• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Disney surprise ever!!

Wouldn't it be funny if the teachers had to pay to send all these kids to WDW? Maybe the school board pays and then docks the teachers pay checks for the next couple of years? It would never happen of course but it would be just.

Wow. That's just awful. And these are the people with these kids day in and day out. I'd have to question their ethics as educators if what they find funny is humiliating and disappointing a bunch of kids. I don't see how the teachers thought it was a good idea to begin with, let alone how they kept going with it:scared:

I think the teachers should get together and raise money to really take these kids to Disney. Either that or the parents. These kids deserve a trip.

I totally agree. They should be suspended and required to put money aside into a trip fund for the students. If students acted this way they would be suspended.

In my eyes, either those teachers get the funds together (dock it from their paychecks at the very least) to take the kids to WDW or they should be fired, because that is a completely senseless and cruel act that goes well beyond the "prank" status (and I'm fairly lenient in my differentiation between humor and bullying).

It's a shame though that only the stories about "cruel" teacher get attention. There's so many great teachers in our country, and I'd love to see at least some of them be given recognition for the job that they do.:thumbsup2

Wouldn't it be funny if the teachers had to pay to send all these kids to WDW? Maybe the school board pays and then docks the teachers pay checks for the next couple of years? It would never happen of course but it would be just.

I was just thinking this :thumbsup2

This reminds me of the classic Peanuts cartoon "football gag." Lucy would hold the football and Charlie Brown would attempt to kick it. But Lucy would remove the ball just before Charlie Brown got to it, and he would have a nasty tumble. Over the years, Lucy would do this time and again, always convincing Charlie Brown to "trust her." And always abusing that trust.

Teachers are in positions of trust. Young teens rely on their teachers to be "day parents." This "joke" was played at the innocent kids' expense. Highly immature and Sad. :grouphug:

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney heard about this and offers the kids free tickets. Maybe even free rooms. Parents would just have to pay for tickets.

Something similar happened to me in grade school. we were told we were going to Disneyworld. They had us write a card to Mickey that we attached to balloons. We were taken out in a big field to release the balloons. We were told the purpose of the balloons was to let Mickey know we were coming so he could get ready for us. A week later was field day and it was Disney themed, and that was our "trip to Disney". I remember being so disappointed.

The student teachers involved in the prank should receive an F for their student teaching and not able to graduate on time. They will need to repeat the class. The teachers involved should be suspended for a period of time without pay.

I agree with MamaTTx2. What kind of adults sit around and think this is a good idea? Pitiful. I hope at least one of them reads these boards to see what others think of their great plan.

I don't know if I'd agree with PP who called this prank bullying, but it's certainly in poor taste, and a shining example of a complete lack of mature judgement. I'd agree with reporting the teaching students as "non-satisfactory", with an explanation to the universities (assuming more than one) of why that rating was given. I don't know that I'd want them to lose their shot at a teaching career because of one serious lapse of judgement, aided, encouraged, and led by professional career educators.

Those career educators, now... One of the responses there said it best:

I think someone should tell all the teachers to take tomorrow and Friday off, with pay, and then come in on Monday to work with only 2 classes, and a 25% pay raise.... and then follow it with "just kidding, you're fired" Now that would be funny.

After thinking about it, I think these teachers should be reprimanded. I'm not sure about firing them but what a horrible and hypocritical thing to do! It deserves consequences. I think the above quote really does show potential. ;)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

In my day, not that long ago, you graduated from high school and if you were fortunate and driven you graduated from college--that was it. I'm with Bob Parr on this one.

But I agree, the prank was cruel--especially from teachers.

Maybe it's a regional thing. My sons are 35 y/o and 31 y/o and I still remember them dressing up in their little suits for kindergarten and 8th grade graduation ceremonies. For eigth grade they just wore suits and the girls wore nice dresses, but for kindergarten it was little caps and gowns with nice clothes underneath.

I agree this was a very cruel, mean spirited thing for the teachers to pull on those students. They should get more than a simple reprimand.

this is just AWFUL. yes, I used CAPS.

how sad for the kids.

I attended a 40th bday party. the guest of honor received a "fake" lottery ticket . saying she won $10,000. she was SO thrilled, saying how she was going to buy something for everyone at the party.

it was a prank.. yeah. very funny.

not a funny joke at all. those involved in the "joke" should have had to pool their money and take the kids, as promised.

The teachers should lose their jobs for this. You don't do play a cruel prank like this on people. Humor rarely works on me, but this isn't a joke when you mess with kids like that. They have learned a lesson in cynicism, which will serve them well in the world at large though.

Shame on those teachers! As a fellow educator, I am also disgusted. I can't believe one of them didn't have the insight to think that it wasn't a good idea, especially with the planning and preparation involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter