You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

Looks like you had a fun night. :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Your tablemates are just :scratchin aren't they?!?! So weird.

Ok, so it's a really slow day at work (don't judge me) and I have read through this entire thing! Jenny, thanks so much! We are going on the Wonder, with the same itinerary as this, for the first time ever in November, and this couldn't have been a better trip report for us! You and Pam did awesome taking pics and describing your trip. Sounds so fun! Thanks for sharing!

-Chris

Great update! I am like Alison too. I have never made it out at night. we turned into mice and pumpkins by then! But nice to see the clubs full to the max lol. I know where everybody is I can explain. They are party animals someplace else... Our cabin location on last cruise can reveal it is the ship laundry. Try there next time. Those guys were having a ball! Tide party time and downy dance. All to the beat of the dryer..

I end up hitting it so hard on Disney cruises I don't think I every make it until midnight. I've never been to a club at night after dinner. :sad2: I eat too much and between the glasses of wine, and the DOTD before dinner, you can put a fork in me once dinner is over. :lmao:

I'm glad you guys had such a fun time! I hope when we are on our cruise we all pump each other up to go out after dinner!

Wow on the tablemates! I've seen stuff on Jerry Springer where folks do their SO's parents, but crazy to witness it first hand!

They were total Jerry Springer, maybe Maury too as I felt bad for them as well. I can't so no to a good dose of dysfunction as long as its not aimed at me. :rotfl:

We had SO much fun. We danced the night away, laughing, drinking, really such a fun time. We'll be pumped to go out for sure! I really tried to stay away from stuffing myself silly though I did gain weight. I skipped desert and we shared a lot. I think just the general lack of activity made it easy for me to be lazy.​

I am glad that you had a good night despite some weird and wonderful behaviour of various people and how quiet the clubs were. We tend to go to bed pretty much straight after late dinner, but we tend to have very busy days.

Corinna

I like the busy days too. I swear I have a vacation brain and just go go go. :hyper: I can sleep when I'm dead. :rotfl2: But really to each his own. That's the beauty of vacation, there's no right way.​

Wow! That is some crazy behavior from the table mates! Looks like a really fun night!

Super fun and they were super crazy! :scared: It gets worse if you can imagine. :eek:

Oh my goodness, what a fun, hysterical update! We have found that too with the clubs on our cruises. It will be interesting to see if this next one is any different but I LOVE that you made a party out of it regardless.

Oh my on the continuing saga of the table mates and folks that acted like a couple but weren't and dancing drunk guy?

This is WAY more entertainment than we've ever had on our cruises. What a riot all around. And sad at times too but wow. I can feel the fun. Love it.

Jenny girl I'm going to do an update this week on all our excursions as I finally booked everything I could (no Palo brunch yet though, WAH!), lets just say the non DCL one is a bit nuts, even for us. It will be interesting to see what we keep!

Ooooo, I can't wait to see all your plans. :thumbsup2

I admit, I was surprised at the level of scandal we encountered. M said its me that attracts the nuts. :lmao: But other than a few good drinking stories and Mixologies, I hadn't read anything like this. Guess we were just lucky. :rotfl: I'm telling you when we disembarked and I saw part of the couple with his wife, I about died. I snapped a sly pic and sent it to Pam. :rotfl2: I'm laughing now thinking about it. These two even hung out during the day so imagine my surprise when I saw him married. To a woman. Yowza!

:woohoo: We did make a party out of it. And if anyone has the chance to hang out with DJ Gary on a cruise, do it! He was really fun. Great DJ and very patient with our buzzines. Is that a word? ;)

Looks like you had a fun night. :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Your tablemates are just :scratchin aren't they?!?! So weird.

::yes:: They were very :scratchin :rotfl: They were nice though which is the dichotomy of the whole thing. You couldn't help but like them. They were never rude to us, in fact the mother was very nice. We took pics of her dinner even after the 2nd or 3rd night. :upsidedow

Ok, so it's a really slow day at work (don't judge me) and I have read through this entire thing! Jenny, thanks so much! We are going on the Wonder, with the same itinerary as this, for the first time ever in November, and this couldn't have been a better trip report for us! You and Pam did awesome taking pics and describing your trip. Sounds so fun! Thanks for sharing!

-Chris

:welcome: and thanks for joining in and posting Chris. No judgement here. I pray for slow work days to catch up on all my threads.

We loved the itinerary. I'd do this exact cruise again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2 If you have any questions, ask away.​

Great update! I am like Alison too. I have never made it out at night. we turned into mice and pumpkins by then! But nice to see the clubs full to the max lol. I know where everybody is I can explain. They are party animals someplace else... Our cabin location on last cruise can reveal it is the ship laundry. Try there next time. Those guys were having a ball! Tide party time and downy dance. All to the beat of the dryer..

Oh I can only party hard one night out of 7. I'm not the young chick I use to be. :rotfl: Laundry party? :rotfl: Clean drawers are a good time!​

:thumbsup2 So glad! How's summer treating you all? Do you homeschool throughout the summer too?​

Yes sort of, here in Nebraska instead of a certain number of days I have to homeschool a certain number of hours between June-May so in the summer we do fun things like go to the library, trips to the zoo, art museum or anything that can be a learning experience (that we would do anyways) I count all that time as school. They are all the places the schools go during the school year for field trips so why can't they count for us? We do go to some of those place the rest of the year too but if I count those hours during the summer then we can take all of Dec. off and do fun things for the holidays. We still do math and english in Dec but mostly just review. It also means we can take time off when the grandparents come to visit.

Wednesday, April 2, Day at Sea.

And thank goodness it was because both Joshua and I were tired and slept until 10 am! :faint: Even with us rolling in at 1 and 2 am respectively, I cannot believe we slept that late. Neither of us are big sleepers. Clearly, we needed it. I had set out our room service card before dinner the night before so our room service did arrive at a prompt 7:30 am. I vaguely recall room service entering and setting it up but there it was when we woke up. LOL! By the time we got to it, almost 3 hours later it wasn't very edible. We did eat the fruit but that's about it. My tummy was calling for something wonderful and greasy. I'll give you one guess where we ended up for *breakfast*. :hyper:

Knowing it was a sea day, we had looked through the Navigator pictured below, and made a plan for the day. Tonight was our Triton's dinner and Up was playing on the funnel vision during early dining. I cannot tell you how amazing the ship is when all of the early diners are at dinner. The deck literally clears out. It's quiet and warm and wonderful. I know I keep repeating that but honestly, it's like being on two different ships. :thumbsup2

Navigator:

0fc57e5d13eaffe15549450cd506977d_zps140aca6f.jpg

f98fc137ff6d1be2ef01e5f6defdc368_zps4e4e3164.jpg

bfaa282564b953dd020b11020666cd0a_zpsbb4c7935.jpg

955fea632999a2d8d87c47579aab36f0_zps6f3c294c.jpg

7add2048e485cbe821f495515282c942_zpsd60b98df.jpg

7b78585787fc13f2deaf77f3792ddbcd_zps73eb7d66.jpg

Aside from Up nothing really struck our fancy as far activities went. Joshua had plans to meet his friends so I was more than happy to chill at the adult pool. That's where Pam and I met up.

After a brief showers, we went to the pool area and grabbed some pizza and drinks. Did you guess I'd go for pizza? I mean really, what was wrong with me?! :lmao:

Once Joshua met Ellie, I grabbed a chair at the adult pool. My goodness is that a different experience than at the family pool. :cloud9:

Joshua and Ellie would check in periodically going between the club, playing soccer, the ice cream machine, and Beach Blanket Buffet. He had to have the crab legs. He said they pigged out on crab legs and dessert. The kids knows what he's doing!

I ordered a drink, hair of the dog, and just chilled. I chatted with the couple from the night before. Both were heading to the gym, looking smitten as ever. Yeah, I know!! He was married! I mean I know people cheat all the time but on a Disney ship? :rotfl2:

I sat near the edge so Joshua could just was to me to get my attention so he wouldn't have to walk into the adults' area. BTW, what is it with people allowing or asking to bring their little darlings into the adult pool area? I mean seriously. I have three children and I love them with all of my heart but an adult area is just that and they don't belong. I just don't understand the level of entitlement.

I realized that today would be our last sea day and went into panic picture taking mode. As long as I didn't have to walk far or it was on the way to pizza/drinks, I snapped a pic. ;)

Here are a few. They were taken with my phone. And a mildly buzzed brain.

From my chair:

I went up for a minute to spy on Joshua playing soccer. He's in the brown shirt and dark shorts.

Busted!

So......as Pam and I were chatting and laughing about the night before we all of a sudden hear bright star, bright star (or was it star bright, star bright Pam?) over the loud speaker. We both figured the clubs may be having some sort of scavenger hunt or game. No biggie. We continued to chat and to listen to the musician who may have been good but his music was so slow and unfitting for a daytime pool atmosphere.

But wait, within about a minute we see a bunch of crew members in white shirts running over to the kiddie pool/pizza area. Pam and I looked at each and knew without a doubt it had something to do with our table mates, something scandalous and at the same time intriguing. They kept upping the stakes so who were we to not follow along? :lmao:

To be continued......

But wait, within about a minute we see a bunch of crew members in white shirts running over to the kiddie pool/pizza area. Pam and I looked at each and knew[i/] without a doubt it had something to do with our table mates, something scandalous and at the same time intriguing. They kept upping the stakes so who were we to not follow along? :lmao:

To be continued......

Of COURSE it was! Who ELSE could it be? :lmao:

That is exactly why I drink every day on a Disney trip. I feel a little slow from the night before and then magically another adult beverage makes it all right with the world again. :worship: That sounds REALLY bad, doesn't it? ::yes::

Cheating on a Disney cruise? That ought to be agains the law. :rotfl2:

Of COURSE it was! Who ELSE could it be? :lmao:

That is exactly why I drink every day on a Disney trip. I feel a little slow from the night before and then magically another adult beverage makes it all right with the world again. :worship: That sounds REALLY bad, doesn't it? ::yes::

Cheating on a Disney cruise? That ought to be agains the law. :rotfl2:

The cheating couple was just so interesting. You could tell they hadn't known each other for long and didn't necessarily take the cruise together because there was a sort of newness and unfamiliarity between. I figured they just met on the cruise. Maybe they had chatted online and met on the cruise, who knows but their body language was obvious. Sorry I read people for a living and it's hard to turn that off when people watching. :scratching Anyway...they met before the gym and were a little more formal with each other but then after they were sweating and chatty with us. So odd. Imagine how uber shocked I was when I saw one of the guys with his wife. Cheating on a Disney cruise just seems so dirty. :lmao:

I drank every day too. I drink every day on every vacation. It's vacation! :woohoo: I don't get blotto but I do imbibe.

Oh yeah, it was our table mates and after bright star/star bright it gets even worse!!!​

Good job on sleeping in and having pizza for breakfast. :thumbsup2

I go into panic mode towards the end of a vacation as well. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

And I can't wait to see what happens next. popcorn::

Sleeping in is gooooood! I am looking forward to a little of that myself sometime soon...maybe not on this next cruise, though- this is more of an up and at em kind of a trip- Alaska, I mean. :thumbsup2

OK- you are KILLLLLLLLING me with the suspense!! What did they do now???

And I can't remember if I posted- but wow what a great night!! :dance3: I recall having the SAME experience on the Dream (dancing like maniacs and no one else really there). I don't know why, but on shorter cruises (that I have been on) it seems people arent dancin in there. TOTALLY the opposite on the 7 night ones. Always loads of dancin buddies- we had an especially great time on the Fantasy over NYE- all ages, all dancin together- it was my FAVORITE!!!!! :banana:

I've been MIA since the end of May and thought I'd get caught up on the tablemates tonight only to find we're hanging in suspense.:rotfl2: At least I didn't have too many pages to get through.:thumbsup2

Your cruise has been way more entertaining (people watching) than the ones I've been on or I've just been oblivious to what's going on around me.

OK, this is just way too much suspense, what in the $%*^* did they do??????

Sounds like a nice day! :cool1: Love a pool, relaxing, sleep in kind of day.

The cheating couple is TOO BIZARRE for words. Seriously?! Blech. :sick:

I cannot wait to hear about the antics of your table mates...what did they get themselves into now?!??!

You had it correct, bright star bright star.

I'm with you, why do the adults think it's ok to bring their kids in the adult only area. If you want to be with your kids go to the family pool...

That couple was too much. You don't think it's possible he was traveling with his sister? You definitely think they were married? I hate the idea of a dad sleeping around while on vacation with his kid. So low.

So......as Pam and I were chatting and laughing about the night before we all of a sudden hear bright star, bright star (or was it star bright, star bright Pam?) over the loud speaker. We both figured the clubs may be having some sort of scavenger hunt or game. No biggie. We continued to chat and to listen to the musician who may have been good but his music was so slow and unfitting for a daytime pool atmosphere. But wait, within about a minute we see a bunch of crew members in white shirts running over to the kiddie pool/pizza area. Pam and I looked at each and knew[i/] without a doubt it had something to do with our table mates, something scandalous and at the same time intriguing. They kept upping the stakes so who were we to not follow along? :lmao: To be continued......

Chase and I had just grabbed snacks from the quick service and were walking on the upper deck when we heard the call. I knew from reading posts here that Bright Star was an emergency call, so we walked toward the commotion. We ended up with a table overlooking the kiddie pool just in time to see the whole fiasco play out. I couldn't believe it when I saw that it was your crazy table mates. Talk about dinner and a show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter