• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Want Me to Sew WHAT? - Update 7/22/12!!! Shocked?!?!?! So Am I!

I can not tell you how many times we have had a Tusker House breakfast reservation and never made it, we are horrible. I want to try it so much because everyone seems to love it. I need to try that Jamba juice.

That pure joy picture of Phalen's face is fantastic.

I love the outfits, they are great!

A perfect picture of Finn with the castmember at Lion King. He looks so happy.

Wow look at all the characters you got to see, that is amazing. I want a picture with Thumper!!

Phalen took a great picture at Raglan Road, we have never gone there either, you make me want to try it.

Your trip looks like so much fun, I am still so bummed we didn't get to meet up with you. We had some issues with the wheelchair and it messed up our schedule :sad2:.

I can't wait to read more!!

Not sure why I didn't quote everyone . . . I hope I don't forget anything!

Atlanta (and surrounding area) ladies - We definitely need to plan a meet this spring or summer!!! Nini - I'm thinking you must be between Beth & I, right? At least I think that's correct, since visiting my cousin at UGA was always closer than visiting my cousin that was living in Buckhead at the same time.

OK, I am confused... is this supposed to conincide with my/Lisa's trip out that direction???

[Lisa - I want to wait to go back to WDW until the Fantasyland Expansion is complete . . . lucky for me we want to wait for another family trip until Finn is 40" so I have quite a while :rolleyes1

I wanna go back for this too... Dumbo is "scheduled" to be open the week we are there, and so is the great Goofini, but they'll probably both get pushed back again.

[D~ - Okay, we really need to figure out your Keens . . . I don't know that if I hadn't had my Waimei flip flop Keens first if my Newport H2's would have been as comfortable right off the bat for me . . . I do think the footbed takes a little getting used to. . . :confused3

It's not the Keens, I promise you, it's my feet. I can totally see where they would be so comfortable - and they are for me, most of the day. But they irritate my PF, so when I take them off - that's when the real pain starts, and then it takes a couple of days of me wearing my Orthaheel flip flops to get my feet pain free again. That's why I ordered the Orthaheel inserts, so I can just slip them into my Keens. The problem is that I need a super high arch with a deep heel cup, and the Keens just don't have that much support - they have a lot more than any other normal shoe, but just not enough for me. Make sense? Otherwise, they are super duper comfy.

[Mr Rocket should be able to satin stitch a few MHs (with the additional Donald hat of course!) onto those $3 shirts you scored today :) Just do assembly line production - cut all your MHs and hats, iron them in place, satin stitch (and have your spools and bobbins all ready to go before you start). . . that's what I had to do to get all mine done and it's what I did to get your pixie dust done too :)

Well, I know that I am going to get an AK shirt - I am not sure the girls even want one??? I should probably ask. LOL

[Which - did I tell y'all? D~'s pixie dust that i sent should arrive at her house TOMORROW :woohoo: Let's hope priority mail from CLT to MSP is speedy quick like it should be!!!

I will be stalking the mail man today... popcorn::

[I'm in a funk . . . so, what do y'all do to get yourselves out of a funk?

Write a PTR... LOL

OK - so your update was fantastic! I love it!

I am so glad that Finn got to participate in FoLK - poor little guy, I feel so badly for him. I remember our first trip and V was too short - but she had no desire to ride those types of rides anyways, she was always so scared. I dunno what happened to her, because she is now a thrill ride junky. All it took was one bribe of cotton candy to ride a roller coaster and the rest was history. :wizard:

Awww... And that picture of little Phalen... A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!!! You just have the cutest boys ever!

I can't believe all the characters you got to see... This is one of the main reasons I love AK so much. :lovestruc

Yay for Kali! ROFL that you got soaked on your first ride... Yah - if you are sitting in the seat that's closest to the bottom of the hill when going down - you're in some big trouble. And there is not a thing you can do about it at that point because the vehicle doesn't turn... You just know your're gonna get it. :eek:

Loved all of your AK outfits, thanks for the idea of helping me out with mine... Seriously - I was really stuck on that. I still need to get a black T though, they didin't have them in my size in that color yesterday. I might have to check other stores when I am out and about tomorrow.

Raglan road looks awesome - I will have to notate that for our next trip.

Great update! :)

D~

I can not tell you how many times we have had a Tusker House breakfast reservation and never made it, we are horrible. I want to try it so much because everyone seems to love it. I need to try that Jamba juice.

That pure joy picture of Phalen's face is fantastic.

I love the outfits, they are great!

A perfect picture of Finn with the castmember at Lion King. He looks so happy.

Wow look at all the characters you got to see, that is amazing. I want a picture with Thumper!!

Phalen took a great picture at Raglan Road, we have never gone there either, you make me want to try it.

Your trip looks like so much fun, I am still so bummed we didn't get to meet up with you. We had some issues with the wheelchair and it messed up our schedule :sad2:.

I can't wait to read more!!

I'm still bummed we didn't get to meet too! :( I feel like I know you more than just through the computer screen :hug:
I'm glad you liked the update so much! We definitely do make time to stop and see as many characters as we want to see. It doesn't make for a good "military precision" schedule, but we have fun and have great memories of the characters!
Raglan Road is a "can't miss" for me . . .I LOVE Irish pubs and Irish fusion cuisine and the atmosphere is just great. Plus, I figured we owed it to my dad to eat at the Irish Pub since he wanted to go to Ireland instead of Disney (and obviously got out-voted).

OK, I am confused... is this supposed to conincide with my/Lisa's trip out that direction???

I wanna go back for this too... Dumbo is "scheduled" to be open the week we are there, and so is the great Goofini, but they'll probably both get pushed back again.

It's not the Keens, I promise you, it's my feet. I can totally see where they would be so comfortable - and they are for me, most of the day. But they irritate my PF, so when I take them off - that's when the real pain starts, and then it takes a couple of days of me wearing my Orthaheel flip flops to get my feet pain free again. That's why I ordered the Orthaheel inserts, so I can just slip them into my Keens. The problem is that I need a super high arch with a deep heel cup, and the Keens just don't have that much support - they have a lot more than any other normal shoe, but just not enough for me. Make sense? Otherwise, they are super duper comfy.

Well, I know that I am going to get an AK shirt - I am not sure the girls even want one??? I should probably ask. LOL

I will be stalking the mail man today... popcorn::

Write a PTR... LOL

OK - so your update was fantastic! I love it!

I am so glad that Finn got to participate in FoLK - poor little guy, I feel so badly for him. I remember our first trip and V was too short - but she had no desire to ride those types of rides anyways, she was always so scared. I dunno what happened to her, because she is now a thrill ride junky. All it took was one bribe of cotton candy to ride a roller coaster and the rest was history. :wizard:

Awww... And that picture of little Phalen... A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!!! You just have the cutest boys ever!

I can't believe all the characters you got to see... This is one of the main reasons I love AK so much. :lovestruc

Yay for Kali! ROFL that you got soaked on your first ride... Yah - if you are sitting in the seat that's closest to the bottom of the hill when going down - you're in some big trouble. And there is not a thing you can do about it at that point because the vehicle doesn't turn... You just know your're gonna get it. :eek:

Loved all of your AK outfits, thanks for the idea of helping me out with mine... Seriously - I was really stuck on that. I still need to get a black T though, they didin't have them in my size in that color yesterday. I might have to check other stores when I am out and about tomorrow.

Raglan road looks awesome - I will have to notate that for our next trip.

Great update! :)

D~

I don't know - should we add an ATL visit while you're here??? Hmm, maybe we need a little more than a long weekend :)

I think we need to plan a girls disney weekend for after the Fantasyland expansion is complete :woohoo:

I can't wait for you to open the pixie dust package!!! What time does the mailman usually come by? What time do the girls get home from school?

Finn - that little guy sure can pull on the heartstrings! He was an eager participant in any show he could work his way into on our trip. At Tusker House he took off with Daisy for the musical parade, of course the FoLK participation, he wanted to get up on the stage at Raglan Road and put on his own show, and the list goes on . . .

The pictures of Phalen really struck me last night. . .I can't get over how big he's getting, even more so when I went back through our 2008 trip pictures to add one of those to the page.

Kali - well, let me tell you, Dave & Phalen were actually in the bottom seats, but they managed to miss the water altogether. My Dad & I were in the next seats to the right and we got drenched. :sad2: Oh well! At least it was a nice day :) I loved it as much as I thought I would too!

Raglan Road - yes! But go for lunch (and prepare for it to be your big meal of the day!!!) - I like the lunch menu even more than the dinner menu!!!

Okay - is the mailman there yet??? popcorn::

what a sweet photo of Phalen...and how cool Finn got picked for FoTLK!
I always get soaked on Kali (and similar rides)

might need to try Raglans next trip too....love Baileys and Creme' Brulee, what better than to combine them!

we are planning on going to WDW Thanksgiving 2013 with a bunch of the DIS scrapbook families....you all can join in too!

I'm up for our NC trip to extend to ATL since we already are planning on going down anyways :thumbsup2 will probably drive, so D~ you can hitch a ride with us if you want too!

One more "Day Three" page!

OneMoreThingjpeg.jpg

Tusker House looks like a great time!!! It is one of the only character meals we haven't tried yet! We will have to go there in November!!:thumbsup2

I love the outfits for the day!!! So perfect!!!:cool1:

I always get soaked on Kali too! It was so hot when we were there in September so it felt good. But it was also SO humid I felt like I would never dry! :rotfl:

Love all the new updates:goodvibes

And you did NOT tell me that you bought the last of the Star Wars fabric from Just Fabrics . . . did she say that was definitely the end of it? Did I tell you that I have at least 6 yards of it? I didn't know I had more than a yard or so, but when I started my fabric folding project I found two large pieces I'd tucked away! :woohoo:

I went on a Saturday so she wasn't there but I did buy the rest that was out. I am hoping she does get some more but I am still stalking my Joanne's for the other SW Fabric.:lmao:

:upsidedow Now it will cost you $10/pp for any ADR not cancelled in 24 hours:sad2:

OneMoreThingjpeg.jpg

:love: Love this outfit

I don't know - should we add an ATL visit while you're here??? Hmm, maybe we need a little more than a long weekend :)

I was thinkin' that too... :rolleyes1

I think we need to plan a girls disney weekend for after the Fantasyland expansion is complete :woohoo:

Totally agree!!! :thumbsup2 I cannot wait to see how everything turns out. :surfweb:

I can't wait for you to open the pixie dust package!!! What time does the mailman usually come by? What time do the girls get home from school?

Yup - I got the pkg already. :rotfl2: Even posted pics in my PTR for you. :cloud9: I'd post some here - but there are so many... Here's a couple though...

The shirt Marianne made for my oldest dd:
IMG_259514.jpg

And my youngest dd:
IMG_259615.jpg

And for me:
IMG_259413.jpg

And a whole box of goodies:
IMG_258013.jpg

We loved everything!!! Thank you soooo much!!!! :lovestruc

Finn - that little guy sure can pull on the heartstrings! He was an eager participant in any show he could work his way into on our trip. At Tusker House he took off with Daisy for the musical parade, of course the FoLK participation, he wanted to get up on the stage at Raglan Road and put on his own show, and the list goes on . . .

ROFL... and he loves the spotlight??? How adorable is that??? :lovestruc

The pictures of Phalen really struck me last night. . .I can't get over how big he's getting, even more so when I went back through our 2008 trip pictures to add one of those to the page.

I KWYM... I look back at the girls too, and I wonder where all the time went - you get so busy going from day to day and you realize it's almost over, they'll be gone before you know it. And I really enjoyed (not) the dinner table discussion the other night, about my age... Yah, no thank you - there is no way I am that old. :rolleyes1

Kali - well, let me tell you, Dave & Phalen were actually in the bottom seats, but they managed to miss the water altogether. My Dad & I were in the next seats to the right and we got drenched. :sad2: Oh well! At least it was a nice day :) I loved it as much as I thought I would too!

Hmmm... I wonder if they changed how you get wet on the ride, to throw previous riders off???

Raglan Road - yes! But go for lunch (and prepare for it to be your big meal of the day!!!) - I like the lunch menu even more than the dinner menu!!!

Definately going to have to try it next time.

Okay - is the mailman there yet??? popcorn::

Yep - he came yesterday>>> :rotfl2:

OneMoreThingjpeg.jpg

This is probably one of my favorite outfits that you wore... I just love how it turned out! I think I may have to case it, if I can find a skirt... :rolleyes1 I need to figure out what I am going to do with those pirate strips??? Maybe I can add them to the bottom of a jean skirt, kind of like how you did this one???

D~

You know you are getting old when you are SURE you posted responses on a TRand yet when you go back they are missing...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 I LOVED all of D~ and girls Pixie Dust and I have one question...WHERE did you get those cookies?!? YUMMY!!! and how did I not know you could applique???? (Okay, it was two questions and boy do I want to put you to work...:lmao: Not like you need one more thing to do or anything) ;)

I LOVED your last update and that outfit is too cute! You really are adorable and I am just again amazed at all of your talent! :flower3:

what a fun day at AK. Great idea to add the picture of Phalen from his first trip. The AK outfits look awesome and I LOVE the set you made with the Mickey shirt. :lovestruc

The shirts you did for D~ and her girls are fantastic :worship:

I'm inviting myself to the trip for the Fantasyland expansion as well!! :) I guess I better re-start my Disney Piggy Bank.

I actually live south of ATL in a town called McDonough, so I'll be glad to drive up somewhere closer to Nini if/when y'all want to get together.

All your outfits so far have turned out super cute!! I'm not really a skirt wearer...but I really like the way they look on everyone else. :woohoo:

Since Andrea took over D's PTR report maybe I should take over here:lmao:

But I had to share these cute little smiley's I found::rotfl:

StarWarsJabbaHutLeia.gif

smiley-sw017.gif

hunterrider.gif

You know you are getting old when you are SURE you posted responses on a TRand yet when you go back they are missing...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 I LOVED all of D~ and girls Pixie Dust and I have one question...WHERE did you get those cookies?!? YUMMY!!! and how did I not know you could applique???? (Okay, it was two questions and boy do I want to put you to work...:lmao: Not like you need one more thing to do or anything) ;)

I LOVED your last update and that outfit is too cute! You really are adorable and I am just again amazed at all of your talent! :flower3:

I got the cookies at Goofy's Candy Shoppe - we had 22 snack credits left on our last day so I picked up a bunch of goodies that i knew would keep :-)

If the two of us could ever coordinate our schedules, maybe I could start you on those sewing lessons!

Thank you so much for the kind words :)

catching up on your TR! I love how you're doing it! I love, love, LOVE all the outfits! And your boys are too stinkin' CUTE!

Thank You!!!!:flower3:

what a fun day at AK. Great idea to add the picture of Phalen from his first trip. The AK outfits look awesome and I LOVE the set you made with the Mickey shirt. :lovestruc

The shirts you did for D~ and her girls are fantastic :worship:

Thanks! :cutie:

I'm inviting myself to the trip for the Fantasyland expansion as well!! :) I guess I better re-start my Disney Piggy Bank.

I actually live south of ATL in a town called McDonough, so I'll be glad to drive up somewhere closer to Nini if/when y'all want to get together.

All your outfits so far have turned out super cute!! I'm not really a skirt wearer...but I really like the way they look on everyone else. :woohoo:

We will definitely have to work out the logistics of this fabulous get together this summer!!! And glad you're signing up for the Fantasyland Expansion Trip :) I need to start saving also!!! Hmm, maybe I need all of the unexpected expenses in my life to stop popping up - it'd go a long to helping me be able to save!!! :sad2:

:wave: Are you as excited as we are ......

THE PATRIOTS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL :dance3:

Since Andrea took over D's PTR report maybe I should take over here:lmao:

But I had to share these cute little smiley's I found::rotfl:

StarWarsJabbaHutLeia.gif

smiley-sw017.gif

hunterrider.gif

Awesome smilies!!! Yes, we are very excited that the Patriots are in the SuperBowl! Did you know that the Patriots won the SuperBowl the year Phalen was born? He was a SuperBowl Sunday baby born at 5:02pm - he was all cleaned up and snuggled in time for kickoff!!!:cheer2:

I guess it is a good thing Phalen wasn't born after the superbowl or you would have had to name him Tom;)

I got the cookies at Goofy's Candy Shoppe - we had 22 snack credits left on our last day so I picked up a bunch of goodies that i knew would keep :-)

If the two of us could ever coordinate our schedules, maybe I could start you on those sewing lessons!

Thank you so much for the kind words :)

Thank You!!!!:flower3:

Thanks! :cutie:

We will definitely have to work out the logistics of this fabulous get together this summer!!! And glad you're signing up for the Fantasyland Expansion Trip :) I need to start saving also!!! Hmm, maybe I need all of the unexpected expenses in my life to stop popping up - it'd go a long to helping me be able to save!!! :sad2:

Awesome smilies!!! Yes, we are very excited that the Patriots are in the SuperBowl! Did you know that the Patriots won the SuperBowl the year Phalen was born? He was a SuperBowl Sunday baby born at 5:02pm - he was all cleaned up and snuggled in time for kickoff!!!:cheer2:

bet your DH was happy he was born before kick-off and you too :lmao:
maybe he will bring some good luck to the Patriots....we are rooting for them too, Megan's school mascot is the Patriots!

bet your DH was happy he was born before kick-off and you too :lmao:
maybe he will bring some good luck to the Patriots....we are rooting for them too, Megan's school mascot is the Patriots!

Funny story about that, actually!

The midwife had my due date incorrect with Phalen. They insisted on going by the ultrasound measurements instead of listening to me. So, based on my calculations, Phalen was born at 38weeks exactly. Based on theirs, he was 36 weeks and change.
Okay - so what, right? Well, by my calculations, he was still "two weeks early" and of course Feb 6th was literally one of the few days Dave's work had joked with me "Do NOT have the baby on this day!" because they had a huge tournament. After the tournament we were all supposed to go to his boss's house for a HUGE Super Bowl Party - to which we were bringing the chili.
So, when I had to call DH at work and tell him he definitely needed to come home, not a lot of people realized he was gone because they were all so super busy with the tournament.
I KID YOU NOT, about 15 minutes after kickoff, DH's phone rang. It was one of his co-workers calling. The conversation went like this:
Barry: Hey, Stern, aren't y'all coming to Joe's?
Dave: Um, no, man, we're at the hospital. Marianne had the baby.
Barry: Oh, yeah. That's right. Congratulations!
Dave: Thanks. Y'all have fun!
Barry: Oh, yeah. So, uh, does that mean you're not bringing any chili over
here?
Dave: :eek: :sad2: No, sorry. I didn't have time to make any chili today.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

I'm working on another update . . . I promise I will post at least a few new pages tonight :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter