• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Yes. I know it was offered in 2011 and 2012 beginning the Friday before Memorial Day because we were there!!! LOL I booked that week again this year. Hoping for some pixie dust!!!! The free dining saves us $1680...not saving near that much with the room discount but I'll take whatever I can get!

Did you receive a pin for the May, 2012 free dining? I may be wrong but I thought that free dining was only offered in May, 2011.

We had it one year - but it was for the last week of May only - We checked in the Friday before Memorial Day and had it. :)

We were able to take advantage of free dining in May 2011 and it saved us a ton of money.

No pin. It was public deal both years.

That's odd because we booked with the only offer that was available for our travel dates in May , 2012 with that offer being a % off. I just went to the mousesavers site and it shows free dining offered: Jan. 8 to Mar. 31, 2012 and also later in the year but nothing in May. It does, however, show free dining for May 27 to June 2, 2011 which is the only time that I've been able to take advantage of free dining in May. That's why I asked if it was a free dining pin.

So excited that in 90 days I get to surprise my kiddos! It has been so hard for me to not tell them and even more difficult to discuss things with my DH about the trip.

So excited that in 90 days I get to surprise my kiddos! It has been so hard for me to not tell them and even more difficult to discuss things with my DH about the trip.

Thats awesome !!!! I can't believe you have been able to ! I was going to try to keep it a secret from my DW but I knew there was no chance :)

We are off in 83 days now ... Its really gettin here ! :)

Oh my - I just checked this AM and we are 90 days away from our trip!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:Can't wait until we are on the road headed 'home'!:cool1:

I am trying to keep this a secret from my son that we are going for his birthday in May but it keeps getting harder and harder.

I bet!!! We are getting close now! I think I am going to start planning my "Disney Countdown Calendar" today. I still have a bunch of the home depot Mickey head paint samples - will use them as the countdown ticker! I also need to make our trip shirts. Lots of fun planning to do! When are you guys heading down? We check in on the 30th (DH's bday!!). :goodvibes

mickeystoontown said:
That's odd because we booked with the only offer that was available for our travel dates in May , 2012 with that offer being a % off. I just went to the mousesavers site and it shows free dining offered: Jan. 8 to Mar. 31, 2012 and also later in the year but nothing in May. It does, however, show free dining for May 27 to June 2, 2011 which is the only time that I've been able to take advantage of free dining in May. That's why I asked if it was a free dining pin.

I'm thinking that it was extended to certain weeks. Trying to remember that far back. But we have never had a pin. I wish!! We have always gone with free dining and upgraded to deluxe but my hope for that this may is about gone!

Im a little confused here...I noticed a lot of you hoping to add free dining to your already discounted rooms?? I thought you could only get one discount at a time ie either room discount OR free dining not both...am I wrong? I see people saying on here they got a pin for a discount and free dining?? how is this possible? I got a pin last year for free dining and discount too but they told me I had to choose which one I wanted to use. Just checking incase Im missing something here.. thanks

Im a little confused here...I noticed a lot of you hoping to add free dining to your already discounted rooms?? I thought you could only get one discount at a time ie either room discount OR free dining not both...am I wrong? I see people saying on here they got a pin for a discount and free dining?? how is this possible? I got a pin last year for free dining and discount too but they told me I had to choose which one I wanted to use. Just checking incase Im missing something here.. thanks

You are correct in your thinking. You can't stack two discounts on top of each other. You must chose one discount or the other.

I think a lot of people have discounted rooms booked but are waiting/hoping for Free Dining because they would prefer that discount over the room one.
Meaning they would switch their discounts.
The only people who have ever been able to combine Free Dining + Room disounts are those from the UK. Not sure about the PIN.

Absolutely! The difference between free dining for a week and discount room for a week is the difference between $150 and like $900 savings. So BUMP! C'mon Disney, times are tough.

is there a chance they offer FD for May? has anyone received a pin lately for this? DW is tired of calling and asking.

ahhhh ok got ya...so we are better ditching the room discount and taking the free dining if it comes along..ok....then bring it on!! I have never really sat down and did the math, I always assumed it worked out the same. Fingers crossed then it comes along.!!!! Allllllllllllll hail Free dining gods!!!!

ahhhh ok got ya...so we are better ditching the room discount and taking the free dining if it comes along..ok....then bring it on!! I have never really sat down and did the math, I always assumed it worked out the same. Fingers crossed then it comes along.!!!! Allllllllllllll hail Free dining gods!!!!

Don't assume that if its a better deal for somone else that it would also be a better deal for you.
Just before you decide...... Do the math. ;)

Actually for us.... it didn't work out that great.....
There's just DD and myself......
We don't like sit-down meals all the time... in a week's time we will have only 3-5 table service meals (between 1-2 character breakfasts and a couple nice dinners)
We aren't big eaters and we like to just carry around a few "snacks" like healthy granola bars that we bring from home and pack in our suitcases.

We have found that now since all the resorts have refrigerators we can order from Garden Grocery and have some things like bottled water, snacks, cereal, milk delivered. Then we are set for the week.

It all depends on what you like..... if you typically do a lot of table service and there are 4 of you.... definitely free dining is a better deal.

But for 2 of us that don't eat much..... the resort "room only" discount is better.

Either way..... great deals!!

Oh.... forgot to add..... if you have an annual pass.... which we did last year.... you can get 10 to 20% discounts on a lot of restaurants. Also... we purchased a "Tables in Wonderland" dicsount card which is good for 1 year. Gave us 20% discounts...... the initial cost was $75 for the card but we saved about a total of $200 so far (we had other family members that met us down there for a couple meals).... and we will use it again when we go in May.

well we sat down and did the math and we would def be better off with free dining by about $300 in our pocket so yes...def would work out better for us. Cant complain though about the room discount though and Im more than happy to be going back to CBR my happy place! Def going to take some cereal this year too and get some milk for the fridge. We will be hiring a car so the min we arrive I will stop off and pick some up along with some snacks for my two boys bottomless pit tummys!!!! 9 weeks and counting....cant wait

dosn't the spring room offer run out tomorrow the 7th?? maybe a nice dining offer will come out then. Mind you, Ive called the reservations desk so many times this year and made so many changes if I call them again they will think Im a complete ding dong..lol

dosn't the spring room offer run out tomorrow the 7th?? maybe a nice dining offer will come out then. Mind you, Ive called the reservations desk so many times this year and made so many changes if I call them again they will think Im a complete ding dong..lol

Only for certain travel dates. I believe the promotion does end until March 31st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter