1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

wind blowin',sun shinin',Soarin'on a magical celebration!April/10: Final thoughts!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by longing2Batdisney, May 3, 2010.

1. longing2Batdisney

longing2Batdisney DIS Veteran

Ashton is so cute! he loves all the characters!! I told Danny last night on the way home that we need to keep taking Ashton while he is young and enjoying the real magic of Disney!
    The were so cute with the kids! Ashton loved them:love:
    thanks! Wendy...that was one of the funniest moments of the trip!
    I found some sunscreen this weekend at Walmart for Body and Scalp...I plan to give it a try this week. I will let you know how it does!!!
    Dayne is in Panama city Beach this week and in one way I hope he comes back with a girlfriend (I can't believe I am saying that:laughing: but, one that is going to school in the fall and can help keep him on track!)
    getting ready to do a short update now! HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP! can't wait to follow along when you get back!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. longing2Batdisney

So, let's get Monday started...
    Sunday ended with a real bad thunder storm...at one point during the night I woke up to some severe thunder and lighting and thought great the only ADR I decided to keep and it will be raining in the morning...

But, it was a BEAUTIFUL sunny humid day!

We had ADR's with Donald at Donald's safari Breakfast for 8:10 so Mickey gave us a wakeup call at 6:30...Danny and I got our shower, I got Ashton dressed ...told my parents and Gwendolyn to meet us outside the safari ride for 9:20 am and off we went...

Well, we got downstairs and there was only one other family waiting on the bus...is this a good sign or did we miss the first bus...:eek:
    the family there said they had been standing there for about 15 min...so, we could not have missed the first bus...they had ressies for 8:40. Well, we seen busses for MK, Epcot, and DHS...we waited and waited and waited...finally a bus shows up :yay: we would just be making it on time it seemed (we thought going down to catch the bus at 7:30 was going to be plenty enough time...I wish we would have driven our own car. by the time we got there and found out where Tusker house was (don't know why I didn't look that up the night before :confused3 )...we arrived at the park at 8:00 exactly! so, no pictures on the RUN over!! which translates to NO pictures of the park! I'm not sure what the deal was this trip but I felt overwhelmed and rushed and really not myself at all.

here are a few pictures I managaed to snap on the run to the Tusker House
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, anyway we made it to breakfast on time!!! not that is seemed to be a big deal our table was waiting for us...so we checked in, took our pictures with Doanld (which Danny and Ashton came out great...I did not realize the shirt I had on had shrunk when I washed it last and that the new shorts I had on did not look good on me until I seen the photo :scared1:...I would normally not walk out anywhere looking like I did! (I have seen many of people dressed this way and they seem comfortable with themselves but sorry I just don't like when you can see my many rolls through my clothes I try very hard to not draw attention to the extra weight I cannot be motivated to lose!:rolleyes1 ) so, with that on to the first part of our morning!

so this is a cropped version of me, Danny, and Donald
    [​IMG]

Ashton was so excited!!!! I wish I would have gotten a shot of just him and Donald...but, they were rushing you through for the families lined up behind us! I can understand that...just wishin' you know...
    [​IMG]

and now he is just waiting...what a cheesy expression...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First up Mickey!!! (he was not all that interactive with Ashton)he was acting rushed and they hardly had anyone in the resturant as of yet! they were just really seating people when he came out!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, than here come Daisy!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OH! how about a little dance with Daisy around the table area...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and, finally here comes Goofy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breakfast was great..there were a few items that I could not even swallow but most of the food was really good...glad we decided to keep this ADR!

Now, as I mentioned when we left the room we told everyone to meet us at the safari! Now, in hindsight I wish I would have just gotten in the line and rode with Ashton and than met up with everyone. My cell phone was not getting great reception and it was hard to find people who could not follow directions and just try to understand...(I really think this is why I felt so frazzled the entire time)...so, after a quick trip to the restroom and trying to get in touch with everyone we walked off to find them. They were waiting by Dinosaur (now, they had maps:confused3--don't see how the safari ride and dinosaur even appear close but...off to Dinosaur we go)...

Next...will Ashton be able to ride Dinosaur and if so what will he think?!?

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Connie, love the update and the pics with Ashton and the characters. I definitely think you need to go back on another trip WITHOUT the entire family so that you can relax and just enjoy yourself without worrying about everyone else.

5. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you were rushing to get to your breakfast ADR. At least you made it there on time. It looks like Ashton had a great time with the characters....especially when he was doing the dance around the restaurant.

6. Cory's Gal

Cory's Gal <font color=#01DF01>I also haven't met a donut I d

Yeah! Great breakfast at Donald's Connie!! We thought the food was good and we really loved the juice they served!! We rushed to our breakfast too the next morning after you! We did make it though! Ashton looks so excited with those characters, that's awesome that he danced around during the little parade!!! Great pictures!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

7. my2disneyboys

my2disneyboys DIS Veteran

Hi Connie! I have been reading your updates on my blackberry but I cant figure out to reply with it on the Dis boards!:confused: That was a funny story about your dad buying the childrens ponchos:rotfl2: that would have been a cute picture!! :rotfl2: I also like the pictures of you and Ashton on the Jungle Cruise!

I have been to that Donalds breakfast twice now and both times that food is really good but the characters are rushed and it has been my least favorite interaction! I am so torn about keeping it or ditching it this time!!:confused: I was thinking that instead maybe the day we go to DHS we could take the boat over to the Beach Club and have breakfast at Cape May and then take the boat back to DHS and spend the day there. I just wonder if we will get to DHS and then not want to leave to go have breakfast!? I dont know!! Sorry I am rambling...

Ashton looks like he is having a great vacation in these pics!! I am so sorry you felt overwhelmed and not yourself.... I think you spend a whole year planning and build your expectations so high and get so excited and then when you actually are on the trip and it's hot or there are lines or people don't meet you where they say they are going to meet you and it is such a letdown... well atleast that is how it was for me. I am really going to try this trip to just RELAX and ENJOY myself and enjoy watching my kids faces and not let the little things ruin my trip for me. remind me of that later on when I am on the trip will you!!? :goodvibes

8. Believeinfairytales

Believeinfairytales DIS Veteran

Well, glad you made it to Tusker House and that Ashton had such a great time! Sorry for the confusion trying to meet up with your family. I've been there. :sad2:

9. longing2Batdisney

Ashton LOVES:love: ALL THE CHARACTERS! THERE WAS NOT ONE CHARACTER HE DID NOT HUG!!
    I plan to go back either just Ashton and I or maybe we will bring Danny along! We just don't know when that will be...Danny and I were talking about that the other day...I told him I love bringing Ashton to Disney at this age and I can see why people with little ones go every year. I also want 5 days at least again, last year was a perfect touring plan (if I could incorporate last year and this year...it would not be any better)

Now, I do want to travel other places so we are (or should I say me) schemeing other locations and disney and trying to figure it all out...expense wise...you know what I mean! But, if we do Hawaii like we wanted to EVERYTHING ELSE IS OUT FOR THE YEAR!:confused3

We were at the bus stop for 7:15 not 7:30 like I first posted Danny told me last night we left the room at the hour before our ADR mark...I just wish I were more like Danny laid back and when we get there we get there (he is not a late person but he does not let things frazzle his nerves like I do)...
    Ashton had a blast; it was worth the $100 breakfast cost us that morning (with the family picture included in that figure)...

10. longing2Batdisney

Danny reallly liked the juice, too! that is what is spilled on Ashton's shirt in the Mickey picture:laughing:...(on arrival)I just wish Danny would have listened and we would have taken his truck...it didn't help that it was EMH that morning. Ashton loved it all! Next, time I will be sure to add the ADR's that I know they do involve kids like the Daisy dance I should have video'd instead...

Thanks! Nickie those pictures are just a few that I don't mind of myself...
    Ashton loves Disney!!!! he still tells Danny he wants to go ride the Mickey bus! :mickeyjum :rotfl2:

I like your idea of riding over to Cape May... if I ever decide to do DDP I think I will plan things like that!...
    I don't like being torn in different directions to what other people want to do...I like to be the planner,BUT I don't mind changing my plans but don't tell me you are OK with the plan and than change...I believe that was my LAST trip like that...I get frazzled enough on my own I don't need any help from the peanut gallery:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

I have figured out how to read and follow FB and I have figured out to access the dis but have yet firgure out how to get to my subscribed list by phone!

yes, we made it with 5 min to spare we were the third family seated that morning! :woohoo: and yes Ashton loved it!

11. mommytothreeboys

mommytothreeboys DIS Veteran

Aww....I love that Ashton loves all the characters! My boys do too...that makes it so fun!

We haven't done the AK character breakfast since they moved it from Dinoland, but we LOVED it there. I wonder how the two compare.....

UGH...."traveling with a group" issues again! I hope you find everyone! ;) And I can't wait to hear about Ashton and Dinosaur.....popcorn::

12. longing2Batdisney

Well, now that we have figured out where my parents and Gwendolyn & Joe were waiting we were off...after a lot of complaining to Danny and him giggling (that is how he calms me down and agreeing with me) that we were coming back very very soon just the three of us and if he did not want to come I was bringing Ashton back when some of my dis friends would be there :rotfl2: (again he just agrees! he is such a great guy!:hug: )...
    so we meet up with our group sitting on a bench just outside Dinoland...
    Dayne and Luke arrived about the same time we did...the boys decided to use everyone's tickets and go run get FP's for EE! and Kali river Rapids (mom, dad, and myself did not have an interest in either of these rides so they would have 3 FP's for KRR...they would only be short one so their plan was after riding Dinosaur to run get another pass and than ride EE!)
    so while waiting Gwendolyn brought Ashton ride TT! he loves this ride....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    after the ride we were still waiting for the boys so Danny and Gwendolyn decided to go ride PW
    so my dad and Ashton went ride TT

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!:lovestruc
    [​IMG]

see Ashton's hand in the above picture...that means he is really explaining something really important...can you hear the chatter!! :rotfl2:

[​IMG]

the three boys had just returned and decided to go ride PW, too! when Danny came back this little girl decided he and Ashton were cute or something Danny has to shoooo them away...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so with everyone FINALLY! all together ...
    (rare snapshot of the boys who would not pose but had the nerve to ask if I took any pictures of them:rotfl: )
    [​IMG]

off we go to see if we can bring back a dinosaur!

13. Mombits

Mombits Mouseketeer

We were there that night too! I was totally bummed about the rain- especially since MK was supposed to be open til 2 am and it was supposed to be Spectro night. I don't know if they stayed open or closed??? We were riding the teacups at around 8:30 and they closed them down so we decided to watch Philharmagic and then leave. :headache:

14. Charlefours

Charlefours DIS Veteran

:yay: TH! I am looking forward to this ADR. I understand it is hit or miss but we are looking forward to it. I think the morning of this, we may drive since we get free parking as resort guests. The morning buses are something I am really weary of--I hate being late (and rushed)! Dinosaur or the Safari...nope they don't sound anything like each other. :lmao:

I agree with Kathy, you need to plan a trip for the three of you to go back and truly enjoy it (or just the two of you...:rolleyes1)

:lovestruc the picture of your dad and Ashton--so precious!

15. Believeinfairytales

Cute picture of your dad and Ashton walking. I too like pictures like that. :goodvibes

16. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

TYPICAL boys! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

17. mommytothreeboys

mommytothreeboys DIS Veteran

That picture of Ashton and your dad is priceless. I love unposed shots like that. They seem to just capture an emotion! LOVE IT!

Don't you just love an agreeable husband?? :lovestruc Although sometimes I think they just do it so we stop yapping!! :rotfl:

18. longing2Batdisney

So, the carousel in FL has a name change starting June 1 and I just love the story they have come up with to go with it! It really does help to pull the male factor into the world of Disney princesses!
    (as a mom of a boy who loves ALL disney...I love the addition!)

A quick update to share tonight…our antique carrousel ride in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom Park – Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel – is officially changing its name to Prince Charming Regal Carrousel. The name change takes effect June 1.

The name change helps tell the rest of the Cinderella story that inspired the carrousel. Here’s the official story behind it:

Following their fairy-tale romance and happily-ever-after wedding, Cinderella and Prince Charming took up residence in Cinderella’s Castle. With peace throughout the kingdom, Prince Charming had time to practice for jousting tournaments. In the countryside near the castle, he built a training device of carved horses, on which he could practice the art of ring-spearing, a tournament event in which a knight rides his horse full speed, lance in hand, toward a small ring hanging from a tree limb, with the object of spearing the ring. This event was known by various names throughout the lands, but generally came to be called “carrousel.”

The carrousel device drew the attention of the villagers, who wanted to take a turn on this amazing spinning contraption. So Prince Charming had a second carrousel constructed closer to the Castle, where everyone could take a spin on this wondrous invention. Instead of a working knight’s training device, however, this new carrousel is more befitting its regal location in the Castle Courtyard – its rustic training horses replaced with ornately decorated prancing steeds adorned with golden helmets and shields, flower garlands, feathers and other festoons. Prince Charming invites one and all to test their horsemanship skills and to enjoy their own happy ending.

19. Believeinfairytales

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

20. aprilisis

aprilisis <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Great updates! I love the photos. :thumbsup2

21. BippityBoo

BippityBoo DIS Veteran

I am getting very nervous about Dinosaur!! Becky said it was not scary at all..so maybe I am just a huge chicken :lmao: Love the picture of Ashton and your DH~! Cute!