Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

It's there! I read somewhere that AKL does that too, but they leave African proverbs instead of Native American ones (obviously). I think that is one of the best touches.

I do, too. I remember the ones at the Grand Flo from my honeymoon were so sweet. I think I may have some in my scrapbook.

OMG you threw out the KTTW card?!?! :scared1: Thank goodness it was so easily fixed! :goodvibes

You and Legomom DID meet! :thumbsup2

Fireworks from your room??? WOW! Wilderness Lodge is now totally on my wish list.

popcorn::

OMG you threw out the KTTW card?!?! :scared1: Thank goodness it was so easily fixed! :goodvibes

Okay, if I had known everyone was going to be so shocked, I would have considered omitting that little tidbit! :lmao:

Fireworks from your room??? WOW! Wilderness Lodge is now totally on my wish list.

popcorn::

It was an awesome stay. :goodvibes

TK---so glad your view was SO AWESOME!!!! And a standard view room to boot!!!! What a lovely little surprise!!!

Is the turn-down service included? Or do you have to pay extra for it?

I am SO nervous every time you mention the tick, tick, tick of the ticking time bomb!!!!

Wow TK ... sounds like your trip was off to a great start!!!

Love that feeling of the first day, everything is still a possibility...

Feeling anxious with all the ticking...

Timebombs and vacations are not the best mix (although with my crew the time bomb is always part of the package!!!)

Wow it is so cool that you could see the fireworks from your standard veiw room.

And, it was totally unexpected. We were on the fourth floor, and I knew from reading the WL FAQ thread that the best fireworks view rooms were really the 5th or 6th floors, so I never even thought we'd be able to see them. It was quite a good surprise.:thumbsup2

Is the turn-down service included? Or do you have to pay extra for it?

Totally included.

I am SO nervous every time you mention the tick, tick, tick of the ticking time bomb!!!!

It's coming soon...;)

Note to self.... get the turn down service....

I highly recommend it!:goodvibes

Love that feeling of the first day, everything is still a possibility...

It's a wonderful open feeling.

Feeling anxious with all the ticking...

Timebombs and vacations are not the best mix (although with my crew the time bomb is always part of the package!!!)

I'm afraid once I describe you'll all be thinking...what, that's it? But at the time it felt awful.

I keep thinking about making a change in one of my ADR's so we can visit Wilderness Lodge... it looks so beautiful and seems so interesting!

I keep thinking about making a change in one of my ADR's so we can visit Wilderness Lodge... it looks so beautiful and seems so interesting!

It's a gorgeous resort! Be forewarned, dear friend. After you see it, you're going to want to stay there!!! ;) :lmao:

I woke up this day not knowing what I would face,:confused3 and reflecting on the day before, which was awesome! ::yes:: Typically, I would wake up before DH, a little before DS, make myself some tea, and have a nice little cup of warmth to see me through my morning journaling. Yes, DIS friends, I kept a journal of the trip. Every morning, I would wake up and write my notes on what had happened the day before. That way it was still fresh in my mind. This ended up being a blessing, because without my notes...we wouldn't have a trip report!!!:thumbsup2

Overall, this would be a good day, but not without it's challenges, for DS...and me.:rolleyes:

After getting ourselves ready, we headed to Epcot, and not having a frame of reference, DS was reluctant. I swear, it was like the years we'd taken him there just flew right out of his head. Like he didn't remember anything. He kept saying, "I don't want to go to DisneyWorld." :eek: That set the tone. Never mind the fact that any time he saw any kind of candy or treat he would have a complete meltdown when we told him no. And I mean a MELTDOWN.:headache:

Everything seemed like it was going to be a challenge. When we arrived, we headed to the Character Connection, figuring Mickey and friends would help get him in the spirit. I want to preface this with two things. One, that this child has loved characters since he was about eight months old. And two, that my boy needs consistency. He craves it. And if something changes on him unexpectedly, it can mean that all bets are off.

So now that you're fully prepared, let's discuss. DS was excited while waiting in line, and DH was keeping him entertained, and some kids behind us as well. I swear my husband is like the Pied Piper. The little ones just flock to him and giggle uncontrollably.

Finally it was our turn. I was so excited. :yay: And then it happened. Something we're all aware of, and never think will be the end of it all.

Mickey had to leave.:scared1:

For a quick cheese break or something. And in those few short minutes, all bets were off. Everything changed. When Mickey came back out, DS refused to go see him. The child who had loved characters every year before was suddenly shy! And not just flirty shy, no full on, petrified, please don't make me shy.:scared1:

So we didn't. Make him, that is. I'm not that kind of parent. I went through the line by myself, Mickey, Pluto, with Minnie we tried putting her all the way on one end and then DH, and then me holding DS at the suggestion of one of the CMs and he lost it. That was it. He was done. So he and DH left to get the stroller and I was on my own for the rest of the line. I remember one of the CMs telling me what a great mother I was for not forcing him, and I thought wow! With DS' meltdowns, I wasn't feeling like a great mother. I was feeling like a pretty selfish one actually, since I stayed in the line and saw the characters by myself. She told me how people will drag their kids kicking and screaming, and I said, oh no. If he wants to go, he will. You don't drag your kids to Santa and you certainly don't drag them to Mickey.

After being hugged simultaneously by Chip and Dale, if that isn't enough to make a girl giggle, I don't know what is, and having all sorts of fun, I was waiting in line for Goofy. And the photographer with him looked so familiar. And then it hit me, and it was my turn. This is just a tiny cliffhanger folks, don't worry. ;)

I told Goofy it was a pleasure and he then proceeded to flirt shamelessly with me. That cad. He kissed my hand, pretended to dance...who knew?:rolleyes1

When I walked over to retrieve my card from the photographer, I said hello and asked him how long he'd been working in Epcot. About two and a half years, he said. I said, do you ever take photos with Aladdin? He said yes. I said, last year, you, and he said jumped the fence? It was him!!!! I was so excited. Daniel, the man who took my absolute favorite picture of my son from last year's trip. I gushed a big thank you, and he thanked me for remembering him, and we hugged, and it was just the greatest moment.

A little aside. For those of you who don't know this story, I'll regale you. Last year, we unexpectedly found ourselves in Morocco, and Aladdin and Genie had a really short line. DS was in a good mood, it was myself, DH, and FIL with him. So we figured, let's get some autographs and take some pics. Now last year, DS was shy of the face characters, but not painfully so. He would warm up eventually, it just took some doing. Well, Aladdin was wonderful. He got down on DS level, and started talking to him. While I was getting Genie's autograph, Aladdin lead DS to the fence over by the World Showcase Lagoon, and was just talking to him. I have no idea what he was saying as he pointed out over the water, but he just melted my heart the way he was connecting with my little boy. Daniel, the photographer I mentioned, actually jumped the fence to get these perfect shots of DS and Aladdin, and they are my favorite pictures of him from that trip.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled trip report programming.:happytv:

So suffice it to say, as I left the character area, I was feeling good. Even if DS hadn't participated, I'd had some fun, gotten to thank Daniel, and pay it forward a little. Which was really nice considering what was to come.

Up next - Tick, tick, tick...boom!!! - Part Two

The suspense is terrific! Not as much as the suspense whether Bama will roll over the dawgs or whether Barack Obama will admit he was flat wrong last night when he asserted that Henry Kissinger agreed with him that the President should meet with the leader of Iran w/o preconditions. But nevertheless, I'm dying to find out what the "boom" is you keep alluding to.

It sounds like you had a pretty interesting trip so far. It's funny how food is so integral to our vacations in Disney World, isn't it?

As for why Roaring Fork felt bigger to you, I think it's b/c they moved the rack of snacks from the middle of the place and set it off to the side. I noticed that last year and it did make the place seem somewhat larger. It's still a mystery to me why a resort of that size has such a pitifully small quick service location.

Looking forward to more.

:moped:

Hot holy carp!!!!

Is ZZUB on my trip report???

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! NoWayne'sWorld.

The suspense is terrific! Not as much as the suspense whether Bama will roll over the dawgs or whether Barack Obama will admit he was flat wrong last night when he asserted that Henry Kissinger agreed with him that the President should meet with the leader of Iran w/o preconditions. But nevertheless, I'm dying to find out what the "boom" is you keep alluding to.

:lmao:

Oh it's the type of boom that can only come after dealing with a 3.5 year old boy. And that's all I'm letting on for now. ;)

It sounds like you had a pretty interesting trip so far. It's funny how food is so integral to our vacations in Disney World, isn't it?

I associate so many things with food. It's a little scary sometimes. Partly attributed to an Italian heritage, and partly that my parents were sort of foodies, especially my mom. She won't remember what she did on vacation five years ago, but she'll sure as heck remember the restaurants, the food, and if she liked it! :lmao:

As for why Roaring Fork felt bigger to you, I think it's b/c they moved the rack of snacks from the middle of the place and set it off to the side. I noticed that last year and it did make the place seem somewhat larger. It's still a mystery to me why a resort of that size has such a pitifully small quick service location.

You know what, that must be it. And will you call me a ZZUB groupie if I tell you I definitely thought of you while I was at the Lodge? Because it's featured so prominently in at least two of your trip reports, and your love for it is evident. It's not Contemporary love, persay, but it's love. ;)

Looking forward to more.

:moped:

Happy to be bringing more!

Thanks for stopping by. :goodvibes

I think it's way sad that CM's had to comment on you NOT making your son go through the line. Geez Louise. I would love to just chat with CM's I bet they have the greatest stories.

I'm quite anxious about the rest of the day and not Christmas Morning anxious either, more like I am going to fail a huge test anxious.

You are a good mom! Remember, it's not how your DS behaves (because let's face it, he's three), it's how you react to his behavior! :hug:

That is just fabulous that you saw Daniel again!!! What a great moment! :goodvibes

I think it's way sad that CM's had to comment on you NOT making your son go through the line. Geez Louise.

I was mortified. I don't mean to be all Pollyana, but I just can't imagine doing that to your child.

I'm quite anxious about the rest of the day and not Christmas Morning anxious either, more like I am going to fail a huge test anxious.

HA! Interesting analogy.

You are a good mom! Remember, it's not how your DS behaves (because let's face it, he's three), it's how you react to his behavior! :hug:

Aww, thank you. Sometimes we just feel like a less than stellar parent, you know what I mean?

That is just fabulous that you saw Daniel again!!! What a great moment! :goodvibes

It was awesome. I know how transitory some of the CM positions can be, so I never expected to run into him again. :goodvibes

Aww, thank you. Sometimes we just feel like a less than stellar parent, you know what I mean?

We all have our moments where we feel like that!

It was awesome. I know how transitory some of the CM positions can be, so I never expected to run into him again. :goodvibes

Not to mention how many CM positions there are, so what are the odds that you would run into someone again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!