You Want Me to Sew WHAT? - Update 7/22/12!!! Shocked?!?!?! So Am I!

I LOVE! your trip report. It's so much fun to read. I could just squeeze your boys to pieces. Thanks for the sweet words!

I WANNA COME!!!! I'll bring my PE770 so y'all can burn it up. ;) I have a nephew that lives in Concord with his Mama. And my parents have a second home in Hayesville, NC we go to ALLL the time since my middle brother lives there. I really love NC, I think if I didn't live in Georgia, that would be my next choice. And I have ALWAYS been a HUUUUUGE Duke Blue Devils (basketball) fan.

Then y'all are welcome to ATL to stay with me. Lets pick a week when my hubby is out of state/country with business and you can even bring your kiddos. We have five bedrooms so there's plenty of room for everyone. We'll order pizza and live on Disney movies. :) We don't really have great fabric stores here tho so we'll have to buy all our fabric in NC and then sew it all up here. hehe!! Or just site see. :)

Megan and I might be going down to ATL after we visit Charlotte (have 3 other friends , one is a DISer, that live in the ATL area!
maybe we can meet up!

I LOVE! your trip report. It's so much fun to read. I could just squeeze your boys to pieces. Thanks for the sweet words!

I WANNA COME!!!! I'll bring my PE770 so y'all can burn it up. ;) I have a nephew that lives in Concord with his Mama. And my parents have a second home in Hayesville, NC we go to ALLL the time since my middle brother lives there. I really love NC, I think if I didn't live in Georgia, that would be my next choice. And I have ALWAYS been a HUUUUUGE Duke Blue Devils (basketball) fan.

Then y'all are welcome to ATL to stay with me. Lets pick a week when my hubby is out of state/country with business and you can even bring your kiddos. We have five bedrooms so there's plenty of room for everyone. We'll order pizza and live on Disney movies. :) We don't really have great fabric stores here tho so we'll have to buy all our fabric in NC and then sew it all up here. hehe!! Or just site see. :)

Ooooh - that sounds fun!!! We could do that... Lets not do Disney movies, lets just take a road trip to Disney... :rolleyes1

Beth, I have a whole list of things I could do with that machine of yours. :thumbsup2

Megan and I might be going down to ATL after we visit Charlotte (have 3 other friends , one is a DISer, that live in the ATL area!
maybe we can meet up!

Um.... Hello???? Minnesota???? MSP.... Intl. airport... D~...... :woohoo:

D~

maybe we can meet up!

Atlanta! Yes!

Sorry, didn't mean to shout.... I'm about an hour outside Atlanta...on the east side...closer to Athens....

Nini

I am LOVING these summer trip plans, ladies! FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

I'm going to work on some more TR pages tonight . . . hope to get them uploaded to photobucket and posted tonight, but if not, sometime tomorrow :)

We are in the beginning of another crazy storm here in Charlotte tonight :confused3 I don't understand WHAT is going on with the weather!

OH! And I mailed D~'s pixie dust this morning . . . as it turned out, the cheapest way to send it was in the medium flat rate priority shipping box . . . so all of my crazy packaging was for naught. I DID just slip the whole thing INTO the flat rate box though, so hopefully when D~ gets it on Thursday she'll take some "un-wrapping" pictures :)

When we last left our cast of characters, they had ended Day 2 in the Magic Kingdom. Moving on to Day 3 - Animal Kingdom:

AKHereWeComejpeg.jpg

PureJoyAK2jpeg.jpg

TuskerHouseCharactersjpeg.jpg

Sorry there aren't more tonight . . . Here's to hoping I have time for more tomorrow!

the boys definately look happy and excited!! love the Jamba juice :thumbsup2

Awww.... I love this update too!

Finn looks all tired on Mimi's lap - so cute. And Pha looks like he is ready to take on the day.

OK, just for curiosity, we have an 8:05 TH breakfast ADR... What time did they actually let you into the park for yours? I've heard that it's a 10-15 min walk to get there after you are in the gates.

And I love your AK outfit - I was planning on doing a similar one to go with my zebra shoes. :) I really want to do a Donald Duck head - but there is no such thing like there is a Mickey, so I am not sure what I am going to do yet??? Ideas?

Oh, and are those little Keens that Phalen is wearing? They are so cute! Victoria is actually wearing hers (which is good) - Allison's are still in the box in her room, I keep telling her that she needs to break them in, or she is going to be in a lot of pain. But the are definately "not cute" she says - and I think they are adorable... Grrr....

D~

I am totally diggin' those shades!! :lovestruc

Love the update! I'm looking forward to (well, sorta) our TH lunch in March. (Looking forward to being there with the characters, not so much the food. I'm not very adventurous with a sensitive tummy.)

That's cute that you were worried about being late and arrived before the lot even opened! :thumbsup2

the boys definately look happy and excited!! love the Jamba juice :thumbsup2

Phalen keeps asking if I will make Jamba Juice :confused3 and even though I asked SEVERAL times what was IN the juice (for two reasons, 1) because he liked it so much and 2) because I was worried it might have banana in it and a rash covered kid or mommy was NOT how I wanted to spend our vacation -my kids break out in a rash from bananas and I haven't eaten one in any form since I was a kid because even the smell makes me ill) but I can't remember :rolleyes1 Does anyone know what the "recipe" is for Jamba Juice?

Awww.... I love this update too!

Finn looks all tired on Mimi's lap - so cute. And Pha looks like he is ready to take on the day.

Poor Finn - this was a big "allergy day" for him. His little nose just didn't stop dripping. Thank goodness for Boogie Wipes! At least using those his nose doesn't get quite as raw as with regular tissues . . . but his allergies do take a lot out of him. He perked up later in the day though, no worries!

OK, just for curiosity, we have an 8:05 TH breakfast ADR... What time did they actually let you into the park for yours? I've heard that it's a 10-15 min walk to get there after you are in the gates.

I don't remember exactly what time they let us in, but pretty much the first seating of people are all hanging out in front of the turnstiles in the morning. I know we were AT Tusker House a few minutes before 8:00 though, so they must have let us in by 7:45??? :confused3

And I love your AK outfit - I was planning on doing a similar one to go with my zebra shoes. :) I really want to do a Donald Duck head - but there is no such thing like there is a Mickey, so I am not sure what I am going to do yet??? Ideas?

I could have put some of that Zebra in the box for you!!! What about a zebra print MH with Donald's blue hat? I bought that zebra print at Jo-Ann's - I liked that it was the zebra stripes with the zebra heads part of the pattern.
My shirt & skirt both came from Target, btw :) Merona knit skirt that was on clearance and C9 shirt.

Oh, and are those little Keens that Phalen is wearing? They are so cute! Victoria is actually wearing hers (which is good) - Allison's are still in the box in her room, I keep telling her that she needs to break them in, or she is going to be in a lot of pain. But the are definately "not cute" she says - and I think they are adorable... Grrr....

D~

yes - those are keens! This is the second year both of the boys have had a pair. . . they pretty much LIVE in Keens unless it's too cold. They're awesome shoes for kids. I never pay full price for them though . . . I wait until they go on super clearance at REI at the end of the season and then I buy a size ahead. This MIGHT be the year it doesn't work, because Phalen's feet keep growing . . . but I have my fingers crossed that the navy blue ones I bought this past fall will fit come spring :)

I am totally diggin' those shades!! :lovestruc

Love the update! I'm looking forward to (well, sorta) our TH lunch in March. (Looking forward to being there with the characters, not so much the food. I'm not very adventurous with a sensitive tummy.)

That's cute that you were worried about being late and arrived before the lot even opened! :thumbsup2

I have a sensitive stomach too - I've never been to TH for lunch, so I'm not sure what's on the menu, but breakfast has never given me a problem :)

The whole "arriving early" thing came back to bite me later in the week :( But at the time, I agree, it was pretty funny!

think the jamba juice has..orange, papiya, mango but not sure? it is tasty though!

D~ I know the park gates have a special turnstile marked for early ADR's to go through and will open about 15 minutes before the first scheduled time.

need to find some really comfortable water proof walking sandels for our HI trip, will check out the keen's for us!

What a fun start to the AK day. We have never done Tusker House because we are not big breakfast eaters but I think I need to add this to my future to-do list. Everyone looks so cute in their AK outfits but I hope you do another post with some more detailed pictures of your outfits!

Atlanta! Yes!

Sorry, didn't mean to shout.... I'm about an hour outside Atlanta...on the east side...closer to Athens....

Nini
I agree with Nini!

maybe we can meet up!

Sounds good. Let me know when you're going to be here, I'd love to meet y'all.

Marianne you look so CUTE! for your TH breakfast. We had an ADR for there our last day, I hadn't been to Disney since they built AK so I was super excited, but my little one just had a complete meltdown so we just left for home. :( I hope we get to do AK again one day. I don't really want to go back to Disney until they have Beast's castle done tho... I'm SUPER! excited about that one. I hope they have a restaurant there. My mom, Hannah and I missed out A LOT! on MK because we did BBB and CRT with Hannah, but it was worth it. So I'm ready to spend about a week just in MK. :)

Marianne you look so CUTE! for your TH breakfast. We had an ADR for there our last day, I hadn't been to Disney since they built AK so I was super excited, but my little one just had a complete meltdown so we just left for home. :( I hope we get to do AK again one day. I don't really want to go back to Disney until they have Beast's castle done tho... I'm SUPER! excited about that one. I hope they have a restaurant there. My mom, Hannah and I missed out A LOT! on MK because we did BBB and CRT with Hannah, but it was worth it. So I'm ready to spend about a week just in MK. :)

The restaurant already has a name!!! It is Be Our Guest! Supposed to be open late 2012...this year! I am so hoping it will be open when we are there. There has been a lot of discussion about if it is a TS or CS or both (TS at dinner and CS for lunch) But the latest word from Disney is they are still planning on having two separate restaurants...one CS and one TS...but that is subject to change. Also, it is not supposed to be a character meal, but the promo for it shows Belle and Beast...so who knows!

(can you see I'm excited about that?)

Glad to know you enjoyed TH...we are planning on that for one of our AK days next trip...I haven't been there since it became a TS. We enjoyed it as a CS.

Nini

I will keep you updated!! :yay:

can't wait to see all the new stuff in Fantasyland...we aren't planning on going until 11/2013 though

Love your AK update. I was disappointed that Donald doesn't sign but we were able to track him down at CampMinnie Mickey later in the day along with Minnie since she wasn't at breakfast either.

OMG! That's it! We're going! My mom & I have been planning a trip to NYC for fabric shopping this summer. . .you're going to have to come with!
Anyone else want to join us? I'm telling you, if I could become a travel agent for the Disboutiquers I could maybe actually afford this fabric addiction :)

And, I can tell you, there is no place on earth that I've found so far as Just Fabric. I would be in SERIOUS trouble if I lived in RI full time!!! Even Mary Jo's, while beyond awesome, cannot hold a candle to Just Fabric's Disney stuff (and Just Fabrics beats anyone's prices that I've found!).

My mom has been dying to go back to NYC and DD wants to go to the AG store but if thinks work out right I am hoping to go for a few days on April vacation.

:love:And I do love Just Fabrics... did I tell you I ended up buying the last of the SW Fabric:rolleyes1 She only had a little left. I hope she stocks up on some more awesome Disney fabric too she was running a little low:lmao:

We LOVED Tusker House (We = DH and me!) The breakfast was great and we thought the characters paced themselves nicely without rushing!

I don't remember exactly what time they let us in, but pretty much the first seating of people are all hanging out in front of the turnstiles in the morning. I know we were AT Tusker House a few minutes before 8:00 though, so they must have let us in by 7:45??? :confused3

That's good to know. Do the busses still start running early for the early ADR times?

I could have put some of that Zebra in the box for you!!! What about a zebra print MH with Donald's blue hat? I bought that zebra print at Jo-Ann's - I liked that it was the zebra stripes with the zebra heads part of the pattern.
My shirt & skirt both came from Target, btw :) Merona knit skirt that was on clearance and C9 shirt.

Hmmm... That is a very excellent idea m'dear.... At the rate I am not working out this week (or several other weeks over the last few months) - I won't get into any of the clothes I have planned. I really need to kick my own butt. :rolleyes1

yes - those are keens! This is the second year both of the boys have had a pair. . . they pretty much LIVE in Keens unless it's too cold. They're awesome shoes for kids. I never pay full price for them though . . . I wait until they go on super clearance at REI at the end of the season and then I buy a size ahead. This MIGHT be the year it doesn't work, because Phalen's feet keep growing . . . but I have my fingers crossed that the navy blue ones I bought this past fall will fit come spring :)

I love the Donald Keens I got - and I love how they look on my feet - they have the Cinderella effect (makes your feet look small). The only problem is that they really hurt the bottom of my feet after a day at work (the rest is super comfortable), so I ordered a pair of orthotics from the same company that makes my favorite flip flops, and I am praying like crazy that they will help... I just don't know what I am going to do if my feet don't stop acting stupid before we go - because I refuse to get a cart.

The whole "arriving early" thing came back to bite me later in the week :( But at the time, I agree, it was pretty funny![/SIZE][/FONT]

I am worried about this too! We have a few early days.

D~ I know the park gates have a special turnstile marked for early ADR's to go through and will open about 15 minutes before the first scheduled time.

Thanks for letting me know Lisa. :)

need to find some really comfortable water proof walking sandels for our HI trip, will check out the keen's for us!
Yes, check into the Keens... they really are awesome - and if I didn't have "stupid feet", they would be the most comfortable shoe I own... I just love them.

D~

Not sure why I didn't quote everyone . . . I hope I don't forget anything!

Atlanta (and surrounding area) ladies - We definitely need to plan a meet this spring or summer!!! Nini - I'm thinking you must be between Beth & I, right? At least I think that's correct, since visiting my cousin at UGA was always closer than visiting my cousin that was living in Buckhead at the same time.

Michelle - I LOVE the AG NYC store! So awesome! I wish I had a little girl to take there :( And you did NOT tell me that you bought the last of the Star Wars fabric from Just Fabrics . . . did she say that was definitely the end of it? Did I tell you that I have at least 6 yards of it? I didn't know I had more than a yard or so, but when I started my fabric folding project I found two large pieces I'd tucked away! :woohoo:

Lisa - I want to wait to go back to WDW until the Fantasyland Expansion is complete . . . lucky for me we want to wait for another family trip until Finn is 40" so I have quite a while :rolleyes1

D~ - Okay, we really need to figure out your Keens . . . I don't know that if I hadn't had my Waimei flip flop Keens first if my Newport H2's would have been as comfortable right off the bat for me . . . I do think the footbed takes a little getting used to. . . :confused3

Mr Rocket should be able to satin stitch a few MHs (with the additional Donald hat of course!) onto those $3 shirts you scored today :) Just do assembly line production - cut all your MHs and hats, iron them in place, satin stitch (and have your spools and bobbins all ready to go before you start). . . that's what I had to do to get all mine done and it's what I did to get your pixie dust done too :)

Which - did I tell y'all? D~'s pixie dust that i sent should arrive at her house TOMORROW :woohoo: Let's hope priority mail from CLT to MSP is speedy quick like it should be!!!

I'm in a funk . . . so, what do y'all do to get yourselves out of a funk?

Okay - when I saw just how few pictures I had left from Day 3 I knew I had to get their pages done and posted tonight before I'd be able to sleep. Especially since I also looked at how many pictures I have to share from Day 4 (and oh! what wonderful pictures they are!) and I know it will take me a while to get those pages done, even in small batches. So, here are the last 6 pages of Day Three of our trip!

FestivaloftheLionKingjpeg.jpg

Phalenjpeg.jpg

WhatACharacterAKjpeg.jpg

KaliRiverRapidsjpeg.jpg

AnimalKingdomOutfitsjpeg.jpg

DayThreeWrapUpjpeg.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter