Whoa..Annual Pass Increase - Effective 10/4/15

iKristin

88 MPH
So a new rumor has just hit the inter webs that the Premium Disneyland AP will be going up THREE HUNDRED dollars to $1,049.00 and will be given a new name (Signature Plus). Supposedly the info will be released tomorrow, so take this with a grain of salt until the truth is actually revealed.

I would believe this if star wars land was about to open, but since DL is going to be a construction zone for awhile I find this very hard to believe.

I would believe this if star wars land was about to open, but since DL is going to be a construction zone for awhile I find this very hard to believe.

With the way the crowds have been, it does not surprise me that they're wanting to put huge price increases on the AP's.

It does seem excessive regardless of the current crowds. I could see it if there are substantial new benefits, however.

It sounds insane. However, if Disney's timeline for SWL is progressive, they may already have their increases mapped out, and this is the first of a strategy they're implementing. Disney World Prices are up already, but we won't know how much until the site comes back online.

Twitter rumors so far:

$20 Parking at both resorts (Disney World CONFIRMED, signs are out at the lots there)

Socal Passes (both kinds) are being phased out. They are not available for renewal - once your pass is up, it's up!

Deluxe Passes - $50 increase and more blockout dates.

Premium Pass being split into Signature, and Signature Plus.

Signature rumored to be $849(ish) and will be blocked out only from Christmas to New Years.

Signature Plus will be $1049 and have no blockouts, and will also include Photopass+ for the duration of the pass.

It sounds insane. However, if Disney's timeline for SWL is progressive, they may already have their increases mapped out, and this is the first of a strategy they're implementing. Disney World Prices are up already, but we won't know how much until the site comes back online.

Twitter rumors so far:

$20 Parking at both resorts (Disney World CONFIRMED, signs are out at the lots there)

Socal Passes (both kinds) are being phased out. They are not available for renewal - once your pass is up, it's up!

Deluxe Passes - $50 increase and more blockout dates.

Premium Pass being split into Signature, and Signature Plus.

Signature rumored to be $849(ish) and will be blocked out only from Christmas to New Years.

Signature Plus will be $1049 and have no blockouts, and will also include Photopass+ for the duration of the pass.

I'll still pay for my Premium because in the end it's worth it! If I would buy tickets for how many days this year I've been to the park (over 60 trips so far) I'd have spent almost ten grand haha.

And aside from the ROA, I don't think SWL is going to cause that many issues. It's all the way in the back of the park in an area not really super frequented by guests aside from traveling between the lands

As I have a trip planned for early December, I went ahead and purchased my AP tonight. If the rumors are true, I saved some money. If rumors are false, no biggie.

As an FYI, the expiration date on the emailed voucher says to redeem by 12/31/2015. Hopefully that helps someone make a decision.

I am meeting some friends for NYE, so it was important to me to have the Premium if at all possible. I do not want to pay $1000+ just so I can enter on NYE.

I am glad we purchased our passes tonight. I didn't even know of the pending changes until after. I am curious how these changes will affect us.

My sister-in-law was trying to renew and it shows premium as unavailable for purchase but does not give the option for signature or signature plus...just interesting to note... Perhaps this will show up tomorrow as options for her one

I just bought our 4-day park hoppers. None of the rumors seem to be indicating an increase on regular passes, but I figured there was no point in taking a chance. I bought the hoppers on the Disneyland app and when I checked on the website a few minutes later (out of curiosity), I couldn't get on. The Disneyland app only sells tickets, so that may be why it's still working.

So it appears Premium is being replaced by Signature and Signature Plus, with only the Plus having no blockouts. Deluxe and SoCal passes remain as before. Still waiting on pricing and benefits info.

35% increase in price from an apples to apples comparison between Premium and the new Signature Plus. $1049 for an AP with no blockout dates. :crazy2:

At least the Signature (new second tier pass) includes parking and will have the same discounts as the current Premium Pass does, but the addition of this tier is disappointing, and just to add blockouts during Christmas and New Year. The addition of PP downloads is actually pretty cool, but if you want zero blockout days, you're paying $270 more compared to the current (now old) price.

Last edited:
By serendipity, I bought a Premium Pass last weekend. I think it'll be a Year O' Disney for me, after which I'll just go back to buying tickets for specific trips. Visiting Disneyland isn't the only way we enjoy Disney and I've got to fly in.

Am I reading the site right that the normal Signature plus will include Photopass downloads? That would be nice! We are Premium passholders now, but don't come during Christmas break because of the crowds, so we would stick with the standard Signature if we renew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter