• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Favorite Bag to Take to the Parks?

We usually just use a travel backpack and we were able to fit all our food, passes, diapers, etc I to it. Next time we go we'll have two toddlers so ill next more space. Ill probably bring my juju be packabe diaper bag. Tons of room, still stylish and it can be worn as a very comfortable backpack :)

This is the one we use too. The only things we don't like about it are the lack of structure in the main part and that after a while we have to shorten the strap because it slides a bit. Other than that, we love it (especially that little "cell phone pocket" on the strap - PERFECT for tickets, fastpasses & ID!). Most of the time I have my husband wear it though and I wear this (normally the most I carry anywhere is chapstick, maybe an extra hair elastic lol DL requires a bit more so I've broken down and carry this).

DH wears a small backpack. Either a mini adult one like Eddie Bauer often offers. Or a child sized LL BEAN or Eddie one (the staps have always been fine, expecially if he just uses one shoulder). This bag is big enough for snacks, a video camera or our large SLR a cuople sweatshirts, water bottles on the outside etc.

I carry a Vera Bradley cross body. This is a link to their new version. It's big enough for tissues, lipgloss, iphone, small point and shoot and sunglasses. I keep it on my body and never take it off. I also buy the small zipper flat wallet and attach it to the strap so I can get to my passes, cash, etc fast.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/...iantId/176415/pc/638/c/0/sc/883/p/1001725.uts

DS is almost 12 and carries a mini crossboday bag from Manhatten Portage.

http://www.manhattanportage.com/catalog/product_info.php/city-lights-bag-p-66

The bag is basically the same size as mine. He carries, tissues, his iphone, sunglasses, m&m tube of pennies and a few pins. He can also fit in a water bottle if he just leave it a little unzipped. He also had one of those mickey water bottle holders he can use on the strap if needed. But usually DS carries the water.

Getting DS his own little bag was the best thing I ever did! NO more of him asking me to pass him this or that or to hold this or that. He also just wears it cross body and keeps it on for almost every ride.

I started with one of these for my camera (my lens collection has since outgrown it)
http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Veloci...8&qid=1363723122&sr=8-4&keywords=tamrac+sling
81Qk7ik7AJS._SL1500_.jpg

It wears like a backpack, but easily swings forward to access it. It would be perfect for a camera with no spare lenses, a few purse items, some snacks and a water bottle. It also has a waist strap to help support it if you feel it is too heavy or wiggly.

Both my DH and I used the MEC pod sling pack someone mentioned earlier - they are great (but only available in Canada), especially for not taking up much room on rides. My kids both carry a pack - the Disneyland cinch drawstring backpacks - just enough so they can be responsible for their own junk they want to haul along with them...

I love the minimalist approach - especially with no stroller to throw everything in. I find the main thing you need in DLR is money and it does not weight much at all!! :cool1:

My sis and I both use Baggallini's - we picked different styles. Some styles can be worn regular or adjusted for cross-body. Since they are nylon they don't easily get wet from rides and can be wiped off quickly.

We usually use a backpack since we have to have stuff for the kids. I just got a 31 wristlet for use as my "purse" on vacation, the inside has room for cards and cash and there is a pocket on the outside for a cell phone. It fits easily in the backpack then or in my video camera bag along with my point and shoot. My mom got a nice bag for her DSLR that can be used crossbody or on one shoulder and puts a small wallet in there too. I think she just got it at Best Buy.

Just poking around the different links people have posted and via the mountain equipment link, I came across these :http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Packs/WaterproofPacks/DryBags/PRD~5003-652/mec-pocket-dry-bag.jsp

which are very reasonably priced and would be great for taking electronics on the wet rides without worry. I missed an awesome photo op with a joyriding Preying Mantis who hitched a ride with us on GRR because I didn't take my camera or phone. I rue that decision to this day. :sad:

I also love that they have lefthanded slingpacks as both DH and I are lefties. :crazy2:

although it means I have to wait for the bag checkers, I'm a fan of my good ole high school Jansport with my "clubbing" wallet in my front hip pocket (yea I don't go clubbing- but when I bought it Mom teased me that it looked like something a girl would take with her to the club- just big enough for my ID, debit/credit card, lip gloss and $20). I carry my notebook with me everywhere- you never know when you'll need to write, and its great for Character Signatures as well. Plus my camera and a sweater.

Just remember- if you carry something on your back- DO NOT put money in it. The one and only time I've ever had my wallet stolen was at Disneyland. I was 14, and stupidly wore one of those tiny backpacks. I never felt the guy un-clip it and take the wallet and all $50 I had in it. So always put a clip through the zippers or put something awkward on top of your valuables- or keep money in your front pants pocket.

I use the bagallini uptown bag. I love it! It keeps everything in one place and there is an outside back pocket that's great for money and cards. I never felt like it was too heavy and I could fit a water bottle in it.

Favorite Bag to take to the parks - that's easy, the wife of course ;)

Before you hate, consider the humor in the above statement!

I've taken my Heys backpack for years traveling, and it's great for my bad back, as it evenly distributes the weight. On my trip this year I'm taking that and my Heys cross body bag, as it also distributes the weight of it evenly. I find both to be very comfortable, and can walk for hrs without my back getting sore.

I am another huge Vera Bradley Hipster fan. They are GREAT for the parks. Big enough, but light weight. I have used it on 5 WDW/DL vacations and everything we have needed for all 6 of us has fit. They are coming out with cute Disney ones too. Not sure when they will be available. Love how they have little Mickey and Minnie's on them! :) Also, I have thrown bottles of water in mine!! :thumbsup2

If you buy another bag be careful of magnets. I had an Keen bag that I took on our first trip to WDW and it had a magnet on the front that kept deactivating our tickets! Just a warning. I had to have them reissued several times before someone told me it was the magnet in my bag. After that I had to have DH hold them for the whole trip. It was annoying. So avoid bags with magnets at all costs!! :goodvibes

Good luck on your bag search and keep us updated on what you end up with! I'm a bag junkie myself, so I love seeing recommendations and reviews!

For the Vera lovers - here's some great news! In the Fall of 2013, Vera is coming out with a Disney design! Woo hoo!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/03/disney-inspired-handbags-and-accessories-by-vera-bradley-to-bloom-this-fall-at-disney-parks/

Our family likes using the kid's classic LLBean school backpack. It's easy ergo-friendly (padded straps/back), lots of niches and pockets for storing things and big enough for ponchos/food/water/park accessories. I normally febreeze it and wipe it down post trip to keep it clean and ready for school.

We forgo the wallets and use clear badge holders (you can buy a 10 pack for under $5 at a supply store) and clip them to lanyards. We have one holder for each family member and it fits a KTTW cards (and keeps available for scanning through the plastic), 2 cards (debit/credit), ID, some cash (I hide it in between cards so it's not visible) and easily accessible for fast passes. We are also pin collectors, so the lanyards serve dual roles for pin collecting!

I really should not have read this thread.

I don't typically care for Vera Bradley bags but am really liking the Clare style now ugh. And as long as I stick to the "sale colors" tab, I can justify THOSE prices ;-)

awdsmama....Vera Bradley will also send you a $20.00 coupon for your birthday, so make sure you sign up for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter