You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

We went up and got a surprisingly delicious drink by the pool and then the lure of the free pin led us here

67342c8f326028f0c181a5c50f11978e.jpg

096cb56ef0bfc7df8ca39598599e8687.jpg

7d10b2fb72255c36c74ad1bb228e936b.jpg

People, it was painful. We almost left so many times. Easy, stupidly easy, questions were stumping people on stage. And then the CM would do a dramatic pause and ask them if they were sure of their answer, and sometimes lead them to the correct one. Oh but the lure of an exclusive free pin. Turns out only the people onstage who happened to lose would get the pin. A waste of our lives.

Then off to dinner where it seemed for a bit that we'd be dining alone.

7d323227ad718a8e36b586783d08cd5b.jpg

The rest of our tablemates showed up, and they were hammered. Well, the two young adults anyway. Mom was pissed off and the two younger ones seemed to be oblivious to it. Sadly it was that they were used to it. You know it already but the two were who the CMs were paging about. I think we were supposed to leave port at 5:45 and they got to the ship at 5:58. Mom had gone down to guest services saying the ship couldn't leave them, yada yada yada. In the nasty way people who are used to getting what they want say. If you get my drift. Amazingly Disney didn't leave them, I think any other cruise line would have.

They were at Senoir Frogs, drinking to their hearts content. Had to be driven up the pier by one of the guys on the bikes. I think they had rented a scooter and had some trouble returning it or took it to the wrong place, who knows. Bottom line they almost missed the ship and were totally drunk at dinner. That didn't affect me at all though, bring on the grub!

J and I shared this, some kind of pumpkin stack. No bueno.

0db50d03778fbc8269859095e8ae7f8d.jpg

This was like a Caesar salad, very tasty

a33b813a227a74c2d8d08dd9b3091b8e.jpg

I then had the grouper and it was dry. I didn't make the mistake of not telling Ozzy again. He brought me a very delicious replacement piece and a fabulous baked potato.

21575a812d47512cbd88fc92f9efd7e0.jpg

9159c97e5f06aba2d9299fe5dad70ccd.jpg

Like Jenny said, at some point adult kids left, and then later young kids left to find Josh. We were left with mom who shared the whole story with us. She was also quite mad that they said she was drunk the night before and missed dinner because of it. Had only had one drink, never drinks, ect. ect.

On to dessert, I don't like complainers.

Fabulous pineapple cake

132fc7667a34ae0bfc69fc73cf7278fd.jpg

And then I was brought a birthday celebration cake. So nice of them.

54b1dbbbd1655d60aabc62a68c411efa.jpg

Dinner was quite delicious overall. The evenings weirdness however, was just getting started.

Wouldn't that have been a blast?! How long is that cruise?

In Cozumel I have only been to Nachi. Loved the beach and food but I'm not sure how the snorkeling was. There is plenty of time to do all you want though. We were off the ship early plus the clock was set back an hour and all aboard wasn't until late.​

It's 14 nights, sailing out of Miami and ending in San Diego. Can't. Wait.

Thanks for the info on Cozumel, I will definitely look into Nachi :beach:

Oh sounds interesting re evenings weirdness just getting starting!

How nice to run into that happy Duck cute photo. Yum to the ice cream.

The spa looks lovely. I bet that was an oasis to behold. Your meal looks good too. I found the bakes potatoes my goto food cooked to perfection on the cruise. They just ordered me one every night in the end. Like Jenny with her soda don't you just love they do that!

Sounds like kids sadly take after Mom at your table. Not actually wonderful at taking responsibility...

Just you wait, this is only the tip of the iceberg!

And there was no line! I couldn't believe it. :)

The spa looks lovely. I bet that was an oasis to behold.

That room is basically hot hot stone loungers. Perfection. :cloud9:

Your meal looks good too. I found the bakes potatoes my goto food cooked to perfection on the cruise. They just ordered me one every night in the end. Like Jenny with her soda don't you just love they do that!

Those baked potatoes were so good!

Some of my cruises have had sub par servers, such as my recent Fantasy cruise...

Sounds like kids sadly take after Mom at your table. Not actually wonderful at taking responsibility...

There's more :rolleyes1

We did the same cruise last month and it was absolutely amazing. Ours was 15 nights though and additionally stopped in Key West.

Corinna

Goodness, it definitely sounds like it was a blessing that your memories of this evening are not crystal clear. What a going on! I can't believe that they nearly missed the ship. I am actually surprised that Captain Fabian waited for them. He is not usually know to wait around after all aboard time.

Well done on winning the DVC tent. We won one in December, but had to turn it down as it would not have fit in the suitcase.

I hope you enjoyed The Golden Mickeys. It is now so long ago that I watched this that Roy Disney was still featured in this.

Corinna

Pam, it sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing day.

So I can understand this all better and have a more clear picture, AC and ACSO are a lesbian couple? Not that it matters, but I can see it a lot more understanding that. I can't believe that the ship waited, we always make sure that we are back well in advance of All Aboard.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your evening despite the drama. Sounds like it progresses. :rolleyes1

I'll be back to reply to all but no Alison, straight couple. AC female and ACSO male.

World Cup! ⚽⚽⚽️​

OK - so I'm a little confused but let's see if I've got this straight.....

the table mates were drunk, but everyone showed up in Pam's update. The young adults almost missed the boat, but didn't. Phew

......then the next night the young adults missed the boat completely. Are You Kidding Me??????? That whole family sounds like a train wreck, but excellent fodder for a trip report. My goodness.

So the food looks yummy, but I'm so distracted by the drunk table mates that I forget what else I was going to say.

Oh yeah - rain forrest room looks amazing. I'm glad you got to enjoy it Pam.

CM's really can get 3 drinks for $10? I'm so jealous! :rotfl:

I am so sorry its taken me so lung to reply. Crazy weekend. I'll post some real life pics of real life. :goodvibes

I left you guys off with me putting some laundry in. I then went up to the Rainforest Room. Jenny had bought a day pass before boarding the ship and realized that she really wouldn't have any time to use it since at the time Josh hadn't made many friends. She very kindly let me use it and I completely forgot to give her some money. I still owe you! :)

9fbabc30f3cd697a50ef24c74d16d88b.jpg

Locker room pics

b806f31cad8a02466c1a3151ade53e19.jpg

4c3fa0f4537d7b46747c16ec9b064b52.jpg

bb191777d13f2a71d6a4af3230799c93.jpg

0c412ca7a132a467800c872c1f3fd1c2.jpg

No pictures of the Rainforest Room, I left the camera behind. But I had the place to myself, it was awesome. I tried all the saunas and all the showers. It was glorious. I think I was in there for about an hour and then headed down to grab my laundry. I asked the CM for the time and was shocked when she told me. Found out shortly after that she hadn't turned her watch back...

1179d8ee9016703dbdbedd35f93233ea.jpg

My steward was in the hallway and opened the stateroom door for me. Shortly after I hear a knock at the door. It was my steward giving me more H2O goodies! Too cool.

I watched Wreck-It Ralph in the room and caught up in my journal until 3:25, then headed up to lounge in the sun.

Stopped for a slice of pizza and then went to the Quiet Cove area. Fresh out of the oven pizza, SO GOOD!

47d9b77e76078aa5b4f7fd8a0e6a58d5.jpg

2750b4336113663327e59d03dfe738b7.jpg

Sorry half naked man, I didn't notice you there

9d883f5aa8bec9fff43e29f159037bef.jpg

It was super hot out so I swam for a bit. The water was a perfect temperature and the pool was DEEP! I couldn't touch the bottom, I loved it. After some time I started getting thirsty so went for a drink. Who was coming towards me but the fabulous Jenny! After getting my drink I would meet her back at the QC.

And who did I see on the way but my favorite character!!! I get so excited.

78070c5a0e50cec5fc09f7d050e96c42.jpg

Back to the QC and Jenny told me about their day. Josh was off with friends he had made which was awesome. She told me about the soccer ball fiasco. And then we parted ways intending to meet up to see the Golden Mickeys later at 6:00.

I swam a little more and then had the brilliant idea to go back in the Rainforest Room.

I sat in my favorite sauna and just enjoyed the peacefulness.

d5f6713ba9a1b85cd2719ff3e6ee5268.jpg

865b5c6a0abe01cfa8a0e79a3a518c70.jpg

I was only in there for 10 minutes but it was perfection.

Then to the room to get cleaned up and ready.

I got distracted by the ice cream

a1358a5e9c916663bfa0d6c9fe498868.jpg

Looks like I forgot a picture of the actual treat...

After getting cleaned up I headed up to meet Jenny. I heard an overhead page that the first five people, maybe it was ten, that got to the DVC podium with a cap or lanyard would win one of the pop up tents. I didn't race, I had won one at the meeting. I did stop by and get my evenings present

8d8c1b3d75372785325f74918748aaac.jpg

And took some pictures while waiting for Jenny. Another overhead page shortly after saying that such and such family and such and such family needed to report to guest services immediately. The page was repeated maybe 10 minutes later.

31ad59b9e3d7b0a971a74bf609a06ed4.jpg

b70f08278a8f3b7b65aabefec2ef5c39.jpg

61d767863eb1f9c6b4a03d14b3f7257e.jpg

Love the detail on this

99b1dba09494fa65d50a0a0ce03b0a5e.jpg

And who did I see over at the DVC podium getting a pop up tent? Jenny of course! Apparently Josh had locked her out of the room so she didn't have a lanyard but they gave her one anyway. Too cool.

Then off to our show

078ac6121363881c1d294459c0f309af.jpg

I really liked seeing it again and I hope Jenny didn't think it was a waste of time. One thing to note is that they have a video of Disney's CEO Bob Iger talking to the main character in the show. I thought Bob wasn't doing that job anymore...

After the show we still had an hour before dinner so did some wandering. I think at some point we took Jenny's tent to her room, or she ran up there, I didn't write that down. We wandered through Studio Sea where a super nice CM told us to come back later for a game show because even the losers get a cool pin. Hmmm, I wanted a free pin....

I knew we did the Golden Mickey's. :laughing: Bob Iger. :rotfl2: Poor Bob Iger.

Yes, my tent. I knew I forgot a lot. They still have the tent set up in the loft upstairs. :thumbsup2

I am so glad you got to use that Rainforest Pass and I swear of you try to give me $16 I will be insulted. It was a regift. Hahaha! A gift for me, from me, and then gifted to you. :lmao:

Pam, love the pic of you and Donald. Adorable!​

We went up and got a surprisingly delicious drink by the pool and then the lure of the free pin led us here

67342c8f326028f0c181a5c50f11978e.jpg

096cb56ef0bfc7df8ca39598599e8687.jpg

7d10b2fb72255c36c74ad1bb228e936b.jpg

People, it was painful. We almost left so many times. Easy, stupidly easy, questions were stumping people on stage. And then the CM would do a dramatic pause and ask them if they were sure of their answer, and sometimes lead them to the correct one. Oh but the lure of an exclusive free pin. Turns out only the people onstage who happened to lose would get the pin. A waste of our lives.

It was the worst show ever! So painful. :scared: We didn't ;eft because we wanted the pins we never got. Lesson learned. Next time, we'll buy the pins and save an hour. LOL!​

Then off to dinner where it seemed for a bit that we'd be dining alone.

7d323227ad718a8e36b586783d08cd5b.jpg

The rest of our tablemates showed up, and they were hammered. Well, the two young adults anyway. Mom was pissed off and the two younger ones seemed to be oblivious to it. Sadly it was that they were used to it. You know it already but the two were who the CMs were paging about. I think we were supposed to leave port at 5:45 and they got to the ship at 5:58. Mom had gone down to guest services saying the ship couldn't leave them, yada yada yada. In the nasty way people who are used to getting what they want say. If you get my drift. Amazingly Disney didn't leave them, I think any other cruise line would have.

They were at Senoir Frogs, drinking to their hearts content. Had to be driven up the pier by one of the guys on the bikes. I think they had rented a scooter and had some trouble returning it or took it to the wrong place, who knows. Bottom line they almost missed the ship and were totally drunk at dinner. That didn't affect me at all though, bring on the grub!

Hammered. Like so wasted slurring hammered not funny drunk but scene wasted. Didn't affect me either. I am glad Joshua was gone though as he would have been seated by ACSO.

That's right, parent or Mom went to guest services to plead their case. bet she wishes they would have left them after the course of the next two days until disembarkation.​

J and I shared this, some kind of pumpkin stack. No bueno.

0db50d03778fbc8269859095e8ae7f8d.jpg

It was odd yeah.​

This was like a Caesar salad, very tasty

a33b813a227a74c2d8d08dd9b3091b8e.jpg

I then had the grouper and it was dry. I didn't make the mistake of not telling Ozzy again. He brought me a very delicious replacement piece and a fabulous baked potato.

21575a812d47512cbd88fc92f9efd7e0.jpg

9159c97e5f06aba2d9299fe5dad70ccd.jpg

New fish sans lecture. :cool1:

Like Jenny said, at some point adult kids left, and then later young kids left to find Josh. We were left with mom who shared the whole story with us. She was also quite mad that they said she was drunk the night before and missed dinner because of it. Had only had one drink, never drinks, ect. ect.

On to dessert, I don't like complainers.

:rotfl2: You don't like complainers. :rotfl2: Her whole story was totally weird. She drinks, she doesn't drink, this is her first serious relationship......​

Fabulous pineapple cake

132fc7667a34ae0bfc69fc73cf7278fd.jpg

It really was so delicious, moist, perfect! :cloud9:

And then I was brought a birthday celebration cake. So nice of them.

54b1dbbbd1655d60aabc62a68c411efa.jpg

Dinner was quite delicious overall. The evenings weirdness however, was just getting started.

That birthday cake was nice.​

That sounds amazing. How many sea days is that?​

The spa looks lovely. I bet that was an oasis to behold. Your meal looks good too. I found the bakes potatoes my goto food cooked to perfection on the cruise. They just ordered me one every night in the end. Like Jenny with her soda don't you just love they do that!

The adult children were far from adults. I am not judging the partying at all but almost missing the ship. Ridiculous.​

Goodness, it definitely sounds like it was a blessing that your memories of this evening are not crystal clear. What a going on! I can't believe that they nearly missed the ship. I am actually surprised that Captain Fabian waited for them. He is not usually know to wait around after all aboard time.

Well done on winning the DVC tent. We won one in December, but had to turn it down as it would not have fit in the suitcase.

I hope you enjoyed The Golden Mickeys. It is now so long ago that I watched this that Roy Disney was still featured in this.

Corinna

I am not a huge stage show person and found the show just so-so. Commentary with Pam was a blast though. :thumbsup2 I think I'd be fine skipping all the shows.​

Pam, it sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing day.

So I can understand this all better and have a more clear picture, AC and ACSO are a lesbian couple? Not that it matters, but I can see it a lot more understanding that. I can't believe that the ship waited, we always make sure that we are back well in advance of All Aboard.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your evening despite the drama. Sounds like it progresses. :rolleyes1

It gets so much worse. :faint: But funny enough it didn't impact us at all. Other than the tweens knocking on our door at 1 am looking for Joshua. :headache: They got an earful from me about that. ;)

So like I said, they were a straight couple. AC is a chick and ACSO is a dude. Parent is a mom. I was vague as not to identify them.

I am surprised the ship waited too. I can only imagine the whopper the mom told to get them to stay.​

The evening weirdness is only beginning??? :faint:

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

OK - so I'm a little confused but let's see if I've got this straight.....

the table mates were drunk, but everyone showed up in Pam's update. The young adults almost missed the boat, but didn't. Phew

......then the next night the young adults missed the boat completely. Are You Kidding Me??????? That whole family sounds like a train wreck, but excellent fodder for a trip report. My goodness.

So the food looks yummy, but I'm so distracted by the drunk table mates that I forget what else I was going to say.

Oh yeah - rain forrest room looks amazing. I'm glad you got to enjoy it Pam.

CM's really can get 3 drinks for $10? I'm so jealous! :rotfl:

Sorry to be confusing. They never missed the boat completely. They almost missed it tonight. The next night is even worse.

Yes, tablemates hammered but all show up.

It does make good trip fodder. popcorn::

And right on 3 drinks for $10! They deserve for how hard they work that's for sure.​

Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot the letters. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

But we couldn't have bought the pin, it was exclusive to that game show :sad: :rotfl:

Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot the letters. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

But we couldn't have bought the pin, it was exclusive to that game show :sad: :rotfl:

Its actually easier now posting AC and her boyfriend. :thumbsup2

Dang! Unless I can guarantee we get chosen, I'm not sure I could suffer through that again. :rotfl2:

Its actually easier now posting AC and her boyfriend. :thumbsup2

Dang! Unless I can guarantee we get chosen, I'm not sure I could suffer through that again. :rotfl2:

I can't do it again, I just can't.

Well, maybe one more time and if I don't win I won't try again :rotfl:

I am really liking everyone's real time/real life updates so I thought I'd share too. :)

We took the boat out Friday to our favorite Utah body of water. It was a beautiful 80* at Pineview. I'll apologize for posting multiple times. I'm posting from my phone and editing to add photos is not user friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter