wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

Hey connie! so sorry about the thunderstorms but I'm glad the next day turned out to be nice! glad you got to Tusker House on time!! Great pics of Ashton with everyone! He looks so excited!!! Awww...sorry things didn't go as planned with the safari. Awww that's a really cute pic of Ashton and your dad!! Can't wait to see how Dinosaur went!

I like the carrousel name change as well! I love when attractions have cute storylines like that! :)

Tusker House looks great! We've done Donald's Restauratosaurus twice when it was the character breakfast. I think I heard it's the same thing as what Tusker House is now, they just moved it over. But I could be wrong. :confused:

That pic of Ashton walking away is so sweet! :lovestruc I totally can hear him just chattering away. This coming from the mother of another total Chatterbox!!! Looks like he had fun on Triceratop Spin. What is it about going up high and spinning that kids love so much?!?!? If we had just ridden Dumbo, Magic Carpets, and TT Spin, Bella would have been happy as can be! :lmao:

We were there that night too! I was totally bummed about the rain- especially since MK was supposed to be open til 2 am and it was supposed to be Spectro night. I don't know if they stayed open or closed??? We were riding the teacups at around 8:30 and they closed them down so we decided to watch Philharmagic and then leave. :headache:
I think we were all alittle bummed about the rain...hope you guys did not get too wet in the rain...but, I was so happy to have a beautiful week to follow!
:yay: TH! I am looking forward to this ADR. I understand it is hit or miss but we are looking forward to it. I think the morning of this, we may drive since we get free parking as resort guests. The morning buses are something I am really weary of--I hate being late (and rushed)! Dinosaur or the Safari...nope they don't sound anything like each other. :lmao:

I agree with Kathy, you need to plan a trip for the three of you to go back and truly enjoy it (or just the two of you...:rolleyes1)

:lovestruc the picture of your dad and Ashton--so precious!
I have heard that if you mention you have a breakfast the day before to guest services at your resrot they put in for a bus...don't know if that is true...but, I think if you have a vehicle it is not a bad idea.
I know we will go back! just don't know when yet...:sad2:

Cute picture of your dad and Ashton walking. I too like pictures like that. :goodvibes
I don't know what it is about shots from the back; but, I always love them!:rolleyes:
TYPICAL boys! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Dayne was so funny...he is in Panama City Beach with friends this week. I asked him are you taking pictures...he tells me no! I remind him you will be sorry later!:rolleyes1

That picture of Ashton and your dad is priceless. I love unposed shots like that. They seem to just capture an emotion! LOVE IT!

Don't you just love an agreeable husband?? :lovestruc Although sometimes I think they just do it so we stop yapping!! :rotfl:
He knew when my parents and Gwendolyn were going to be on this trip that I was going to have the feeling of being torn all over the place...He would just smile and say we will come back! BUT! now the turkey is telling me not for two or three years:scared1: I knew that is what we planned but I thought he changed his mind:rolleyes:
That's OK something to look forward too!

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

You are very welcome!

Great updates! I love the photos. :thumbsup2
Thanks! April!!!
I am getting very nervous about Dinosaur!! Becky said it was not scary at all..so maybe I am just a huge chicken :lmao: Love the picture of Ashton and your DH~! Cute!
I LOVE DINOSAUR! always have...one of the best attractions IMO! but, if you are afraid of the dark or things springing at you this attraction may not be for you! You ride in a jeep type vehicle and it bumps you around...the light effects make you feel like you are traveling alot faster at times than you really are...IT'S GREAT!...I think you will LOVE IT!

Hey connie! so sorry about the thunderstorms but I'm glad the next day turned out to be nice! glad you got to Tusker House on time!! Great pics of Ashton with everyone! He looks so excited!!! Awww...sorry things didn't go as planned with the safari. Awww that's a really cute pic of Ashton and your dad!! Can't wait to see how Dinosaur went!
Thanks! Keala...next update! coming up...
Great updates Connie!
I actually think it's pretty cool they're renaming the carrousel
I love how they are trying to pull the male factor in just a little more! I also like how it is of a gentleman role model!

I like the carrousel name change as well! I love when attractions have cute storylines like that! :)

Tusker House looks great! We've done Donald's Restauratosaurus twice when it was the character breakfast. I think I heard it's the same thing as what Tusker House is now, they just moved it over. But I could be wrong. :confused:
I'm not sure Alicia about the past breakfast...I like how it has themes with all the attractions!
That pic of Ashton walking away is so sweet! :lovestruc I totally can hear him just chattering away. This coming from the mother of another total Chatterbox!!! Looks like he had fun on Triceratop Spin. What is it about going up high and spinning that kids love so much?!?!? If we had just ridden Dumbo, Magic Carpets, and TT Spin, Bella would have been happy as can be! :lmao:

thanks! Kayce...yes, he has really become a chatterbox this past year:rotfl2:
Ashton was so cute on the MC and TT; and I believe he had his fill that day...he rode it three times!

I left off we were just gathering after our breakfast by Chester and Hester's ... Danny and the older kids had ridden Primevil whirl, and Ashton had ridden Tricertops Spin twice...
So, now that we are all together where too...

DINOASAUR, of course...will Ashton be tall enough and if so what will he think?!?

Picture097.jpg

Dinosaur.jpg

316f5ead.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

disneyII038.jpg

Ashton was tall enough and we were all so excited (except my mom :confused3 as we are walking in she asks the CM if Ashton should ride with a heart condition:scared1:)...[for those who do not know Ashton has a vascular ring removed last June--he does NOT HAVE A HEART CONDITION -- and if he did I would not subject my child to something I think would hurt him :confused3 ] well i had to stop and answer all sorts of questions to the CM's before we could move on...

ASHTON LOVED IT! he rode sitting between Danny and I (we had crossed our arms in front of him for the bumpy parts and he held on tight in a few of the dark spots. But,, was ready to go again when we got off...HE IS MY DINOSAUR LOVER AFTER ALL!:thumbsup2

from here we parted ways for a little bit...Danny and the older kids took off for EE! mom and dad had not eaten so I had sent them on their way to Flamtree BBQ for some BBQ chicken!:rotfl: (Dad loved it by the way; mom had the ribs and they said that they were kinda dry but the chicken was very tender and fall off the bone!)
Ashton and I went ride (can you guess)
disneyII042.jpg

disneyII046.jpg

disneyII047.jpg

disneyII050.jpg

Now, we were all suppose to meet up for the next Nemo show (Gwendolyn missed it last year and wanted to see it with Ashton--now you remember not great phone reception --this was fun) I finally just sat down on the curb at the end of the line and waited for everyone! (when I look back now I don't know why I did not think to take Ashton to the character greet trail I knew it was there....but he had a great time exploring the dinosaur trails and climbing all over the dinosaur)
Ashton and Gwendolyn waiting for Nemo
disneyII053.jpg

1002103.jpg

cont...
(quick note my Nemo pictures did not come out all that great so I borrowed some from the web--hope you enjoy)
IMG_5043.jpg
IMG_5045_2.jpg

from here we split up again! the older kids went to ride Kali River Rapids...now normally Danny and I love this ride but we felt even though Ashton was tall enough for this attraction he was too light (and since we would be in seperate seats we would just skip it)...so after riding KRR the older kids were off to one of the water parks...

we were finally off to go off on a two week Safari ride...
next, why Danny and I should have ridden with Ashton earlier that morning!

disneyII054.jpg

Awesome that Ashton enjoyed Dinosaur! I love that ride, but my brothers don't like it, so we normally just skip it. It's on my must do list for next trip though

Claire didn't care for Dinosaur, nor did Skip I think. LOL! I know some people think it's super scary, even adults. I find it very jerky.

Way to go, Ashton!!!! :jumping1::thumbsup2

Dinosaur is one of my favorites. Can Ashton come with me in September because Mark won't be able to ride it after his back surgery and I sure could use a partner. :)

yay for Ashton, my DS is 10 and is still scared of that ride!!

The first time we ever rode Dinosaur was when DS was 6 and I went with my BFF and her daughter who was 7 at the time. We rode that for the first time and then hit Primevil whirl right after that, also a first. When we got off Primeveil whirl we were both laughing so hard and saying that was the most parentally abusive experience we have ever been through. seriously, they should have warning signs saying that you will get tortured on these rides!. Oh and she is very endowed so she felt it even worse than I did!!! meanwhile the kids thought it was hysterical, the funniest thing they had ever seen!!!:rotfl:

All caught up!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed Tusker House!! Ashton looks so cute and excited with the characters!! Oooh--I rode Dinosaur last week and LOVED it!! Ally loves it, too!! (but she's not scared of much)

That's awesome that Ashton loved Dinosaur!!! I was expecting you to say he thought it was scary. Tell him he is more brave than my 30 year-old (male) friend...he was scared silly on that ride!!!!

Yay for Dinosaur and Nemo! :woohoo:
yes, our day just was better and better as we went...he loved everything!

Awesome that Ashton enjoyed Dinosaur! I love that ride, but my brothers don't like it, so we normally just skip it. It's on my must do list for next trip though
Sara tell them to go ride TT while you ride Dinosaur; a trip to AK would not be the same for me with out a ride on Dinosaur! I'm not like that with many rides but I really like that one.

Claire didn't care for Dinosaur, nor did Skip I think. LOL! I know some people think it's super scary, even adults. I find it very jerky.
Ashton doesn't appear to be afraid of much when he is with Danny and I. Yes, I find it jerky too I guess it doesn't bother me because I feel like it is part of the experience.

Way to go, Ashton!!!! :jumping1::thumbsup2

Dinosaur is one of my favorites. Can Ashton come with me in September because Mark won't be able to ride it after his back surgery and I sure could use a partner. :)
Only if I can come too!:thumbsup2

yay for Ashton, my DS is 10 and is still scared of that ride!!

The first time we ever rode Dinosaur was when DS was 6 and I went with my BFF and her daughter who was 7 at the time. We rode that for the first time and then hit Primevil whirl right after that, also a first. When we got off Primeveil whirl we were both laughing so hard and saying that was the most parentally abusive experience we have ever been through. seriously, they should have warning signs saying that you will get tortured on these rides!. Oh and she is very endowed so she felt it even worse than I did!!! meanwhile the kids thought it was hysterical, the funniest thing they had ever seen!!!:rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl2: I still need to do Primevil Whirl; I guess next go round Ashton will be tall enough and we can both give it a try;)

All caught up!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed Tusker House!! Ashton looks so cute and excited with the characters!! Oooh--I rode Dinosaur last week and LOVED it!! Ally loves it, too!! (but she's not scared of much)
I had so mch fun following you on FB! We think we are going to try CM or Ohana's next go round. But, we really liked Tusker House; I may look for someplace with an omelet station next go round...
Ashton is not afraid of much as I said earlier as long as he is with us.

That's awesome that Ashton loved Dinosaur!!! I was expecting you to say he thought it was scary. Tell him he is more brave than my 30 year-old (male) friend...he was scared silly on that ride!!!!
He was cute! you could tell he was not sure about parts but overall he thought it was great!

I need to backtrack just a bit...before the kids moved on with out us we all went to visit the bug world! Luke was priceless during this showing, this was his second 4D experience w/ Mickey's Philharmagic being his first...Ashton sat in his own chair for a bit than was on my lap for the rest of the movie...

So, now on to our two week ride...as we were walking I thought I had read somewhere frozen lemonade (I thought this was the slushie version --it was "FROZEN" version) it was really hot and humid this day so we stopped to buy two frozen lemonades and one minute maid lemonade for Ashton...he had a quick snack to hold him over (I had taken the boiled eggs from his plate earlier so he had those along with a few crackers.) With Ashton's tummy full and we had cooled off with our shared frozen treat off we were...
SO, WHY SHOULD WE HAVE BROUGHT ASHTON RIDE THE SAFARI THAT MORNING?!?....

now as we were walking to catch our transportation Ashton decided he was getting tired (we had about a 15 min wait) just as we are sitting down there was nothing I could do to keep him from laying down on my chest:scared1: he was out cold...Danny said don't worry he will wake up with us talking to him and the bumps....NOT! he slept until I put him back in his stroller...:confused3

disneyII054.jpg

this beauty looked like she was going to come right up to our vehicle
disneyII055.jpg

my first time seeing a rhino on the safari
disneyII060.jpg

this stork was not happy to see us
disneyII061.jpg

next up the hippos
disneyII064.jpg

disneyII065.jpg

I love these white pelicans! we only have brown around our house I used to love to just go sit at the lake and watch them!
disneyII068.jpg

the living dinosaurs (Ashton loves crocs--we tried to wake him...wasn't having it
disneyII069.jpg

my favorite animal on the safari
disneyII072.jpg

our ride continued...

:drinking1 Mmmm...I just love those frozen lemonades. They are so refreshing!

Sorry Ashton fell asleep while on Safari. Looks like he missed a good ride!

can you see the elephant coming our way?!?
disneyII073.jpg

another view
disneyII074.jpg

and than we found this sweet youngster
disneyII076.jpg

thought this was interesting...
disneyII078.jpg

and we finally came across the camp; OH NO! what happened here...
disneyII085.jpg

disneyII086.jpg

white rhinos (and to think I didn't see either the black or the white before this trip)
disneyII082.jpg

disneyII083-1.jpg

disneyII084.jpg

this is Ashton just as we were coming in for docking
disneyII087.jpg

So, we get back safely and find our stroller...Ashton was sleeping so we decided to head back to the resort...
as we are walking Ashton wakes up and is ready to go...
but, before we decide to do anything else we run into these guys...
disneyII090.jpg

disneyII091.jpg

disneyII093.jpg

my camera decided to freeze here... so off we go but where:confused3
we decided to go find the gorillias
sorry I had a great view of the new baby but this one lady was blocking the view for at last 10 min a CM asked you to stayquiet and keep moving for other guest he finally asked her to move as we were leaving:confused3 and I need to go back and check through my pictures could have sworn I had pictures from our walk...
Ashton insisted I get a shot of these ladies as we were walking out...
disneyII094.jpg

as we were leaving...my DMIL has lots of birds inculing two blue and gold macawas so of course we had to shoot these guys
disneyII095.jpg

disneyII096.jpg

from here Danny and my dad wanted to head back to the resort --it was HOT! from the time we left the park to getting back to the reort ONE HOUR!:scared1: we missed the bus by seconds!
disneyII097.jpg

Ashton & I went swim for about an hour (mom and dad napped--Danny went run to Hess:confused3) showered, ate dinner at the POP Classic Hall and headed back out to EMH at DHS!

Wow Connie! Great day at AK!!! Ashton looked so cute on TT wearing Gwendolyn's sunglasses!! He is the cutest!!! My kids loved TT too and kept wanting to go on again and again!! We were going to go on Dinosaur but it was down when we tried to get on!! Grrr...that seems to happen a lot... Looks like you all had a fun day, those days with early ADR's always seem to be long!!! Looking forward to your evening at DHS!!!!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter