Worst Disney surprise ever!!

I just feel so bad for the kids. How disappointing and then to have video of it is just so cruel and disgusting. The fact that they put so much effort into it is unbelievable! How could they think this was okay? I hope they get reprimanded.

I'm not sure which is worse--lying to 8th graders that they're going to Disney World or telling them they're "graduating".

One of the definitions of graduating is: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one

So they are basically graduation from middle/Jr high to high school. I see nothing wrong with that phrasing.

That was a REALLY mean trick to play.

ha ha thats hilarious.wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see this

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Shannon12 said:
One of the definitions of graduating is: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one

So they are basically graduation from middle/Jr high to high school. I see nothing wrong with that phrasing.

In Canada kids go from JK to grade 8 in primary school and then Grade 9 to 12 at high school. They actually have a Grade 8 Graduation ceremony. They get a certificate and everything. There's usually a party and boys wear suits and girls wear formal gowns.

This joke wasn't funny at all.

2010_Bride said:
As a teacher, I am disgusted by this prank.

I'm a teacher too and I feel the same way. It's disgusting that those teachers did that.

It's amazing what passes for a sense of humor these days.

Shannon12 said:

In my day, not that long ago, you graduated from high school and if you were fortunate and driven you graduated from college--that was it. I'm with Bob Parr on this one.

But I agree, the prank was cruel--especially from teachers.

In my day, not that long ago, you graduated from high school and if you were fortunate and driven you graduated from college--that was it. I'm with Bob Parr on this one.

But I agree, the prank was cruel--especially from teachers.

HAHA Maybe it's a regional thing? We graduated from Kindergarden, 8th Grade (catholic school), HS. I'm probably not younger than you. I do know they call the Kindergarden one a "stepping up" now lol

Read this in our paper this morning too, actually discussed it in our Ethics class. What a terrible thing to do...especially when it involved Disney:faint:

Shannon12 said:
HAHA Maybe it's a regional thing? We graduated from Kindergarden, 8th Grade (catholic school), HS. I'm probably not younger than you. I do know they call the Kindergarden one a "stepping up" now lol

:goodvibes

Public humiliation calls for public apology! There is no comeback from this in my opinion. Cruel and insensitive :furious:

One of the definitions of graduating is: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one . . .That was a REALLY mean trick to play.

1) I, also, agree with mesaboy2 that 8th Grade is not a graduation.
. . . Webster disagrees with your above definition
. . . Webster's says it is "the award or acceptance of an academic degree or diploma"
2) It is almost as bad as graduating from Kindergarten to 1st Grade!
3) As for a joke, then this would follow the Graduation theory "to a Tee".
4) The 8th Graders have learned a valuable lesson and had an experience.

The one teacher showing it to another 8th grade class so they can all laugh at their peers really crossed a line in my opinion. Stick to educating the kids, not humiliating them.

Hypocritical too, because if the students had played a trick of the same size/ type on the teachers, I think they would have been heavily punished for it.

FTR, we celebrate graduation when we are sixteen. Then when we leave all education at aged 18. But even moving from Junior High to High School isn't really a graduation in my eyes. We don't have anything like that here. I was surprised that kindergarten graduations even existed.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter