Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went a few years ago, and the desert party was only offered a few days a week. Last year it was every day. Is it still offered every night?

I'm watching reservations for May and will reserve as soon as I can. I have a ressie for Garden Grill at Epcot at 7pm, and am planning to get to the dessert party by 9 for a 10pm Wishes when I go. This is doable, right?

My opinion, this is very tight. I wouldn't do it. I find that later ADR times rarely seat you on time and dinner can be a bit slow. Then you have travel time between parks. It is doable, but there is just so much that could go wrong. BUT, that's just me.

On a separate note, just talked to a friend who returned a few days ago. They were seated in the second row and just sat in their seats to watch the firework show because they were there with her inlaws who have mobility issues. She said, even with many people at the rail, they saw the fireworks without any issues--nothing blocked their view. She also said it was the highlight for her inlaws and her DH said it ranked in the top 3.

Hi, I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. Can you tell me when June dates will be available and what is the cost/ is it worth the money? What's included? Any details you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! pixiedust:

Herbord3 said:
Hi, I just wanted to subscribe to this thread. Can you tell me when June dates will be available and what is the cost/ is it worth the money? What's included? Any details you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! pixiedust:

Well! I've been calling daily for April and finally got it today! So keep trying, I was told they can open at any time!good luck!

rt2dz said:
My opinion, this is very tight. I wouldn't do it. I find that later ADR times rarely seat you on time and dinner can be a bit slow. Then you have travel time between parks. It is doable, but there is just so much that could go wrong. BUT, that's just me.

On a separate note, just talked to a friend who returned a few days ago. They were seated in the second row and just sat in their seats to watch the firework show because they were there with her inlaws who have mobility issues. She said, even with many people at the rail, they saw the fireworks without any issues--nothing blocked their view. She also said it was the highlight for her inlaws and her DH said it ranked in the top 3.

I don't think that will work. ADR may be late seating you, it's a long distance between Epcot and MK, waiting and transferring on transportation (unless you drive), may be lines of others waiting at the gate to get into MK, walking through crowds at each park. I could go on and on. That's a lot of money to pay and possibly miss the Dessert Party.

okienick said:
I'm watching reservations for May and will reserve as soon as I can. I have a ressie for Garden Grill at Epcot at 7pm, and am planning to get to the dessert party by 9 for a 10pm Wishes when I go. This is doable, right?

I did the previous post wrong. I meant to quote this one.

I agree with the others, it's definitely tight. You should be okay if all the stars align and you get seated on time, eat fairly quickly, and are able to easily jump on transportation over to MK. But if anything goes wrong you could miss a good portion of the dessert party. I just don't like being stressed out and feeling completely rushed while I eat! Are you able to change your ressie time at all, see if even 6 or 6:30 is available? That should give you a little more leeway.

Yes, I already changed the ressie to 630 and we will get there at 6 so we can be seated ASAP. What about reserving the dessert party? With the unreliability of the website, is it better to use the website or call?

Subbing - we'll be down in October and December and would love to have ressies for one of those nights. Do they do Dessert Parties during MVMCP?

Thanks!

I have a logistical question: is there anywhere inside the Tomorrowland Terrace area where I can stash a stroller (folded if necessary), or will I need to use one of the outside stroller parking areas? Thanks! (I am booked for April 30.)

I have a logistical question: is there anywhere inside the Tomorrowland Terrace area where I can stash a stroller (folded if necessary), or will I need to use one of the outside stroller parking areas? Thanks! (I am booked for April 30.)

I've noticed that the stroller parking area always varies, but it is always covered somewhere very close by.

I still need to know where to reserve this thing. Every time I try to find it on the MDE website, it freezes up on me after I select a date and check for availability. Am I searching incorrectly or is it easier to just call?

Select special events and it will bring it up under the tomorrow land terrace wishes restaurant

I still need to know where to reserve this thing. Every time I try to find it on the MDE website, it freezes up on me after I select a date and check for availability. Am I searching incorrectly or is it easier to just call?

If you are not having luck online (disneyworld.com)... call if you are looking for a certain day or any day on your trip. Slots fill quickly and sell out. Don't delay.

Disneyworld.com
search bar - dessert party
select Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party
fill all 4 info bubbles - Date, how many people, time (I leave it prefilled) including Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. If you don't select Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant , it may freeze on you. That's happened to me.

When I was there in Nov, as you came down the walkway from where you checked in at the podium heading to the tables, off on the righthand. Side near the wall was where they had you park strollers and ECVs

Waiting for May! The waiting for the dessert party thing is really messing with my need to plan, plan, plan. Our whole day is sort of contingent on us getting these reservations. We are trying for Memorial Day so I am not 100% sure I can get us tickets even if I jump on it the very first day they become available. **! Party of 11! :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter