pretty sure you would like it!

-That might be the beautiful sunrise I've ever seen :) It was gorgeous!
-BAM! That is awesome!
-I prefer to call it serious skill :)
-GO JESS!!!!!!!! I feel like you are going to end up winning something from Disney because you'll get the high score of all time :)
-Ouch! That's not cool Disney, not cool....
-Oh no! Not a cold! I had a really bad cold when I went to Disney my freshman year....needless to say trying to sleep was not fun!
-I seriously love Earl of Sandwich! I tried for the first time on my last trip and had The Full Montaqu with no tomato, lettuce, or mustard sauce, and it was still delicious!!! I can't wait to try their other sandwiches!
-That cookie looks so yummy!
-I have had my eye out for the "have a magical day shirt"! I want one!
-I LOVE that scarf! So cute!

I NEED that sweatshirt! I hope I can find it in September!

I hope they still make it!

I was just reading the chapter where you rent a car and take many pictures of the road signs. And of course, I had to sing a classic road song:

Infinite bottles of pop on the wall
infinite bottles of pop
You take one down, pass it around,
infinite bottles of pop on the wall!

*repeat ad nauseam* (since there are infinite bottles of pop on the wall, even if you take one down, there are still gonna be infinite bottles of pop.)

Now that's stuck in my head :rolleyes:

I am too!!!!!!!

Very True!

It's okay :) I am going to Yak and Yeti JUST for those next time!

AMAZING finds! Have you checked out my youtube channel? It's youtube.com/pink1234star I do hauls and different stuff all the time and I'm pretty sure you would like it!

-That might be the beautiful sunrise I've ever seen :) It was gorgeous!
-BAM! That is awesome!
-I prefer to call it serious skill :)
-GO JESS!!!!!!!! I feel like you are going to end up winning something from Disney because you'll get the high score of all time :)
-Ouch! That's not cool Disney, not cool....
-Oh no! Not a cold! I had a really bad cold when I went to Disney my freshman year....needless to say trying to sleep was not fun!
-I seriously love Earl of Sandwich! I tried for the first time on my last trip and had The Full Montaqu with no tomato, lettuce, or mustard sauce, and it was still delicious!!! I can't wait to try their other sandwiches!
-That cookie looks so yummy!
-I have had my eye out for the "have a magical day shirt"! I want one!
-I LOVE that scarf! So cute!

Thanks!
Hahaha some people get like 500,000 though! When I'm a cast member I will need to learn the tricks!
Gotta love DTD!

Ahhh I am so happy you got to reschedule your Disneyland trip!
This just give you more time to plan and daydream about it, which we all know is half the fun :goodvibes
And Hooray for Preston and Hilton Head! I love when everything works out, even if it's not the original plan.

Good work father for committing to the early morning TSM dash! So proud!
Those pictures of the early morning sky and fog are STUNNING!!!
Disney you are too freaking perfect!
I always take 10 million photos of sunrises and sunsets at Disney because they always manage to be beyond picture perfect!
Something about those Florida skies, they know what it's all about.

Yes cupcakes and all sweet pastries are perfectly acceptable breakfast foods at Disney!
End of story.

I like that you are so disgusted with the FP return time. Rightly so. Eww all the way! Don't they know you're trying to get your ride count up?

Your jumper is so freaking cute!! And so clever! and you say its comfy?
Triple threat! Hope it's there my next trip :thumbsup2

Ahhh perfectly timed buses are my favourite! That AND driving through the gates for the first time- best feeling everrrrrr!

Omg. Part of me wants to experience the magic of Disney at Christmas. Part of me gets a panic attack just thinking about it. I should research when the best times to go to get the optimal Disney Christmas experience without all the crowds would be. First week of December, I suppose?

Speaking based on my experiences, the first week of December is the least crowded. Have been there for many years during that time, for example, Dec 3-10, or Dec 1-8, Dec. 10-17 (okay, it's not the first week, but it has been LESS crowded than Christmas). I wouldn't go at any other time.

Cira said:
Speaking based on my experiences, the first week of December is the least crowded. Have been there for many years during that time, for example, Dec 3-10, or Dec 1-8, Dec. 10-17 (okay, it's not the first week, but it has been LESS crowded than Christmas). I wouldn't go at any other time.

Agreed. That is the time of year we usually go. All the decorations are up and the crowds are low. Just double check when Pop Warner Championships are (this year is 11/30-12/8 ) but we have gone during that time and crowds were still low

Oh what a beautiful morning for a TSMM mad dash! You got some really nice picturesque mornings/sunrises on this trip! I love the fog rising off the water, so pretty. These are the reasons why I need a nice DSLR camera like you so I can get such pretty pictures lol :thumbsup2 to getting early enough TSM FPs and getting in a nice ride too. I can now see why you loved this ride so much this trip.

Mmmm, that Apple Danish looks good! I know now where I'm going to go for a sugar infused breakfast: Starring Rolls! :thumbsup2 to another cool pin, I'm sure, but I'm sorry to hear you got such a late FP. Oh well, at least you have one since it sounds like those crowds were NOT letting up :sad2: And that bus ride you had does not sound pleasant. Ugh, this is a reason why in Disney they use their own buses for the most part. ECK!

Awww, no fun being sick in Disney, but at least you felt okay enough to take a nap. I probably would feel too guilty about it since, like Kristen, I stick by my rules: No sleeping in Disney! :hyper: YAY FOR MICKEY WAFFLES!!!

Oh gosh, first you taunt me with the ways of the Schoolbread, the Starring Rolls... EVERYTHING! And now you show me EoS. Oh, it looks so good! I really hope they have one in DLR, if the trip goes through (*still crossing fingers*). Oh and that cookie! I miss Ghirardelli so much, especially since I never got to have any of their ice cream or their allegedly scrumptious cookies.

Forgetting to shop?! UN-ACCEPTABLE JESS! Well, at least you made up for it in one trip. I love the sweatshirt especially since I see some Haunted Mansion recognition on it <3 And that's awesome how you got all your friends Christmas gifts there. Maybe that's what I'll have to do when I have money lol :thumbsup2 to getting three new pins especially one being of the Imaginative kind ;) Sorry though you got stuck in another long wait. Don't people know there is a girl sick in Disney!

Can't wait to read about the rest of your day! :mickeyjum

Thanks!
Hahaha some people get like 500,000 though! When I'm a cast member I will need to learn the tricks!
Gotta love DTD!

-No problem :)
-I know right! I'm going to do the same thing :)
-DTD is amazing <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter