Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

The ticket hold expired today so I called up AA as a last ditch effort, and thanks to some AAgent magic, they combined our two reservations and made us both DCA-JFK-BCN! It's costing 100k frequent flier miles for business class, but only $10. :thumbsup2

Have to wait until the 31st to start trying to book the return...

Anyone find any amazing hotel deals for the night of the 14th pre-cruise or the night of the 27th post cruise? I can use points with Priority Club but the Holiday Inn Express is a little out of the way...

Just wanted ya'll to know that we jumped ship and won't be going on this cruise any more. We will be going on the June 1 cruise to Alaska and then flying to Hawaii for a week. Have fun!

Sorry to see you go, but Alaska and Hawaii sound fun. We did Alaska in 2011 and it was a great cruise.

Anyone know when excursion info might start coming out? I think we will do all ports on our own except for Rome and Athens. Not sure whether to book private tours or play it safe with the Disney excursion, but nothing to really compare it to yet!

Thanks!

canadakath said:
Anyone know when excursion info might start coming out? I think we will do all ports on our own except for Rome and Athens. Not sure whether to book private tours or play it safe with the Disney excursion, but nothing to really compare it to yet!

Thanks!

More than likely.....A little bit before the 120-day mark for the 1st cruise for Rome. Athens? Could be as late as just before the 120-day mark for us since we're the guinea pigs.

Thanks for the reply MinnieDiva. Does anyone know if there are details of excursions from previous Med cruises anywhere? Not trip reports, but the DCL list of excursions and pricing. I know there will be changes, but just want to start getting an idea.

On another note, I cna't believe how full our cruise appears to be! There is nothing but Oceanview cabins left, and not all that many of those either! I have resigned myself to the fact that we are unlikely to see a good deal before paid-in-full date comes along, but I will keep my fingers crossed for a port upgrade if folks jump ship for cheaper options. I will be happy with my verandah cat 5B, but this is likely a once in a lifetime trip so we might be willing to pay a bit for an upgrade.

canadakath said:
Thanks for the reply MinnieDiva. Does anyone know if there are details of excursions from previous Med cruises anywhere? Not trip reports, but the DCL list of excursions and pricing. I know there will be changes, but just want to start getting an idea.

On another note, I cna't believe how full our cruise appears to be! There is nothing but Oceanview cabins left, and not all that many of those either! I have resigned myself to the fact that we are unlikely to see a good deal before paid-in-full date comes along, but I will keep my fingers crossed for a port upgrade if folks jump ship for cheaper options. I will be happy with my verandah cat 5B, but this is likely a once in a lifetime trip so we might be willing to pay a bit for an upgrade.

I have a full list of all the prior excursions/pricing. I posted just a few on my blog. Www.worldofmouse.com
I'll try to scan the remaining info Friday.

MinnieDiva said:
And Mehaul,where did you get that really cute Mickey avatar by your name?

One of the dis magnet people has all the Mickey country flags. I went with Greece :)

canadakath said:
That's great. Thanks!!!

Do previous Med cruisers remember if some of these excursions were hard to book / filled up quickly?

We did most of the ports on our own, but to answer your question - no. The only time I noted that excursions that were sold out was on the boat a day or 2 before that port.

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry to say that we are cancelling our reservation for this cruise. We've decided that last year's 10 night Med cruise with our kids was the experience of a lifetime, and we don't want to do something so similiar again this soon. Plus we want to split our vacation time into a couple of week-long trips.

Howard and I have just returned from a fabulous, romantic week at a couples-only resort in Jamaica and are desperate to return. So we will do that next spring and then do a late-summer week-long family vacation with our best friends and their 5 kids and our two adult children in a waterfront rental somewhere in the northeastern US.

I hope you all have a fabulous trip!

Matt and Cheryl - We will really miss sharing this amazing adventure with you. You are going to have such an awesome time!

That's great. Thanks!!!

Do previous Med cruisers remember if some of these excursions were hard to book / filled up quickly?

In 2007, the 1/2 day excursion to Pisa sold out, but a few weeks later, DCL added an afternoon excursion that was identical. So if the excursions you want are sold out, keep checking back because DCL may add some more slots or people may cancel as they firm up their plans. What typically happens is that DCL releases only a certain percentage of slots with each group that can do their excursion booking, so there may be slots later that you can get. People also book what they think they want to do but then will come back and cancel because they decide to do something different or on their own.

Keenercam, sorry to see you all go.

Here are the 2011 Med Excursions with pricing. www.worldofmouse.com/2011-med-excursions.html

Here are the 2007 Med Excursions with pricing www.worldofmouse.com/disney-med-2007-excursions.html

Get your calculators out:)

That's great. Thanks!!!

For our 2007 cruise in the Med, the Exclusive VIP visit to the Vatican and hightlights of Rome sold out. This tour had a limited number as we got a private viewing of the Sistene Chapel and Museum.

OurDogCisco said:
For our 2007 cruise in the Med, the Exclusive VIP visit to the Vatican and hightlights of Rome sold out. This tour had a limited number as we got a private viewing of the Sistene Chapel and Museum.

We took that tour as well. When DSIS and DBIL went in 2011 and this excursion was not offered. Hopefully they will offer again it was great!

Is their a facebook page set up for this cruise yet? I found it helpful for the MV fantasy cruise and the May Hawaii cruise.

Is their a facebook page set up for this cruise yet? I found it helpful for the MV fantasy cruise and the May Hawaii cruise.

I don't think so.
I'm just curious about how a facebook page is helpful compared to the meet thread here on DIS? I know more and more meet groups are going to facebook in addition, but I've never understood how it's helpful besides being able to see faces and that people tend to work on their handhelds vs computers (although the DIS's app for iPad/iPod is really easy to use...not sure if there is an android version, anyone know?).

I read through your thread yesterday...all of it! :) We are on the July cruise but I thought I might get some good info from this one since you'll be ahead of us.

Cindy - I grew up in Tally and my parents are still there so we are in town frequently especially during football and baseball seasons. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter