(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

...I don't see any other players anymore. I have been by myself the past two nights.
It depends on what realm and area the game decides to put you in. I was in Ambrose area 1 last night and did not see another person in about 30 minutes. Went to area 2 and there were people everywhere.

...What are the different Realms?...
Remember the different "directions" that each public area in VMK had. Realms/area are sort of like that, but the whole game is in a realm/area. So if you start in Ambrose area 1 every time you go to a different part of the game world you will still be in Ambrose area 1. Doing it this way means that if you can get into a realm/area you should be able to get into every part of the game world with minimum wait (mostly just to load the graphics for that area).

...The mechanics of the game fly right over my head...
There are a couple different ways to get quests to do.

Early in the game a circled picture of a NPC will pop up on the right side of the lower screen. These will usually tell you to come see them and they will have a quest for you.

You also run into NPCs with a "!" over their name. This means they have quest(s) for you to do. A gold "?" over their name means you have already accepted a quest and talking to them is the next step for you to do. If you see a silver "?" over their name it means you have accepted a quest from them already and have not completed it. The part that is confusing here is that a lot of times you will talk to a gold "?" NPC and the quest will end, but he will then change to the "!" and have a different quest or task for you to do.

Remember the different "directions" that each public area in VMK had. Realms/area are sort of like that, but the whole game is in a realm/area. So if you start in Ambrose area 1 every time you go to a different part of the game world you will still be in Ambrose area 1. Doing it this way means that if you can get into a realm/area you should be able to get into every part of the game world with minimum wait (mostly just to load the graphics for that area).

Okay someone may have asked this before but I'll ask again.
How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances? Last night I noticed there weren't many ppl on and was real glad to see Fly come by me.
Kim

On a separate note: BIG THANKS to Diva of Dragons for her invaluable assistance in Sunken City tonight. You ROCK!!! :wizard:

Aww shucks!;) Happy to help!! Thought we'd never get through that 2nd gate! LOL!!

Okay someone may have asked this before but I'll ask again. How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances? Last night I noticed there weren't many ppl on and was real glad to see Fly come by me. Kim

Not a clue but hoping for one. I know where to look for the different areas but I am only ever given the option of 1.

Thanks. That makes sense. I guess the one in blue is the one I'm in.

Okay someone may have asked this before but I'll ask again.
How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances? Last night I noticed there weren't many ppl on and was real glad to see Fly come by me.
Kim

From the Realm page. You can change Realms and Areas. Last night, I spent most of the night alone--it was kinda creepy. I finally decided to try switching my Realm and suddenly there were people everywhere. LOL

I am totally loving this game. But it sure is addicting. I spent almost all of Sunday playing it and hours each night this week. I keep telling DH "Just one more quest." :rotfl2:

Don't worry you'll have company. I understnad that the number of Beta Users has just gone over 10,000!

Thanks. That makes sense. I guess the one in blue is the one I'm in.

From the Realm page. You can change Realms and Areas. Last night, I spent most of the night alone--it was kinda creepy. I finally decided to try switching my Realm and suddenly there were people everywhere. LOL

I am totally loving this game. But it sure is addicting. I spent almost all of Sunday playing it and hours each night this week. I keep telling DH "Just one more quest." :rotfl2:

Az Cat:

I can't send private messages yet. So let me reply here.
I would LOVE to know how to get around Marleybone.
Without sidewalks it's just a matter of time before the rats eat me.

Help! (Chomp, chomp)

...How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances?...
Click on the book in the lower right corner of your screen (what is that called anyway - journal?). The third tab from the bottom on the right in the journal has a picture of 2 silver balls - this is the realms tab. Click on it and you will see the realm and area you are presently in highlighted in blue. To change realms or areas click on which one you would like to go to and then click on the "Go To Realm" / "Go To Area" button on the bottom. At the present there are usually 4 or 5 realms showing as available, but many times only 1 area.

i emailed the support and they told me to check the firewall.....i checked it then turned it off to see if that would work but i still got the same problem even after changing the resolution

i emailed the support and they told me to check the firewall.....i checked it then turned it off to see if that would work but i still got the same problem even after changing the resolution

Dumb question, but have you tried uninstalling the software and starting over?

I have some questions and comment (I will send them the comment, I think)

1. How can you tell by looking at your cards if they are "one time use" only?

2. Is there any way to "review" instructions like from duelmaster Diego, etc - where they give you detailed advice on card interactions? When I put up a shield it revolves around me but if I put up an offensive card it rotates around the enemy - these look identical but do opposite things...

3. Can you get magic from other schoools with your skill points if NOT in order, for example, I would like the unicorn healer card but it is fairly high level and my "minor" is in the ice school.

Thanks for the advice.

They are gold tinted.

2. Is there any way to "review" instructions like from duelmaster Diego, etc - where they give you detailed advice on card interactions? When I put up a shield it revolves around me but if I put up an offensive card it rotates around the enemy - these look identical but do opposite things...

Not that I know of. Terrible help files at this point. Newbies should be
cautioned to pay attention to the tutorials and jot down a few notes.

3. Can you get magic from other schoools with your skill points if NOT in order, for example, I would like the unicorn healer card but it is fairly high level and my "minor" is in the ice school.

You can train spells from some other school, but you have to pick
from the bottom of that school's list. For example even though you are a level 8, from another school's, you will have to first train on their level 1 spell. For that reason, you should stick to your school and minor in one school only.

I like that... When you go to Waizard School (which we all are doing) you need to pick a Major and a Minor. (but they never tell you that).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

They are gold tinted.

from the bottom of that school's list. For example even though you are a level 8, from another school's, you will have to first train on their level 1 spell. For that reason, you should stick to your school and minor in one school only.

I like that... When you go to Waizard School (which we all are doing) you need to pick a Major and a Minor. (but they never tell you that).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice.
[/QUOTE]

yea i like i am ice and my minor is fire :)

Click on the book in the lower right corner of your screen (what is that called anyway - journal?). The third tab from the bottom on the right in the journal has a picture of 2 silver balls - this is the realms tab. Click on it and you will see the realm and area you are presently in highlighted in blue. To change realms or areas click on which one you would like to go to and then click on the "Go To Realm" / "Go To Area" button on the bottom. At the present there are usually 4 or 5 realms showing as available, but many times only 1 area.

Do you know I don't think I've even tried clicking that particular button! duh!
Thanks for the info! :lmao:
Kim (always running behind the times lol)

They are gold tinted.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice.

Great, now you tell me! lol I do actually read everything, I just never thought to take notes. :rolleyes1
How can I tell which smiths I've already found? Also, I KNOW I found one of the history books, but they are all showing in my quest folder as found 0 of 1. I swear I will never get away from Old Town! Arg!
Oh, yeah...I'm sitting with some big battles to finish. I'm open to volunteers! hehe I think I need: Eyus Maximus, Prince of fire elves?, a witch, and the iron golem thing. LOL I'm going to try getting in there sometime this afternoon and clean up the smaller battles and tasks such as the branches, which I'm sure will open another series of battles for me...
Thanks in advance! :)

WOOT!!! Just got my email!!!!

Of course I'm at work and can't play....

Cough... cough.... oooohhh I think I might need to go home! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter