Whoa..Annual Pass Increase - Effective 10/4/15

Just keep boiling that frog, Disney.

For us we have regular SoCal passes, plus one purchased for our DGD. Next year we'd need to buy one for our DGS too, and I'm starting to think the grandkids really enjoy playing in our back yard so maybe we don't need AP's anymore.

It seems to me that Disney is pricing out those who get annual passes but don't live very near the parks. I don't really see how that is going to reduce the crowds significantly on a day-to-day basis. It may improve crowd levels at peak times, though. Die-hards are still going to pony up, locals will still get their passes, but I would think a lot of the current premium level people who don't live in the immediate area will give it up. Disney will get more money and still reduce the number of premium/signature APs, but how does this help crowding? I guess I'm not getting the bigger picture. Maybe this is just step 1 or something. Maybe the plan is to gradually reduce all levels of APs.

What is so strange is Disneyland is more expensive than Disney world now. Also when you add parking to the Deluxe pass it is the same cost as the Signature pass with less benefits.

DLR APs have been more expensive than comparable WDW APs for a few years already but the difference used to not very big. Now it's huge. But the funny thing is that one day tickets are still cheaper at DL than they are for the MK.

We just have the SoCal Select, so our prices only went up $30 and we only save $10 by renewing, but I really don't want to renew with all the SWL construction coming. We were planning on letting it go and maybe picking them up again once SWL is completed. I suppose it's nice they added a parking option again, but we usually stay in a hotel anyway and only used the parking lots a couple times over the past year, so that wouldn't be worth it for us anyway.

Why didnt i see this yesterday??? Ugh i was contemplating taking the plunge for APs and just decided to do it but at the parks so we could get an early morning :(
Guess i cant afford it now geeze

I have a SoCal Select pass so this doesn't affect me much, but I wonder if they will phase out that pass too in a couple years. I'm not renewing when my pass expires in the spring since I'll be out of the country for at least half of the year, but I really wonder if I'll even be able to buy a pass when I come back...

Out of curiosity, anyone know if the regular SoCal pass still offers renewals? It isn't listed on the pass site anymore, and since you can't renew Premiums anymore, I wonder if it's the same way?

Creating a whole level of pass to block out 1 week is a pretty interesting move. Isn't that the week that Christmas entertainment becomes free at WDW? (Meaning not part of the hard ticket parties). I wonder if they're adding a Christmas party at Disneyland?

I have a SoCal Select pass so this doesn't affect me much, but I wonder if they will phase out that pass too in a couple years. I'm not renewing when my pass expires in the spring since I'll be out of the country for at least half of the year, but I really wonder if I'll even be able to buy a pass when I come back...

Out of curiosity, anyone know if the regular SoCal pass still offers renewals? It isn't listed on the pass site anymore, and since you can't renew Premiums anymore, I wonder if it's the same way?
Do they still offer the socal select?

I think the SoCal Select added a few more days - I'm pretty sure they extended it into June further, but I'm expired before that so I can't say for sure because I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to June dates before.

Creating a whole level of pass to block out 1 week is a pretty interesting move. Isn't that the week that Christmas entertainment becomes free at WDW? (Meaning not part of the hard ticket parties). I wonder if they're adding a Christmas party at Disneyland?

I don't know if it will happen this year, and I don't know if it would happen in DL while all of the SWL construction is going on next year, but I'm sure it will happen at some point -- maybe in DCA. I think that we have not seen the last of the premium dining events (for $150+) this year either. I'm sure that something is in the works for the holiday season, and it has not been announced thus far -- it could be a sort of modified hard ticket event that will pave the way (and test the waters) for an eventual 'real' party (a party which will hold hostage the events that have already been part of the "free" holiday entertainment for many years).

I think the SoCal Select added a few more days - I'm pretty sure they extended it into June further, but I'm expired before that so I can't say for sure because I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to June dates before.
The summer blockout is still about the same length of time, it's starts a week later in June next year but comes back a week later in August. It looks like it's more in line with when LAUSD is on summer break.

WOW - This is just too much! If we are able to ($), we would still renew next year, I think... but it looks like I just renewd our Premium AP on time (last week) ... so our we, the last "Premium AP holders"? or do we become Signature Plus?

WOW - This is just too much! If we are able to ($), we would still renew next year, I think... but it looks like I just renewd our Premium AP on time (last week) ... so our we, the last "Premium AP holders"? or do we become Signature Plus?
This is the email I got from Disney this morning about my Premium AP

Starting today, new and renewing Passholders have two new Annual Passport types available to them:

Disney Signature Plus,
offering Theme Park admission** every day of the year.

OR

Disney Signature,
offering Theme Park admission** nearly every day of the year (except during the peak holiday periods that include Christmas and New Year's Day).

Both Passports feature unlimited photo downloads from Disney PhotoPass® Service* and parking privileges at the Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks in addition to the other great Passholder benefits you currently enjoy***.

We invite you to view all of our Annual Passport types by clicking below.

Your current PREMIUM† Passport is still valid through your anniversary date, xx/xx/2016, and maintains all of its existing entitlements and benefits. And when it's time to renew, you'll have two new Passport types to choose from!
†Current Premium Annual Passports will remain valid until expired, but Premium Annual Passports will not be available for purchase or renewal.

*Disney PhotoPass® benefit for Disney Signature and Disney Signature Plus Annual Passholders includes Disney PhotoPass® photos linked to the Guest's Disney account and captured while the Annual Passport is valid for admission to a Disneyland® Theme Park. Photos linked to a Disney account with a Disney PhotoPass® benefit for qualifying Annual Passholders will expire 365 days from the date of capture. This Disney PhotoPass® benefit is subject to terms and restrictions including the Annual Passport Terms & Conditions. See alsoDisneyland.com/apphotopass for details and other conditions for this Disney PhotoPass®benefit. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Online registration required. Downloads are restricted to personal use by Passholder only. Subject to change without notice.

**Subject to capacity. Passports do not guarantee Theme Park admission during high attendance periods or other closures. Excludes activities/events separately priced. See Passholder benefits page for details.

***Availability of Theme Park parking is subject to capacity, Blockout Dates and other closures and restrictions. Please visit Disneyland.com/AP for Blockout Dates. All benefits are subject to restrictions including the Annual Passport Terms and Conditions (see Disneyland.com/AP), which are determined solely by Disney or the applicable offer and may change without notice.

I said (on my Facebook page) that if Disney is going to punish the AP holders for taking advantage of a system that Disney set up for them -- right before Disneyland goes under major construction and the entire Rivers of America area is down for at least a year -- then it shouldn't be too much to ask to put some pumpkin carvers back in the parks for Halloween Time, and to put some actual, genuine, real Halloween decorations back in California Adventure!!!!! And slap those icicle lights back on the Castle for the holiday season!

I know this is not a possibility for some, but we just ran out to the closest Disney Store to buy premium AP vouchers. They were still priced at $779.
I wonder if this would be the same for Disney World? I almost visited the Disney Store closest (hour away) yesterday but decided to wait until after Halloween thinking sales would be better. Had I read rumors earlier I would have gone.

Just curious when looking at the new AP rates DL charges the same amount for children as adults for the AP. Is this a change or has it always been same rate for everyone over 3?

Does anyone know if this is the first time that Disney had two price changes in the same year?

I wonder if this would be the same for Disney World? I almost visited the Disney Store closest (hour away) yesterday but decided to wait until after Halloween thinking sales would be better. Had I read rumors earlier I would have gone.

Just curious when looking at the new AP rates DL charges the same amount for children as adults for the AP. Is this a change or has it always been same rate for everyone over 3?

Does anyone know if this is the first time that Disney had two price changes in the same year?
APs have always been the same price for kids and adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter