Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

You are quite the mistress of suspense! I have loved catching up on the updates so far!

I am in awe of your literary skills with regard the describing "the feeling." You did such a nice job of capturing that feeling you get when you have your whole vacation stretched before you and you're in the happiest place on earth. If you do figure out how to bottle it, I'll be one of your first customers!

Yeah for room being ready! Wilderness Lodge hasn't really been on my radar but I've had a few friends stay there recently and now it's on my wish list!

Ewwwwww on the "unscheduled pool cleaning." Yikes! :eek:

You do look happy in your dole whip photo -- even without a face. And I agree with LL, I like your top!

Can't wait to hear if you and LegoMom caught up and for more updates! popcorn::

You are quite the mistress of suspense! I have loved catching up on the updates so far!

:thumbsup2

I am in awe of your literary skills with regard the describing "the feeling." You did such a nice job of capturing that feeling you get when you have your whole vacation stretched before you and you're in the happiest place on earth. If you do figure out how to bottle it, I'll be one of your first customers!

Thank you so much! I think we all struggle to describe that "feeling" we get in Disney, and I didn't felt I'd done it justice! To know that you felt was good really warms my heart. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear if you and LegoMom caught up and for more updates! popcorn::

I'm thinking about squeezing one in soon. :rolleyes1

Work week permitting, of course. ;)

You are really causing me to worry, with the "tick tick tick"! I hope whatever it is does not ruin your vacation! :goodvibes

You are really causing me to worry, with the "tick tick tick"! I hope whatever it is does not ruin your vacation! :goodvibes

Just a little tidbit for all of you folks on pins and needles. ;)

It doesn't ruin it.

It just makes for a very, very interesting day...and some moments...and stuff.

However, let me throw this out there for all of you who are paying attention!

First, thank you so much for reading and taking this journey with my family. :goodvibes

Second, here's some upcoming things to get you excited...

Lots of Characters!!! (but who took pics with them ;) )

An AWESOME Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Did TarzansKat meet Captain Jack?)

A Magical Moment

Yup. Now you'll all have to wait and read. :rolleyes1

So where were we? Ah, yes. I was standing at the Wilderness Lodge bus stop with my family, and the phone rang. And since I was having trouble with my cell, I had given LegoMom my husband's cell number. So it was his phone that rang. Keep that in mind, it's important. Although there won't be a quiz later. Or will there?;)

Well, the phone rang, and it was LegoMom. And she and her sweet family had just arrived at the Magic Kingdom. And she explained her dilemma. Although they left the resort in a timely fashion, it took them over an HOUR to get to the Magic Kingdom. Not good. :confused3 I empathized, and asked where she was.

Well, turns out LegoMom and fam had not yet gone through bag check, and were standing in front of the MNSSHP sign outside the park.

DisneySept08-1102-1.jpg

You know, this one?

I said, hold it right there, and made a command decision. I knew DS was cranky. I knew DH would indulge me. I knew I was running on borrowed time. And run, I did. All the while talking to LegoMom in some grand, dramatic, sweeping movie scene...."hold on...I'm coming to you....."

So we chatted as I was walking up, and she had her back turned. So I got the pleasure of seeing her before she saw me. Let me tell you, I was excited. It was Mrs. Incredible herself, and that's the shirt she was wearing. Our Lapuette, LegoMom. Honestly, folks, it was a pleasure. We chitted and chatted about various whosits and whatnots. About how her trip was, and mine just starting, and of course, we took a photo together! However, since it's one of those head shots, I won't be posting it headless. Since then it would just be our chests. And I'm not quite sure that's DISpropriate. I like it here. Don't want to get kicked out.:thumbsup2

Well, eventually I relinquished her to her patiently waiting family, and she relinquished me to mine. And all the while I'd forgotten a key important thing.

I had DH's cell phone.

And mine.

Which means that when the Wilderness Lodge bus pulled up while I was off chatting up LegoMom, DH was in a quandary. He had no phone, no way to contact me, and oh yeah, no room key.

Why no room key, you may ask?

Well, let me tell you, dear friends. Again, I blame the adverse affects lack of sleep has on my brain. Can anyone tell I will so not be taking the early flight next year? Tick, tick, tick...

Well, when DS woke up cranky as we were getting to Casey's, I said, I'll go get the food, you find a table. I asked him if he had his KTTW ready so I wouldn't have to get mine out. Now why I couldn't take my KTTW out of my purse is beyond me, but his was in his pocket, so there you go.

So I took his KTTW card, and got our yummy food. And drinks. For three people. And then I had to carry it all. By myself.

You can see where this is going, right?

So instead of taking DH's KTTW card and putting it back in my pocket, I got a little flustered by the balancing act required for the various food/beverage items. So I took the receipt, and his KTTW card and slipped them in between two of the hot dogs.

And for some strange reason, never thought about it again. And apparently, DH didn't either, because when he took the hot dogs out of the tray, he didn't notice it there. And so, my friends, since I forgot and he didn't know, as we were getting ready to make our quick exit from Casey's with our cranky toddler, we threw out our trash.

And DH's KTTW card. Room key, dining card, you know KEY TO THE WORLD!!!!

Oy. So there's DH at the bus stop with no KTTW, no cell phone, and unsure feelings. About the bus. If he has unsure feelings about anything else, well, that's a different story. Totally dependent on how lack of sleep adversely affects his brain. Which apparently, it does. Seeing as how he never asked for his card back. I blame him.;) Just not if he's reading this. :lmao: Then it was all my fault, honey. ::yes:: :sad2:

He didn't get on that bus. He waited for me, afraid I'd be mad. Mad? I ditched you, buddy. But I was glad he waited. As soon as we got back to the hotel, I went to concierge and straightened out the whole room key card fiasco. I also checked ADRs. Because I had a mission, folks. Since I'd rearranged some things to have dinner with Tink, I knew I'd have to cancel the Crystal Palace. But I tried. Oh, I tried to see if I could fit it in on another day. So when I asked, there was no Crystal Palace for TK. Ah well. At least DH had a room key.

So, thoroughly exhausted and sooooooo ready for bed, we head back to the room. And may I say that we thoroughly enjoyed our turn down service. I mean, apart from the fact that the Wilderness Lodge is about five minutes to the Magic Kingdom by bus, which is unbelievably nice, let's not deny that, and the atmosphere can't be beat, so relaxing, so lodge-y, so "stay here every trip, TK," may I also add that one of the best things about staying deluxe was the little things. Like the turndown service? Arriving back at my room every night to find little chocolates on our beds, DS' lovie arranged artfully so, and a Native American proverb (I kept them all), was just the perfect end to my evening.

Being that we were on vacation, we let DS have one chocolate before bed. And while the boy was enjoying his chocolate, DH discovered something wonderful. Something that made my evening, and my whole stay, for that fact, even more perfect.

So how quickly did you scroll down? :rotfl2: I'll be kind, folks. I've done a lot of cliffhangers here. What he discovered was something he and I had mused on early, but I didn't relate so as not to ruin the suspense. See, we knew the relative location of our room when we checked in, and as we looked out our balcony, we had a speculation that was confirmed that evening.

Yes, dear friends. From our room, we could see the Magic Kingdom fireworks. I was in heaven. HEAVEN!!!! :cloud9: My standard view room had quite the view, let me tell you. Those fireworks were the perfect end to a perfect day. With the exception of DS' complete meltdown over having to go to sleep. The boy was so tired he was overtired. You all know what that's like! Whoever was privy to the 15-20 minute sobfest between 830-900 that night, I apologize. It was not pretty.

I rubbed his back to calm him down and whispered soothing whatnots, and eventually, exhaustion hit us both.

Up next - Tick, tick, tick....

Oh goodness! You threw out DH's KTTW Card!?!? Wow. I am suprised he didn't take away your dole whips for the week. ;)

I am so happy and a teeny bit jealous you got to meet Legomom.

I am so :lovestruc that you were able to see the fireworks from your room. How wonderful is that. :cloud9:

Uh oh about throwing out the room key! :eek:

Hurray for meeting LegoMom!!! Too cool!!!

Wilderness Lodge does turndown service? Do you have to request it or is it automatic? Did you leave a tip? Chocolates every evening?

Do I even have to comment on the complete ultra-coolness of being able to see the fireworks every night??? I would be in such heaven!!!

Oh goodness! You threw out DH's KTTW Card!?!? Wow. I am suprised he didn't take away your dole whips for the week. ;)

He wouldn't dare. :lmao: Not when the situation was so easily remedied.:thumbsup2

I am so happy and a teeny bit jealous you got to meet Legomom.

She was very cool, and I was blessed meeting two Lapuettes on this trip.

I am so :lovestruc that you were able to see the fireworks from your room. How wonderful is that. :cloud9:

Seriously, how much did I love this trip? Big ole comfy room, turndown service, fireworks nightly...:love:

Uh oh about throwing out the room key! :eek:

I know. Although I'm sure we're not the first.

Wilderness Lodge does turndown service? Do you have to request it or is it automatic? Did you leave a tip? Chocolates every evening?

I called once on our arrival day and requested it for the whole trip at a specific time. I left one tip per day because we got out at different times, I never would have been able to time leaving two and didn't want to try and leave two different envelopes. I'd have no way of knowing they really got it, you know?

And yes, it really was turndown and chocolates every single evening. Tempting, eh, CP??? ;) Oh, we'll lure you to the deluxe dark side yet!!!:lmao:

Do I even have to comment on the complete ultra-coolness of being able to see the fireworks every night??? I would be in such heaven!!!

It was awesome. :thumbsup2

I called once on our arrival day and requested it for the whole trip at a specific time. I left one tip per day because we got out at different times, I never would have been able to time leaving two and didn't want to try and leave two different envelopes. I'd have no way of knowing they really got it, you know?

And yes, it really was turndown and chocolates every single evening. Tempting, eh, CP??? ;) Oh, we'll lure you to the deluxe dark side yet!!!:lmao:

So, out of curiosity, what time did you request turndown for the evening?

You don't know how tempting. :rolleyes1

So, out of curiosity, what time did you request turndown for the evening?

I requested 730. That seemed safe to me, because I knew we'd still be out then, and it worked out very well.

You don't know how tempting. :rolleyes1

Hee hee. I love the Wilderness Lodge. But it's sadly, not what I booked for next year. However, I refuse to disclose that until a later date. And that's all you're getting out of me. :rolleyes1

I requested 730. That seemed safe to me, because I knew we'd still be out then, and it worked out very well.

Hee hee. I love the Wilderness Lodge. But it's sadly, not what I booked for next year. However, I refuse to disclose that until a later date. And that's all you're getting out of me. :rolleyes1

You know I am just ferreting away information. ;)

How much later do we have to wait???

You know I am just ferreting away information. ;)

How much later do we have to wait???

Um...I think I booked it at the end of the trip. So you've got a bit...:rolleyes1

I am so mad that I forgot turndown service. Know when I remembered? On the plane ride home. :headache:

Oh, and I so tried to drum that into your head! D'oh! There's always next time. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter