You Want Me to Sew WHAT? - Update 7/22/12!!! Shocked?!?!?! So Am I!

OK... I have to vent too - even though mine is a distant memory... While Josh was in Iraq, MN passed the new car seat laws - I can't remember the exact requirements anymore - but it was sooo frustrating, because the manufacturers DID NOT MAKE a car seat to fit the state law requirements. My bff and I searched for months for a car seat to fit Allison, and it was impossible. Most of them were too narrow (and she was not huge by any means), and it was so frustrating. We did end up finding ONE car seat - and she only used it for a year before she out grew it... I don't know if things have changed, now that so many states have changed their laws, but I found it totally impossible to find a car seat to fit Alli properly, and it really angered me that I couldn't properly protect my child... Honestly, they'd still be in car seats if I could find one to fit them... Even though Allison is 4" taller than I am now. :rolleyes1

Well, keep us updated.

Josh already told me that most of my sewing $$ now needs to go into our family budget (after this trip) - he saw all the dough I've been raking in (really, not so much, if you figure the math) and feels it should be part of our income now. :confused3 So, less $$ for play, more $$ for bills. :cool1: <---- Sarcasm.

D~

I had problems when Megan outgrew her car seat early, she was in a booster with the back, just using the seat belt by age 3 since she was so tall....lucky for us she never tried to unbuckle herself! my mom's neighbor does the car seat check at thelocal police station, she is shocked how many are not installed correctly!

Well paying off bills is a good thing too! maybe if you could find a really cheap airfare he will let you come play!

Marianne...LOVING the updates; you are SOOOOO far ahead of me on the reporting..and you just got back (or so it seems to me). I am in LOVE with your figment bag. D~ Has done such an AMAZING job on all of her bags and she told me several weeks ago she was in the planning stages for wheel chair bags...I could put them all to good use!

Marianne, the boys are simply precious and I love all of the outfits, I am SOOOO in awe of your skills. The trip report looks so wonderful and I LOVE the sweetness with Mulan. :love::love:

Jazz Camp dates will not be announced until Late February...and that is the one that theater camp is planned around...so HOPEFULLY I can answer that question soon so we can have a big old party in Charlotte...Michelle, do you want to come too...We could have a great time and we can double up at our house so nobody would need a hotel...We have a guest room and our class room has a daybed with a popup twin bed...Plus I can always pitch a tent in the back yard for you all...:rotfl2::lmao: Anybody else want to join us! (You might WANT to sleep outside, my house isn't fancy). :rotfl:

Marianne...slow down, you are putting me to shame! :guilty::guilty::guilty:

Marianne...LOVING the updates; you are SOOOOO far ahead of me on the reporting..and you just got back (or so it seems to me). I am in LOVE with your figment bag. D~ Has done such an AMAZING job on all of her bags and she told me several weeks ago she was in the planning stages for wheel chair bags...I could put them all to good use!

Awww... Thanks Judy! :lovestruc I do have a wheelchair bag in the planning stages (it's still in my head, not on paper)... If you ever find some free time - could you please send me a list of "the ideal wheel chair bag"... Like what kind of pockets - inside or out or both... zippers, flaps - that sort of thing... I would even reward you greatly for your effort. :lovestruc

[Marianne, the boys are simply precious and I love all of the outfits, I am SOOOO in awe of your skills. The trip report looks so wonderful and I LOVE the sweetness with Mulan. :love::love:

Jazz Camp dates will not be announced until Late February...and that is the one that theater camp is planned around...so HOPEFULLY I can answer that question soon so we can have a big old party in Charlotte...Michelle, do you want to come too...We could have a great time and we can double up at our house so nobody would need a hotel...We have a guest room and our class room has a daybed with a popup twin bed...Plus I can always pitch a tent in the back yard for you all...:rotfl2::lmao: Anybody else want to join us! (You might WANT to sleep outside, my house isn't fancy). :rotfl:

I would happily stay at anyone's house... Gosh, we would all have a blast... Seriously... I could probably make it happen this summer, especially if I could impose on everyone - it would be so much fun!!! Could someone pick me up from the airport??? D~ would need a ride - she doesn't do well driving in strange locales. :rolleyes1

OK - now I am excited abou this trip too....

D~

Awww... Thanks Judy! :lovestruc I do have a wheelchair bag in the planning stages (it's still in my head, not on paper)... If you ever find some free time - could you please send me a list of "the ideal wheel chair bag"... Like what kind of pockets - inside or out or both... zippers, flaps - that sort of thing... I would even reward you greatly for your effort. :lovestruc

I would happily stay at anyone's house... Gosh, we would all have a blast... Seriously... I could probably make it happen this summer, especially if I could impose on everyone - it would be so much fun!!! Could someone pick me up from the airport??? D~ would need a ride - she doesn't do well driving in strange locales. :rolleyes1

OK - now I am excited abou this trip too....

D~

a wheelchair bag sounds wonderful!

if you can get to Charlotte getting you at the airport is easy! Charlotte's pretty easy to get around from what I can remember!

I would love to come but we have to go shopping at that fabric store everyone talks about and I will bring my embroidery machine and D can bring Patience:goodvibes

if you can get to Charlotte getting you at the airport is easy! Charlotte's pretty easy to get around from what I can remember!

Does that mean you're volunteering to pick me up Lisa??? :cool1:

I would love to come but we have to go shopping at that fabric store everyone talks about and I will bring my embroidery machine and D can bring Patience:goodvibes

That would be awesome Michelle... You should definately come! Not sure about Miss P. though... She has flight issues. :confused3

D~

We have HIJACKED Marianne's thread!

I will pick you up D~ I am VERY good at getting to and from the airport!:lmao: I go out there several times a week (EVERYTHING David does seems to be out that way) and Marianne lives fairly close to the airport as well.

Michelle, I would LOVE it if you (and your embroidery machine) could come...I am already drooling at the prospect! I understand about Patience D~...But I do have some fabric I picked up cheap if we could get Marianne's machine. AND we could go to all the fabric stores and Wal-mart's with fabric....We could have a BLAST!

D~, I will be happy to share some ides on what I like in a wheelchair bag! There are NEVER enough pockets! They always make them like a big, open sack...I LIKE to be organized! And you wouldn't be imposing if you stayed at our house...I offered. :goodvibes

Rachel just called me...Now I must go examine Bandit's poop...all those years of nursing school put to great use with The Miracle Dog....

I just had to say...HA! The crowds these days can be quite :scared1::scared1: of course, I am a native and remember when...

We have HIJACKED Marianne's thread!

Yah, she should probably stop fussing with all these wonderful Pixie Dustin's she's making us, and come play on The Dis. :thumbsup2

[I will pick you up D~ I am VERY good at getting to and from the airport!:lmao: I go out there several times a week (EVERYTHING David does seems to be out that way) and Marianne lives fairly close to the airport as well.

AWESOME!!! I snore though... Just thought I'd forewarn. :rolleyes1

[Michelle, I would LOVE it if you (and your embroidery machine) could come...I am already drooling at the prospect! I understand about Patience D~...But I do have some fabric I picked up cheap if we could get Marianne's machine. AND we could go to all the fabric stores and Wal-mart's with fabric....We could have a BLAST!

This would be so much fun!!! I could help everyone refurb their vintage machines that they'll have by then. :thumbsup2

[D~, I will be happy to share some ides on what I like in a wheelchair bag! There are NEVER enough pockets! They always make them like a big, open sack...I LIKE to be organized!

Keep the ideas coming... I am copying everything you say into a Word doc. Inside pockets, outside pockets - dimensions (deep/shallow?)... Is there something you've always wanted a pocket for, but never get??? I really want to customize this bag for what people need. :thumbsup2

[And you wouldn't be imposing if you stayed at our house...I offered. :goodvibes

Yay!!! :banana:

[Rachel just called me...Now I must go examine Bandit's poop...all those years of nursing school put to great use with The Miracle Dog....

Ack - I hope everything is still OK. :hug:

D~

Y'all crack me up! And like Judy said, I'm 15 minutes TOPS from the airport, so I'm happy to pick people up too. We have a guest sofa bed (it's in the playroom) that is available for dibs also :) I think it would be so much fun if y'all came to visit this summer!!! And yes, D~ , you can help me refurb. that machine if I haven't gotten to it by then!!!

I'll even go so far as to promise trips to Mary Jo's, any and all area Walmarts with fabric departments, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and the quilting shops like Sew Much Fun and Queen Bee . . . We could easily fit four machines around my dining room table too :)

Michelle - I still think we need to get everyone to RI too . . . hmm . . . I know:idea: Lisa, Megan & D~ can all fly here and then everyone can road trip it to RI together!!! We can take them to BOTH Just Fabrics locations, RYCO, etc!

Andrea - are you getting in on any of these trips???

So - I've been a busy girl today. This morning I had a nice facebook chat with D~ and then took the boys to Sebastian's 7th Birthday Party at the Bowling Alley. After that we stopped at Hancock Fabrics because I needed thread to be able to finish the major pixie dusting I was doing for D~ and her girls. They had the Maxi-Lock cones on sale for $1.99! :woohoo: My machine really likes that thread - especially for satin stitching. I was able to get every color I needed in a cone except for blue.
Then I came home and while Phalen rode his bike I battled with Finn to take a much needed nap . . . all the while I was working on that pixie dust! I'd LOVE to show y'all a picture of the finished product, but then D~ wouldn't be surprised . . . :rolleyes1 I DID take pictures though . . .
I then had to find a box for this pixie dust. Searched high and low, found one, put everything inside - taped the box shut, wrapped the box in brown postal paper, taped it up. . . and then realized I hadn't put the shirt D~ had me pick up for her at the Disney Outlet in :headache:
There was no way I was unwrapping that box . . . so I put the shirt in a gallon ziploc bag and taped it to the box and then wrapped the whole thing in MORE brown postal paper and taped it up. I'd love to share pictures, but they're on my phone and it doesn't want to cooperate with my computer.

Y'all crack me up! And like Judy said, I'm 15 minutes TOPS from the airport, so I'm happy to pick people up too. We have a guest sofa bed (it's in the playroom) that is available for dibs also :) I think it would be so much fun if y'all came to visit this summer!!! And yes, D~ , you can help me refurb. that machine if I haven't gotten to it by then!!!

Wawesome!!! I don't care whose house I sleep at, as long as it's free... This would be such a fun trip!

[I'll even go so far as to promise trips to Mary Jo's, any and all area Walmarts with fabric departments, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and the quilting shops like Sew Much Fun and Queen Bee . . . We could easily fit four machines around my dining room table too :)

This would be a blast too... So, you actually want me to bring $$? LOL Here I thought you all just wanted to meet Patience?

Obviously, this will have to be an extended weekend trip...

So, are we going to do a sew along??? That would be tons of fun... we could all make the same thing to commemorate the weekend. :thumbsup2

[Michelle - I still think we need to get everyone to RI too . . . hmm . . . I know:idea: Lisa, Megan & D~ can all fly here and then everyone can road trip it to RI together!!! We can take them to BOTH Just Fabrics locations, RYCO, etc!

How about if we rotate years??? Every year, we could all get together at someone's house. :cool1: I am sure that no one would mind sleeping under my sewing machines on the floor. :lovestruc

[So - I've been a busy girl today. This morning I had a nice facebook chat with D~ and then took the boys to Sebastian's 7th Birthday Party at the Bowling Alley. After that we stopped at Hancock Fabrics because I needed thread to be able to finish the major pixie dusting I was doing for D~ and her girls. They had the Maxi-Lock cones on sale for $1.99! :woohoo: My machine really likes that thread - especially for satin stitching. I was able to get every color I needed in a cone except for blue.
Then I came home and while Phalen rode his bike I battled with Finn to take a much needed nap . . . all the while I was working on that pixie dust! I'd LOVE to show y'all a picture of the finished product, but then D~ wouldn't be surprised . . . :rolleyes1 I DID take pictures though . . .
I then had to find a box for this pixie dust. Searched high and low, found one, put everything inside - taped the box shut, wrapped the box in brown postal paper, taped it up. . . and then realized I hadn't put the shirt D~ had me pick up for her at the Disney Outlet in :headache:
There was no way I was unwrapping that box . . . so I put the shirt in a gallon ziploc bag and taped it to the box and then wrapped the whole thing in MORE brown postal paper and taped it up. I'd love to share pictures, but they're on my phone and it doesn't want to cooperate with my computer.

Yes... that was a nice little chat. :)

I am dying to see what's inside of the box, seeing as I know what's outside the box. :rotfl2: BTW... That was so nice of you to send me a picture of the box... :lovestruc Just wait until the next time you take a trip... popcorn::

D~ <--- who is uber tired and can't keep her eyes open any longer, but I had a can of diet Cherry Coke with dinner tonight, and dd #2 is babysitting at the neighbor's... I don't like going to bed with out all my kidlets all tucked into bed. :surfweb:

:lmao::cool1::lmao::cool1::woohoo::cool1::lmao::cool1::lmao:

Guess what I just did?
I posted pictures on my Facebook wall of the surprise I made for D~ and her girls and SHE CAN'T SEE THEM!!!! I blocked her from seeing the pics!!!!!:rotfl:

So - mosey on over and check them out!!!

Sounds like this is going to be quite the adventure this summer! D~ hope you can make it out!

hmm hobby lobby I'll hit the scrapbooking area :woohoo:....so when's everyone coming to WA? I don't have lots of space....Megan's room has a queen bed, have a blow up single and the couch too! so we could be cozy!
love the idea of going to visit other friends each year!

will have to go take a look at your FB page....I can see it! D~ is going to love it!!!

:lmao::cool1::lmao::cool1::woohoo::cool1::lmao::cool1::lmao:

Guess what I just did?
I posted pictures on my Facebook wall of the surprise I made for D~ and her girls and SHE CAN'T SEE THEM!!!! I blocked her from seeing the pics!!!!!:rotfl:

So - mosey on over and check them out!!!

Cruel... I wanna see.... :surfweb:

Sounds like this is going to be quite the adventure this summer! D~ hope you can make it out!

hmm hobby lobby I'll hit the scrapbooking area :woohoo:....so when's everyone coming to WA? I don't have lots of space....Megan's room has a queen bed, have a blow up single and the couch too! so we could be cozy!
love the idea of going to visit other friends each year!

will have to go take a look at your FB page....I can see it! D~ is going to love it!!!

YOu guys can wait till the girls move out to visit us...Then you all can have the girls' beds. I am sure Josh will go to the lake... rather than being over come with women, obsessed with Disney and their sewing machines. :rotfl2: His worst nightmare. LOL

D~

Cruel... I wanna see.... :surfweb:

YOu guys can wait till the girls move out to visit us...Then you all can have the girls' beds. I am sure Josh will go to the lake... rather than being over come with women, obsessed with Disney and their sewing machines. :rotfl2: His worst nightmare. LOL

D~

No you don't :) You want to be surprised! :D

I was, however, giggling like crazy last night when I figured out how to post those pictures without you being able to see them :rotfl2:

Today I have to excavate my room and hallway from the piles of laundry (at least a lot of it is clean and just needs to be put away). I also need to clean up my sewing area (have to deal with the laundry first as DH thought my sewing area was a good place for clean clothes) and make an attempt to clean the rest of the house ... and all of this has to be done AFTER church (which doesn't start until 10:40). My little sister (sorority, not blood, but might as well be) called on Friday to say she wanted to stop and see me on her way back from Raleigh on Monday!!! We have totally lost touch the last couple of years and I miss her.

I'll even go so far as to promise trips to Mary Jo's, any and all area Walmarts with fabric departments, Jo-Ann's, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and the quilting shops like Sew Much Fun and Queen Bee . . . We could easily fit four machines around my dining room table too :)

Michelle - I still think we need to get everyone to RI too . . . hmm . . . I know:idea: Lisa, Megan & D~ can all fly here and then everyone can road trip it to RI together!!! We can take them to BOTH Just Fabrics locations, RYCO, etc!

That is not fair:mad: that you have so many places for fabric shopping.

But we definitely will take them there to Ryco's and Just Fabric. RI is great in the summer:goodvibes

But I really want to go to NYC and shop in the Garment District. My mom went last year and only got to go in a few stores.

I was, however, giggling like crazy last night when I figured out how to post those pictures without you being able to see them :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1 D you are going to love it :love:

You're right, I do. :lovestruc But I can still complain about it.

[I was, however, giggling like crazy last night when I figured out how to post those pictures without you being able to see them :rotfl2:

You're awfully sneaky...

[Today I have to excavate my room and hallway from the piles of laundry (at least a lot of it is clean and just needs to be put away). I also need to clean up my sewing area (have to deal with the laundry first as DH thought my sewing area was a good place for clean clothes) and make an attempt to clean the rest of the house ... and all of this has to be done AFTER church (which doesn't start until 10:40). My little sister (sorority, not blood, but might as well be) called on Friday to say she wanted to stop and see me on her way back from Raleigh on Monday!!! We have totally lost touch the last couple of years and I miss her.

Sorry, but that'll teach DH to use you're sewing space for clean clothes storage, because you'll just pile everything on the bed. :rotfl2:

Have fun with your little sister today. :thumbsup2 Glad you'll get time to reconnect.

D~

That is not fair:mad: that you have so many places for fabric shopping.

But we definitely will take them there to Ryco's and Just Fabric. RI is great in the summer:goodvibes

But I really want to go to NYC and shop in the Garment District. My mom went last year and only got to go in a few stores.

:rolleyes1 D you are going to love it :love:

OMG! That's it! We're going! My mom & I have been planning a trip to NYC for fabric shopping this summer. . .you're going to have to come with!
Anyone else want to join us? I'm telling you, if I could become a travel agent for the Disboutiquers I could maybe actually afford this fabric addiction :)

And, I can tell you, there is no place on earth that I've found so far as Just Fabric. I would be in SERIOUS trouble if I lived in RI full time!!! Even Mary Jo's, while beyond awesome, cannot hold a candle to Just Fabric's Disney stuff (and Just Fabrics beats anyone's prices that I've found!).

You're right, I do. :lovestruc But I can still complain about it.

You're awfully sneaky...

Sorry, but that'll teach DH to use you're sewing space for clean clothes storage, because you'll just pile everything on the bed. :rotfl2:

Have fun with your little sister today. :thumbsup2 Glad you'll get time to reconnect.

D~

Hehehe - The problem is the table in my sewing area. . . I try to keep it cleaned off so it's ready to go when I need it . . . it also happens to be on DH's side of the bed so it becomes his 'catch-all' . . .

okay! must run! DH made pancakes!!!

I LOVE! your trip report. It's so much fun to read. I could just squeeze your boys to pieces. Thanks for the sweet words!

I WANNA COME!!!! I'll bring my PE770 so y'all can burn it up. ;) I have a nephew that lives in Concord with his Mama. And my parents have a second home in Hayesville, NC we go to ALLL the time since my middle brother lives there. I really love NC, I think if I didn't live in Georgia, that would be my next choice. And I have ALWAYS been a HUUUUUGE Duke Blue Devils (basketball) fan.

Then y'all are welcome to ATL to stay with me. Lets pick a week when my hubby is out of state/country with business and you can even bring your kiddos. We have five bedrooms so there's plenty of room for everyone. We'll order pizza and live on Disney movies. :) We don't really have great fabric stores here tho so we'll have to buy all our fabric in NC and then sew it all up here. hehe!! Or just site see. :)

I LOVE! your trip report. It's so much fun to read. I could just squeeze your boys to pieces. Thanks for the sweet words!

I WANNA COME!!!! I'll bring my PE770 so y'all can burn it up. ;) I have a nephew that lives in Concord with his Mama. And my parents have a second home in Hayesville, NC we go to ALLL the time since my middle brother lives there. I really love NC, I think if I didn't live in Georgia, that would be my next choice. And I have ALWAYS been a HUUUUUGE Duke Blue Devils (basketball) fan.

Then y'all are welcome to ATL to stay with me. Lets pick a week when my hubby is out of state/country with business and you can even bring your kiddos. We have five bedrooms so there's plenty of room for everyone. We'll order pizza and live on Disney movies. :) We don't really have great fabric stores here tho so we'll have to buy all our fabric in NC and then sew it all up here. hehe!! Or just site see. :)

yay! another recruit for our girls weekend trips!!!! :woohoo:

Glad you're liking the TR! Thank YOU for helping make my Disney outfits a reality in time for my trip!!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter