(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

In the Shopping District there is a store with a paint brush on the sign. You can change your wardrobe colors there and the price is not too bad. However some pieces of clothes only have a limited color pallet for base and trim colors. This is a good way to always have the most powerful clothes and keep them matching somewhat.

On a related note: If you change your clothes based on their powers, which powers do you try to enhance? So far I have gone with clothes that raise my maximum life and mana. Thinking about clothes that raise the attack and defense powers for my school's spells or just my overall attack and defense.

TIP: Many items you will win multiples of, which you know. I had 3 pairs of "Quartermaster's Boots" and they were all different colors. So before you spend money on dyeing, check the individual item colors. But, for the record, my current outfit is like technicolor gone bad! LOL!! I realized I change outfits too often to mess with the color.

I also wear whatever maxes my health and mana. The only time I change is if I am in an area where the enemies use predominantly one kind of magic. I keep the most powerful garments I have found, for each power, in my backpack. I will only use them if they don't take too much away from my health. It really does work.

TIP: Many items you will win multiples of, which you know. I had 3 pairs of "Quartermaster's Boots" and they were all different colors. So before you spend money on dyeing, check the individual item colors. But, for the record, my current outfit is like technicolor gone bad! LOL!! I realized I change outfits too often to mess with the color.

I also wear whatever maxes my health and mana. The only time I change is if I am in an area where the enemies use predominantly one kind of magic. I keep the most powerful garments I have found, for each power, in my backpack. I will only use them if they don't take too much away from my health. It really does work.

I have a robe that resists all school spells and it is blue and white

On the quest " He'll let us Pass " How many cyclops do you have to defeat?
I know I have done in about six and nothing about having finished quest.

Also, I don't see any other players anymore. I have been by myself the past two nights.

^^^ In the Cyclops quest, you have to defeat as many as it takes to get the stuff from them. In other words, not all of them are holding the objects you have to collect. I know....sucks doesn't it? Took me forever :rotfl2:

^^^ In the Cyclops quest, you have to defeat as many as it takes to get the stuff from them. In other words, not all of them are holding the objects you have to collect. I know....sucks doesn't it? Took me forever :rotfl2:

Oh I know! I was on one of the screaming banshee quests the other day
and couldn't figure out why the quest didn't end after I beat four of them. It kind of doesn't mention that it has to be the 'right' four!:rotfl2: I just KNOW those cyclops will be a pain when I do get to them....lol
Kim

I finally beat Golem Tower! :worship: :banana: It took me getting almost to level 12 (I grew to level 12 right in between the 3rd and 4th floors) and changing my wand. I switched to the wand that shot the blue flames (I'm at work and cannot remember the name of the wand) for 0 manna. The blue flames did a decent job on the guys I was fighting and saved my points so that I could then finish them off with the fire bird spell.

All I have left are the tower bosses in Tritan, Firecat, and Cyclops (Akilles); the magic books; and the Colossus Smith. When does Colossus get unlocked? I'm guessing new quests appear once the bosses are defeated?

Thanks!

ETA: What are the different Realms? I noticed I no longer have Ambrose highlighted in blue. Now that one is back to normal text color and the 2nd Realm (Myth teacher) is highlighted in blue.

As for Sunken City/Grubb: That's going to require some major teamwork, I think. If the first thing you encounter is an unavoidable battle with 3 tough ghosties, I shudder to think what else lies beyond.
:scared1:

There is a bug when you reach the 4th floor of the house right before you go to battle Grubb where there is a Field Guard and 2 Screamers. The Field Guard will not allow you to magic it. At no time during the match could we magic it, finally after killing the 2 screamers and it didn't allow us to hit it with magic during a couple rounds we just fleed. Team work does help a lot. That is my only Wizard City quest left (Level 21 Pyromancer now) - would love to finish it and get it off my book. Hope the bug is fixed soon.

To answer the question about being a level 8 and not getting level 8 cards in the other houses. You go up a 'school' level with each training point you get and use in a house. For example I am level 21 - meaning I am level 21 within my Pyromancer house, but in the school of Life which I have used my skill points I am only level 8. Hope that makes sense.

That is strange it took me 2 times

There is a bug when you reach the 4th floor of the house right before you go to battle Grubb where there is a Field Guard and 2 Screamers. The Field Guard will not allow you to magic it. At no time during the match could we magic it, finally after killing the 2 screamers and it didn't allow us to hit it with magic during a couple rounds we just fleed. Team work does help a lot. That is my only Wizard City quest left (Level 21 Pyromancer now) - would love to finish it and get it off my book. Hope the bug is fixed soon.

To answer the question about being a level 8 and not getting level 8 cards in the other houses. You go up a 'school' level with each training point you get and use in a house. For example I am level 21 - meaning I am level 21 within my Pyromancer house, but in the school of Life which I have used my skill points I am only level 8. Hope that makes sense.

Don't pay attention to the levels in other schools just your main focus. whenever you get a training point you go to the school that you want you spell in and just look at the spell and if you have the point look on the side it will be red and click that then you have your spell

There is a bug when you reach the 4th floor of the house right before you go to battle Grubb where there is a Field Guard and 2 Screamers. The Field Guard will not allow you to magic it. At no time during the match could we magic it, finally after killing the 2 screamers and it didn't allow us to hit it with magic during a couple rounds we just fleed.
I'm supposed to meet up with somebody tonight (9:00 EDT, 6:00 PDT) to try and take on Sunken City. I think we could still use another body (or two) so if you're interested, let me know.

Regarding the targeting bug: I've heard that you can target the Field Guard (and any other "non-targetable" foes) by clicking on its title box at the top of the screen if you're using the 2D Combat Display. Maybe I'll get the chance tonight to test that tactic...

I'm still bummed that the staff Headmaster Ambrose awarded me at the completion of the Wizard City quests does not appear in my inventory. I could certainly use the extra firepower!
:furious:

I finally beat Golem Tower! :worship: :banana: It took me getting almost to level 12 (I grew to level 12 right in between the 3rd and 4th floors) and changing my wand. I switched to the wand that shot the blue flames (I'm at work and cannot remember the name of the wand) for 0 manna. The blue flames did a decent job on the guys I was fighting and saved my points so that I could then finish them off with the fire bird spell.

All I have left are the tower bosses in Tritan, Firecat, and Cyclops (Akilles); the magic books; and the Colossus Smith. When does Colossus get unlocked? I'm guessing new quests appear once the bosses are defeated?

Thanks!

ETA: What are the different Realms? I noticed I no longer have Ambrose highlighted in blue. Now that one is back to normal text color and the 2nd Realm (Myth teacher) is highlighted in blue.

Hmm I thought I saw another door on the third floor behind the baddie. Ouch, and I sure hope we're talking US numbering of floors and not European!:rotfl2:

Now when do we get through the hidden door behind the water fall in the commons? Is that supposed to take us to a new realm?;)
Kim

Hmm I thought I saw another door on the third floor behind the baddie. Ouch, and I sure hope we're talking US numbering of floors and not European!:rotfl2:

Now when do we get through the hidden door behind the water fall in the commons? Is that supposed to take us to a new realm?;)
Kim

When I battled...
1st floor had one wooden golem
2nd floor had 2 wooden golem
3rd floor had 2 clockwork colem
4th floor had 2 clockwork golem
5th floor had robot(?) golem and I think a clockwork golem.

When I beat the robot and his partner at the top, I completed the quest and the barred doorway opened. When I went through that doorway, I was back outside of the tower. (I hope that makes sense)

I'm supposed to meet up with somebody tonight (9:00 EDT, 6:00 PDT) to try and take on Sunken City. I think we could still use another body (or two) so if you're interested, let me know.

Regarding the targeting bug: I've heard that you can target the Field Guard (and any other "non-targetable" foes) by clicking on its title box at the top of the screen if you're using the 2D Combat Display. Maybe I'll get the chance tonight to test that tactic...

I'm still bummed that the staff Headmaster Ambrose awarded me at the completion of the Wizard City quests does not appear in my inventory. I could certainly use the extra firepower!

your lucky you finished all the quests :rotfl2:

When I battled...
1st floor had one wooden golem
2nd floor had 2 wooden golem
3rd floor had 2 clockwork colem
4th floor had 2 clockwork golem
5th floor had robot(?) golem and I think a clockwork golem.

When I beat the robot and his partner at the top, I completed the quest and the barred doorway opened. When I went through that doorway, I was back outside of the tower. (I hope that makes sense)

Rats! European numbering then, huh?:rotfl: Just my luck...well it'll be a while before i go back in there. lol
Kim

I need to take on Sunken City too...I can be on at 9pm EST... if you need an extra, post here and I'll meet up with you.

Thanks!

Hey guys.......i finnally got my 2nd email today but i have a problem everytime i try to load the game the screen goes black then a separate window opens that says error
smghg7.jpg
this is really frustrating b/c i want to play

Sure - give me your title. Shelby Nightwalker is me :P Tell me where to meet you. My partner and I would love to help you out. His title is William Nightstrider. We are both level 21 Pyromancers.

I will try that out. :) Makes sense.

Stating the obvious, but you did check your bank in your room right - jic it was stuck there on accident?

This is true!! As a general tip, if not already using it...Go to the options screen and change the "2D Combat Display" to ON. In all battles, you will be able to see how many health points you and the enemy have left and what spells your friends are casting. AND, you will be able target "non-targetable" enemies by clicking their health point banner.

Where are you seeing these? I don't see it?:confused3
Never mind: Just found it!!

I can probably join you. Where are you meeting?

Kim

Some mysteries are meant to be discovered in due time.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter