Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

I made mine this last week and was surprised by how few times were left at the restaurants I chose. I would highly recommend making them.

That is what I received, and that's what I have heard others saying as well.

I'm thinking after thanksgiving or beginning of December we could see a new public discount. Though, I do think they may wait until this current promotion expires on Dec 31. I hope it comes soon, though, for all of you waiting for it! pixiedust:

As a side note, how important do you think it is to make ADRs on the 180 day mark? My dad is so not concerned with it and the planner/OCD in me doesn't understand why we would "risk" not getting the times/days/places we want.

I hope a public discount is released sooner than later! I'm just too darned impatient!
There's no reason not to make reservations at the 180 day mark, right? So I'd just make them yourself if dad's not too worried about it :)

I hope a public discount is released sooner than later! I'm just too darned impatient!
There's no reason not to make reservations at the 180 day mark, right? So I'd just make them yourself if dad's not too worried about it :)

I completely understand the impatient part! That's me in a nutshell! :goodvibes

That's what I'm thinking. I'll make the ressies and when he decides he's ready to figure it out. He can either change it or keep the ones I make. We have a group of 8 so I think it's better to do it earlier rather than later. :confused3

We just decided to make the trip back again this year !!! We are playing with the dates around Memorial Day .. I called today and my husband had a pin for free dining bc ends in March :( Really hoping for a pin or public discount .. I can't believe how much prices have went up since May of 2012..

We just decided to make the trip back again this year !!! We are playing with the dates around Memorial Day .. I called today and my husband had a pin for free dining bc ends in March :( Really hoping for a pin or public discount .. I can't believe how much prices have went up since May of 2012..

I know, we were shocked by some of the price increases, especially in dining. We has planned to go with DxDP so we could splurge and eat a TS at lunch and a Signature at dinner, but prices went up like 15%!!! We did the math on what we'd realistically eat where and realized that paying OOP would be cheaper for us since we'd rarely order the most expensive items.

We were lucky and got free qsdp last year and upgraded to dxdp. Only having to pay the differnce we actually saved money but paying full price I dont think we would save.. After eating a Cinderella's castle ,Chef Mickeys and the Hop de doo all of our other meals were "free".

What's weird is that a lot of the pins that have been "handed out" are for free dining through march and then discounts on rooms through May 22. Surprised they didn't have that attached to your name.

To be honest I only asked about FD,but that room discount wouldn't work for us bc our check-in date would be May25/26 depending on flight ...

We hit the *book it now* button. :banana:

Booked a Pool View room at AKL for 5/24-6/1.
Like everyone else I am hoping for some sort of discount - Not super jazzed about the full price sticker price :worried: - But I booked within my budget - and we are going regardless. If a great room discount comes up (like maybe the 35% off like last year:p) - I might consider upgrading our room. Or I might stay where we are (love Pool View there:beach:) - and just enjoy the extra savings.

Now to plan or ADR's.....

So is it possible to still get a pin code AFTER booking. They don't look at your reservation as a done deal and leave you out of the pin code pool? I'm afraid to book early for that reason. I really want the QSDP.

So is it possible to still get a pin code AFTER booking. They don't look at your reservation as a done deal and leave you out of the pin code pool? I'm afraid to book early for that reason. I really want the QSDP.

The last time the PIN Gods:littleangel: smiled on us, we already had a trip booked. That was a few years ago. :(

Put a refundable deposit down on a 3 bdr rental home with it's own swimming pool for less than $600 for the entire week for the same week we booked a $5000+ plus trip at a WDW resort if a discount doesn't roll out. We are still going down but if no discounts will stay offsite and visit Sea World, Legoland, and maybe do a day at the MK and a day at EPCOT and one a Blizzard Beach (with Undercover Tourist Tix instead). No discount- no WDW resort dice for me. I made a back-up plan :)

I called today to see if there was a PIN associated with my name. Not yet. She said regular promotions for May will come out near the first of the year.

Helllllllo .... loving this thread ... just registered for the board, my wife and I honeymooned in Disney last year, we are officially addicted. Trying to get a whole group down with us in May, first and second week, 3-11th ...

Just wondering how do you get "pin" codes ...

Otherwise, I just keep checking the site.

Although typically, the last 4 years, they have offered room discounts for this period.

That is what I received, and that's what I have heard others saying as well.

I'm thinking after thanksgiving or beginning of December we could see a new public discount. Though, I do think they may wait until this current promotion expires on Dec 31. I hope it comes soon, though, for all of you waiting for it! pixiedust:

As a side note, how important do you think it is to make ADRs on the 180 day mark? My dad is so not concerned with it and the planner/OCD in me doesn't understand why we would "risk" not getting the times/days/places we want.

Can anyone give any details, via this thread or PM about what the Pin Code they were offered is/was discount wise !?!? I would greatly appreciate it ... could make for an awesome Christmas give to my wife if I could have this booked before then !

Thanks !!!

JS

We have a room only reservation booked with a AAA discount for a family suite at Art of Animation with the hope that Disney will soon release a nice discount promotion that includes our May dates. The AAA discount is only 10%, but it is better than nothing I guess. We are happy to have a nice Plan B which is Wyndham Bonnet Creek :goodvibes. We have a reservation for a deluxe 2 bedroom over there at a great rate which we will be holding onto depending on what Disney decides to offer for May ;)

The PIN that we currently have applied to our account is for 20%, 30%, or 35%? off of our resort stay. We booked for 30% and we are staying at POR. I am not exactly forsure on the dates, but I know that we leave the 24th, and the code expires the 23rd of May.

gosh I want a PIN so BAD !!! lol looking May 2 or 3 to 12th ...

Looking to stay in River Side or French Quarter .. hoping they are as good as Coronado was last year !!!

made all my dining ressies this morning!!! Now I am excited!
Got everything I wanted :goodvibes

Our 10 days will be spent eating at-
BOG(twice!)
Le Cellier
Sanaa
50's Primetime
Tutto Italia
Ohana's
The Wave
Rainforest Cafe at AK
Coral Reef

CAN NOT WAIT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter