Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Can someone remind me of the ADR rule if you do NOT have a room reservation yet??

I know if you do and are staying onsite it's 180.......but not sure the rest.

The way I understand it, anyone can get ADRs at the 180 mark. But if you have an onsite ressie, you can also book ADRs for up to 10 days of a stay.

No ressie means you have to call each day to get an ADR for each day of your stay. You can only book an ADR at the 180 mark for each day.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't explain it well....crying 1 year old is distracting me :P

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

fanoftiger Thanks so much!!! That makes complete sense. My old brain was not working (big shock there!), and I just couldn't for the life of me remember what the rule was.

thanks again,
Missy

P.S. Enjoy the 1 year old......they grow up so fast.

The way I understand it, anyone can get ADRs at the 180 mark. But if you have an onsite ressie, you can also book ADRs for up to 10 days of a stay.

No ressie means you have to call each day to get an ADR for each day of your stay. You can only book an ADR at the 180 mark for each day.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't explain it well....crying 1 year old is distracting me :P

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

That's how I understand it. With a room ressie, you can book 180+ 10 days. Without, you can book only do the 180 days out. So you would be calling/booking online several different days if you have a multiple day trip.

merbobear said:
Oooh that sounds fun! I would love to do an adults only trip at some point too, but right now we are able to do one trip a year and so dd(almost 5) is with us! Our 180 days is on Sunday, I have a spreadsheet with our hopeful-ADR's all planned out! ha

I need to do that too. I just need to get a better idea of where we are eating. Guess I better get busy.

We just booked May8th-13th, My daughter will be turning three the day we leave. I am hoping for discounts coming out as we booked value and QSDP. I hope they offer DP free. I signed up for the dvd and emails but have not received an email from them yet.

We just booked May8th-13th, My daughter will be turning three the day we leave. I am hoping for discounts coming out as we booked value and QSDP. I hope they offer DP free. I signed up for the dvd and emails but have not received an email from them yet.

Congrats!!! We will be there from the 8th to the 17th, hoping for a room only discount because we are renting a house at Windsor Hills Resort. We are staying at AoA on the 8th only. What a great Bday present! pixiedust:

I broke down and booked!! I got 2 pins for % off BUT the deal ends May 22-which is the day I arrive :worried:

I ended up booking a mermaid room,with tix and food and NO DEAL! I am hoping for a deal for the late may dates I want!!!

trip is now at $4700 for 11 days,10 nights

I broke down and booked!! I got 2 pins for % off BUT the deal ends May 22-which is the day I arrive :worried:

I ended up booking a mermaid room,with tix and food and NO DEAL! I am hoping for a deal for the late may dates I want!!!

trip is now at $4700 for 11 days,10 nights

I thought that as long as you check in on the day the "deal" ends, it would apply to the entire trip?

Have you called and tried that??

Still hoping that we'll see something soon for those of us traveling in May. If I am remembering correctly, a special offer for May, 2012 came out in November of last year. I think that I modified our WDW reservation before we went to Tennessee for the Thanksgiving holiday.

According to Mousesavers the only GP discounts that came out last for travel times during May were room only discounts.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Travel dates 4/13/12-6/14/12
5%-30% off general public room-only rates (also bookable as package)
deal released 11/30/11, exp 2/28/12
deal released 2/29/12, exp 3/31/12

Not the best deals... but I'd be happy with any!! Would really love free dining. But since I'm going over Memorial Day I won't hold my breath for that one!! :rotfl:

According to Mousesavers the only GP discounts that came out last for travel times during May were room only discounts.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

deal released 11/30/11, exp 2/28/12
deal released 2/29/12, exp 3/31/12

Not the best deals... but I'd be happy with any!! Would really love free dining. But since I'm going over Memorial Day I won't hold my breath for that one!! :rotfl:

Thanks for posting the info. I knew that it was somewhere around the Thanksgiving holiday that the special offer was released. We were able to take advantage of the 20% offer at the Caribbean Beach Resort (and our dates included Memorial Day so don't give up hope!). Or was it a 25% off that we were able to use? I can't remember but at this point I'll take whatever discount they want to give me since our trip is costing over $4,800 and that's just the cost of staying onsite, our tickets and dining plan. I still have to factor in our travel expenses (gas, food on the road and hotel stay) and whatever tour we choose to do for our son's 16th birthday.

We don't want the dining plan so room only is what I am hoping for. Now to just wait it out till the end of the month (hopefully!)

We don't want the dining plan so room only is what I am hoping for. Now to just wait it out till the end of the month (hopefully!)

Even though we had a package booked, we were able to apply the room only special offer to the room portion of our package. :thumbsup2

any discount would be great! I told them I was hesitating to book AofA since it is being excluded in the deals, but they said maybe it will be included after Jan- after it has been open for a bit. I told them if not I would want to switch to another resort for a deal.I have never switched my hotel before but a lower price would do it:teacher:
On a good note- at least it will be easy for me to sign in,go online and book my dining on bk fri weekend. I cannot wait for Be Our Guest!!

any discount would be great! I told them I was hesitating to book AofA since it is being excluded in the deals, but they said maybe it will be included after Jan- after it has been open for a bit. I told them if not I would want to switch to another resort for a deal.I have never switched my hotel before but a lower price would do it:teacher:
On a good note- at least it will be easy for me to sign in,go online and book my dining on bk fri weekend. I cannot wait for Be Our Guest!!

I was told that there would be no discounts for the Little Mermaid rooms since they are being booked solid without any discounts. We are booked at the CSR right now but I'd change to another moderate if the discount wasn't as good there as it were at the other moderates. I know in the past that French Quarter's discounts were lower than the other mods. Time will tell I guess.

We are going to Smoky Mountain National Park over the Thanksgiving holiday and our ADR date falls within that time frame. I know what I'll be doing the day after Thanksgiving and it certainly isn't shopping. I'll be making ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter