Whoa..Annual Pass Increase - Effective 10/4/15

You can hand your camera to Cast Member photographers and they'll take your picture with it for free, so PhotoPass is a bargain only for ride photos. I'm not sure how many of those I actually need. However, I'm speaking as an adult Disney visitor. I might feel differently if I regularly attended with children.

You can hand your camera to Cast Member photographers and they'll take your picture with it for free, so PhotoPass is a bargain only for ride photos. I'm not sure how many of those I actually need. However, I'm speaking as an adult Disney visitor. I might feel differently if I regularly attended with children.

Yes, with kids it is great to have lots of photos taken, so that one hopefully turns out great!

I do believe that it is saying the Signature will have Photopass +. We go in October and I am the only one with a premium passport in my family, everyone else has deluxe. My daughter just asked yesterday if we were going to do photopass + again for the halloween time. With 2 trips left planned on our 'year of Disney' I think I am going to see if I can upgrade to the Signature pass to take advantage of the photopass +.

They also raised the premier pass to $1439 when it was somewhere like the cost of the signature plus. I was considering buying in as I'm also going to WDW in Dec 2016, but not anymore with a $400 price hike. That's just going way too far on that one for me.:(

They also raised the premier pass to $1439 when it was somewhere like the cost of the signature plus. I was considering buying in as I'm also going to WDW in Dec 2016, but not anymore with a $400 price hike. That's just going way too far on that one for me.:(

Same for my Dec 2016 trip, it would have been cheaper for me to buy it instead of a multi day ticket. Now a multi day ticket is cheaper

I keep trying to figure out how to make AP's work for our family for one year, but the target keeps moving! We were originally planning on buying them this month, but decided to put if off. Now it will cost us $300 more for our family because we waited.

What is so strange is Disneyland is more expensive than Disney world now. Also when you add parking to the Deluxe pass it is the same cost as the Signature pass with less benefits.

I bought photopass+ last week for my trip Oct 31st. Do you think they will give me a refund for it since it will now be included in my pass? I am buying new passes in 2 weeks and will have the signature with the 2 weeks of blockouts. I would have never bought the photopass+ if I would have known it was included.

They are closed right now so I can't call.

What is so strange is Disneyland is more expensive than Disney world now. Also when you add parking to the Deluxe pass it is the same cost as the Signature pass with less benefits.
The deluxe pass had been like that for the past few years with the parking add-on only making it approximately $50 cheaper than the the premium.

Personally I kind of like the idea of the signature pass because it does add in the free photopass downloads, and the only blockout dates are the winter break weeks which as a local I typically in years past only went for a few hours X-mas morning and did NYE this past year and I can live without doing in the future.

I bought photopass+ last week for my trip Oct 31st. Do you think they will give me a refund for it since it will now be included in my pass? I am buying new passes in 2 weeks and will have the signature with the 2 weeks of blockouts. I would have never bought the photopass+ if I would have known it was included.

They are closed right now so I can't call.

I believe that they will. Since you haven't used it, it shouldn't be a problem. We bought a photo at Surf's Up and then bought the Photopass the next day. They had no problem refunding the charge for the singular photo when we showed them we had the pass. What I don't know is if you can send it back now or return it in the park. If it were me, I would return it in the park, so you can have the refund right then, rather than having to wait for snail mail. But, I would call and speak to someone, as I am sure they will have to address this with many people after all the new AP changes.

Wow :( So the Deluxe has gone up $50. I am up for renewal of my current Deluxe AP in early December. I was planning to renew in November. With the renewal discount I thought it would be $509 instead of $549. So will it now be $559 instead of $599? The main reason I was renewing is because I always go on Candlelight Weekend (first weekend in December) and since next year that will be December 3rd and 4th (my AP expires on December 4th) I would be covered for next year with or not I renewed for 2017. The block-out calendar does not show December 2016 yet. I guess I will keep my eyes on it and this board until I plan to renew and go from there. I know Disney is able to charge whatever they want and folks will always probably still come. Sad that they are now making it more costly to visit. For those of you who do the photopass+ and buy the highest level pass anyway that is good news and I'm glad for you :)

Dang, this was already going to be our last AP year for a little while. The price increase definitely seals the deal, after our October trip we're gonna have to figure out a way to squeeze one more trip out in February before they expire.

Wow. So glad I just renewed my Premium AP...better start saving for next year's renewal. Wouldn't put it past them to raise the price again in spring!

ETA: may not go with a pass at all after this. I think they'll have success reducing the number of APs, but not sure how it will affect crowds.

I'm pretty upset by this... I mean you raise the prices twice in one year and are about to be going under construction and things will be limited, like really??? And it ruined my plan to get the premier. Well instead of Disney making more money from me they will get less. Because I can't afford to fly there & pay an increase on the premier as well. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to experience more Disney weekends:(.

That was my plan too for our Dec 2016 trip to WDW, now it is way to expensive. That's a $1,600 price increase for my family of 4.

Last edited:
Wow. So glad I just renewed my Premium AP...better start saving for next year's renewal. Wouldn't put it past them to raise the price again in spring!

I agree - so glad we renewed ours as well. Come next August, we will not be upgrading to the Signature pass, as our son will be 3 and we will need 4 of those. 3 passes at the old price vs 4 passes at the new price = $1248 price difference for us for the same experience. Uh, no thanks.

Darn darn darn--now I am not sure I am going to get an AP for my trip in a few weeks. Does anyone know of legit sites that offer AP's? Maybe I can find one at the old price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter