Your Favorite Bag to Take to the Parks?

CaliDisneyMama

Mouseketeer
I have a few purses (ok, maybe I have twenty; don't judge :rotfl:), but none of them are suitable for theme parking it up. I don't even remember what I used the last time we went, but nothing that I have will work this time.

I want a crossbody bag, probably messenger style, I think. I need to be able to fit my Nikon in it on at least one of the days we're there (the rest of the time I'll just be taking photos with my little cheapie camera and/or my phone), so it's got to be somewhat roomy. Other than that it's mostly little things: phone, ID and cards, sunblock (I have freckles; sunblock is ALWAYS with me), chapstick... you know.

Since the weight of the bag will be all on one shoulder or the other, obviously the strap should be relatively comfy. And did I mention that I'm picky? I've been scouring websites, looking for something that I like, and I'm just not finding anything. Let me clarify. I'm not finding anything that I like, that doesn't cost $250. Something in the $40-$60 would be ideal, a little more than that would be ok if it was a REALLY super sweet bag, and less than that would be crazy awesome.

I'm an Etsy girl (I have a shop of my own), and I love supporting the handmade/artist community. So, I'd love to buy something in that vein, but I'm getting desperate at this point, so it definitely does not have to be handmade. Bonus points if you know of an etsy/big cartell/etc. shop that sells something that would fit the bill, though! :thumbsup2

So, what do you use? Care to give me some ideas that I can go google, pretty please? :flower3:

TIA :worship:

Check out the Vera Bradley crossbody bags. I bought one last summer (the Hipster) and it was great (soooo great) as my Dland trip bag. I paid $49.99 but some of the fabrics can cost $60.00. It is v light weight as it is made from quilted cotton. And it is also cooler than my synthetic backpack or my regular leather purse - both of which become too hot and sticky during a summer visit. Also I was never worried about getting the Vera B bag wet on GRR or Splash. It dried v quickly and looked no worse at all for the wear. It has lots of nice zipper pockets inside and out and a very comfortable shoulder strap. Plus there are lots of fabric patterns to choose from to match what every wardrobe mood you might be in. I love that purse, and it is my go-to vacation bag.

That bag is adorable. Unfortunately I don't think my camera will fit in it. I may get one anyway, though. Oh, DH is going to be thrilled :laughing:

Check out the Vera Bradley crossbody bags. I bought one last summer (the Hipster) and it was great (soooo great) as my Dland trip bag. I paid $49.99 but some of the fabrics can cost $60.00. It is v light weight as it is made from quilted cotton. And it is also cooler than my synthetic backpack or my regular leather purse - both of which become too hot and sticky during a summer visit. Also I was never worried about getting the Vera B bag wet on GRR or Splash. It dried v quickly and looked no worse at all for the wear. It has lots of nice zipper pockets inside and out and a very comfortable shoulder strap. Plus there are lots of fabric patterns to choose from to match what every wardrobe mood you might be in. I love that purse, and it is my go-to vacation bag.

That actually looks like it will fit my camera, and it looks comfy, too. I'm not digging the fabric options and I'm not really very fond of the quilting, but I may just have to get over that.

Did I mention I'm picky? ;)

Bagallini makes some great cross body bags, messenger style included. They are lightweight, water resistant, well thought out and planned. I carried one all over New Zealand with no issues and have a smaller one i carry in Disney.

Another vote for Baggallini. I was able to fit my Nikon plus alot of other things in mine. I bought the Baggallini Messenger Bagg on Amazon for about $32

Right now the TJ Maxx near me has a bunch of Baggallini bags at less than half price. Don't know if all TJ Maxx's have them but it might be worth a look.

Holy cute, Batman!! That's adorable! Love it!!

Usually, I carry a crossbody like the Le Sportsac bag linked above. Mine is a Fossil knock-off from Target. Super cute, but totally won't fit a dSLR camera.

When carrying my camera, I bring my Crumpler. The price point may be a little higher than you're looking to spend, but they're the best "discreet" camera bags ever.

I bought a purse called "The Sak" from TJMaxx for probably $40 last year for a trip to DW. (Here is one very similar: http://www.amazon.com/The-SAK-Casua...TF8&qid=1360304829&sr=8-4&keywords=sak+purses )

I have been through several fanny packs (eeech!) and another purse...but found this one really worked for me. This woven texture was really comfortable wearing cross-body- especially the strap. I took it EVERYWHERE for the 7 day trip and never once was my shoulder sore (like before). It comfortably fit all my goodies/necessities- chapstick, camera, small sunscreen, wallet, mint/gum, and even a small water bottle. :-) I did keep several things in zip-lock bags for extra protection for the water rides. Loved it! Hubby broke the zipper pull on it trying to close it for me, not realizing something was stuck in the zipper. The zipper still works though! I am hoping to either fix the zipper pull or buy another one before next month's trip. :-) It is cute too and the one I bought (the camel/beige color) matches everything too. :cool1:

Right now the TJ Maxx near me has a bunch of Baggallini bags at less than half price. Don't know if all TJ Maxx's have them but it might be worth a look.

I just bought a Baggalini at TJ Maxx for my trip to DLR the first week of March.A small one, and it was only $19.99!

I swear by Tom Bihn bags. I would post a link but apparently I don't have enough posts. It's tombihn.com. Look for the medium Cafe Bag under Messenger Bags. They're made in Seattle, super light and durable. And hold a ton!

I second the Vera Bradley (although I use the backpack, not the crossbody style). The fact that the quilted material is so light means no extra added weight once you get all your stuff in it. They do have some more muted color options, too.

Another vote for Vera Bradley Hipster. But on the pattern/quilting ... I used to agree ...

My sister won a Vera in a golf tournament at least ten years ago. We laughed that it was the ugliest thing we'd ever seen. But then she realized how functional, wearable, and FUN they are. We now each own several. But, I felt much better about buying them before she moved manufacturing to China (and kept the same high prices).

If you don't like the pattern, a lot of her bags are now available in black.

I will be taking a sling pack from mec http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Packs/SlingPacks.jsp. Mine is smaller than what's available right now, and is dark purple with grey trim. I take it whenever we'll be gone all day somewhere, like the zoo, the local amusement park, the fair, hiking. It holds everything I need it to, is super convenient, and quite comfortable as long as I'm not carrying 5 bottles of water.

I have a couple different Baggallini bags that I like for the parks. This one is my favorite for when I'm bringing my digital SLR: http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/messenger-sling-bagg-crinkle-nylon/47360?productid=914690

The only thing is that it doesn't have any padding for around the camera, so I usually have a little extra bulk from my padded insert. But otherwise I love it!

I have this Baggallini too and it has been around the world (Disney World, Disneyland. and the real world) with me. If I need a bag with a water bottle holder, this is the one I take.

I just bought a Piazza Day Bag for DD13 to carry on our Disneyland trip next month, The water bottle pocket on the outside is smaller than I like, but there are inside pockets with elastic to hold a bottle upright.

I think either of these bags would carry a good-sized camera.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter