Wine and Dine 2015

Got a 1:46 PR (PoT was 1:18:49, last night was 1:17:03) in some tough conditions last night at my 10K. It was 100% humidity and fog (it was along the ocean), and I think I shorted out my Jaybirds bluetooth/wireless earbuds from sweat! I am pretty bummed about that, I had an awesome playlist to take me to the finish line and then I had to run the last 2.2 miles just listening to myself sucking wind in the dense fog. :)

I stopped like 3 times in mile 3 trying to fix them... my right ear got sweaty inside and they kept sliding out because there was no grip, so I took the right one out to dry off my ear and then the rubber tip and flange both popped off. I tried to fix them each time I stopped but everything was so wet and slippery that every time I got close to reassembling something slid off and they fell apart again. I gave up, and wrapped the loose end under my sports bra strap (which is actually how I ran all of Tink so that I could still hear music in one ear but the atmosphere in the other). But then at mile 4 they went crackle crackle... silence! :( I couldn't get them to turn back on... but now I just left them charging while I ate breakfast and they powered on? I know this probably sounds dumb but this is one of my most important running accessories. :D I hate running with a flappy cord on wired headphones, so I splurged last year on these. Although they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, so I should be able to exchange them, but that means parting with them for some period of time!

Boo...I have Jaybirds also and thankfully haven't had them short out yet (although I'm on my second pair because I somehow lost my first pair after a race in June). I've destroyed at least 3 pair of iPhone ear buds with sweat, though. For the slipping issue on the Jaybirds, I did change out the stock ear tips for Comply tips (http://www.complyfoam.com/). They are a bit tricky to get on, but they really do stay in sweaty ears. I also don't use the ear "support" thingies--for some reason they just don't sit well in my ears and actually make the ear buds more likely to pop out.

For those without FB or Twitter....

11926064_1240137166012243_2120838803684763599_o.jpg

Boo...I have Jaybirds also and thankfully haven't had them short out yet (although I'm on my second pair because I somehow lost my first pair after a race in June). I've destroyed at least 3 pair of iPhone ear buds with sweat, though. For the slipping issue on the Jaybirds, I did change out the stock ear tips for Comply tips (http://www.complyfoam.com/). They are a bit tricky to get on, but they really do stay in sweaty ears. I also don't use the ear "support" thingies--for some reason they just don't sit well in my ears and actually make the ear buds more likely to pop out.
I'll have to check those out. I have never had a problem like this but there was just so much moisture between how much I was sweating due to the humidity, and then the humidity/fog in the air. The third time, I got everything put back together, it stayed together, I shoved it in my ear... and then the earbud fell back out but left the silicone tip inside my ear. So then I had to stop and try and dig the silicone tip out from my ear with sweaty fingers! I am sure the people who passed me during this 1-2 min period must have been laughing their butts off at me.

They didn't turn on this morning, but I tried plugging them in and I was filling out the RMA because they still weren't turning on after I tried turning them on while they were still in the charger. But then on a whim, I tried turning them on after they were out of the charger, and they did turn on! I know the battery wasn't dead because they were charging all day before the race and had only been playing for 45 min, and they only took like 15-20 min to get to full charge today. And I never heard the robot lady tell me the battery was low... it was just a crackly static, and then silence.

Got a 1:46 PR (PoT was 1:18:49, last night was 1:17:03) in some tough conditions last night at my 10K. // My legs feel pretty good from having run 6.2 last night and 6.5 last Saturday! I was surprised how strong I felt most of the race. The last mile was really tough, though. I was kinda slogging on that one. If I hadn't fiddled with my headphones so much, I would totally have had an unofficial 5K PR, too.

Awesome job despite your earphone issues! Congrats on the PR!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the medal pics! I'm not running this one but I like to look and can't get on FB or Twitter at work.

I think the photo was also taken with poor lighting. I'm sure it will look much more awesome in person!

I think so too. DH's medal from 2011 was amazing. Historically speaking, I'm not sure that the WD medal has ever had color?

I'll have to check those out. I have never had a problem like this but there was just so much moisture between how much I was sweating due to the humidity, and then the humidity/fog in the air. The third time, I got everything put back together, it stayed together, I shoved it in my ear... and then the earbud fell back out but left the silicone tip inside my ear. So then I had to stop and try and dig the silicone tip out from my ear with sweaty fingers! I am sure the people who passed me during this 1-2 min period must have been laughing their butts off at me.

They didn't turn on this morning, but I tried plugging them in and I was filling out the RMA because they still weren't turning on after I tried turning them on while they were still in the charger. But then on a whim, I tried turning them on after they were out of the charger, and they did turn on! I know the battery wasn't dead because they were charging all day before the race and had only been playing for 45 min, and they only took like 15-20 min to get to full charge today. And I never heard the robot lady tell me the battery was low... it was just a crackly static, and then silence.

I use these and these as my bluetooth headphones. Mostly using the latter but have the former on back up just in case something happens with the first pair. They stay in my ears no matter how much sweat is down there, and they have pretty good sound quality for a $30 headphone. I was actually amazed when I got them that they were as good as they were. Totally, I'd have a pair of Bose headphones (ie that's how much I enjoy listening to high quality music while driving, running, etc) but the Bose bluetooth's aren't yet sport earbuds; nor would they likely be under $100. I was going to get the Jaybirds when I stumbled across these.....

Got a 1:46 PR (PoT was 1:18:49, last night was 1:17:03) in some tough conditions last night at my 10K. It was 100% humidity and fog (it was along the ocean), and I think I shorted out my Jaybirds bluetooth/wireless earbuds from sweat! I am pretty bummed about that, I had an awesome playlist to take me to the finish line and then I had to run the last 2.2 miles just listening to myself sucking wind in the dense fog. :)

I stopped like 3 times in mile 3 trying to fix them... my right ear got sweaty inside and they kept sliding out because there was no grip, so I took the right one out to dry off my ear and then the rubber tip and flange both popped off. I tried to fix them each time I stopped but everything was so wet and slippery that every time I got close to reassembling something slid off and they fell apart again. I gave up, and wrapped the loose end under my sports bra strap (which is actually how I ran all of Tink so that I could still hear music in one ear but the atmosphere in the other). But then at mile 4 they went crackle crackle... silence! :( I couldn't get them to turn back on... but now I just left them charging while I ate breakfast and they powered on? I know this probably sounds dumb but this is one of my most important running accessories. :D I hate running with a flappy cord on wired headphones, so I splurged last year on these. Although they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, so I should be able to exchange them, but that means parting with them for some period of time!

My legs feel pretty good from having run 6.2 last night and 6.5 last Saturday! I was surprised how strong I felt most of the race. The last mile was really tough, though. I was kinda slogging on that one. If I hadn't fiddled with my headphones so much, I would totally have had an unofficial 5K PR, too.

Boooooo for another tough run; but YAYAYAYAYAYAY for crushing it on times!!

I'm about to lace up and go out and I know it's going to be tough one.

I haven't slept well all week. Dealing with a lot of issues right now, and considering sleep and I have never been good friends- as soon as too much stress gets added into the mix sleep likes to turn it's back on me. So I woke up this morning totally feeling like I'd just laid down and hadn't even slept. I'm gonna run today because I have to; but definitely not because I want to. I'm supposed to do 8 miles and physically, I don't think I'm going to make it....

Finished 9 today. Didn't think I was going to make the run with all the hills. Ended up with a 10:04 average which really pleased me. Ran the last half I did at a 10:25 average so I've shaved some time. My hubby didn't sleep well and was really dragging but faired well. I ran him by the car at 8.5 and he quit on me. I felt kind of bad doing it because he quits by the car on long runs but I just couldn't do the hill route he suggested. On the upside weather was an unusual 70 degrees this am so that was nice.

Just ran a 10 mile race. Finished in 95:56, which is 6 minutes better than last year! Really wish I could use it for PoT, but it is what it is. My goal was 95 so didn't quite make it. We have some really bad hills at the 5 mile mark which really knocked me down. I know they are there but didn't prep well enough for them. I have been running 4 days a week, think I may drop to 3 and add in a core/leg work out day.

Good job everyone on your runs today! I only did 4.2 since I swapped my long run with the race on Thursday. Was surprised that my legs felt a little tired but mostly ok today after doing 6.2 only 2 days ago. I am not used to doing that much without more recovery. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter