Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by sjs314, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlundeen

jlundeen Mickey Fanatic

THanks everyone for letting us all know about April opening up. I'll be dropping out now, and hope to see you all at the TTFDP!!

Good luck, May folks!!

:cutie:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zara23

Zara23 Earning My Ears

Got my ressie for 30th april for 2 :) It will be our last night extremely excited to go now! x :cheer2:

4. TiggerMom76

TiggerMom76 Earning My Ears

Eagerly waiting for our families first trip in June. I'm hoping to surprise them with the dessert party on our first night at Disney!

5. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

I'm so glad April is open! That means we're closer to May :cool1:

6. jmarsh

jmarsh Mouseketeer

:)

7. danicaca

danicaca Mouseketeer

And we are hoping to surprise our kiddos in June for our last night! (the 6th) :)

8. kpitarresi

kpitarresi Earning My Ears

I am hoping to surprise my family on our last night too, June 7th!:wave2:

9. d-train

d-train Earning My Ears

Just snagged ours for our last night on 4/3 too!!

Woo hoo! :cool1:

10. wdw&sonny

wdw&sonny DIS Veteran

Do they cancel the dessert party?

11. dani77

dani77 Mouseketeer

Why should they cancel? All but the very front row of tables are underneath the roof of the terrace...so no need to cancel because of rain

12. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

We went during a tropical storm last June, and it was still on. They moved the tables back a little, and it was raining in sideways at one point, but we still had fun :thumbsup2

13. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

The "standing room only" thought is the actual watching of the fireworks. Due to the overhang ceiling, you're pretty much required to walk to the railing to see the fireworks...hence standing room only. There are tables with chairs for enjoying the desserts, but you cannot see the fireworks from your table.

14. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

You actually can if you're in the first couple rows. We've watched the fireworks from our table every year for the past 3 years :goodvibes Even if people stand at the railing, you can still see pretty well!

15. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

I called about 8:15 PM (central) tonight (3/3), CM said April dates not available yet. :confused3 She also said she did not think available online. :confused3 I came here, read a little, went online at 8:45, booked 4/12 for myself, daughter and two young grandsons, age 3 and 6. Hoping not too late for the little ones.

Thanks for all the good input here. :thumbsup2

16. hineline07

hineline07 Earning My Ears

Got ours for 4/11 for my party of 4.... Reservations are at 9:15 so I'm guessing we won't have good seating? Or does it matter? Thanks so much!

17. rt2dz

rt2dz DIS Veteran

Bingo! This is our experience too.

18. rt2dz

rt2dz DIS Veteran

Your actual ADR time does not matter. What matters is how many people have booked the party (and don't cancel) before you.

The ADR time is just a symptom of Disney's reservation system. X amount of tables for each party size are distributed for each ADR time. If one party size sells out first, they will still have the front row tables.

Just always remember, it's Disney. It makes no sense in the real world.

19. anadama

anadama Earning My Ears

I just wanted to thank everyone and confirm that the registration process for the Fireworks Dessert Buffet is wonky at best. We are going with another family a the end of April. They had been calling repeatedly only to be told that the reservations weren't open yet. It was the #1 thing on their to do list at Disney, so we wanted to make sure we got reservations. They actually called over this past weekend and were told that it wasn't possible to make reservations.

I checked this board for tips and tricks and when I saw that people were making reservations for April as of March 1, I checked online (wasn't working) and then called the reservations line. The customer service rep said that reservations weren't open yet. I said that there were people on the disboards making reservations for April, and he said he would check again.

Voila, reservations were opened. I was able to reserve 8 spots for the night we wanted. Thank you all very much!:flower3:

20. okienick

okienick Mouseketeer

I'm watching reservations for May and will reserve as soon as I can. I have a ressie for Garden Grill at Epcot at 7pm, and am planning to get to the dessert party by 9 for a 10pm Wishes when I go. This is doable, right?

21. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

You may have a tight squeeze trying to get from Epcot to MK. If you figure dinner is about an hour, providing you get seated directly at 7pm, you'll have an hour to get from Epcot to the MK for the dessert party 'rope drop.' Granted, you don't have to be there exactly at 9pm, but when the buffet opens, the vultures descend ;) and when I did it, it took a little time for things to be replenished.

They were good about it, but as it got closer to fireworks time, they didn't replenish everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.