Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by cindermomma, Mar 16, 2012.

1. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

Annual Passholder discounts. I just rechecked my dates and the AP rate is $68 cheaper than the spring deal I have booked so I'll call and change to that. AP rates aren't better enough than other rates to justify a pass purchase if you are not already purchasing the pass because you plan to be in the parks more than 10 days in a calendar year.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. marylandgirl

marylandgirl Mouseketeer

What exactly was the room discount? Was it better than the general public offer? I am wishing for one of those.

4. icequeenkcl

icequeenkcl Earning My Ears

It was 20 to 35% room only and free dining for jan to march 7th!!! Really not much difference!

When It came to adding dining and park tickets the price came out about 50 more than the general public offer!!!

5. bjakmom

bjakmom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up on AP rates - I've been waiting for them! Just saved $200 on my BCV studio for end of May.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

6. lucas

lucas °o°

THANKS for the heads-up about the AP rates! At first the CM said APs were only available thru March, but I kept saying I knew people who got the rates for May. I kept pushing for it and sure enough, she found the code and said they must have just come out!

We have POP booked with the Spring Savings Offer, but with the AP rate we saved $23.22. I'll take it. It is like a game, and I am not gonna throw $23 out the window. Besides that is a perk of having an AP. Thanks again.

:thanks:

7. Grumpy's Gal

Grumpy's Gal <font color=coral>Of course, who wants to get gold

Sorry, I didn't word that well. I knew what AP was -- I wanted to know the percentage off and if it was for all resorts. So my DH called and the CM swore up
    and down the AP rates for May were not out yet!!!! So we didn't get one. We called back later that night and they said they were all used up for our
    resort ;(

8. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Hey guys ... if we are going for 11 days are we better off to buy APs and get AP rate in may ????

9. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

Where are you planning on staying? How many park days? Were you planning on water parks?

10. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Booked at POR 11 park days ... currently paying for hoppers, no water parks may 5-15

11. Chyvalri

Chyvalri Earning My Ears

Come on Free Dining!
    We're all counting on you!

12. mikesdisneymom

mikesdisneymom DIS Veteran

I want free dining so bad, then I can extend my trip.

13. Chyvalri

Chyvalri Earning My Ears

We're bringing a 9-year-old for her first "real" trip in the first week of May.
    I'm figuring free dining would save us around 8-900$

14. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

While I'd love to see free dining offered during our travel dates (May 21 to June 1st), I'm thinking that it will not happen. Especially since there are already discounts out for that time period. We were already booked at rack rate and the current promo saved us a bout $600.00. Free dining would save us $1,600.00.

15. lovesdumbo

lovesdumbo DIS Veteran

AP discounted rooms available for your dates for garden view $140 weekdays/$157.50 weekends. $1,614 total with tax. This compares to the current general public discounted price of $1,730.

Regular ticket max out at 10 days for about $400 for a hopper. An extra one day ticket is almost $95 plus another $35 if you want that one day to be a hopper. A new AP is $611. Do you have a package booked? You might be getting a discount on tickets.

You only need one AP to get room discount. With an AP you could purchase the Tables in Wonderland card that gets you 20% discount at most table service restaurants. I find this works better for me than DDP.

AP gets you a 10% discount on most merchandise.

Be warned having an AP makes you want to take more trips.:rotfl2:

16. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

We have a package boooked may 5 to 15 in por ... with dp and hoppers ... tix are actually costing 400ish per person ....
    (edited, called and got a better break down)

I know what you mean about aps though ... already thinking if we get aps to extend this trip by 2 days and book a bounce back and not have to worry about tix for it could be great !!!

17. LaurenM

LaurenM Mouseketeer

Come on FD!!!!

18. kjpotter

kjpotter Mouseketeer

Has there every been FD in May?

We're planning on May 18-24 and FD would be awesome if somehow we got it.

19. nooneshome

nooneshome but us dis shutins-send help or APs

Another vote for FD. DW is calling to see if we have the FD pin code.

:banana::banana: post #2000!! I have a long way to go to catch people like Robo :banana::banana:

20. allboyhouse

allboyhouse Registered

Yes. I know it was offered in 2011 and 2012 beginning the Friday before Memorial Day because we were there!!! LOL I booked that week again this year. Hoping for some pixie dust!!!! The free dining saves us $1680...not saving near that much with the room discount but I'll take whatever I can get!

21. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

We had it one year - but it was for the last week of May only - We checked in the Friday before Memorial Day and had it. :)