Your Favorite Bag to Take to the Parks?

OMG, I just found this while looking for Made in USA handbags (and note that the really cute ruffled fanny from Etsy is Malaysian -- boo). Anyway, maybe nobody else's style but I LOVE: http://www.seatbeltbags.com/mini-messengerblack.html

I LOVE Harvey's Seatbelt bags, there are even some great Disney and Nightmare Before Christmas prints. They're pretty spendy but another thing is the fact that before you even put anything in them they're really heavy.

TippyThai on etsy has really cute, big, custom, functional bags (but they are also not made in the USA). I was recommended when I was looking for a cute diaper bag, but it sounds like something similar might work for your camera & other purposes.

I LOVE Harvey's Seatbelt bags, there are even some great Disney and Nightmare Before Christmas prints. They're pretty spendy but another thing is the fact that before you even put anything in them they're really heavy.

I wondered about the weight on the Harvey's bags. They have some cute styles but I don't want to start out with a heavy bag and then add stuff to it to take to the park. I like the Dooneys too, but again heavier than I would like for a park bag.

I think the Baggallini type bags would be very functional and I have a couple I bought at TJ Maxx.
I now plan to use my new Lesportsac bags in the new Mickey & Minnie print and the It's A Small World collection. I like that they are lightweight and durable.

I just bought this for my essentials:
http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-and-minnie-mouse-kasey-bag-by-lesportsac/mp/1325602/1000291/

Since I have to bring kid stuff too, it goes in a backpack, but this won't leave my side.

I ordered this and it just arrived. Super cute! And, if anyone is wondering, the backpocket is big enough for an epi-pen.

However I need to buy a new wallet if I want to carry this bag because mine is way too bulky to use with this one. Hmm.

I ordered this and it just arrived. Super cute! And, if anyone is wondering, the backpocket is big enough for an epi-pen.

However I need to buy a new wallet if I want to carry this bag because mine is way too bulky to use with this one. Hmm.

I have a big wallet that I carry every day. I also bought a small "travel wallet" at Walmart for trips that only has room for a couple credit cards, my license, and cash. I leave all of the store/library/business cards at home.

PHXscuba

I have a big wallet that I carry every day. I also bought a small "travel wallet" at Walmart for trips that only has room for a couple credit cards, my license, and cash. I leave all of the store/library/business cards at home.

PHXscuba

You mean I don't need my Rite Aid card and library card at Disneyland? :confused3

:rotfl:

Good idea!

DisSarahK said:
You mean I don't need my Rite Aid card and library card at Disneyland? :confused3

Good idea!

This is hilarious, I just got my disneyland wallet together last night, and today I went to rite aid, oops no card. Let me let you in on a secret, they let you use your phone number! ;)

I have this bag from Keen.

http://www.zappos.com/keen-taylor-13-messenger-bag-midnight-navy

I like that it's somewhat water resistant. The front closes either with just the velcro or you can hook it on the inside to make it difficult for someone to just open it up without you noticing. There is a small zipper pocket on the outside that's great for tickets, cash, cards.

I wear it cross body style and fit my DSLR plus an assortment of other junk in it. I bought mine at REI if you want to check them out in person.

I will be taking a sling pack from mec http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Packs/SlingPacks.jsp. Mine is smaller than what's available right now, and is dark purple with grey trim. I take it whenever we'll be gone all day somewhere, like the zoo, the local amusement park, the fair, hiking. It holds everything I need it to, is super convenient, and quite comfortable as long as I'm not carrying 5 bottles of water.

I have the MEC big pod and its my fav for DL. easy to whip it around to the front and grab things out for the kids while in line, as opposed to hoisting down a big backpack. It also works great to position it frontwards on rides. Hubby has a ful slingpack with many more pockets and gadgets, but for me the bag itself is at least double the weight and I prefer the lightweight since I carry A LOT! When we go to the parks alone I usually just have a small coach swing back or similar.

Although I have the LeSportsac bag mentioned above, I actually plan on taking this Keen bag:

http://www.ebags.com/product/keen/adele-computer-bag/238340

(this is not the best price for it though) I have it in the green color and it is a fabulous bag! Technically it is a computer bag, but I did not buy it to use it as such. I used it all summer as my bag because I could tuck my DSLR in it while I took my kiddos to fun outings--as well as snacks, epi-pens, etc. Basically all the same stuff I would need for a day at Disneyland.

*Love* this bag! I can put it over my should or use it as a cross-body bag. I've received lots of compliments on it, too.

I prefer a backpack style bag but would love the material of a bagellinni(sp?). I find the cross body bags make my shoulder sore. Does anyone have any suggestions for this type of bag? Don't want it to big but like to take a few snacks, 2 bottles of water, camera and money, cards,passports etc.

Thanks for all the great recommendations!! I have several bags that I'm debating with myself about now :thumbsup2

You guys are great! :lovestruc

Good idea!

Yes, but you might want your AAA card (for discounts), medical insurance card and if you are driving, your auto insurance card. But I am happy to leave behind the business credit card, business debit card, warehouse cards, etc. too.

I keep most of my discount and punch cards in my glove box to lighten the wallet.

PHXscuba

I second the recommendations for MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) like some others have said if you have access to it. I went to look for a link to my current travel bag, but I couldn't find it. Perhaps that's because I bought it back in 1997! Since then it's been around the world twice, to 47 countries on four continents during my 20's, then served four years as a diaper bag and is now my zoo/field trip/theme park bag. It's nothing fancy, just a plain black bag, but it's super durable, carries a crazy amount, is easy to access and the weight always feels balanced and comfy. They make awesome stuff.

I have a few purses (ok, maybe I have twenty; don't judge :rotfl:), but none of them are suitable for theme parking it up. I don't even remember what I used the last time we went, but nothing that I have will work this time.

I want a crossbody bag, probably messenger style, I think. I need to be able to fit my Nikon in it on at least one of the days we're there (the rest of the time I'll just be taking photos with my little cheapie camera and/or my phone), so it's got to be somewhat roomy. Other than that it's mostly little things: phone, ID and cards, sunblock (I have freckles; sunblock is ALWAYS with me), chapstick... you know.

Since the weight of the bag will be all on one shoulder or the other, obviously the strap should be relatively comfy. And did I mention that I'm picky? I've been scouring websites, looking for something that I like, and I'm just not finding anything. Let me clarify. I'm not finding anything that I like, that doesn't cost $250. Something in the $40-$60 would be ideal, a little more than that would be ok if it was a REALLY super sweet bag, and less than that would be crazy awesome.

I'm an Etsy girl (I have a shop of my own), and I love supporting the handmade/artist community. So, I'd love to buy something in that vein, but I'm getting desperate at this point, so it definitely does not have to be handmade. Bonus points if you know of an etsy/big cartell/etc. shop that sells something that would fit the bill, though! :thumbsup2

So, what do you use? Care to give me some ideas that I can go google, pretty please? :flower3:

TIA :worship:

Since you are an Etsy girl how about her? http://www.etsy.com/shop/slaintebags?ref=seller_info_count

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter