(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU ! ! !

That has been driving me crazy ! !

:worship: :worship: :worship: :hug: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I finally figured this one out. ~woot!~

The treasure cards get loaded into your deck by clicking the gold card from the top row (where it has all the different symbols).

Then, during battle, right click on a card to place it back into the deck. Once you do that, the "Draw" button displays. Click the Draw button and then, one of your treasure cards display.

You can do that all in one turn.

The count down is how long you have to pick a card and enemy; or do the discard/draw/pick new card before your turn ends.

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :dog2: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

Okay new question: So when can we begin 'training'? I know Professor Snape, uh Professor Drake :lmao: has given me a couple of cards now, but I noticed you mention about training in other houses. How...?;)(BTW, I'm a level eight now if that helps)
If you're Level 8, you should already have a Training Point. The first is received at Level 3; the second at Level 10; then every 5 Levels after that. There are also one or two quests that award them.

You spend the Training Point with a Professor from a different School than yours. Just go in to talk to them and select "Train" from the menu. You'll see the spells they have to offer BUT you must take them in order, starting with the first one. After spending the Training Point, the cards for that spell will be able to be added to your deck.

You can spread the Training Points around to the different Schools, but then you'd end up with a bunch of Level 1 & 2 spells in your deck. I think most people invest them in a single other School -- sorta like having a Major (in your case, Myth) and a Minor (in whatever) in school.

Someone let me know when they get to Krakotopia.
I am really stuck battling the "invisable monsters."

If you're Level 8, you should already have a Training Point. The first is received at Level 3; the second at Level 10; then every 5 Levels after that. There are also one or two quests that award them.

You spend the Training Point with a Professor from a different School than yours. Just go in to talk to them and select "Train" from the menu. You'll see the spells they have to offer BUT you must take them in order, starting with the first one. After spending the Training Point, the cards for that spell will be able to be added to your deck.

You can spread the Training Points around to the different Schools, but then you'd end up with a bunch of Level 1 & 2 spells in your deck. I think most people invest them in a single other School -- sorta like having a Major (in your case, Myth) and a Minor (in whatever) in school.

Hmmm, odd I don't remember seeing any 'training' points in my stuff, I'll have to go look again. I have received two cards or such from my professor, but even then I don't remember seeing points in my stock.
Another quest to add to my book then!:rotfl2:

Edited to add: Well I went in briefly this morning to look and see and have no experience points or pips either for me yet. Though I show as being level 8.
I know I still have that golem tower quest yet to finish, is that the one with finding the books by chance? Because someone else was telling me about the books and even though I've been in a few places where they were I couldn't access them when I beat that person. Odd...or do I just need to be out there beating more bad guys more and more? lol
Kim

Hmmm, odd I don't remember seeing any 'training' points in my stuff, I'll have to go look again. I have received two cards or such from my professor, but even then I don't remember seeing points in my stock.
Another quest to add to my book then!:rotfl2:

Edited to add: Well I went in briefly this morning to look and see and have no experience points or pips either for me yet. Though I show as being level 8.
I know I still have that golem tower quest yet to finish, is that the one with finding the books by chance? Because someone else was telling me about the books and even though I've been in a few places where they were I couldn't access them when I beat that person. Odd...or do I just need to be out there beating more bad guys more and more? lol
Kim

you must be a level 5 well you should have gotten a point at level 3 then you earn one at ten then every five levels you should get more points

you must be a level 5 well you should have gotten a point at level 3 then you earn one at ten then every five levels you should get more points

Actually I went up to level 8 yesterday, happened to notice THAT message.;)
(Been known to miss a few...) And when I went in briefly this morning I stopped by all of the professors and the next spells t'o be able learn' that came up were all level 8s) Very odd....
Kim

Someone let me know when they get to Krakotopia.
I am really stuck battling the "invisable monsters."
It seems I have finished most everything on Wizard City, except for Grubb (and any unknown quests beyond that).

I tried both Grubb and Krock and will continue on in Krock, since it seems easier.

I should do some more exploring on Krock, but have some questions in the mean time. Is there anything on Krock:
- Like the shopping district and if so are the items different?
- Where you can "Bank" items?
- Where you can learn spells (home or other schools)?

...don't remember seeing any 'training' points in my stuff...
The easiest way to see if you have training points (and a lot of other useful information) is to type "C", which will bring up your character screen. You also can see training points when you train in a non-home school.
...still have that golem tower quest yet to finish, is that the one with finding the books by chance?...
Completely different quest. I am pretty sure the book quest starts by a visit to Ambrose, who tells you to visit a person in the library. That person will tell you to visit all the school professors, then all the school trees, then I think the librarian for the book quest. I would suggest getting that quest now, as to get some of the books you have to fight the boss even if you have already beaten him once.

The easiest way to see if you have training points (and a lot of other useful information) is to type "C", which will bring up your character screen. You also can see training points when you train in a non-home school.

Completely different quest. I am pretty sure the book quest starts by a visit to Ambrose, who tells you to visit a person in the library. That person will tell you to visit all the school professors, then all the school trees, then I think the librarian for the book quest. I would suggest getting that quest now, as to get some of the books you have to fight the boss even if you have already beaten him once.

Bob we need to meet on Wizard101!!! we to do it now I am still stuck in WizardCity wanna meet me in Commons, I jsut entered I won't move. My name is Ian redFlame

It seems I have finished most everything on Wizard City, except for Grubb (and any unknown quests beyond that).

I tried both Grubb and Krock and will continue on in Krock, since it seems easier.

I should do some more exploring on Krock, but have some questions in the mean time. Is there anything on Krock:
- Like the shopping district and if so are the items different?
- Where you can "Bank" items?
- Where you can learn spells (home or other schools)?
There is a bazaar in the Oasis that is like the Shopping District in Wizard City. I haven't checked their inventory yet to see if anything is different, however. There is also a minigame station in the Oasis, so you don't have to go back to the Fairegrounds to refill your mana flasks.

Your Bank is still in your dorm room. You also go back to Ravenwood to learn new spells. (It's not too time-consuming. The Home button on the map will take you to the Oasis, and it's only a few screens away from there.)

I've just started on Krokotopia. It's certainly more challenging than Wizard City, as all the duels I've had so far involve fighting 2 creatures. (It also doesn't help that I ran into a bug that prevented me from getting my Staff from the Headmaster. I hope they fix that soon.)

As for Sunken City/Grubb: That's going to require some major teamwork, I think. If the first thing you encounter is an unavoidable battle with 3 tough ghosties, I shudder to think what else lies beyond.
:scared1:

Ahhh, that could be it. He has sent me on one book quest, but no more. So I will try visiting him tonight first thing. Those may have been messages I missed lol I don't go in there often, maybe I should.;)

Now...has anyone beaten that dratted golum thing on the first try? That quest hates me! rofl Won't let me use my troll, my pixie card, etc...
Kim

Bob we need to meet on Wizard101!!! we to do it now I am still stuck in WizardCity wanna meet me in Commons, I jsut entered I won't move. My name is Ian redFlame
Sorry, but was updating titles and did not see this till about 1.5 hours later. Might have some time for meets tonight and will post here if/when I do.

...He has sent me on one book quest, but no more. So I will try visiting him tonight first thing. Those may have been messages I missed lol I don't go in there often, maybe I should.;)...
...has anyone beaten that dratted golum thing on the first try?...
If Ambrose doesn't have it for you try revisiting the library and see if either of the NPCs there do.

When you finish each area it will send you to notify Ambrose and this is a good time to check if he has any other quests for you.

It took me 4 tries to finish the complete Golem Tower. A rather tough quest that is slightly easier (only slightly and that based on luck of the cards) after you get the healing cards from the Sereph in Unicorn Way.

Ahhh, that could be it. He has sent me on one book quest, but no more. So I will try visiting him tonight first thing.
IIRC, doesn't the "Library Dues" quest for the Books of Magic begin with one of the guards (either on Unicorn Way or in Olde Towne) asking you to take a book he found back to the library? Then the student wiz there asks you to help research his article by interviewing the Professors & Trees. This track eventually leads you to ask the Librarian for the Books.

Now...has anyone beaten that dratted golum thing on the first try? That quest hates me! rofl Won't let me use my troll, my pixie card, etc...
I can't tell you how many times I was defeated in that tower! I finally put it off until I was Level 10 and had a few more spells in my arsenal. Since it's not a main story quest, putting it off didn't hold me back from accessing the other areas while I grew stronger.

IIRC, doesn't the "Library Dues" quest for the Books of Magic begin with one of the guards (either on Unicorn Way or in Olde Towne) asking you to take a book he found back to the library? Then the student wiz there asks you to help research his article by interviewing the Professors & Trees. This track eventually leads you to ask the Librarian for the Books.

I can't tell you how many times I was defeated in that tower! I finally put it off until I was Level 10 and had a few more spells in my arsenal. Since it's not a main story quest, putting it off didn't hold me back from accessing the other areas while I grew stronger.

Yeah I've had one book I had to search for, probably should've gone back! lol

I also have one of the Seraph cards but like others have mentioned it's in that 'other' deck. lol

And, it is real good to know that stinky golem won't hold me up for now!:rotfl2:
Kim

Hi All!!

I'm posting this on both threads!

I'd like to try for another meet-up, at Bartleby, at 5:00 pm (PDT) today!

Please join me. I have many of you to get on my list!!

Also, for those of you in Krok, I have finished the first 2 areas, so if you are having trouble, let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!