Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

We just booked our May trip on Monday and ended up going with the AoA Little Mermaid rooms even though there was no discounts. It came out to about the same price as the moderates with the current discounts but we just felt that the kids, 5 and 1, would love the AoA building theming, especially the Cars area, and the main pool. Absolutely pained me to book anything without discounts though. Here's hoping to some additional discounting along the lines of s/p/d or free dining to come along that we could take advantage of.

I had wanted to stay in a LM room, but when we got a pin that didn't work for AOA, I just switched right over to the POP side of life :) I still want to stay in AOA at some point, but I'm way too much of a bargain shopper to stay in a resort with no discount! Hopefully something comes up that will work for you though (and if it does, I just might end up seeing if there are any rooms left to switch back over to AOA again myself!) :)

Oooh I just read that they are adding a few food kiosks to the WS during F&G! Food & Flower Festival, here I come!

Oooh I just read that they are adding a few food kiosks to the WS during F&G! Food & Flower Festival, here I come!

I didn't think it was a "food" and flower festival, but just a flower / garden frestival.

Either way, its good news since I will be there during that time.

Gottu say its tough to think any of these special periods are going to be that awesome after watching some friends post pictures from Christmas ... wow, those lights.

Think I might just have to save save save (since its likely there are no discounts) and head down for Christmas 2014.

I didn't think it was a "food" and flower festival, but just a flower / garden frestival.

Either way, its good news since I will be there during that time.

Gottu say its tough to think any of these special periods are going to be that awesome after watching some friends post pictures from Christmas ... wow, those lights.

Think I might just have to save save save (since its likely there are no discounts) and head down for Christmas 2014.

I was just kidding calling it the food & flower festival :)

Christmas looks amazing, I would love to go to Disney World for the holidays some year!

last may we went to Disney, and the weather was perfect....not once did I think of having to put on a sweat shirt or anything to cover me up...it was just plain gorgeous...can hardly wait for May again

last may we went to Disney, and the weather was perfect....not once did I think of having to put on a sweat shirt or anything to cover me up...it was just plain gorgeous...can hardly wait for May again

Exactly! The weather is great and the crowds aren't too bad. Our last few trips have been during the summer and the humidity and crowds were just too much! So glad to be going in the spring again.:)

Now, I need to figure this out. We are likely going in May, around May 24 (could be 23rd or 25th) for 1 week. We will be 6 staying either in the same room, or in 2 bedrooms (me and my daughter in one; my sister, her 2 kids and my mom in the other).

How do you guys get PIN?

Now, I need to figure this out. We are likely going in May, around May 24 (could be 23rd or 25th) for 1 week. We will be 6 staying either in the same room, or in 2 bedrooms (me and my daughter in one; my sister, her 2 kids and my mom in the other).

How do you guys get PIN?

Well even if you can't get the pin, there is the current promotion running, 20-35% off rooms and discounted tickets ... Are you aware of this ?

Of course we would rather have a free dining pin :)

We have been in May the last 2 years (end of May) and the weather is perfect! Nice and warm - not super humid - BEAUTIFUL! :goodvibes
Two years ago we got 1 afternoon of rain - last year we had a few more days but not bad at all! LOVE that time of year! Will it get here already???!!!:rotfl:

In the past, the FL resident and AP rates were always the lowest. But, recently they have not been any lower than general public codes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will be lower this time, if only a little.

AP rates are out now but my preferred room at Pop for 8 nights 5/3 to 5/11 is about $45 more than the general public rates I've got booked.

Edited to add: Just recalculated and the AP rates are actually $68 cheaper than what I have booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter