Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Well the our flight dates are now availalble on Delta and the fare is not too bad. I know it is all relative! Ordered Delta Visa to get some more miles for our possible upgrade as soon as it arrives I am likely to book. Newport News/Williamsburg VA to BCN with one stop is $1,600. We don't want more than one stop if possible. Not great but better than the $2K :scared1:DSIS found out of DC!

Well the our flight dates are now availalble on Delta and the fare is not too bad. I know it is all relative! Ordered Delta Visa to get some more miles for our possible upgrade as soon as it arrives I am likely to book. Newport News/Williamsburg VA to BCN with one stop is $1,600. We don't want more than one stop if possible. Not great but better than the $2K :scared1:DSIS found out of DC!

I hear ya about not having lots of stops. Where will you connect through?

We have another week and a half before our flights are available for booking, but the price for those before it have been holding steady this week at $1406. Because we'll be sliding into a July return date, I expect it will go up some, but we'll see. Crossing our fingers.

I hear ya about not having lots of stops. Where will you connect through?

We have another week and a half before our flights are available for booking, but the price for those before it have been holding steady this week at $1406. Because we'll be sliding into a July return date, I expect it will go up some, but we'll see. Crossing our fingers.

Cindy
Our connection is in Atlanta.
Sue

Cindy
Our connection is in Atlanta.
Sue

So you're probably looking at the same flight from ATL to BCN that we're looking at - the red-eye? Right now that flight alone is about $1406, so with a connection coming from VA, that sounds right for $1600 per ticket.

Be sure you leave plenty of time when coming home to clear through customs in ATL before making your connecting flight - the scheduler might automatically do that for you, but in ATL you have to pick up your bags from the international arrivals, go through customs, and then send your bags back through as you go to your gate after you go through customs.

Don't forget if going through ATL you will likely be in the new International terminal. So if you have a connection on the way out...give yourself plenty of time to get from your regular domestic terminal to the new international terminal.

And for those leaving from ATL...the entrance/exit to the new International terminal is on 75 not 85. And the best part is you don't have to recheck your bag on the way out of customs!!

So you're probably looking at the same flight from ATL to BCN that we're looking at - the red-eye? Right now that flight alone is about $1406, so with a connection coming from VA, that sounds right for $1600 per ticket.

Be sure you leave plenty of time when coming home to clear through customs in ATL before making your connecting flight - the scheduler might automatically do that for you, but in ATL you have to pick up your bags from the international arrivals, go through customs, and then send your bags back through as you go to your gate after you go through customs.

Thanks for all the reminders we have done this twice in 2007 and 2010 but sounds like a new terminal now. On our trip in 2007 DCL want to fly us through NY with a one hour layer to clear customs!!! I have been flying long enought even though not that much overseas that it would not have worked. And the 1 hour connection was the last flight out for the day. We have 3 hours coming back and I believe almost 4 going. Now all we need is the new card so I can book and start paying for it. Cruise and hotel are paid for so getting this part in the budget will make time come the first of the year to save for the shore excursions. I guess we wont have the current ones up on the site until Janurary.

Don't forget if going through ATL you will likely be in the new International terminal. So if you have a connection on the way out...give yourself plenty of time to get from your regular domestic terminal to the new international terminal.

And for those leaving from ATL...the entrance/exit to the new International terminal is on 75 not 85. And the best part is you don't have to recheck your bag on the way out of customs!!

drlaurafsu - thanks for this - I didn't realize that change would keep you from having to recheck bags - that's awesome!

Now all we need is the new card so I can book and start paying for it. Cruise and hotel are paid for so getting this part in the budget will make time come the first of the year to save for the shore excursions. I guess we wont have the current ones up on the site until Janurary.

I started working on our "once we're onboard" cruise expense budget - excursions, tips, etc. I'm basing it on what we have paid for excursions on previous cruises in terms of full-day or half-day, sightseeing vs more indepth excursions, how far the "main attraction" is from the port (like Rome, Florence vs. Villefranche). By the time it is all said and done, I will have worked for a year plus to pay for the four of us for a month's vacation :) I really need a raise (LOL).

drlaurafsu - thanks for this - I didn't realize that change would keep you from having to recheck bags - that's awesome!

Yes...this has to be my favorite thing about the internation terminal. There is nothing worse than having to recheck your bags just for them to send them through to baggage claim. And it always seemed to take so much longer for them to make it from customs than from a regular flight...its like they wait for everyone on your flight to clear customs or something!!

But now if you are getting off in ATL you just take your bags through customs and are free to go!! We will be testing it out in December. I'll let you know how it goes!

When I see rates like this I am so glad I decided to fly non stop from Toronto for a $1010. Having to drive to the in-laws the night before (3 hrs) and having them drop us off and pick us up from the airport (2 hrs) will be worth it since we will save over $3000 for my family of 6 based on the current Delta rates.

We did it. Booked our airfare. Didn't think we could do the direct flights much cheaper. United out of Newark wanted 1,687 a person. Got USAir out of Philly for 1,047 a person. I like pretty much between both airports so I booked it. Don't think United will come down enough to beat that price.

Sorry if this is a weird question....this is going go be our 1st DCL cruise...and I am basically a DISboards newbie but just curious how folks feel about starting a FB group for the cruise.... I am not super familiar with FB groups either but I was just thinking, especially as the cruise gets closer, it might be a good way for folks to maybe organize port excursions, hotel info, etc. I have loved learning so much from the boards, its just sometimes it can be a bit difficult to track down the specific info you were looking for (especially when threads get really long...).

We also booked our air today. $1,550 out of Newport News VA with one stop in Atlanta on Delta. It would have been$2,880!! for up gradable seats! We did up grade to economy plus for a little more. Glad to have this behind us. Sue

helloooooo! it seems that the baltic cruise we took a few years ago was my baby and this cruise is my hubby's so i haven't been following this board much. but here i am checking in and feeling overwhelmed and lagging behind:confused3 i think our plan is to fly from SFO to BCN a few days before the cruise, then after the cruise we want to fly to venice and stay there a few days then fly home. is anyone else going to venice after the cruise? disney called with a problem booking our flights home, i guess they can't get us from venice to barcelona in time to fly out of barcelona on the same day (am i making any sense at all?). has anyone who did the med cruise before done this kind of thing? also did i read correctly that hotels in barcelona are already booked up for pre cruise stays?:scared1: okay, now i'm freaking out!!!!

see ya, marianne

Meum said:
helloooooo! it seems that the baltic cruise we took a few years ago was my baby and this cruise is my hubby's so i haven't been following this board much. but here i am checking in and feeling overwhelmed and lagging behind:confused3 i think our plan is to fly from SFO to BCN a few days before the cruise, then after the cruise we want to fly to venice and stay there a few days then fly home. is anyone else going to venice after the cruise? disney called with a problem booking our flights home, i guess they can't get us from venice to barcelona in time to fly out of barcelona on the same day (am i making any sense at all?). has anyone who did the med cruise before done this kind of thing? also did i read correctly that hotels in barcelona are already booked up for pre cruise stays?:scared1: okay, now i'm freaking out!!!!

see ya, marianne

Marianne
BFF who is going with us booked the AC Diplomat on line for before the cruise because she could not get through DCL. Sue

We booked USAir RT from Philly for $1017 pp. Using Rapid Reward Tickets to get from SLC to Phlly and back. Now to find rooms in Barcelona.

Sorry if this is a weird question....this is going go be our 1st DCL cruise...and I am basically a DISboards newbie but just curious how folks feel about starting a FB group for the cruise.... I am not super familiar with FB groups either but I was just thinking, especially as the cruise gets closer, it might be a good way for folks to maybe organize port excursions, hotel info, etc. I have loved learning so much from the boards, its just sometimes it can be a bit difficult to track down the specific info you were looking for (especially when threads get really long...).

We could do it. With FB, I worry about people who are not on our cruise seeing I'm gone for 3 weeks... If you know what I mean.

Jeff

Just my $0.02, but some people do not have a FB account, nor will I establish one.

I've participated in FB groups for other cruises and found them actually harder to follow than DIS or other forums. I personally like having all my planning in one spot and have found the DIS to be perfect for DCL cruises. The use of PMs for tour sharing has been good for us previously.

Finally have seats on a plane going to Barcelona AND getting home!!!:yay: We have been in frequent flyer h---! Actually have flights to Paris - would have to do Paris to Barcelona on our own (only $600 for 4). So worst case scenario is about $1200 for the four of us instead of cheapest $5000+ from Portland, OR. Still hoping for paris to Barcelona to open up - keeping fingers crossed! Will continue to research accomodations for a little longer.

Wishing everyone luck with their flights!

Marni

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter