Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Three... C 32, P 39 - The End...Or Is It?

Ah, well. The little nugget was asleep in his stroller. Didn't even make it to the getting to put his very own ticket in for the first time. But he needed a nap, so we were happy with that. DH and I took a leisurely stroll down Main Street. We got that first look at the castle and it felt oh, so good. :cloud9:

So good in fact, that I need to take a moment, in my own convoluted way, to describe it. Do you know that moment I'm talking about? I was fully relaxed, had checked into my room at a deluxe hotel, and was feeling pretty good.

And there it was. The Castle. In all its glory, just sitting at the end Main Street USA. And I felt it. I felt the whole hope of our vacation in that moment. The perfect contentment of knowing that I had eight whole days to enjoy the World, and that other than ADRs, I had no agenda. No other people to please but DH and DS. Nothing to worry about. (Tick, tick, tick...)

But at that moment, I didn't know what tomorrow would bring. At that moment, vacation felt so good. It's that feeling I wish that I could bottle and take home with me. It's that feeling that brings me to tears now as I write this. That feeling that you only get when you have all that hope, and all that possibility before. Before the real world comes crashing back in. Which in my case, usually doesn't happen until the end of the trip. For some reason, however, the real world decided to rear its ugly head the very next day. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Because at that moment, I didn't know that. And I had nothing but time on my hands, a sleeping toddler, and a happy DH. Life was good. ::yes::

We continued our leisurely stroll down Main Street, veering off into little corners. I looked for that phone with the mother/daughter conversation, but couldn't remember where it was. We stopped to watch some glass blowing, and were intrigued. One, because I loved the set design. It's this attention to detail that makes the parks so interesting to me. It's not just a theme park, you know? It's a set, with props, that guide our emotions and feelings. It means something.

DisneySept08-0092.jpg

And two, because DH took glass fabrication (glass blowing, etc) in college, and we just could not figure out what this guy was doing. Honestly, it didn't look like he was doing/making anything in particular, perhaps just entertaining us gawkers?:confused3

When we'd had our fill, we went back out to Main Street and got our first Photopass photos. The first of many, my friends. I loved that Photopass card. I loved that I pre-purchased the CD. And if my family was willing (and sometimes even when they weren't) I was using that photopass and taking tons of pictures. Pictures with characters, pictures in the parks, pictures at the Halloween party. But I jump ahead. And you know I like to make you wonder.:rolleyes1

After our little photopass rendezvous on Main Street, we weren't sure what to do. We had no agenda, and with a sleeping nugget, rides were pretty much out. And then, DH looked at me and uttered the best words ever...

"Do you want to get a Dole Whip?"

Um, is Jack Sparrow my favorite pirate?

So I said, do you know how much I love you right now, but all with my eyes. On the way over to Aloha Isle, I met Timon & Rafiki who were lots of fun. I believe, I literally looked at DH, and said, "Can I?" With the excitement in my voice that normally is reserved for children who are just itching to open their presents on Christmas morning...yes, I was that excited about meeting characters. Which was a good thing, let me tell you. Tick, tick, tick... I can't remember what I said to them (I like to talk to the characters, because dagnabit it's fun) but we had a grand old time.

I ended up getting the Pineapple Float. I was hungry, and it was as good as I remembered.

DisneySept08-0112-1.jpg

Seriously, what would a TK trip report be without a headless shot? I mean, really. ;)

Back to the Dole Whip, which was just perfect, in fact. Remember that. Remember the perfection of that float...because there was another Dole Whip on this trip...

and we'll just leave it at that.:upsidedow

Back to the happy Pineapple Float. I made DH take my picture and literally said, "How could this day get any better?"

It did. I think the cosmic fates, and DH were spoiling the carp out of me. Must have been preparation for tomorrow. Tick, tick, tick...

It's actually amazing, how lit up my face is in that photo. I know you can't see it, but trust me. You know how people can smile with their eyes? My smile is everywhere, it's in every part of my face. That I could be so happy that moment over something so simple, but I was. We walked a bit, and paused in Pinocchio's Village Haus and watched people going on It's a Small World. It was quite hot outside, and I could see some heat rash on DS' face, so we waited for him to cool off before heading on.

I got the brilliant (not so much) idea of heading to Toontown and seeing if we could do any meet and greets. No soup for TK. You can't take a stroller through the line. Ah well. Perhaps another day. So we spent some time in the Space Mountain Arcade, hoping to keep DS cool and give us time to blow off a little steam. DH was in heaven, as we got there, one of the Star Wars games was on a continuous loop...for free. Hee hee. That was like his Dole Whip, savvy? So I let him play for a while, tried my hand at some of the claw machines, and lost. Which was seriously a whole other theme to this trip. Our lack of claw machine juju. More on that later.

Well, since I wasn't really paying attention to the time, I didn't realize I was quite past my designated calling LegoMom to meet up. Oops! Fortunately, it worked in our favor. Sort of. We played phone tag for a while, and then finally talked. She was still with her family at the resort, and they were planning to head to MK. Cool beans.:thumbsup2

We were hungry, so DH suggested we headed over to Casey's to grab some early dinner. Now, I had fufilled so many food goals in one day, it was astounding. DH truly was spoiling me. Bless him. That man knows the key to his happiness. :lmao:

And then DS wakes up. And is not a happy camper. :headache: The flight/lack of sleep/swimming has finally caught up with him. We finish our meals (DS barely touches his) and decide, sadly, LegoMom or no LegoMom (sniff, sniff) :guilty: we have to make our escape. The boy was done. And this isn't what I'm talking about when I say tick, tick, tick. It's a precursor, folks. We strolled him out of Casey's, and he was semi-interested in the stage show, so we let him watch. I tried to call LegoMom and explain, but no dice. DS expressed his desire to leave, so we got ready to head out.

And made it to the bus stop.

And then the phone rang.

Up next - What happened?

Balderdash! Did you or did you not meet? Do I have to go harass Legomom? :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I really like your shirt in your Dole Whip photo!! :goodvibes

Balderdash! Did you or did you not meet? Do I have to go harass Legomom? :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Well, my dear, you're going to have to wait on that one. I'm pooped, and need a nap. :lmao:

I really like your shirt in your Dole Whip photo!! :goodvibes

Thank you! Remember the quick rampant purchasing from Kohl's before my trip? That shirt would be the only item I kept. Yup.

It's all going back, but that shirt. Which is adorable. But that's so typical...did you miss TK's shopping insanity while I was gone? ;)

Well, my dear, you're going to have to wait on that one. I'm pooped, and need a nap. :lmao:

Thank you! Remember the quick rampant purchasing from Kohl's before my trip? That shirt would be the only item I kept. Yup.

It's all going back, but that shirt. Which is adorable. But that's so typical...did you miss TK's shopping insanity while I was gone? ;)
:rotfl: Honestly? No. But you have passed on your shoe disease to me. I am currently playing shoebuy return roulette searching for a winter like pair of work shoes. I am on pairs 3 and 4 currently.

:rotfl: Honestly? No. But you have passed on your shoe disease to me. I am currently playing shoebuy return roulette searching for a winter like pair of work shoes. I am on pairs 3 and 4 currently.

It's a bad disease to have. I'm putting off the winter shoe thing until I recover from a little shopping that ensued at the end of my trip. :rolleyes1

TK, slow down my dear girl!!! I am barely having time to read, much less comment!!! I am loving it -- let us savor your wonderful writing in between updates!!! :goodvibes

TK, slow down my dear girl!!! I am barely having time to read, much less comment!!! I am loving it -- let us savor your wonderful writing in between updates!!! :goodvibes

Oh, you're sweet.

But actually, I'm done for a bit. I just wanted to get some out because my work week is coming, and I won't have time to update then. Plus, DH has to work all weekend, so I won't be on the DIS much unless DS is napping.

So enjoy.

Comment at your leisure.

There'll be more eventually, but not for a few days at least. :thumbsup2

Oh, you're sweet.

But actually, I'm done for a bit. I just wanted to get some out because my work week is coming, and I won't have time to update then. Plus, DH has to work all weekend, so I won't be on the DIS much unless DS is napping.

So enjoy.

Comment at your leisure.

There'll be more eventually, but not for a few days at least. :thumbsup2

Whew! Thank goodness! Everytime I logged on today, you had updated, and I was thinking, "I can't keep up!!!"

Now, I can comment -- I feel better. :hug:

Whew! Thank goodness! Everytime I logged on today, you had updated, and I was thinking, "I can't keep up!!!"

Now, I can comment -- I feel better. :hug:

No, I just wanted to get out some good updates before I collapse. I just tried to go back to sleep, but hunger won out.

So I'm eating Cracker Jacks from Casey's.

As if that will ease the pain. :lmao:

All the tick tick tick's are reminding me of the crocodile in Peter Pan. I guess if you have to meltdowns at least they are Pirate related. ;)

OMG can we have that next installment today PULEEEEES:scared: . That tick, tick, ticking was making me anxious everytime I read it and I need to know more.....popcorn::

All the tick tick tick's are reminding me of the crocodile in Peter Pan. I guess if you have to meltdowns at least they are Pirate related. ;)

You know, that's all I think of when I write them, so I guess it is pirate related. :lmao:

Oh you and your darn CLIFFHANGERS! LOL

Tee hee. ;)

Cracker Jacks from Casey's -- almost as good as being there!

They were pretty good. They didn't evoke the atmospher I was looking for, but still good nonetheless.

OMG can we have that next installment today PULEEEEES:scared: . That tick, tick, ticking was making me anxious everytime I read it and I need to know more.....popcorn::

Actually, even if I wrote the next installment today, we still wouldn't get to the time bomb. That's at least another one-two away.

I know.

I'm evil. :darth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter