You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

I am following along and love it so far! We are doing the same cruise next March, so you are getting me really excite about our trip!

Sounds like you guys had a great trip so far! I love the table drama, but I love a good story full of drama!

Can't wait for more!

oh

my

word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just now coming up for air in real life and trying to get caught up everywhere.

First things first.

Cozumel looked heavenly!!!!!!!!!! That is my idea of a private beach day. Well except for the drinks getting weaker as the day went on. :rotfl2:

You looked stunning in your wench gear my dear, well well done and I love pirate goofy.

I am still sad about his soccer ball though.

Pam, you rainforest room outing looks so very zen and I am loving the pic with Donald.

But OY the tablemates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it gets worse???????????

oh

my

word!!!!!!!!!

almost missing the boat???

I can't even imagine. I booked a non DCL excursion today and I am TERRIFIED of missing the boat. They have a great reputation and I am sure it will be fine, and it isn't something DCL offers but I am TERRIFIED all the same.

And that's sober! :rotfl:

Jeesh, if you are that toasted, go sleep it off and order room service. Bad form all around.

We have been so lucky with our tablemates, I can't even imagine but how sad, just sad. And while it didn't effect you...it did. It's just, sad. Glad Josh missed it that night at least. Tweens knocking on the door at 1am???

I am following along and love it so far! We are doing the same cruise next March, so you are getting me really excite about our trip!

Sounds like you guys had a great trip so far! I love the table drama, but I love a good story full of drama!

Can't wait for more!

Hi and :welcome: Sorry I'm slow with the updates. Summer is so crazy busy. :blush:

The table drama is pretty funny.​

oh

my

word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just now coming up for air in real life and trying to get caught up everywhere.

First things first.

Cozumel looked heavenly!!!!!!!!!! That is my idea of a private beach day. Well except for the drinks getting weaker as the day went on. :rotfl2:

You looked stunning in your wench gear my dear, well well done and I love pirate goofy.

I am still sad about his soccer ball though.

Pam, you rainforest room outing looks so very zen and I am loving the pic with Donald.

But OY the tablemates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it gets worse???????????

oh

my

word!!!!!!!!!

almost missing the boat???

I can't even imagine. I booked a non DCL excursion today and I am TERRIFIED of missing the boat. They have a great reputation and I am sure it will be fine, and it isn't something DCL offers but I am TERRIFIED all the same.

And that's sober! :rotfl:

Jeesh, if you are that toasted, go sleep it off and order room service. Bad form all around.

We have been so lucky with our tablemates, I can't even imagine but how sad, just sad. And while it didn't effect you...it did. It's just, sad. Glad Josh missed it that night at least. Tweens knocking on the door at 1am???

Oh girl they were SO nuts and yes, they get more nuts. Really lots of behavioral stuff from what I could tell, not persistent mental illness type stuff. I could diagnose them all day. ;) :rotfl2:

They were nice though if that makes sense. All of them. Very interesting. Lots of boundary issues amongst themselves and clearly some substance abuse. I can't say much because I definitely drank more as the night progresses. party:

Thanks for the kind words. I was SO bloated in the pirate dress. I felt like I was going to pop. :lmao:

What non DCL excursion did you book?

The ball was a big bummer that's for sure.

I love all the little prizes you can win being DVC! The tent, the old Disney pics, very cool!

They were really neat gifts too, good quality. :thumbsup2

Really enjoying your summer boating pictures. That lake looks like so much fun!!!!!

Really enjoying your summer boating pictures. That lake looks like so much fun!!!!!

Its really a blast! :thumbsup2 We'll be going this Sunday. Anything fun planned for the 4th?​

I love the name "five shhets to the wind," though I imagine it would draw attention with the Coast Guard:rotfl:....

I hadn't thought of that. :rotfl2: Excellent point. :thumbsup2

So we left you with hammered table mates and full bellies. Forgive me now for this update. It will severely lack in photos as we danced and drank our butts off. Who has time for picture taking when you’ve got DJ Gary? He was so much fun and kept us happy in the 80’s.

I wish I hadn’t waited so long for this update and truly apologize. While I had every intention on posting sooner, life got in the way.

After dinner we met up with Jennifer and her hubby and some others from our meet. Between the three clubs we had a very fun time. We danced and drank, met a CM who was on her final week working for DCL who was, shall I say, less than enthralled with Disney. She had some nasty things to say about Disney but I won’t be sharing super specifics. I would hate for her to be identified. She spoke of strenuous work hours with very little pay. She was a sweet girl but definitely disenchanted with this type of work. I’ll leave it at that. I know, I know, I always attract those who feel the need to purge their soul. Don’t be jealous. :lmao:

Now I truly can’t recall the order of everything but I am sure Pam can. Be kind Pam. :teeth:

Here’s where it gets a little juicy……so we ended up in one of the clubs after everything else was closed. Side note: Disney can you pump up the nightlife? Not that we didn’t have a GREAT time but more options would have been nice. I don’t want a Carnival wet t-shirt atmosphere but when I say the ship was dead, it was dead. A happy medium would have been good. Ok, back to the juice……

We were all dancing in the club and by all I mean me, Pam, another couple (who we thought was a couple but turned out not to be a couple because on disembarkation day I saw one of the couple with his wife and family), Jenn, her hubby, parent and ACSO. No AC present…..

Randomly through the evening the parent would disappear, then the ACSO would disappear, and then they’d reappear together. Parent did come back with a smudgy face of lipstick. I cannot say there was hanky panky going on but it sure looked and felt like there was. I am telling you, these two were a disaster.

We ended up dancing into the wee hours of the night and closing the place down. party: I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wake up with a little hangover. :blush:

Here are a few photos of the evening. :rotfl:

I may or may not have gone into Shutters and took this redneck photo:

And of the evening, this is all I have. They are of Jennifer and me. She was SO much fun and we keep in touch on FB. Loved her! I’d like to vacation together one day. Her girls were so cute and Joshua’s good buddies on the trip and her hubby was cool, laid back, nice people.

Duckface with Ariel while the ship slept:

I got back to the cabin about 2 am, Joshua was asleep but don’t worry friends, I had my wave phone the entire time and kept in touch with him. He didn’t get back until after midnight. The Sheets know how to cruise! LOL!

I’ll allow Pam to chime in as I am sure the details are more clear for her. ;)

To be continued........

Party time!

Sounds like a great time and what pictures you have looks it too. Would have been fun to hang out with you, Pam, Jenn and her hubby.

From where I'm sitting, I'm highly amused by your tablemates. But being there whilst it was all unfolding....not so much.

Shame you had to be Aunt Abby to that CM. I hope she's feeling better after leaving work.

Its really a blast! :thumbsup2 We'll be going this Sunday. Anything fun planned for the 4th?​

Parade tomorrow. Woo hoo! Our fire company makes us wear our full uniforms to march. So not cool on July 4th. :faint:

Bike ride Saturday. Denny and I mapped out a 50 miler. We'll see if I make it to the end. :scared1:

Get together at my house. Planning on picking some crabs and drinking some brewskies! Picking crabs is probably the A#1 Reason I like living near the Eastern shore of Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay! :thumbsup2

Sunday is church. Then I will probably sleep all afternoon.

I bet you are going out on the boat again!

On to your update:

Too funny about more table mate fodder. You can't even make that stuff up. :rotfl2:

I guess you have psychologist written all over your face and that's why people love to share with you. That is definitely a liability when you are just trying to enjoy your social life. :rolleyes1

Ouch to the hangover. Hopefully you worked it out of your system pretty quickly the next day. :laughing:

Party time!

Sounds like a great time and what pictures you have looks it too. Would have been fun to hang out with you, Pam, Jenn and her hubby.

From where I'm sitting, I'm highly amused by your tablemates. But being there whilst it was all unfolding....not so much.

Shame you had to be Aunt Abby to that CM. I hope she's feeling better after leaving work.

It was such a blast! You nailed it with the table mates. It was funny as it unfolded, not funny as it got more intense, and just silly as I remember it.Who would pay all that money on a cruise just to ruin it? They could have stayed home for free and been dysfunctional.​

Parade tomorrow. Woo hoo! Our fire company makes us wear our full uniforms to march. So not cool on July 4th. :faint:

Bike ride Saturday. Denny and I mapped out a 50 miler. We'll see if I make it to the end. :scared1:

Get together at my house. Planning on picking some crabs and drinking some brewskies! Picking crabs is probably the A#1 Reason I like living near the Eastern shore of Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay! :thumbsup2

Sunday is church. Then I will probably sleep all afternoon.

I bet you are going out on the boat again!

On to your update:

Too funny about more table mate fodder. You can't even make that stuff up. :rotfl2:

I guess you have psychologist written all over your face and that's why people love to share with you. That is definitely a liability when you are just trying to enjoy your social life. :rolleyes1

Ouch to the hangover. Hopefully you worked it out of your system pretty quickly the next day. :laughing:

My hangover did work out quickly. Nothing a little........Disney pizza can't cure. :rotfl2: I am telling you, they must lace it.

You're probably right about my face and active listening skills are decent. Its in my nature to listen if someone needs to purge- LOL!

We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried. Nightly Pam and I would recap the previous days escapades. :laughing: It seemed so surreal.

Crabs and beer? :lovestruc Sounds marvelous. Have fun in the parade. Full uniform? :faint:

Michael usually works but doesn't have to this year. :banana: We've got Chloe's Stadium of Fire but not sure what we're doing during the day. Michael's dept is always in the parade so that's an option. They also do a big fire dept BBQ after so that's also a maybe.

Boat Sunday! :woohoo:

Ooooohhhhh, this was a fun night!

We started off at one of the lounges that was pretty dead, and I mean DEAD.

Us at the bar

fff2e2bd791ee94b373996ff9c5cd6df.jpg

And nobody else...

dd2dc3b5fdb9d732f3a2d1df047559c9.jpg

I started getting really bored of the complaining CM so headed over to the juggler that was next door.

Met the adult tablemates in the hallway who asked in slurred voices where Jenny was. Then overheard the ACSO tell the parent that it's vacation and she should give AC a break.... Well AC was practically falling over and that was the last time she was seen for the night. I went in and enjoyed an awesome juggling show. This guy was hilarious and really was a great performer.

He had two guests 'help' him get on a unicycle

1cd4d013cb21bab62ff969026965aa01.jpg

d57a95c0b88c5938277af5c565c9627b.jpg

d1d8202aa9df99b24f24608076fddb5f.jpg

ea44e0c3510cbcc95cf8ee2b48cd4a4c.jpg

You see how close to the ceiling he was. He really did juggle while riding the unicycle, it was pretty amazing.

3451c9a4f6f026f0010a298ed7dd4350.jpg

And then juggled knives

19b5635cbf06ae991e6910111f6307dd.jpg

860d2a3a86b596114b71c2dee8a784df.jpg

After the awesome show they did a line dancing class. I have always wanted to learn how to line dance and was quite happy to jump in. Now people, this was FUN! I was pretty horrible but I tried. Jenny came and found me but didn't join in the line dancing. After they finished teaching us several dances it merged into a DJ free dance thing. Well pretty soon it was just the four of us and a couple of onlookers.

This guy came out of nowhere and danced with Jenny. He was totally smashed and J said she saw him out and about with his family the next day. He acted like he didn't know her...

299bdb82aa3b48b38c66623cf2048c66.jpg

Terrible photos but you can see how dead the place was

20dcc88efd658d8027eccf21c4ab27b1.jpg

It really felt like the twilight zone, there was nobody there but us. And no, I did not just sit on the sidelines and take photos, I pretty much danced the whole night. But when I took a break I wanted to capture some memories.

6b2d99ae2e5707e90269aa204e038ed0.jpg

c4a82d95d15f329111193998ec0fa21d.jpg

Looks like dancing man came back after a time

18859930acccea3cac27ac70616d32b0.jpg

01ae6ced5eb2797d47f7127febfbee7f.jpg

EMPTY!

6fbf0307200a2bee5a6ea480b7d7a719.jpg

I hate that this one is blurry :(

8c7af9c4ad5e2ce5402a310c0c10f04a.jpg

It was the best night, so much fun! We danced and sang to our hearts content and didn't care there was nobody else there.

You already know about ACSO and parent's VERY STRANGE behavior. It was beyond bizarre.

Finally at 2 am we were kicked out and walked back to our prospective staterooms. We stuck with each other for a time.

17691f57a5999622c680fba72d5b3ddc.jpg

There was a CM vacuuming but otherwise the place was like a ghost ship.

40cfa43ed454bb79075b64d04b3686a0.jpg

3360a43a1d031af589448097c7c26e8d.jpg

I went up to the soda station before going to bed and finally got a people less photo

a3273560bf9f5186638da5a9066d6941.jpg

66cfcce5e9e12d562720f3b58a1b65f3.jpg

That was one fun evening folks! We later learned Josh had been playing the 'elevator game' for a lot of the evening and actually went to bed at a respectable time. One of the younger tablemates thought it was appropriate to knock on his stateroom at 1:00 looking for him... He was either wise or sleeping and she finally gave up.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I totally forgot about the dancing drunk guy!!! He was hilarious. I couldn't understand a word he said. I thought I saw him the next day but wasn't sure it was him.

Your pics are SO good. :thumbsup2

We did have fun didn't we!! And the only pic of Gary, the uber fun DJ. :woohoo:

And I am so responsible, water in every photo. ;)

I forgot those dumb girls at the door at 1 am. He was not a fan of that at all.

You were so cute line dancing. :goodvibes

How cool is that towel animal?​

When you guys said the club was empty you were not exaggerating! Omg! At leat you had fun together!

I see 4 people in the club. Those lucky, lucky 4 people....fancy having the place and the ship to yourselves.

Great pics, Pam. :thumbsup2

Pam - you did a great job capturing the deadness of the evening. Wow - that IS dead! Thank goodness you and Jenny were keeping it real for the whole ship. :rotfl2:

That juggler looks pretty amazing.

This is great. Jenny are you trying to give her a drink? :rotfl2:

That towel lobster is pretty amazing.

Fun updates girls!

What a fun night (well, outside the tablemate drama!)...Disney really does get dead at night...but then I'm usually super tired and go to bed early anyway. :)

Jill in CO

When you guys said the club was empty you were not exaggerating! Omg! At leat you had fun together!

I knew Disney wasn't a party ship but didn't realize it fell dormant after midnight. But you are right, we had a total blast. DJ Gary was elated as well. Nothing better than spinning 80's tunes for the mid 40's crowd. party:

I see 4 people in the club. Those lucky, lucky 4 people....fancy having the place and the ship to yourselves.

Great pics, Pam. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Service was stellar thats for sue. Every song requested was ours. :cool1:

Pam - you did a great job capturing the deadness of the evening. Wow - that IS dead! Thank goodness you and Jenny were keeping it real for the whole ship. :rotfl2:

That juggler looks pretty amazing.

This is great. Jenny are you trying to give her a drink? :rotfl2:

That towel lobster is pretty amazing.

Fun updates girls!

Clearly I had had enough to drink and needed to share. I think being a land based statue makes Ariel thirsty. :rotfl2:

What a fun night (well, outside the tablemate drama!)...Disney really does get dead at night...but then I'm usually super tired and go to bed early anyway. :)

Jill in CO

At home I'm an early bird but on vacation I like to hit it hard. :rotfl:

I end up hitting it so hard on Disney cruises I don't think I every make it until midnight. I've never been to a club at night after dinner. :sad2: I eat too much and between the glasses of wine, and the DOTD before dinner, you can put a fork in me once dinner is over. :lmao:

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time! I hope when we are on our cruise we all pump each other up to go out after dinner!

Wow on the tablemates! I've seen stuff on Jerry Springer where folks do their SO's parents, but crazy to witness it first hand!

I am glad that you had a good night despite some weird and wonderful behaviour of various people and how quiet the clubs were. We tend to go to bed pretty much straight after late dinner, but we tend to have very busy days.

Corinna

Oh my goodness, what a fun, hysterical update! We have found that too with the clubs on our cruises. It will be interesting to see if this next one is any different but I LOVE that you made a party out of it regardless.

Oh my on the continuing saga of the table mates and folks that acted like a couple but weren't and dancing drunk guy?

This is WAY more entertainment than we've ever had on our cruises. What a riot all around. And sad at times too but wow. I can feel the fun. Love it.

Jenny girl I'm going to do an update this week on all our excursions as I finally booked everything I could (no Palo brunch yet though, WAH!), lets just say the non DCL one is a bit nuts, even for us. It will be interesting to see what we keep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter