Worst Disney surprise ever!!

1) I, also, agree with mesaboy2 that 8th Grade is not a graduation.
. . . Webster disagrees with your above definition
. . . Webster's says it is "the award or acceptance of an academic degree or diploma"
2) It is almost as bad as graduating from Kindergarten to 1st Grade!
3) As for a joke, then this would follow the Graduation theory "to a Tee".
4) The 8th Graders have learned a valuable lesson and had an experience.

Right from merriam-webster.com, the intransitive verb version of "graduate":
1: to receive an academic degree or diploma

2: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one

3: to change gradually
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gradually

#2 seems appropriate.

. . . Webster's says it is "the award or acceptance of an academic degree or diploma"

I got the definition word for word from the Miriam-Webster website! I also said in my post ONE of the definitions lol

: to receive an academic degree or diploma
: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one
: to change gradually

I truly hope the teachers lose their jobs for this. It was utterly inappropriate and shows a complete lack of judgment that none of the teachers thought "maybe we shouldn't do this"

Are you seriously arguing about whether it should be called a graduation??? That's not even the issue. It can be a regional thing. My daughter had a Pre-K graduation, she will have others as she moves goes into middle school, etc. The situation is that the teachers were totally out of line and did something really stupid and hurtful to 60 kids to make an example out of something ONE kid did.

As a teacher (2nd grade) and the mom of an 8th grader I am horrified at this story. These teachers should be ashamed of themselves.

This was completely wrong of these teachers. They need to be suspened just as a student would be. I think that just like a student would have to they need to write individual letters to apploogize for this and maybe even have some one monitor them. This is unacceptable and very inappropiate. The school needs to tell the kids that this was wrong. This is one time I feel that the parents do not need to be telling the kids that this was wrong.

I am for teaching is done at home and school but this is beyond wrong and the parents should not have to deal with this.

Cruel joke back.... all the kids need to go on the year end trip someplace better than where they will be going and not invite the teachers. Just the parents take charge. Those teachers would not be welcolm.

Sorry for the rant.

i htink disney should ban the teachers for life....joking about going to disney is no joke

This makes me sick. How could trained and educated adults do this? And I don't understand how it went so far without even one of these teachers speaking up and saying 'maybe we should stop'.

I think the teachers should get together and raise money to really take these kids to Disney. Either that or the parents. These kids deserve a trip.

It is classless with a capital K. The very definition of bullying. This goes far beyond an error in judgement. This was just.....ugh, disgusting.

This makes me so sad for those kids. I know that I would have been crushed. So awful and insensitive of those "teachers". How could they think that was appropriate or funny?

I was born, raised, and educated in Windsor Ontario where this happened. I can tell you for a fact that grade 8 graduation is a big deal back home. We do kindergarten to grade 8 in one school, then graduate to high school for grades 9-12.

I've been invited back for my best friend's daughter's grade 8 graduation in June. She has already bought her fancy dress, and they'll have a ceremony and a dance afterwards. I will drive the 1000km to be there.

I'm happy she wasn't in that grade 8 class...that's just devastating to a 13 yr old kid.

If only someone would offer their class an actual trip to Disney...and not invite the teachers!

I think the teachers should get together and raise money to really take these kids to Disney. Either that or the parents. These kids deserve a trip.

I don't think the parents should have to pay a dime for what the teachers did.

I could see Disney stepping up to do something...but if they did that the teachers would probably take credit for it as well.

I cannot fathom how people who are in positions of trust such as these teachers could have done such a cruel and heartless thing. I very much hope that they are suspended or fired for these actions.

I assume that the States are similar to Canada in that every teacher has to be licensed. I would think disciplinary reviews by their State boards would be in order. As for the student teachers- this would be the definition of an epic FAIL. Time to head for the career counsellor's office for plan B.

I won't condone what these teachers did by any means.

But when I was in 10th grade (several decades ago, I'll add), my English Literature teacher simulated (fake radio announcement and all) the start of a global thermonuclear war. We had just finished reading Alas Babylon. I have never been the same since.

Oddly enough, the teacher was one of all-time favorite (non-music) teachers.

This makes me sick. How could trained and educated adults do this? And I don't understand how it went so far without even one of these teachers speaking up and saying 'maybe we should stop'.

Pack mentality.

This is really sick and twisted. It reminds me of those parents that wrap Christmas gifts (and I use the term loosely) in the boxes of video game systems then post the videos on You Tube.

One mother was laughing hysterically while her son was crying and devastated. Not funny. And neither is this "prank."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter