Who is going to be in the WORLD for MARDI GRAS?

RussTKD said:
Had my first piece of king cake last night, as a dessert to some boiled shrimp.

We'll be down there then. So will my buddy from high school and his wife and kids, and my boss's secretary, and seemingly a ton of other people I know.

We're gonna pick up some Fleurty Girl shirts to wear Mardi Gras Day, and my DD4 wants to bring beads to give to the princesses. And rumor has it that my high school band is marching in the MK parade on Mardi Gras day.

Edit: Rumor confirmed.

What high school band??

RussTKD said:
Had my first piece of king cake last night, as a dessert to some boiled shrimp.

We'll be down there then. So will my buddy from high school and his wife and kids, and my boss's secretary, and seemingly a ton of other people I know.

We're gonna pick up some Fleurty Girl shirts to wear Mardi Gras Day, and my DD4 wants to bring beads to give to the princesses. And rumor has it that my high school band is marching in the MK parade on Mardi Gras day.

Edit: Rumor confirmed.

That sounds soooo good. Mmmmm. Had some on New Years.

Btw a friend at work was thinking last minute of going to wdw for mg and called last night to book. ALL values were full. NOT good news.

We will be there mardi gras at bwv! So excited! From Gulfport and now after reading this thread I have a hankerin for king cake . . . .

We will be there Feb 11-16th.
I totally forgot about Mardi Gras. I was just focusing on our 10 year wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day! :love:
We are staying at Coronado Springs.

How awesome is that! We will be having dinner at CRT on Valentine's Day. :cloud9:

Have an amazing and memorable anniversary :goodvibes

Thanks! Happy Anniversary to you too!! Hope it's a magical one. :)

We are having dinner at 1900 Park Fare on our anniversary... we have CRT on Friday for lunch!

Me!!!
Can't wait! It is getting so close!:goodvibes
Staying at the Polynesian for the first time, Feb. 9-15!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Yep, values are full!!
I am actually a travel agent that specializes in Disney Destinations and have had a few people contact me for last minute trips. Not much available unless you want to stay deluxe or maybe in a cabin at FW.

FYI... cheap flights out of Southwest are sold out of NOLA but my family is flying out of Jackson,MS. This was DH's idea. We are in Baton Rouge and Jackson is 2 1/2 hours away. Yes, it would be more convenient out of NOLA but compared to 12 hours in the car, 2 1/2 isn't too bad! ;)
Just in case anyone is looking for last minute flights!!

Yep, values are full!!
I am actually a travel agent that specializes in Disney Destinations and have had a few people contact me for last minute trips. Not much available unless you want to stay deluxe or maybe in a cabin at FW.

FYI... cheap flights out of Southwest are sold out of NOLA but my family is flying out of Jackson,MS. This was DH's idea. We are in Baton Rouge and Jackson is 2 1/2 hours away. Yes, it would be more convenient out of NOLA but compared to 12 hours in the car, 2 1/2 isn't too bad! ;)
Just in case anyone is looking for last minute flights!!

Just looked and it's $700 round trip from Jackson to Orlando. Not too bad.

Unfortunately (or not, depending on perspective) we did our trip budget with driving so we splurged on the hotel.

Wow!! Values are sold out ?? There will be a ton of us there ! Well - I think they should upgrade us all , to make some of those value rooms available. ( lol- what a great dream ! Ha!)

shell8558 said:
Wow!! Values are sold out ?? There will be a ton of us there ! Well - I think they should upgrade us all , to make some of those value rooms available. ( lol- what a great dream ! Ha!)

Absolutely!!!!! :)

My DH has racked up the Rapid Rewards points so our entire family of 5 is flying for $25. That alone is worth the 2 1/2 drive to Jackson, IMO!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter